• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Reformation II @ Gameware Monthly 17 - May 21st

'V'

Smash Lord
Curlz is dropping out, so now we actually need another setup again. We have some possibilities, but I'd like a guaranteed possibility. Any other takers?

'V'

Smash Lord
how far is this from slidell?
About an hour and a half at most. If you can make it, that'd be awesome. The address is on the OP.

Though I'd recommend that you leave early if you can. Traffic is always stupid in Louisiana.

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
is ruse the one with a buzz cut and pretty eyelashes that always hangs with rice?
or is that drummuhboi?

'V'

Smash Lord
I'm thinking about coming and trying to bring Rice with me, but 6:00pm?

Isn't that a tad bit late?
It's the best we could do by way of running tourneys at all here in BR. It's either take it, or leave it. And we'd rather have it. It'd be awesome if you guys did come though.

Don't worry. If we actually start ON TIME and if people DIDN'T DO MONEY MATCHES OR FRIENDLIES WHILE THE TOURNEY WAS GOING ON, the tourney will progress just fine.

Ruse

Fox
It's the best we could do by way of running tourneys at all here in BR. It's either take it, or leave it. And we'd rather have it. It'd be awesome if you guys did come though.

Don't worry. If we actually start ON TIME and if people DIDN'T DO MONEY MATCHES OR FRIENDLIES WHILE THE TOURNEY WAS GOING ON, the tourney will progress just fine.
Understandable, I guess.

We're most likely going to Montgomery the next weekend, which is a bit closer, so I dunno if we'll definitely be at this, but it's still a possibility.

is ruse the one with a buzz cut and pretty eyelashes that always hangs with rice?
or is that drummuhboi?
That's Drumma. But, to be fair, I have some pretty eyelashes, too ;).

Curlz

Smash Lord
I think you should enter Vaughn.
Also, my chances for this just upped because I was supposed to be in NOLA for the weekend, but my ride bailed and now I'm gonna be staying in Laffy, so I'll just drive to this. If I can go, put me down for a setup, but I'm still unsure if I'm going or not, so don't count 100% on it.

Entreri

Smash Cadet
once again i think vaughn should not enter. because i like it when hes in a good mood. although he did do awesome at the lafayette tourney and remained in a pretty good mood after

-taylor

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Got a no for this. I have to go to Honors convocation for my sister.

Samus_Hats

Smash Apprentice
Yo, ima be there. If necessary I can bring a Cube with Melee, cords and all. I would bring my TV, but it's a flatscreen and some people say it lags a bit. If there is an extra TV, I'll bring my GC.

MisterZ

Smash Rookie
i (tim/russia/rrrrussia/rsia) can bring a setup, for the record. also if kyle and grace are ok with it, ppl are welcome over to my place after for friendlies/butt sex/etc.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I have nothing to shout about except johns. I had a lot of fun though, and I'll get you yet salt.

Coby, never do that to me again.

'V'

Smash Lord
I would've been happy to do it by skill this time, but we still don't have an accurate tier list. Not to mention, there were a few new people this time as well. Besides, the bracket seemed fine anyway. There's just a bunch of good people that play this game. You know this already.

I'll come up with an actual accurate list this time around.

D

Deleted member

you dont need an actual 'list.' i said a long time ago, i made like a top 10 set of people that was all you really needed. you say it went fine but there were some pretty bogus matches. me playing lee round 2 and cyphus playing freddy round 1. like always, it could have been seeded much better. i mean no disrespect though, you always do a good job running tournaments vaughn. but i do miss when i ran tournaments. i could make the brackets next time if you want since apparently you needed a tier list of people do seed by skill

Turazrok

Smash Master
I think Vaughn did a good job running it, but Pritch first round in loser's is some serious Ugh

D

Deleted member

thats funny because i dont think you vs pritch in first round of losers is that bad lol.
and i dont think vaughn did anything wrong. like i said. it was tio's fault, we could have just prevented it.

Turazrok

Smash Master
thats funny because i dont think you vs pritch in first round of losers is that bad lol.
and i dont think vaughn did anything wrong. like i said. it was tio's fault, we could have just prevented it.
I only mention it because of stuff like Salt vs batto first round then pritch vs tim. Plus pritch 4 stocked me the time before that.

'V'

Smash Lord
Were the brackets really that bad? I mean yeah Taylor fought Lee early and all, but he had 2 opponents that he normally beats immediately in the loser's bracket, then he lost to freddy, which surprised me. I didn't hear Kyle complaining about it either and he had a close to similar situation as far as playing Lee early goes.

