• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash resolutions 2009

Mr.Bazerkus

Smash Journeyman
I see no one has done this yet so I will do it myself

What are your new years resolutions for smash
I'm sure many of you have things you hope to accomplish in the new year in regards to smash.

Okay to give you a idea of what were going for here I will go first

My Smash Bros Brawl Resolution for 2009 is to go to at least 2 in Person tournaments and to learn more of the advance techs for Game and Watch my Main. And to not rely so much on online to practice since it is dramatically different from what matters offline play.

Osi

Smash Ace
My goal for 2009 is to help push brawl+ to be a viable option at tournaments. It has brought me back to playing smash seriously again, and I'd love to see it succeed.

I'd also enjoy to have a good showing at genesis.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
To find somebody that I can play with that doesn't suck. That and get better at doing Lucas's advanced techniques.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm resolving to play more local matches, wi-fi just kills me as a Ness/Lucas player.

Helkulkhamen

Smash Cadet
I hope that the Smash Community dethrones (or at least contends) meta-knight's position as No. 1 in tournaments.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I resolve to reach a level where I'm proud of how I play. I'm getting there, but I'm still too rash, too aggressive, and too concerned with myself. I need to slow down, play it smart, and learn to observe my opponent better. I know my main characters, Marth and Zelda, very well, especially Marth. I just need to play him as well as I know I can.

And maybe go to a tournament or two. We'll see what happens.

Sonicdahedgie

Smash Apprentice
To place decently in a tournament with Sonic!
This may be a difficult task. I have yet to unlock Sonic, and I know of no tournaments in Georgia. And I have no one to practice against.
Do moms count?

Frown

poekmon
To place decently in a tournament with Sonic!
This may be a difficult task. I have yet to unlock Sonic, and I know of no tournaments in Georgia. And I have no one to practice against.
Do moms count?
You're pretty f***ed if you ask me. Seems like you're a veeeeery long way from winning a tournament.

Make that a 2011 resolution.

Sonicdahedgie

Smash Apprentice
Hahaha, I know. I have played with Sonic, and I have experienced why he's low tier. Plenty of damage dealing ability, great aerial, great recovery, but only one real killing move. However, I have a tendency to kill myself when I fight with enemies past the stage's edge, which is why I like sonic. I can't kill myself, even if I try.

But 2012 is a more likely date.

x9whitey9x

Smash Journeyman
To find somebody that I can play with that doesn't suck. That and get better at doing Lucas's advanced techniques.
I'm going to steal both of these, and add: to get to at least two in person tourneys.
I need to rep Lucas better.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I pretty much stopped playing Smash for the new years.

But if I had to pick one, it would be to stop sucking I guess. =/

Commander Blizzard

Smash Apprentice
I resolve to join a local tournament and actually try (My last one was during the day Brawl came out and I wasn't really trying).

I also resolve to play Brawl more, especially with me moving on to other stuff that I find to be more entertaining (I still play it from time to time).

Ange

Smash Lord
Get better at smash/Marth, and find someone to smash NON-ONLINE. |: I need serious IRL smash friends that can actually play smash..

Also enter a tournament, buuuuuuuuut that has a small chance from happening. P:

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Continue to develop and spread the message of Metamindgamespam WHICH I AM DOING AS WE SPEAK.

Or, more accurately, as I am typing this, and as you are reading it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
To play less Melee.

Oh, and to teach those ignorant of Sonic how he works, and to become more recognizable as a pure Sonic main.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I want to go to more Brawl tournaments, place well, and make a name for myself in Norcal. I'm still fairly unknown at AIB.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
My resolution is to go to more brawl tourneys and do decent enough to get fairly known around the competitive scene. Maybe even go to a national tourney or something too.

Illomatic

Smash Apprentice
go to a tournament and do some major damage at one
i havent gone to one yet, so i hope to go to one soon with my cousin

Top Bottom