• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Portugal National Tournament #2

NatP

Smash Ace
Yeah, I respect your opinion too, but from what I've played from both of those games, I feel that melee>brawl+. Granted, I haven't played much of both this games with other people but from fighting computers, trying out combos and watching videos on youtube, I think melee is a better game.

Tell you what, I have brawl+ but I never play it. Perhaps we can play someday. Give me your msn or something like that and maybe I can get a better feel of brawl+.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Yeah, I respect your opinion too, but from what I've played from both of those games, I feel that melee>brawl+. Granted, I haven't played much of both this games with other people but from fighting computers, trying out combos and watching videos on youtube, I think melee is a better game.

Tell you what, I have brawl+ but I never play it. Perhaps we can play someday. Give me your msn or something like that and maybe I can get a better feel of brawl+.
I added you on MSN but you are offline.

Muro

Smash Lord
crews just raised my expectations for this tourney even more, its gonna be awesome :D

By the way guys, it'd be good if you helped me out finding more players for the tourney.
i try but... its hard, people lack competitive instinct :S

Lemon?

Smash Apprentice
Quando te apanhar online no msn vais fazer uns jogos de brawl+ cmg. É a unica coisa q jogo neste momento, perdi o interesse td no brawl... Brawl+ e Melee ftw :p

NatP

Smash Ace
Alright, on the previous tourney, after the actual brawl tourney, we had to vote to decide for what our next mini tourney would be. So, one question, are we doing a mini tourney on this one or is it just going to be crews, singles and doubles? This is, if we have time for anything else lol. It might go faster than the other tourney, you never know.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Alright, on the previous tourney, after the actual brawl tourney, we had to vote to decide for what our next mini tourney would be. So, one question, are we doing a mini tourney on this one or is it just going to be crews, singles and doubles? This is, if we have time for anything else lol. It might go faster than the other tourney, you never know.
Here's my idea of what the tournament will/should be like (and this applies more to a Lisbon scenario). First of all, we won't be stuck with 5 but at least 6/7 TV's so naturally, things will go a lot faster.

10:00 signups
12:00 lunch break
13:00 doubles tournament
15:00 break ; crew battle
16:00 singles tournament
20:00 end of the tournament
22:00 closing

Muro

Smash Lord
Alright, on the previous tourney, after the actual brawl tourney, we had to vote to decide for what our next mini tourney would be.
humm i missed this, what time was it?

@ king funk, thats a pretty good plan if we can stick to it, crews before singles, serves as a good warm up

NatP

Smash Ace
When you and I were doing friendlies lol. I voted just as flayl asked, then you asked for some friendlies I think.

@king funk Awesome plan and I'm having alot of fun brawl+ing. JIggs ftw. :p

Muro

Smash Lord
lol i guess i concentrate too much :S i should chill more in friendlies lol, its just its so rare to be able to play against a character thats not pikachu :/ gotta learn those matchups :D

NatP

Smash Ace
Ok, I got an idea. Someone should bring like a camera and we should do a montage of the tourney. And we could have like people talking about random stuff and the like. And everyone can talk in portuguese cuz can add subtitles later to the video. We don't have to do anything to complex. Just filming the players, parts of the matches and then do like mini interviews with everyone. I think it'd be pretty neat. :D

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Ok, I got an idea. Someone should bring like a camera and we should do a montage of the tourney. And we could have like people talking about random stuff and the like. And everyone can talk in portuguese cuz can add subtitles later to the video. We don't have to do anything to complex. Just filming the players, parts of the matches and then do like mini interviews with everyone. I think it'd be pretty neat. :D
Yeah that'd be awesome. ^^

I'm thinking from 20:00 to 22:00, doing a mini tourney of either Melee or Brawl+.

NatP

Smash Ace
I think that during that time, we should just do friendlies of any game we want. Because I remember on the last tourney I wanted to have some friendlies with some people I didn't play but I didn't get the chance to do so.

