• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I like how you said 'which isn't valid' you may be forgetting this Mr pro but a john is never valid lol. Like Charles saying 'I'm too used to playing NTSC' he has been playing a lot of NTSC but it's still a john. Like if I said I havent played much smash recently- that is definately true but it's definately a john.
Of course some johns are more valid then others.
I lost three of my fingers so I can't hold the control properly is more valid then I sneezed during the match.
So yeah, johns can be ranked clearly in validness.

Stop trying to be right when your wrong and become good at this game after playing for 5/6 years

J03

Smash Master
haha Charles man losers dont get the spoils, anything you say is a john and honestly the excuses your making are mega crazy. as tuna would say

I DONT WANNA HEAR IT!!!

Pro: johns are johns, fair doos they are normally pretty valid but anything that aint a direct fact is a john, same goes for you VA. i don't mind obv its interesting to read usually i just gotta treat yall the same now boys ^_^

ftrecord

I went fox and lost - not a john

i lost because i went fox = a john.

---------------------------------------------

so lets have a look at some classic johns from this monthly xD

My johns are normal johns < john in life

He won luckily (was just adjusting to the fox)

to be frank, I dont even like the matchup

some disgusting camping, made me choke like a little girl.

im not johning tho, I said that pal thing at the start of the day cause its true, I haven't played pal in a month

we don't john like charles

I haven't played PAL in a long time

----------------------

hohoho wasnt that fun, tune in next time for more 'johning like a mother-****er' with Jo3

HOWEVER my believe lies with Mr Alpha Dash for this amazing heart warming comment =D

just determination mixed with hope, thats all I need!

go on son

i believe in ALPHA DASH!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

pro slaying charles like that after not playing and after charles travelling around the world proves me wrong in a way i never thought possible.

Pro: hear it is...

you were right

...i was not right...=P

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I think Charles losing was HIGHLY to do with how I played instead of how he played.

This was the first time I played and patiently EVER against him and the first time I was barely nervous and concentrated without the overthinking concentrating....and I won and still saw a RIDCULOUS amount of areas to improve on

I just need to play like that frame of mind more AND BETTER

ALSOOO lol....When did Alpha Dash say 'Just determination mixed with hope, that's all I need' loool???

J03

Smash Master
sounds like pro just went up a level, im scared for VA =D

cant wait to see you guys play, my moneys not on anyone.

VA won the last set

Pro just ***** charles who robby lost against

basically history counts for **** obv so itll be like they aint played before

EDIT: post 8541 AD's shoutout post

"Fuzzyness: thanks for holding the event once again, I come up against you EVERY SINGLE BRACKET all the time, Strangely our match was pretty close. I dont know whether you was sandbagging or what but soon enough I WILL be sending you to the losers bracket, No joke, just determination mixed with hope, thats all I need!"

COEY

Smash Lord
congratz prof. i'm also happy you realise the differences between friendlies and serious games these days. tho personally being number one atm is sort of asking to loose the next event. it's the pressure!

tamoo - also congratz, did not see that coming. tho it does go to show how the jiggs marth match up has eveolved in the last few years. from almost being considered unwinnable for jiggs, now its pretty even from what i've seen and other results have shown. keep it up.

charles - i didnt understand why you went from playing marth/falco/sheik to falcon in the first place now i think back. probably was the boredom as they can get quite dull sometimes and out of most of the characters their match ups are widely known by pretty much everyone. keep falcon tho, for match ups like peach.... and luigi :/

lastly all of you, dont let me come to gt3 and win... if luigi falls ima gonna camp you all like a ***** *** ****** :D

Retroking2000

Smash Master
shoutouts

im really bad at this game lol dunno why people say im good -_-

Tamoo : good stuff beating me man loved how you get your head cool and calm until i messed up at the waveland fair and you punished me really sick man .hope to play you again at smashgt3 your 4th best in UK im so glad the pressures of me lol

