• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Tourney was good I enjoyed it, I played crap however but no johns hey.

Everyone has improved and it's really great to see.

Thanks for the housing Tamoo to, was sooo sleeping during the round the world matches but had fun just annoying everyone :D

Legend-of-Mitsuki

Smash Cadet
Sorry I didn't keep up with the updates. As was likely noticed, the Cambridge crew and I disappeared just before bracket started.

As much as I know everyone wants to warm up to play their best, it is kind of disappointing that it takes so much persuasion to get some people to help set up the hall for the tournament. Please guys, the quicker things are set up, the quicker we can all get playing.

Other than that slight incident, I really enjoyed attending; thanks to everyone to, as usual being an awesome community.

I might appear briefly at the next melee event, but, because of a clash with another London event I already said to others I would attend, I won't be there the entire time. I'll keep practicing though, and hopefully there will be a noticeable improvement by April. ^_^

gm jack

Smash Lord
Shout outs.

MaSe - We play well against good teams, and kill each other against teams we could be beating. We need to sort that out.
Chrisboi - You're not too bad I guess.
Yeniths - was good to play you, though you did start throwing out desperate Usmashes a few times, which I punished a bit.
X1-12 - other than your game against me, you seemed to be playing really well. Again, you seem to have improved as much as me, but starting and finishing a bit ahead. Work on your consistency in a few basic areas (like on the ledge as pointed out before) and you could be really good.
Smashysmashy - you're not too bad. You comboed really well, but after that SD at the start of the first game, you just never managed to focus properly and a lack of experience really showed though. Just keep working on the basics and you could easily start catching up.
Skill - not too bad at all for how new you are. Just keep working on the basics. Tristan should be all you need, and when me and mitsuki are back when term finished, we'll help train you up as well.
Swizzy - good playing you again, and congrats on the placing. A few times I felt I had you under control, then I got grabbed, and bad things happened.
Prof - good to play you again. Definitely showed up areas I need to work on.
Edwin - see above, and thanks for the advice. Definitely need to work on my CC game across the board, though the examples you gave should really help.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Who was SD btw? Don't think I saw him but he was doing good in Pools, if he's new then good stuff to him.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Sorry to double post but I needed to (look forward to the infraction again Yeniths lol :))

But yeah, Project M is being released today......the demo, and I wanted to know who could retrieve it and how do they go about retrieving it, I asked on the Project Melee Youtube Page and the guy directed me to this thread http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260812 But even from there I don't really know where to go, but I saw on one of the last pages that some guy said he is going to get his SD Card prepared so im guessing it needs that SD Card Hack thingy which I will need advising on :)

Anyway my main question was can someone give me a mini tutorial on what to do or can someone get it done (obviously I would prefer someone getting it done in London so I can play it but still would like someone like Smakis or anyone who knows to help me :bee:) as I would like to test it out and want to try at a few intricate techniques which are in melee which I feel might not be transferred onto this game.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah, but is there anything I need to pre-preapre in terms of hacking my wii before I play it or anything like that which is what I also wanted to know.

I think I can get an SD Card in time, but now it's just down to whether I have to hack the wii since I remember Smakis saying something about it in the past I think :confused:
And i've heard about hacking the Wii before and it involving the Zelda game which I already have if that is something which is necessary.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
OK so I have an important question to ask, this isn't double posting BTW Yeniths I just have another question to askl which needs another post lol.

Is a Non-SDHC Card a Card which is called Non-SDHC, or a card which is just not a SDHC if that makes sense lol....because apparently I need a Non-SDHC Card and i've seen loads of things on the internet talking about Non-SDHC cards but nothing is labelled in the catalouge as that so I just wanted to get it confirmed on here before I buy something which isn't needed

And also is the size of the card relevant to storing data since I see a Transcend 2gb SD card which doesn't have anything in the description about it being SDHC.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
you could use any SD really for the wii but if its mostly 4gB its a sdhc it wont work

any SD thats 2gb will mostly likely work

but as for hacking wiis that easy like 10 mins and you have homebrew channel lol

Heartstring

Smash Legend
you could use any SD really for the wii but if its mostly 4gB its a sdhc it wont work

but as for hacking wiis that easy like 10 mins and you have homebrew channel lol
providing your wii actually wants to get hacked, that doesnt happen to the few, like my own XD

Professor Pro

Smash Legend

Yeah I got it and im gonna do it later today

wat! Offers :O

I don't know who to team with now lol

prof- get on msn
lol Why you always asking me specifically to come on msn through smashboards :confused:
But yeah i'll come on in a bit.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Finally getting round to posting.
Firstly good *** monthly even though it took so ****ing long, wish I could have got more games in.
Simply enough, this recording thing didn't work as well as the night before when I tested it :S so im'a sort it out for the next event :)
Also I apologize in advance I'm not too sure how jumpy the whole of these matches are but they seem to be kinda jumpy but im'a upload them any ways and get it sorted so I don't have the problem next time.

Shoutouts

Fuzzy: Good **** on winning again specially after the emotion you could see on your face after being ***** by va.

Prof: unlucky man although it seemed like you gave up straight away =/

Va: good games playing with ya man unlucky bout the tournament was hoping you would win to really mix it up at the top.

Deathgazer: you got hella ****ing good man, ***** me mercilessly :( think i needs to do a whole lot of stepping up seeing as the last time i played you we were even and now 3 stocked easily =/

J3ly: didnt get to play you but that falco looked oddly awsome need to get in some smashfests with you bro.

King: my man, unlucky bout the bracket draw but its all good.

Unreal: nice little friendlies we had definitely improved a lot since I last played you.

PMS: i think we must have had one of the gayest sets in the history of smash without the use of a jigglypuff or peach lol ggs man.

bishkin: improved quite a bit keep it up, and stop jumping backwards lol.

OOC: WHERE YOU AT?? SPECIALLY ALPHA DASH YOU WASTE, NO DOUBLES IS SOOO BORING!!

Soo yeah ggs to everyone I played hoping to hit more smashfests now that exams are done and get back to being well good.

I'll post up the link when the vids are all done but seriously they may be pretty jumpy so I apologize and hopefully get some better equipment and **** by next month.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Who was SD btw? Don't think I saw him but he was doing good in Pools, if he's new then good stuff to him.
Hes a member of my crew its only the 2nd tourney he's been too and like he doesnt have the game lol. SD = stepdad, you hate him and then he beats you.

smakis

Smash Ace
doesnt project m have that "load without hacked wii" thingy?

anyhow non shsd or whatever is just a normal sd, go for a 2gb one, if you check your firmware it would take like 5 min to get the files you need (unless you want the whole package, hacked melee, usbloader for wii games etc)

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
yo fuzzy I had a go at syncing up the commentary to the vids but it is impossible to sync due to the jumpyness of the vids at sometimes cause of the amount of frames dropped in recording =/

so options:
upload what I can with unsynced commentary. (although prof vs edwin isnt that bad in terms of quality and synced commentary)
upload without commentary (substitute in music?)
don't upload due to **** quality.

what you think?

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
well sure i dont mind uploading them with the commentary it just gets really unsynced through the video and well it annoys the **** outta me lol dunno how much it annoys other people lol

also you commentary consists of loads of 'ooohhhh' and 'ahhhs' and shouts of '****' lool

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
just upload anything dude, i dont think people are that fussed

even if the commentary is a bit out of sync

or just upload without commentary? if thats possible (but meh that sucks)

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Screw it ima just upload it with the commentary which goes out of sync and is push comes to shove people can mute it lol

Ima fix it for the next event cos it worked fine when I tested it the day before =/

vids will be up by tomorrow.

Top Bottom