SpikeBolt

Smash Cadet
Here's my idea of what the tournament will/should be like (and this applies more to a Lisbon scenario). First of all, we won't be stuck with 5 but at least 6/7 TV's so naturally, things will go a lot faster.

10:00 signups
12:00 lunch break
13:00 doubles tournament
15:00 break ; crew battle
16:00 singles tournament
20:00 end of the tournament
22:00 closing
That sure sounds great :)

NatP

Smash Ace
Everyone, we need to get this active. We need to discuss something to prove that we're an active smash community.

Muro

Smash Lord
so i would like to discuss the stage striking procedure, i dont think anyone got it right last time lol

Flayl

Smash Hero
Everyone, we need to get this active. We need to discuss something to prove that we're an active smash community.
Post in the regional thread then.

edit: Pessoal, digam em que jogos é que querem competir também.

Blue_Lightning

Smash Cadet
I am very in, and naturally, I vote for South (preferably lisbon), because the chances of me going, should it end up being in the North, are slim at best.

Aside from the Brawl tournament, I'd also like to see Melee (got the game now, will have to practice), Tatsunoko vs Capcom and possibly Brawl+.

Great iniciative Flayl!

Flayl

Smash Hero
There's a european mega drive tournament on October 4th, and there are people who wouldn't come if we do it on the same day. So now as a tentative date we have 4 or 11 of October.

NatP

Smash Ace
There's a regional thread? I didn't know that. o.o

And let me see, for another game, I say melee and maybe brawl+. OH, and there's another game that would be awesome if people could play. But well. It's a PC online game. And we would have to do LAN parties, and I'm not sure people would want to do that. The game is team fortress 2. It's a fantastic game IMO.

Also, if the tourney is not on the 4th, I'll probably not go to the tourney. :/

EDIT: North is screwed. x.x

Flayl

Smash Hero
Tenho aqui mais 3 votos para o Norte de N-Portugal.

edit: Mais 1 de PTFighters.

NatP

Smash Ace
Aleluia, uns jogadores nortenhos. Assim já fica mais equilibrado. E já agora Flayl, nenhum desses é do porto? Só mesmo para ver se moro remotamente perto de alguém que joga smash. >.>

Muro

Smash Lord
fdx reviravolta lol, bem pelo menos se ha gente a votar pelo porto e pk ha para jogarem pelo norte em crews, temos de ganhar pah :D, espero k arranjem um espaço fixe lá tambem.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Aleluia, uns jogadores nortenhos. Assim já fica mais equilibrado. E já agora Flayl, nenhum desses é do porto? Só mesmo para ver se moro remotamente perto de alguém que joga smash. >.>
Dos que têm a localidade à mostra, nenhum é do Porto.

Se quiseres posso perguntar quem é mesmo do Porto e depois enviar o teu msn por PM. Ou qq coisa assim.

NatP

Smash Ace
Bem, não sei bem se vale muito a pena, mas que se lixe. Se poderes, manda os msn's deles.

Muro

Smash Lord
i just noticed theres 2 pros for lisbon and only 1 for porto, does that count for something?

NatP

Smash Ace
Ok, I'm going to have to ask this question. Is DDD's infinite standing chaingrab banned? I know that there is no DDD in portugal so far, but it's just so easy to cp him and just use it. It's so easy to freaking standing cg, it's not even funny. I was even ifini'd on basic brawl with lag once, for crying out loud! Not to mention every other time I make the mistake of picking DK against a DDD. >.>

Flayl

Smash Hero
Currently it's not banned. There's just a 200% - 300% cap to avoid stalling. Not sure which one yet.

You got chaingrabbed by Wario in tournament and didn't complain, if Wario buffers correctly he can take you from 0 to 110%. Not an infinite, but it's still pretty bad.