Bullet bill : good seeing you again shame you had to leave so earlier . also dont mind what j3ly said he was just being silly lol . loved the games we had we was both a bit hesitant in our tourney match but it was very enjoyable :)

Professor : man i hate to say but you got that fox 2012 metagame going on so gay your not scared of anything your shine work is way up there . i think you might be best fox in europe i dont see any of the top foxes do the stuff you do at all . congrats on winning singles man well deserved which made it more awesome is how kept the level of competition whilst still having fun smiling and joking safe to say it was your day. keep taking our money keep it up gay prick :)

VA : aww shame you didnt come man would have been good playing your peach again gl in esa4 / apex man

Joe : shame you didnt come aswell . but i cant hold it against you weird date for most people to go to hope to see you at smashhgt3

Unreal : l cancel man thats all you need to be able to do to get off in this game lol

j3ly : nice playing with you again keep at the falco just need to follow up on your hits more

deathgazer nice games we had man way to technical its amazing i would say just follow up more with falco like adam

King / PMs : good playing you i had fun hope to see you again soon

bishkin : your such a cool guy shame we didnt play longer ;(

jolteon : really gay sheik man haha you and prof are dangerous in doubles i really think you have won if he had enough time shame i didnt play matches with you individually

alpha Dash : always good to see you again shame i didnt play enough with you

Fuzzyness : you gotta man prof is on a new level of gay that day very entertaining matches you had wish you went falcon in gf but its all good man the pressure is on for smashgt3 ;p i play so **** in teams lol thats why half the time im teamless -_- sorry for that i could tell you was really trying and let you down half of the time but its cool monthly you did surely outdone yourself but i know smashgt3 is going to be good .wtf at police xD

more shoutouts later

VA

Smash Hero
sounds like pro just went up a level, im scared for VA =D

cant wait to see you guys play, my moneys not on anyone.

VA won the last set

Pro just ***** charles who robby lost against

basically history counts for **** obv so itll be like they aint played before
!"
Ditch this mindset, it is just wrong. It holds you back. It's kind of annoying to hear you talking like that. I beat prof who beat charles who beat adam who beat zgetto who beat amsah who beat armada who beat m2k = I > m2k. This is known as Iori logic and is patently false.

As this shows, whatever happens between other player does not affect my matches with them. Smash is very allowing for personal style. When you get to a high level this is basically what it's about. Prof is a very unique fox. He's made up a lot of the stuff he does. It comes down to how each player interacts with each other.

Prof is really really good at smash and the only player who I've noticed adapting to me in the UK. I started to adapt a little bit to his style last tournament but it takes me a lot longer than him. Anyway the point is, I am ALWAYS working on smash, even when I'm not. Whatever happens between now and when I next go to a UK tournament has no impact whatsoever on what will happen when I next attend.

Also Tamoo, a massive congratulations. That is a really big win. Looks like someone has challenged the top 4 finally! Triumph!

EDIT: Also well done alex for 2nd in doubles. Also I hear craig and someone else went to this, is this true? If so where did they place.

J03

Smash Master
Robby i was saying it aint relevant, you beat blah who beat blah dont matter i.e history counts for **** =P

plox re-read the post as were actually in agreement haha ^_^

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT USING CHARLES' LOGIC I AM NOW THE 4TH BEST IN UK FOR BEATING EDWIN IN DOUBLES!

lool ok but jokes aside, shout-outs:

Unreal - we should have played I've heard you've been improving a lot. :) Still good to see again.

Deathgazer - Same thing here.

Nathan - lool our matches were hilarious, including all my Marth up+b stage spikes, especially the last one where it was like up+b stage spike and then I managed to edgehog right away because of the wind on DL64. xD

Shaun - Your playstyle is really off-putting though obvious at times. You're also a really creative player lol.

Dujuan - I heard you did well vs Charles, wish I was there to see it but congrats on that. Also lool I feel sorry for you since your "traitor" ***** you so badly, but he is OOC after all.

