• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

VA

Smash Hero
the trick imo is to do late nairs -> utilt iasa where most people would do a jump FF fair
lol at this, he ccs the first hit of nair and grabs you before the second.

you just stand next to him and duck he'll grab nearly every time. the games I played with sheik I managed an 8 hit dsamsh combo and maybe a 7 hit dtilt combo that came from ducking grabs.

j3ly

Smash Champion
hahah thats a good idea, i will deffo bring a pizza friday if this fest happens. would be really good to warm up properly pre monthly

va - how many hits does shieks nair have in ur copy of smash?

VA

Smash Hero
edit - oh, ive played him lol. inescapable grab -> walk off fair. cudnt u di it into the middle of the stage then DI the bair well and survive every time tho? but ur only 1 hit from death after that so trouble
you can do this but I'd rather try to escape early than eat the bair. if you DI forward you're actually dead from usmash. also you're likely to be on the edge after the bair and that's actually a really frustrating place to be against swizzy who will be camping you out with empty short hops waiting until you move so he can hit you with a bair.

lol at me posting all his tactics.

j3ly

Smash Champion
its ok we are too **** in teams it makes no difference if people know or not

dun kno ganon mario
me: shall i go falco?
mikey: do NOT go falco

still not been falco

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
hahah thats a good idea, i will deffo bring a pizza friday if this fest happens. would be really good to warm up properly pre monthly

va - how many hits does shieks nair have in ur copy of smash?
kl, and good luck with the avoiding temptation thing and I guess i'll see you this Friday lol....
Does this mean you prob won't be making today then?

j3ly

Smash Champion
nah i got alot of work to do tonight aswell, i had to do an all nighter last night to catch up now i need to sleep for 4 hours before starting more work :( i really wanna tho lol

j3ly

Smash Champion
uTILT dammit
and point taken lol dsmash/fsmash instead

oooh even dc-usmash lol

rustediron

Smash Lord
Speaking of swizzy, I had a dream the other day about swizzy being really into ska...
Confused the **** out of me when I woke up.

i myself dont give 1/2 a damn if youre drunk or not, however the venue states that no alcohol or drugs are allowed, so i cant really go against that
if you turn up drunk i cant do anything, same if you turn up high, but bringing the beer/weed to the event means youre outta there
that a good enough compromise for ya? XD
fair dos lol

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
play sheik against him, then say this.
This lol -_-

probably just plain better and not arguably lol, i didnt read the rest of what u said

edit - oh, ive played him lol. inescapable grab -> walk off fair. cudnt u di it into the middle of the stage then DI the bair well and survive every time tho? but ur only 1 hit from death after that so trouble

the trick imo is to do late nairs -> utilt iasa where most people would do a jump FF fair
utilt is honestly really risky, the reward is not worth the risk of getting grabbed halfway through (swizzy does this stuff a lot lol:<)

The thing I've had most success with when combating swizzy's shield is to wait at a safe range and either bait a shield grab (e.g. ff fair and duck) or punish his oos option, might be an easier way but ever since I've started doing this he grabs me way less, I'm more patient when cornering/KOing him and I still get good punishes.

btw gl with quitting, I know it's difficult to do.

VA

Smash Hero
yeah the scene sucks, I'm done. I like coming back for the odd post and switching up my icons for trololol.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL @ buying a Premium Membership for people to recognize you as what you want to be called and then claiming you have quit.

As long as I have fun at the events I go to then i'm not going to quit...and I have fun at the events I go to meaning im not going to quit even though there's huge difference in personalites throught the entire community, I still have fun when we meet up and play smash

And i'm not really too critical about things thus me not having much to get upset at the scene for and quit like some people....but I can't really say 'like some people' as no-one has quit and you're just in your temp moany/upset/salty mode even though from the mood im getting from you you're going to try and extend this mode a bit longer then the others so good luck with your extension...

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
And fair enough about the temptation thing, but maybe if you brought like a Pizza from Tesco which i'm gonna do or I buy one for you and you pay me back (it will be like £1.50 for the normal Tesco Sizes ones) when you feel stressed or tempted you could just eat lol....it might help I dunno.
Encouraging a smoker trying to quit to use food to suppress his abstinence, I approve sir :)

Jely: Enjoy your soon-to-follow obesity.

