• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
interesting, its just odd for me cause I play against people like Ice, Amsah and Adam so I expected him to place lower. Sorry to him :D

Good stuff on his side anyway, im sure he's gonna get better too =) He's stuck in that zone outside of the top players though still cause they just poop on him like any other UK player =x sure it's the same there with your top 3. He just needs to sort out his choices + punishes really cause I'm sure he understands the game if he's beating everyone else here

Heartstring

Smash Legend
is that north carolina?
i need to move there, i notice one brawler in particular who is placing higher than i would think he would place here
this means i might not fail miserably out there XD

rustediron

Smash Lord
doesnt it suck being represented by the three guys who've been on top for ages? Look at california where they have a load of great players
Good stuff on his side anyway, im sure he's gonna get better too =) He's stuck in that zone outside of the top players though still cause they just poop on him like any other UK player =x sure it's the same there with your top 3.
Alex, 'sup

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
alex is a lot closer than most other people who dont understand, he knows what he has to do to get there

he plays against them a lot more than everyone else too. Remember how garbage he was when he mained marth and falco?

Alex can give me a lot more problems than j3ly for example..last time I played j3ly he was rather free with fox lol

gm jack

Smash Lord
The speed at which the top 2 play can just overwhelm most people. Prof in particular, though that may just be a fox thing. Alex is really used to dealing with that speed of play, and will eventually get to that himself in time.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I duno dude my falcon was too fast for crystal too lol, I was pretty sure of that XD

if you really let me play like that I'll abuse it. A good player will not allow for this to happen, making the other person take more time with educated guesses/reactions

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
lmao you know its true alex

and crystal dw about it, just keep playing cause i hear you have good days too =)

when you were playing against my marth you did something that I would've done and probably amsah too letting my marth do nothing..then the rest of the match was just like any other sheik :/ so just keep playing and try do that kinda stuff all the time

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOOOOL...

I could never really see me saying those words and if I did say it (in a serious tone) I would like im being a dick lol but we all know what Charles is like and his perception and meaning in saying it is obviously different

FanDemZ

Smash Apprentice
Really enjoyed the monthly, thanks to everyone that played me.

13: Famdenz
13: J03
13: Alpha Dash
13: Crabman
I make it out of pools for the first time and win a match in brackets and you can't even spell my name right on the results post... pfff... this is just blatant psychological warfare by Jolteon to try and keep me from ever placing higher than 13th an threatening his placing. I'm on to you matey.....

Seriously though, the fact that I was the same placing as Alpha Dash is a joke if you look at how our pool match went. I obviously had no idea what to do against those damn IC's (0 experience in he matchup).

I was SO tired by the end due to turning up hungover and not really eating anything all day, so sorry for not saying goodbye to everyone I saw/played

Jolteon - I feel like i'm learning a lot playing you as you seem to test most areas of my game. You mentioned I have got better which is a surprise as I have played only a few times since the last monthly. But I remember playing you about a year ago and I feel that, above all else, I notice that you are extremely consistent now and I found it very hard to find any gaps in your game. I do seem to rely a lot on people making mistakes like with their spacing, you did not, making it hard for me :glare: But really gg's man, and hope to play you soon.

Alpha Dash - Like I said, very confusing matchup for me but you said I was doing the right thing when you were off the edge so I didn't completely mess it up I don't think (even if the score suggests otherwise lol). I think you were a bit unlucky with your placing but you probs know that. Hopefully play you again at a fest in the near future...

POW - Yea.......... ummm i apologise for timing you out. As you well know I was trying to get in your face the whole game but samus jiggs matchup is always gonna be a bit of a long one. I enjoyed it though, and I think the people standing behind us did too! Who was that behind us by the way?? All I remember is hearing Fuzzy going 'TIME HIM OUT FANDEMZ!!' and I looked at the timer and there was like 40 seconds left. Thats deffo a first for me. Nice samus tho bro, hopefully see you again.

Bullet Bill - Nice games, I think you were quite comfortable throughout and thanks for the tips after. I found that you spaced well and never landed around my shield making it very hard to apply any damage at all to you, let alone get a combo going.

Bishkin - I placed higher than you

AC - Nice friendlies, I can see why you beat some decent people... you are very decent! Crazy but cool style and hard to read. I'll come find you at the next event for sure.

JO3 - Nice meeting you, Bishkin said he's been up north to play you and that you are a top bloke, I would agree with him! Hopefully I shall get to play you next time.

Overall, nice tourney and big thanks to the organisers and the work you put in. I am one happy customer.

(yea i'm bored at work)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I didn't spell it wrong, Charles did while signing you up, I just pasted the bracket results.

btw while I'm at it does anyone want to MM next time?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
it is annoying how the improvement isn't as good as it needs to be. I still feel like I've improved but performed pretty poorly in the tournament. I'm surprised I even placed where I did.

I'm getting a lot more active though and will def be looking to get better as always

j3ly

Smash Champion
inb4 fuzzyness' epic social skills

tam tam i have returned home to a screen of Chinese chess and a broken mouse... extreamly salty

rustediron

Smash Lord
it is annoying how the improvement isn't as good as it needs to be. I still feel like I've improved but performed pretty poorly in the tournament. I'm surprised I even placed where I did.

I'm getting a lot more active though and will def be looking to get better as always
I heard you beat j3ly, good stuff

SolCalibre

One of UK's Best Sonics, apparently.
NNID
Solcalibur64
hes lying, im calling it at about 25 today, maybe even 30, jesus christ me might even need pools XD
Yeah I figured as much.
1st. Anaky :marth:
2nd. J.Miller :metaknight: (im not impressed)
3rd. Pafos :olimar:
4th. Cloud :fox: :metaknight:
5th. Kmac :diddy:
5th. Slurps :popo: :dedede:
7th. Ixis :bowser:
7th Luigimitsu :wario:
9th. Monkey Kong :wario:
9th. G.P :rob: :ike:
9th. Hoe4U :pikachu2:
9th. Solo :toonlink: :sheik:

23rd flaker Marcbri (getting people hype for no reason)
Good shiz Solo and Luigimitsu for there placing since they are two people from the Croydon Tournaments and coming here and actually placing...and I know that this was actually Solo's 1st time coming.
Nice. But those were some tough matches, I definitely need to play more.

/late.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah you were pretty good solo. id suggest you stick to your toon link, he was superior to all of your other characters. just make sure to use more bombs, more z-air and try and use nair a bit more
also try to avoid attempting a b-air string when someone is shielding. youll get hurt for it

SolCalibre

One of UK's Best Sonics, apparently.
NNID
Solcalibur64
yeah you were pretty good solo. id suggest you stick to your toon link, he was superior to all of your other characters. just make sure to use more bombs, more z-air and try and use nair a bit more
also try to avoid attempting a b-air string when someone is shielding. youll get hurt for it
Yeah, I tried to go with Shiek but it didn't work out. And thanks for the advice.

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
It was a fun monthly, but also my first time playing with people who use grab techniques, I will try to improve for the next monthly. I want to watch some of the matches, it would be good if someone uploaded them (video or sd file) I will try to practice melee too at some point.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
It was a fun monthly, but also my first time playing with people who use grab techniques, I will try to improve for the next monthly. I want to watch some of the matches, it would be good if someone uploaded them (video or sd file) I will try to practice melee too at some point.
i also owe you a salty runback when im not playing like a ****** XD

Top Bottom