• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Remix Update 1.4.0 is out now!

maxresdefault.jpg

The latest update for the Super Smash Bros. 64 mod Smash Remix is now here. Version 1.4.0 of Smash Remix adds a plethora of additions including character changes, new stages, and even three brand new characters. You can watch the summary video here:

Characters added:
  • Goemon from Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
  • Peppy from Star Fox
  • Slippy from Star Fox
Stages added:
  • Odeo Town from Mystical Ninja Goemon
  • Twilight City from Wave Race 64
  • Melrode from Quest 64
  • First Destination Remix

You can read the full list of changes and download the update here.

Author's Note: What do you think of this update? I keep getting closer to finally trying this mod.

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

I think the new caharcters are cool still wheres zelda and Peach they are really missing (And Sheik should get an impa alt)

I'm glad for the new characters and I appreciate the work put into the mod.

Though, still don't know what's taking so long for them to add Peach and Zelda, at this point their absence really is starting to get glaring.

I mean they both have perfect N64 models to use....

File:OoT Adult Zelda Artwork.png

Though, still don't know what's taking so long for them to add Peach and Zelda, at this point their absence really is starting to get glaring.

TBH, I’d personally replace Lucas and Dark Samus with Peach and Zelda, since the former two’s games weren’t released at the time of Smash 64.

TBH, I’d personally replace Lucas and Dark Samus with Peach and Zelda, since the former two’s games weren’t released at the time of Smash 64.
Those two are clone characters that could be built off of Ness and Samus, so that's pretty much the only reason their in.

I could understand Peach and Zelda's absence at first because the vast majority of the new characters being added were clones like Dr. Mario and Young Link.

But at this point their adding so many unique characters, Peach and Zelda still being absent at this point is starting to get more and more bizarre. If their not the next veterans added (by veterans I mean any character in real Smash, whether from 64 - Ultimate), I'd be really questioning it.

Peach and Zelda would be cool to see in Smash Remix (tbh, the roster felt complete to me when Dedede made it). From what I’ve seen on the Smash Remix discord, animating Peach’s dress exceeds the polygon limitations of the N64. Fingers crossed a workaround will eventually come.

If you're talking about Peach and Zelda, you might as well add Daisy and Hilda to that list
I'd be happy to have both of them as well, though Zelda would probably use her OOT incarnation rather than her ALBW one. Impa as a Sheik clone would work great in terms of Zelda clone characters from the N64 era.

Last edited:
I'd be happy to have both of them as well, though Zelda would probably use her OOT incarnation rather than her ALBW one. Impa as a Sheik clone would work great in terms of Zelda clone characters from the N64 era.
Heck even smash zelda is mostly A link to the past especially in terms of age/ size!
Also i think having this link would be neat he could be the toon link replacement but obviously zelda (And maybe impa) should come first!
1688739536853.png
if you think hes too modern hes a modern version of this sprite:
1688739577780.png

I know this is super late and all but this just popped into my head recently so I'll post it anyways. If the dress exceeding polygon limits is what's preventing Peach, Zelda, Daisy, etc. from being added, maybe they could go with incarnations that wear either short skirts or trouser type outfits instead of the full length dress. (Basically any models that have legs instead of dress, just like the trouser wearing Mario, Luigi, Link, etc).

Now the most famous examples would be the Mario Kart biker suits for Peach and Daisy and the BOTW/TOTK trouser outfit for Zelda.

Peach
Daisy
File:Nintendo TOKYO Zelda Render.png

But this would obviously be way off period and after the N64 era, so in order to look for more period appropriate incarnations/costumes, we could go for the Mario Tennis/Mario Golf sports outfits for Peach and Daisy, which even have N64 models already. I'm presuming the short skirts wouldn't exceed the polygon limits like the full length dress would for the N64.

Princess_Peach_MT64_artwork.png
Peach spectating

1200px-MT64_Daisy_Artwork.png
1692137635587.png

Zelda's a little more difficult since there aren't really any sports titles for the series, and very few mainline games have her without the full length dress during the N64 era or before, so we would have to look a little further into the spinoffs or cartoon shows. I've found that probably the most well known incarnations of her with either trousers or short skirts would either be the CD-I Zelda or the DIC Cartoon Zelda. (It would not only be a funny meme addition, but the CD-I games and DIC cartoon both had Zelda in a more active role than the mainline games at the time, so it would be fitting too).

1692137410912.png
File:TWoG Zelda Cutscene Sprite.png

1692137457091.png
File:Zelda 2 (Underworld Connections).png

Obviously at the end of the day, I would prefer their traditional full dress incarnations from Super Mario 64/Mario Party/Mario Kart and Ocarina of Time, but if they really can't get around the polygon limitations, these would be acceptable alternatives to not having them in the game at all, considering their importance.

1692137509839.png
1692137521378.png
1704481238495.png

Last edited:
I know this is super late and all but this just popped into my head recently so I'll post it anyways. If the dress exceeding polygon limits is what's preventing Peach, Zelda, Daisy, etc. from being added, maybe they could go with incarnations that wear either short skirts or trouser type outfits instead of the full length dress. (Basically any models that have legs instead of dress, just like the trouser wearing Mario, Luigi, Link, etc).

Now the most famous examples would be the Mario Kart biker suits for Peach and Daisy and the BOTW/TOTK trouser outfit for Zelda.

Peach
Daisy
File:Nintendo TOKYO Zelda Render.png

But this would obviously be way off period and after the N64 era, so in order to look for more period appropriate incarnations/costumes, we could go for the Mario Tennis/Mario Golf sports outfits for Peach and Daisy, which even have N64 models already. I'm presuming the short skirts wouldn't exceed the polygon limits like the full length dress would for the N64.

View attachment 376179
Peach spectating

View attachment 376182View attachment 376177

Zelda's a little more difficult since there aren't really any sport titles for the series, and very few mainline games without the full length dress during the N64 era or before, so we would have to look a little further into the spinoffs or cartoon shows. I've found probably the most well known incarnations of her with either trousers or short skirts would either be the CD-I Zelda or the DIC Cartoon Zelda. (And it would be a funny meme addition).

View attachment 376173
File:TWoG Zelda Cutscene Sprite.png

View attachment 376174
File:Zelda 2 (Underworld Connections).png

Obviously at the end of the day, I would prefer their traditional full dress incarnations from Super Mario 64/Mario Party/Mario Kart and Ocarina of Time, but if they really can't get around the polygon limitations, these would be acceptable alternatives to not having them in the game at all, considering their importance.

View attachment 376175View attachment 376176
Princess Daisy playing Hey, Batter, Batter!
Surely they could do what Slap City did with the Goddess of Explosions and just have the bottom of their dresses be a flat shadow? Some moves from Melee would need to be changed for this though

Top Bottom