LOL well he's claiming he wants to quit smoking altogether, otherwise I don't think he would of talked it as he did if he was just looking to quit one for another lol.
See above sorta

yeah the scene sucks, I'm done. I like coming back for the odd post and switching up my icons for trololol.
EVERYONE FAILS AND I DON'T, I DESERVE BETTER THAN THIS, IF I'M NOT CONTENT WITH MY SURROUNDINGS I CAN'T BE CONTENT WITH MYSELF :(

trollface.jpg

PS. While I am indeed in a pretty pissy/trollish mood atm there's actually some sense/opinions in the responses that I'm trying to convey, so please try not to get aggravated at my blatant dissing!

Lots of love,

yours truly

j3ly

Smash Champion
Everyone fails and i don't, i deserve better than this, if i'm not content with my surroundings i can't be content with myself

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well good for you, and i commend you for quitting (even if you hate me and/or the attempt is short lived)
but this is the melee scene, you cant expect them to be sympathetic can you?

j3ly

Smash Champion
lol pum ur cmmin to mine nd we will head down together, you ***** last tournament remember?

j3ly

Smash Champion
yeh but u suck, u nd jolteon are the community campers so that doesn't count on a skill level. more of a temporary setback. the more u plank the worse you are on stage, remember that...

this cant happen again guys, last time was humiliation:
Setup list!!

Please, please take the time and make the effort to bring a setup! last monthly was kinda bs cos we didnt have enough, there should always be spare setups and no spare TV's!

List:

j3ly + unreal - 1 cube, 2 scart boxes

Retroking2000

Smash Master
you both were literally a couples hits from winning our set lol

ifyou find smash boring you probably play it too much

so dont cometo this one take a break and you will hyped for apirl oh wait i forgot they probably wont be one in april lol

j3ly

Smash Champion
ive not played smash since monthly really... went to gazers every day for the first week i think but i've stayed either at my house/college since then so im killing to play smash lol

lewis is just sayin that cos he spend a few days with his chick, and another few in forton heath playin exclusive cod so he forgot what it feels like to SHDL -> dair -> waveshine grab -> uthrow uair

ima be having some seeeerious smashfests in april.. got a free house for a whole month :) gnna have a few 3tv and 9 people smashfests if enough people are up for it. actually got 3 tv's now so that part is guaranteed and i can house a few ppl no problem. priority given to peoples who have housed me in the past but this is a discussion for a months time

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I can't bring mine my setup due to it actually working funny, and I would bring my Wii but I left my pillow at Yeniths house and I need enough room in my bag to put this pillow in....but I honestly hope that people still bring their setups.

ALSO the people coming to Alpha Dash smashfest 2moro look like

Professor Pro
Alpha Dash (obv)
Jolteon
J3ly
Fuzzyness
Last Dragon
Gantz
AC
so there's prob room for like 1 MAYBE 2 more people...like Bullet Bill or whoever asks.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Aaron: I don't even know/think George is coming to this tournament so feel free to bring that wii to the tournament :)

Pretty much def not coming to this I reckon, need to save money and it looks like a crappy turnout anyway :/
I can still house ppl coming from out of London if necessary though.

Zengar

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I'll be interested in attending this smashfest. I'm an american studying abroad in London, and uni's been getting in the way of melee for a while...need some smash in my life haha

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I can't bring mine my setup due to it actually working funny, and I would bring my Wii but I left my pillow at Yeniths house and I need enough room in my bag to put this pillow in....but I honestly hope that people still bring their setups.

ALSO the people coming to Alpha Dash smashfest 2moro look like

Professor Pro
Alpha Dash (obv)
Jolteon
J3ly
Fuzzyness
Last Dragon
Gantz
AC
so there's prob room for like 1 MAYBE 2 more people...like Bullet Bill or whoever asks.
tommorow! Why have I only heard about this now. When will it be until?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Oh that's awesome then lol, you're in a really good place if you want to play smash because you're a good distance away from the south london smashers and from fuzzyness.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Aaron I can't make this sorry, short on cash and got a lot of things coming up, I'll 100% be at the next however...

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
thats not too far from me lol, just get a train from there to stratford then its 7 stops on the central line haha

in fact tomorrow we're gonna be in central me + smakis, do you have a gamecube + smash at yours in southwark?

@ Zengar

Top Bottom