Crabman - I'm not sure why but I always struggle to gimp you and you alone. O_O I think it's because you are one of the few in the community who don't actually fall for my camping (needless to say my choice of going to DL64 backfired :() so I just start mucking up a lot of stuff >_<. I gotta work out a new style for you! xD

Adam - lool I really enjoyed our matches, sometimes I didn't know what to do which made me realise that I should NOT underestimate Mario anymore and actually learn the **** match-up. Also thanks for the advice, Joe gave me the same advice before and it's still one of the things I haven't improved on which is really annoying. -.- I'll make sure to work on it before GT3!

Also I wanna say thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt in this tournament, it was cool of you and I appreciate it.

Bishkin - I have a feeling you weren't playing too well in our games, you kept SD'ing. xD Hopefully we get more matches in later.

Bullet Bill - We didn't get any games this time. :(

Hugo - Sorry for being all super ultra gay vs your Falcon and gimping the crap out of you >__>

Tamoo - Wow man I gotta say well done on beating Edwin. I don't know why you never play Jiggs vs me in friendlies though! I'm not bothered about playing gay match-ups in friendlies and I'd rather get the match-up experience. xD

Edwin - I have no idea why you always put yourself down. You were playing very good vs Prof and you were BY FAR the biggest threat to me in teams, I can confidently say that you took out 90% of the stocks I lost in doubles lol. I'm also really upset that we didn't get in some singles matches, we should next time!

Aaron - Thanks for teaming with me baby. :) I'm happy that I didn't get carried, our team synchronisation was actually good for it being our first time teaming and we were close with Edwin+Charles. I feel if we were to team later though we could work more on some stuff like saves @_@ . Also good job on putting Charles in his place it was raaape.

Charles - Your weak character confidence really showed this tournament. :s If you really can't stick with 1 character just play two. As far as chars to main/second go this is what I'd say:

Sheik: I'm actually gonna say no, you do decently with her but the way you play sheik is very very stupid, I can't see you going far with sheik at all unless that changes quickly.

Jiggs: maybe, but considering the reason you're considering quitting Falcon is because you got camped this kind of defeats the point...

Marth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mPfmgna5QU

Falcon: It's proven to be working so far! You're also very good vs Sheik.

Falco/Fox: You said yourself you don't really understand Falco's pressure game, but I think you're pretty good with both these chars and they don't get camped. Also Fox doesn't really have any bad matchups and you always seem to complain about them ._. I dunno, use your discretion.

Robby - Thanks. ^^

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I am also happy Jolteon how well we played in teams.

You may not know it but I actually picked you specific because I knew we would do good and I knew I wouldn't be carrying you lol....I just wanted to put it to work and see if I was right and I was.

The reason why I knew we would team good is because I know you have a good understanding of what to do in this game and I know you would be making decent decisions and be helping me and be aware and that we could **** despite our team being better.
And your sheik would be doing gay things and you beat Edwin in that little ONE ON ONE so you're offically fourth in the UK loool :bee:
Im happy my theory of us being good together was right and I enjoyed teaming with you also cos it was very fun...

UNDEFEATED IN ROCK PAPER SCISSORS THE ENTIRE DAY loool.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Robby i was saying it aint relevant, you beat blah who beat blah dont matter i.e history counts for **** =P

plox re-read the post as were actually in agreement haha ^_^
I do agree with what you said, I think that me beating Charles will make things a bit more interesting since if Charles beat me then things would just look normal...

Professor Pro beats Charles
Charles beats VA
VA beats Professor Pro

It just makes the next tournament EXTREMELY more interesting if we were alllll at one then I know loads of people would be watching since no-one really knows what's gonna happen.

I'm really hoping to go all out though, despite the way I played against Charles I see alot of flaws in my own gameplay and that's not even me being over-critical, I need to fix them up and become more consistent in some areas.

I really appreciate what you were said about my fox btw VA :) Thank you.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
lol yeah it was fun, and I was surprised to hear that's why you did it on the day since I thought you did it because we were friends lol.