Muro

Smash Lord
ok so i was thinking about our stage striking procedure, remember that currently we have four stages labeled as neutral. As it stands, before the match begins, one player is (randomly) decided to pick a stage where he doesnt want to play, then the other player chooses two stages where not to play (basically the first player "bans" a stage and the other one picks one of the remaining three to be played in the first match of the set). Now i think this is unfair, because one player has the power to ban two stages while the other can only ban one. My solution to this would be to allow lylat cruise as a neutral. This way both players get to ban two stages and they proceed to start the set in the remaining stage. So i talked about this with flayl and he said that while this is a good idea, he doesnt agree that lylat should be a neutral, so im posting here asking you guys what is your oppinion on this. If you disagree please say why, so we can have a good discussion. thx

NatP

Smash Ace
Wario's case is different. I got only 105 out of the whole thing and as a DK I'm used to having high percentages. On DDD's case, you're just screwed if you get grabbed. Wario's grab range is very small whereas DDD's grab range is the biggest in the game. >.< And wario's chaingrab is kinda fair, because DK has four grab releases all of which deal alot of damage and some that can even kill at low percentages. Besides, DK's grab has a much bigger grab range than Wario's and if he tries to go for the grab, he might just get grabbed himself. I didn't know about all these grab releases when I first fought wario, but now I feel alot more confident about this matchup and I'm not worried about having to fight one. DDD however....

And I agree with muro, even in the lylat cruise being neutral part. Sure, it screws up some recoveries, but the neutral stages give some characters the advantage too (FD: Samus vs Ganon. Who has the advantage here?). Personally, I think Lylat cruise can be a neutral stage.

Muro

Smash Lord
the neutral stages give some characters the advantage too (FD: Samus vs Ganon. Who has the advantage here?). Personally, I think Lylat cruise can be a neutral stage.
not to talk about diddy and falco on FD, falco is so ****ing annoying

edit: natP can u fill me in on those grab releases in a pm? i could look for them myself but since u already did that it would be easier to just ask u :p thx in advance :p

NatP

Smash Ace
I generally don't like giving my opponents tips but what the heck. ;p If DK manages to get a aerial grab release on wario, he is guaranteed a DK punch and all of his smashes. I'd say it's a fair trade for being able to cg DK to 105.

EDIT: Oops, forgot I had to pm this. Sorry. :p

Muro

Smash Lord
nah its not really a tip, its just saving me time :p i would look them up anyway but thanks for that :p, ur underestimating wario i think, if he's played well u wont get many grabs, and if i get a grab even at 0 its ton of damage, also i think at this point in our (portuguese) metagame we only win if we help each other, if i know something and u ask i will certainly answer u so feel free to do it.
I'm still looking for more oppinions on the stage striking thing.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
nah its not really a tip, its just saving me time :p i would look them up anyway but thanks for that :p, ur underestimating wario i think, if he's played well u wont get many grabs, and if i get a grab even at 0 its ton of damage, also i think at this point in our (portuguese) metagame we only win if we help each other, if i know something and u ask i will certainly answer u so feel free to do it.
I'm still looking for more oppinions on the stage striking thing.
The best option in my opinion for neutral stages would be 3 stages: Final Destination, Battlefield and Smashville. But 5 isn't bad, and I agree that Lylat Cruise can be a neutral.

NatP

Smash Ace
I'm sorry Funk, but yoshi's island is a great stage and it deserves to be neutral.

Also, I'm not underestimating wario, I know he's a really good character, but DK has probably the best range in the game, whereas wario has terrible range. It just comes down to who's the best player really. And I use g&w vs wario anyways. :p

Muro

Smash Lord
I'm sorry Funk, but yoshi's island is a great stage and it deserves to be neutral.

Also, I'm not underestimating wario, I know he's a really good character, but DK has probably the best range in the game, whereas wario has terrible range. It just comes down to who's the best player really. And I use g&w vs wario anyways. :p
lol not against dk, wario has the clear advantage. g&w is a close one between the two. he doesnt have range but he has a great aerial mobility. oh and i use snake vs g&w (lol this is why our matches were always different matchups xD)

Top Bottom