• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Noob Project #1

JigglyPunch

Smash Apprentice
Link to original post: [drupal=1556]Smash Noob Project #1[/drupal]

Hi.
My name is JigglyPunch (not really) and I have an interesting idea.

I have only started to play any kind of Smash Brothers game and I thought it would be cool to document the "evolution" of a noob like myself into a (hopefuly) smash god.

Every week, I will post my progress in this blog, starting from my first ever game, to the first time I beat a level 9 cpu, to maybe even a tournament. I live in a small town in Canada, so there aren't alot of tournaments in my range.

Hopefuly this blog will remind you of your first smash bros. experiences. Please do not offer advice unless I ask for it. This is a learning adventure for me.

Let's start at the beginning, shall we.

The day was March 20th. My birthday. I open a gift from my pep pep. It's a game I've only heard of in legend. Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I thank him and after the dinner and all the guests left, I popped it into my Wii, started it up and waited. It felt like it said "Now Loading..." for over 9000 seconds. As soon as I hear the epic music of the opening cinematic and main menu, I go to "Brawl".

The first step in becoming Brawl Jesus was chosing a "main". I am a huge fan of the Metroid series, so I headed strait for Samus. I set the cpu level to 2. When the game started, on Shadow Moses, I clumsily walked to the computer and squeased in a punch now and again. Their damage was at 93% after about 6 minutes. "This is it! I'm going to pwn my first n00b!" I said to myself. I shot a missile at Mario, and when it landed, I felt confused. He was over 100%, yet still walking around. Being the n00b I was, and still kind of am, I thought being over 100% of anything would have made Stephen Hawking spin his lid. This went on for quite some time.

I decided I would get used to Shadow Moses Island for a while. I played a few more there, getting used to the moves and controls. Learning of the subtle ways to inflict massive damage to a level 3 now. Once one of the later matches was done, A flashing light appeared saying "Warning: Challenger Approaching" or something to that effect. My first thoughts were "Holy God in Heaven. What did I do!". As soon as the fight started, I understood what was going on. It was a boss battle. There was no other explanation. After getting rid of Snake, another mesage popped up congratulating me on unlocking Snake. I saw this and it was good.

That was my first day of brawl. But it was only a taste of what was yet to come.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
this sounds like it'll be fun to read. good luck dude.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
This will be amazing, especially if you reach a level of almost perfect understanding of the game.

I personally will keep a close eye on this, I'm interested.

REL38

Smash Lord
Consistency, my friend. Keep up regualr updates at certain intervals to keep the interest up. I just hope this doesn't turn out to be one of those projects that start up, but end because the creator loses interest or just plainly gives up. I think this is a strange idea, but not a bad one if you are serious about it. I'll be sure to keep a look out for this project of yours and hope it'll be fruitful.

Zekirra

Smash Rookie
Awesome. Can't wait to read more.
If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend going to the Tournament Videos section and see how the pros fight. It really helped me a lot!

finalark

SNORLAX
Ah yes, that reminds me of the first time I played a Smash Game. Only it was Smash 64, and I was playing human opponents. And they were kicking my ***. Keep it up, this sounds like it will be a fun read.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Consistency, my friend. Keep up regualr updates at certain intervals to keep the interest up. I just hope this doesn't turn out to be one of those projects that start up, but end because the creator loses interest or just plainly gives up. I think this is a strange idea, but not a bad one if you are serious about it. I'll be sure to keep a look out for this project of yours and hope it'll be fruitful.
This

and im posting here to subscribe, i definitely wanna keep track of the progress of this thread

Top Bottom