Also Rock/Paper/Scissors was epic. :bee:

Also do you want your pad with the weird Z button back or is it ok if I keep it?

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
I beat prof who beat charles who beat adam who beat zgetto who beat amsah who beat armada who beat m2k = I > m2k.
Robby make this your sig or something haha

Also pro you are hilarious. and nice one beating Charles :confused:

Thing is though hes been all the way over in Canada so the climate change will have affected his playing dont forget that.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol yeah it was fun, and I was surprised to hear that's why you did it on the day since I thought you did it because we were friends lol.

Also Rock/Paper/Scissors was epic. :bee:

Also do you want your pad with the weird Z button back or is it ok if I keep it?
loool Of course I did it cos we were friends as well.
If I wasn't close with you and I felt we would team good I wouldn't have done it

But because you make me laugh and I knew it would be fun and I love you baby and I know we would team really good with each other, can you see why it was a win-win baby?

And nah you can keep the Pad and change the Z button and stuff lol.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
HOWEVER my believe lies with Mr Alpha Dash for this amazing heart warming comment =D

just determination mixed with hope, thats all I need!

go on son

i believe in ALPHA DASH!!!!!
:p you do know what this means though? J03 you can no longer counter pick falcon against me, I've got much more experience in the match up so I'll be interested to know who you're going to use against me the next time we play.

Craiigg did come, no idea where he placed though.

5th Bullet Bill
7th Alpha Dash
7th ????
you sure it was 7th? i thought i placed 9th? :urg:

VA

Smash Hero
Man I wish I could be at the next tournament, matches would be so tight.

ALSO can I just say, if you pick a character you have to believe they can win any match up. Otherwise you won't win those match ups. No MU is unwinnable, you have to work at it when they don't go your way. Fuzzy thinks hes good enough that the characters are letting him down, not the reverse. When I lose I never look to the characters, I've looked at what I can do better to win next time. Falcon can be so unforgiving against peach. I have to go home and work out how to beat it, not say oh well Peach vs Falcon is too hard I'll go sheik.

I misread the history has no meaning bit of your post joe. It does matter. But not in the way you were referring to xD

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Shoutouts -

Alpha Dash - nice teaming with you again man we ***** nicely, gotta play with you and OOC more though.

Prof - well done on your win bout time..... also you need more play on battlefield losing a game from that UP B against me lol :) Ima send you into losers early next time.

7 years - seriously **** link allow that guy having 2 of em is too annoying! flipping bomb arrows and bomerangs flying all over the place, was a the hardest match in teams by far except well you know prof and jolteon, but they don't count :) On a seperate note King are you sure we were playing a tournament match i mean, you were falco and i was marth? o.0 pissed for you losing though blame fuzzy :)

J3ly - screw your mario man, play someone i know how to face like falco or marth :) but seriously sorry for them poor games man i was like dazed or something lol ill be heading up to you and TESCO crew more often as soon as these exams are done.

Deathgazer - playing you gave me a head ache lol too many flashing lights and **** but ggs none the less.

Unreal - keep your nerve on that last stock man you were dominating me throughout most of those games as well but huge ****ing improvement since last time.

Bishkin - only had a few games but still pretty big improvement from last time so keep it up man

Crabman - you played like me last tournament haha nerves crippled you man, You were dominating me disgustingly in both matches until i did one shine =/ but no doubt you'll bounce back.

Tamoo - good **** on your placement, really dont like playing you in doubles, not enough room to run away from the edge lol need some more games haven't played that jiggs in a while.

Edwin - the way you play with marth actually disgusts me haha but i got a couple wins so im happy lol

Hugo - good few games we had, thinking about it i think your marth needs to be a little bit quicker on his feet lol

Bullet Bill - thanks for the lil bits of advise, shame we didnt get to play any single games after last tournament =/

PMS - Next time ill be alert and we can play properly, promise lol

Fuzzy - pick a main please. unlucky on coming second but good **** for running another good tournament man.