Pritch was *****ing about it too. He had to fight Tim in the first round then he fought Turok and then lost to Avery. I don't know why he would complain about that though. I had to play Avery in the first round and I ended up beating him, and he's definitely a better player than I am and I went random. The only good character I got during that fight was Jiggs in the first fight and he 3-stocked it. Then I beat Coby, then lost immediately to Tim and Kyle. It seemed fair to me, that's just what happens when you have a turnout of 18 total people with more than half of it being decent players.

I already have an idea of how to seed it by skill and location, but I'll tell you in advance to not be surprised when the outcome becomes rather similar with a kinda decent turnout like this one. It just happens.

Sorry if anyone didn't have fun, but I'm trying really hard.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I'm looking at the results and there's not a name on there that I DON'T recognize. If anything, someone should give mad props to Vaughn for even attempting to seed that tournament. From what I can read it seems probably the most fair that you could have gotten without conflicting by location.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Were the brackets really that bad? I mean yeah Taylor fought Lee early and all, but he had 2 opponents that he normally beats immediately in the loser's bracket, then he lost to freddy, which surprised me. I didn't hear Kyle complaining about it either and he had a close to similar situation as far as playing Lee early goes.

Pritch was *****ing about it too. He had to fight Tim in the first round then he fought Turok and then lost to Avery. I don't know why he would complain about that though. I had to play Avery in the first round and I ended up beating him, and he's definitely a better player than I am and I went random. The only good character I got during that fight was Jiggs in the first fight and he 3-stocked it. Then I beat Coby, then lost immediately to Tim and Kyle. It seemed fair to me, that's just what happens when you have a turnout of 18 total people with more than half of it being decent players.

I already have an idea of how to seed it by skill and location, but I'll tell you in advance to not be surprised when the outcome becomes rather similar with a kinda decent turnout like this one. It just happens.

Sorry if anyone didn't have fun, but I'm trying really hard.
Not at all Vaughn. I love that you're hosting these close enough that I can go every time and I really shouldn't complain about it. These are a lot of fun. I just should get better.

Entreri

Smash Cadet
stuff like that. battou vs salt and freddy vs cyphus both first round? seeding should go as the best players fight the worst players first round for accurate placement. battou and salt playing in the first round is hilarious to me. and i think its funny that curlz gives props. ill take the bracket in my own hands next tournament. the way tournaments are run in sports and stuff, there is nothing random about a bracket. it comes after a season of games where the best fight the worst and the 1st, 2nd best, 3rd best, ect are spread apart as much as possible from each other for after the first round. it should be like 1v16 next to the 8v9 match. and the 2v15 next to the 7v10 match. ect. then those brackets as a whole are places as far from each other as possible. i got this next time. now im done talking about it.

-taylor

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
lol, i was so discouraged when i left this tournament and kept thinking i played horribly, but considering who my two matches were... i probably didn't do that badly. however, i don't know how hard kyle was sandbagging our second match. also, taylor was nice enough to go fox instead of marth or shiek vs. me.

Samus_Hats

Smash Apprentice
Eh. The brackets I guess were a tad off. I also have to lol at Salt VS Batto. Personally, I thought that my match against Tim (I think his name was Tim. I'm still matching names with faces...The other guy with a hat like mine. Hats Jr.) was really good. They were pretty close, in my opinion at least.

Buuuut then I had to play Cyphus in the 2nd round. =(

'V'

Smash Lord
stuff like that. battou vs salt and freddy vs cyphus both first round? seeding should go as the best players fight the worst players first round for accurate placement. battou and salt playing in the first round is hilarious to me. and i think its funny that curlz gives props. ill take the bracket in my own hands next tournament. the way tournaments are run in sports and stuff, there is nothing random about a bracket. it comes after a season of games where the best fight the worst and the 1st, 2nd best, 3rd best, ect are spread apart as much as possible from each other for after the first round. it should be like 1v16 next to the 8v9 match. and the 2v15 next to the 7v10 match. ect. then those brackets as a whole are places as far from each other as possible. i got this next time. now im done talking about it.

-taylor
Last time I checked, I was running the tournaments. It's one thing to say that you didn't like the brackets, but not having enough faith in me for fixing it next time is just plain rude. I already said that I have a system lined up for next time.

By all means, this game is not that serious. There's a little money yeah, but overall, Gameware Monthlies are there just for hanging out and chilling. I'm sorry that most of you only show up whenever Melee is involved.

I asked you guys before the tournament if it was okay that I seeded it by location. You and Tim were both fine with it. Therefore, I am not to blame.

Have a little more faith in me. I'll handle it next time.

smasher salt

Smash Rookie

-taylor
why is me vs battou so fn funny??

Top Bottom