• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
how much you guys win?

also sugerphil from lewisham how do you get there i will be able to come if you can tell me?
if you or anyone else dont know how to get to the venue, i will happily meet you at stratford tube station (as thats where my bus stops) and go with you for the rest of the way, just PM me your mobile number and get to the tube station for about 12:30

arent i a nice guy?

also AD, i hope you dont mind having them recorded, i want some matched of my ganon online, because its sexy XD

-Legit-

Smash Rookie
if you or anyone else dont know how to get to the venue, i will happily meet you at stratford tube station (as thats where my bus stops) and go with you for the rest of the way, just PM me your mobile number and get to the tube station for about 12:30

you mean lewisham or mounthlies lol confused a bit.

Heartstring

Smash Legend

you mean lewisham or mounthlies lol confused a bit.
i meant the monthlies, are you all sorted for that?
i got lost on my first time gonig to the tournament a year back, so yeah :L

Heartstring

Smash Legend
its been discussed up there, venue entry is a fiver (to cover hiring costs yknow) and then the brawl singles is 3 quid

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i see
well that sucks sadly, but you should tell him that its something you really want to go to, and tell him to go along himself if he wants to see what the people are like
its what i had to do originally, and now my mum helped my with hosting my own tournament

-Legit-

Smash Rookie
Yeah, dads hates me doing anything else then reading >.>
He found out it was a game thing and went nuts

i swear i see you on aib :p so they dont mind you playing at home but going to a tourn is bad on a weekend but still its understandable man parents can be like that.

SugarPhil

Smash Cadet
Yeah I try'd that but he said you want to go far just to play game? Whats wrong with you e.t.c
I told my mum I was going to go to it a couple days ago she was fine with it, but when it comes down to it, she just backs away and says she never.

@Legit :Yeahh I'am on aib, YungFlyPhil/truesweetboy T_T
They always hated me playing games, like I had to beg to go to the croydon thing 2 weeks ago, they let me, but now they are like its everytime e.t.c

-Legit-

Smash Rookie
Yeah I try'd that but he said you want to go far just to play game? Whats wrong with you e.t.c
I told my mum I was going to go to it a couple days ago she was fine with it, but when it comes down to it, she just backs away and says she never.

They always hated me playing games, like I had to beg to go to the croydon thing 2 weeks ago, they let me, but now they are like its everytime e.t.c

LOL yeaa i used to get that a lot but my parents dont really mind me playing just as long as i get good results then its all good and yea mums always say yep but if dad says no its a no loool/ u wana play some online later or now im bored...

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
dont you mean angerlies?
this is the term i now use for serious sets with no moneys on them
Too much lulz was had for them to be angerlies.

lool your dad sounds exactly like my mum, except that I'm like really really stubborn so my mum kind of gives up half the time.

I dunno some parents will just always be like that lol, how old are you btw?

SugarPhil

Smash Cadet
LOL yeaa i used to get that a lot but my parents dont really mind me playing just as long as i get good results then its all good and yea mums always say yep but if dad says no its a no loool/ u wana play some online later or now im bored...
My grades are good I suppose A's n B's
Ermm ill try play later, and for months now my internet sucks balls. Its horrible, I lag against guys in UK >>

@Joelteon : Ahh my dad is the most ignorant guy in the world. Can never win with him. I' am 15, year 10
But the thing is, I had freedom when I was in year 9 and the first half of year 10. When it got to February this year my dad started laying down millions of rules, but I promised myself this summer, I wont have it and just got out :/

Jolteon

I know exactly how you feel lol. :(

When I was 15 I used to go to tournaments way up North but I always told my Mum that I was around a friend's house, lmao (I think Prof still does this now), though she found out when I was 16 and had just finished my GCSEs, after that she was ok with me travelling.

SugarPhil

Smash Cadet
I know exactly how you feel lol. :(

When I was 15 I used to go to tournaments way up North but I always told my Mum that I was around a friend's house, lmao (I think Prof still does this now), though she found out when I was 16 and had just finished my GCSEs, after that she was ok with me travelling.
Ahh trust me :/ But dad don't care bout age, hes angry cause its a game. And he would be like what type of person goes to their friends house this early and comes back around 10/11?
It works on my mum, infact I tell her I' am going to a tourny a bit far ish, she says alright, but it's down to my dad >.>

Bullet Bill

Smash Master

If I were you I'd tell your Dad that it's what you want to do and so long as there's no danger involved in it (which there isn't) then it's not fair for him to decide what you do in your free time.

Jeez so many kid smashers lol

rustediron

Smash Lord
Neither Lewisham - Croydon nor Lewisham - Barkingside are that far lol
For the Croydon area you just need to get the 54, and for Barkingside you just need to take the DLR to Stratford and change (if I remember correctly). Croydon should be < 1 hour and Barkingside maybe 1h15? lol

Heartstring

Smash Legend
wow man, honestly get him to come down, ill do my best to be a good representative of the community XD
if all else fails, get a few of the peopel to come to yours to play occasionally, that way your dad then knows people gonig to these things!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Guys, do me a favour and harass B.Mack into handing my dr-ukr shirt over to calz.

I need it back, thx.
you should just come to the tournament yourself :B
fine, if i have to
also ive officially wasted myself in doubles for apex, as im going double ganon with a good friend of mine in canada, **** yeah XD

Jolteon

Is anyone bringing a recording set-up?

/e Also guys please bring set-ups just in case we don't have enough!

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
aye well played charles and good showing overall in cali.

Also impressive how you manage to hold up a career as a pro gamer and as vocalist for the bee gees :confused:

Jolteon

1/2. Fuzz/Prof
3. Jolteon
4. j3ly
5. Unreal
5. Deathgazer
7. Alpha Dash
7. Tamoo?

Shout-outs later when I get home lol.

Top Bottom