Anyone i forgot i apologize but good games too all. After these exams are done ill be on the hunt to go too as many smashfests as possible so i can try and increase my rate of improving. Hopefully the other promising players of my crew will also start to try and step it up more after these exams too.

j3ly

Smash Champion
Originally Posted by Professor Pro
Craiigg did come, no idea where he placed though.

5th Bullet Bill
7th Alpha Dash
7th ????

ben didnt come 5th.

pro
charles
tamoo
edwin
j3ly
deathgazer

as the top 6, notice how 2 of our member lie there. easy as hell tournament but we *****. so did pms

j3ly

Smash Champion
notice the 2nd last sentence of my comment you 5ft nothing little **** xD

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Results:

Teams:

1: it was ****
2: Jolteon + Prof
3: OOC
4: Tamoo + Crabby
5: Buying Bagels for Avalon
5: gay
7: seven years
7: ****

Singles:

1: Prof
2: Fuzzyness
3: Tamoo
4: Retroking
5: Bullet Bill
5: Tesconeite
7: Smakis
7: JJLinyard
9: Alpha Dash
9: Craigg
9: Tesco Monster
9: Tescosix
13: Frugs
13: Crabman
13: Bishkin
13: Dizard
17: Tescofour
17: Hype
17: Jolteon
17: Penguin
17: Tescojunior
17: PMS
17: Joker

tio file

http://www.2shared.com/file/EEoD6-PU/Bi-Monthly_Melee.html

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
notice the 2nd last sentence of my comment you 5ft nothing little **** xD
Your list is STILL wrong and your comment about top 6 becomes invalid.....
Also Alpha Dash placed even higher or the same as Deathgazer.

Edit - Thanks Charles loool I knew Deathgazer didn't get top 7
AND I knew Bullet Bill got 5th, since I saw him playing Edwin and then after Edwin played Tamoo.

i placed higher than deathgazer...... list is wrong.
- Love for Tesco Crew
+ Love for OOC

btw, wow at Tamoo beating edwin, impressive! Does he still play jiggs?
Yeah he did go Jiggs.
It's weird though, don't know how to describe how he won cos I only saw the last bit of the match BUTTTT from what Tamoo said he lost the first match, Tamoo counterpicked Dreamland and won, Edwin counterpicked YS and lost on LAST STOCK high %...

Edwin had him on the ropes on the last stock for longggg...like Tamoo was on the edge and didn't know how to get up from the edge cos obviously Edwin was swinging that gay sword and then he got back up....normal dash dance, faking, spamming aerial stuff and then Tamoo got a backwards NAIR and THE MOMENT edwin didn't tech it......F-SMASH.

Game done!!!

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
i think i only placed 9th because i had to play against J3ly and he knows how to play against me more than most people do cos hes probably the one i play against the most. looking at the list, i think i couldve beaten at least 4- 5 of the people placed the same or above me, but im not that bothered anyway lol.

had some great games and thanks for fuzzy for organising it.

smakis

Smash Ace
stop calling me random, it hurts =O

was awesome, well worth the 120 euro or so i spent on it <3

to pro, all you can do is sit back, relax and enjoy the ride to your death ;) (unless nana decides to be a ***** and grabattack 4 times before throwing, then you can wiggle out of it =P)

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
i think i only placed 9th because i had to play against J3ly and he knows how to play against me more than most people do cos hes probably the one i play against the most. looking at the list, i think i couldve beaten at least 4- 5 of the people placed the same or above me, but im not that bothered anyway lol.
Like who? anyonelse can easily said the same thing.
Imagine this... i could easily say if i purposly lost to pms just so i could anvance to face you in losers brackets knowing that I do well against falcos that could have potentially affect your placement.
ALSO REMEMBER prof did say i was purposly entered to face fuzzy just for the mere fact that i come up against him in every monthly/tournament. otherwise i could also say i would ahve placed higher.
wanna do something about it learn to beat j3ly its that real

stop calling me random, it hurts =O
lol thats because I'm (NOW) UK's original ICs

Top Bottom