• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
@smakis - da c00lest & bestest playas.

@zengar - should just come monthly and meet prob the majority of players in landan.

@tamoo - you know if anyone bringing your laptop yet?

@fuzzy - be ready to get jv 4 stocked again lol.

j3ly

Smash Champion
travel + dubs is gnna **** me and i might not even be able to enter dubs. maybe not even travel. probably not dujuans either.

i gotta come to the tournament tho i need my TV back badly

Retroking2000

Smash Master
chris / frost are pretty much confirmed so abit more competition there

i will convince one of them to bring a setup or maybe 2 ill try lol

i might go but probably wont the way things are looking

i have a tv fuzz reply lol

do you want it ?

i think this should be all melee

no one from brawl is hardly going tbh

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I "might" be going to alpha dash's, if I do I'm bringing smakis
THis is gonna be a lot of people.....I hope we can make enough room but I think that's it for now....unless Bullet Bill asks too come cos it's quite a lot of people so far....luckily we have recording equipment plus commentary for hype sets and since there's so much we can do a mini-fun tournament for the lulz :D

I might host a fest, for quit smashers only, which is me.
Obv attention seeking is obv, see you at some event where you will go your apparent new mains, get *****, then go back to peach in the long run.

Hey guys, I'll be interested in attending this smashfest. I'm an american studying abroad in London, and uni's been getting in the way of melee for a while...need some smash in my life haha
LOL Well this (meaning the thread) is for a Monthly which should definitely be looking to make as it's in a big venue with multiple TV's while the smashfest 2moro is just at someone's house.

But yeah i'll PM you directions and numbers.

And you told me before the apparently J3ly said that if you went to a UK event you would guarantee get Top 5 lol.....so I kinda want to see what you're like :D

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
DON'T BE GAY YENITHS AND DELETE THIS AS I WANT IT SEPERATE

DIRECTIONS TO DUJUAN'S

From London Victoria or London Bridge get a Fast Train to EAST CROYDON then from there get a train like 3 stops to Reedham

At Reedham walk outside of the station and turn LEFT outside of it and keep on walking straight for only like 1/2 mins until you see a block of flats on the left hand side, he lives at 76 so just Buzz that one and ask for Dujuan.

j3ly

Smash Champion
that only really applied when chrisboi/frostbyte wern't playin and edwin rarely showed.. also deathgazer and unreal would **** him, fox is now PMS's best matchup and i'd destroy him, not to mention smakis and i cant think of any one else. zengar is very inexperienced in terms of tournament matches, but has really really good grounding

oo pools not past 2nd round brackets tho. gnna get seeded well, and get ***** terribly for it imo

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Its midday until at night, you could sleep around Dujuans house since you obviously are from outside of London....so you could come later at sleep around meaning you would be able to play for awhile and then just go to the tournament the next day.

It should start around 12pmish but im not gonna get there until like 6/7pm but others will be there.

I'm going around my GF's house so I will not be able to answer any questions until I get home obv, but if it's really important then txt me.

j3ly

Smash Champion
SUPPORTING THE COMMUNITY

other people should try it.. by Bringing setups!!

we have2 confirmed setups atm

sort it out - who can bring one? this is getting extreamly serious!!

Tamoo

Smash Master
JJL: Doesn't seem like I'm housing anyone, and I'm busy on Sunday so it looks like housing may be hard to do now anyway :/

Also i'll point out that it seems that so few people from melee are going to this that it's nonsensical to ditch brawl when I can guarantee not all setups will be taken for melee. Brawl will help get a couple more entry fees for Charles to pay for his photoshoots (why do ppl keep sending me free photoshoots? You're not the first charles rofl) and help break evenish.

Harlex

Smash Cadet
Does anybody know how many people who are looking to play brawl are actually going tomorrow? I'm considering coming especially if theres only a few people so it can be padded out :p

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL Im pretty sure there will be a few people for brawl, but brawlers dont post as much as the melee players but they always just turn up anyway...

So yeah therte will prob be a decent amount of brawlers.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Harlex - Posts Per Day: 0.04
Professor Pro - Posts Per Day: 6.37

Time to step it up :D

But yeah, there should be a decent amount of brawlers there and if you can (not something you need to do) bring your wii plus brawl.

Harlex

Smash Cadet
Wow when you put it like that maybe i should :)
I hope so, everyone who was supposed to go to CRZ's cancelled tournament got a message about this one as well, so hopefully people actually read it. And thanks for the reminder i usually try to bring mind so long as i dont forget :p

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Becos i loves the community and wantz it 2 love me bak ima bring my recording equipment and hope it works this time, ive tested it at home and its been perfect so should be ite.

and hopefully 2 set ups :)

just someone else bring a spare melee disc cos like i only have one PAL and you know tournament games with like NTSC floating around might be awkward......

WaagOne

Smash Cadet
Just wanna let Tesco know I got a last miniute job interview 2mrw at some **** sauce place in central Lundun, so I wont be able to attend 2mrw... :(

(I have to suit up an everything)

Could someone **** with Samus for me to represent all the Samus mains in the UK for me.

PLZ and TY

Have fun *****es :)

Top Bottom