• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
PH3, BZ2, a brighton tournament (everyone book!) or even a Manchester tournament (;)) would be awesome. Too many GTs recently and nothing else.

Jolteon

People do at European tournaments as well.

I actually really want to go to Apex, I just can't. :(

Jolteon

2 reasons:

1. Dangerously close to exams and I could have a clash.
2. Not enough money. :(

Calzorz

Smash Lord
my advice to people who are going to apex , dont go unless ur ****** u.k and getting top 5 in europe events (apex wont suddenly make u better and ****** europe) just keep training and spend 1/3 of the amount to go to a europe tourny to improve , but im not going to apex cos i need to get back into brawl 1st

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
If I was a tournament organiser in the US, I would allow entrants to use metaknight. Who the hell are these people anyway and why are what kind of authority are they supposed to have?

Tamoo

Smash Master
They're a committee of all the major tournament organisers in the US, so their authority is that they run the tournaments that this will actually be affecting, so have a huge say in what the rules are etc.

Still a terrible decision.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Speaking as a brawl player who has played it competetive for 3 year's, Metaknight should definatly be banned. I could explain why but no1 in here will be interested, or at least shouldnt be.

But the people that make these decisions CAN BE extremly dumb, on the other hand they can make some good decisions, besides we dont have to use that ruleset, infact Europe use a different ruleset anyway.

Jolteon

Andy it doesn't really matter whether MK should be banned or not (even though I think he shouldn't be banned, I don't play Brawl enough for my opinion to be valid), if you look at the reasons as to why MK is banned it's just pathetic, scrubby reasoning that will make any half-respectable FG community think of the American Brawl scene as an even more of a joke. I can think of better reasons as to why MK would warrant a ban and I don't even play the damn game.

The URC is terrible, I'm so glad they have NO influence whatsoever over Melee, they basically force any American TO who wants to be successful to run their ruleset whilst giving this bull**** that you "don't have to run their rules". Weren't these the same guys who were attempting to ban m2k for "unsportsmanship"? (Even though a lot of the smash community fall under that degree). Not to mention that the URC is comprised of TOs, which doesn't necessitate that they have enough game knowledge to make these decisions. The fact that 14 TOs can make a ground breaking change like that (despite 4 failed attempts in the past) is extremely dangerous for a competitive community.

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
although there will be some downsides, such as maybe ddd being more popular. and tbh i think any 100% guaranteed combos at any % which require no skill is just lame may aswell just turn "press a" into lose 1 stock button. i tend to agree that if 1 charachter is ridiculously broken then sure just make them illegal. its just a shame for people who played meta cos they think hes cool, and not just cos hes god tier

J03

Smash Master
I character is banned when they have a considerable advantage over the entire cast, should as 'boss' chars in SF how have higher health, attack and defense.

In the Smash series its more about manoeuvrability, priority, range, move-strength, kill-ability, and anti-kill-ability.

If MK has a considerable advantage in ALL of these area then yes he should be banned, but i dont play brawl and i dont know.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Well for starters i do not care what they have to say, i will never follow what they say unless i think its alright myself. Whatever reasons they have said for Metaknight being banned i couldn't care for, i have my own reasonings and the only person i can rely on for making Brawl a fair game is myself, my opinion's (or facts to me) on Metaknight make it and definate ban for him.

UK, or even EU have a different ruleset to the US, that is only for US and Cananda, its just that most people are going to follow it, i myself will follow and go through with the ban. I have always thought MK should be banned, but i have never had the power to do such a thing, but this changes things.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
In the Smash series its more about manoeuvrability, priority, range, move-strength, kill-ability, and anti-kill-ability.
Metakinight has either the best or close to the best of all these. There is also more factors.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Well for starters i do not care what they have to say, i will never follow what they say unless i think its alright myself. Whatever reasons they have said for Metaknight being banned i couldn't care for, i have my own reasonings and the only person i can rely on for making Brawl a fair game is myself, my opinion's (or facts to me) on Metaknight make it and definate ban for him.

UK, or even EU have a different ruleset to the US, that is only for US and Cananda, its just that most people are going to follow it, i myself will follow and go through with the ban. I have always thought MK should be banned, but i have never had the power to do such a thing, but this changes things.
i agree here. mk is ban worthy because of the fact that hes just got everything except a projectile, which he doesnt need as nado goes through 90% of projectiles anyway.
i think its in our best interests to follow suit. but only after the cut-off date for apex, those of us who are going will need all the mk practise we can get! after that, send his sorry *** to the shadow realm

Heartstring

Smash Legend
That sounds like some bum-hole follow fashion flex.
its more like 'i agree with the reasons for banning him, but i simply cant be arsed to post them'
also, PM m2k will you? if youre interested in apex he may well pay for a section of your flight on his buddy pass

SirKyoshi

Smash Journeyman
i love how my comment was ignored when i said i was going to do something in feb QQ

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
I think the top10 brawlers atm should make a decision on the mk ban as a group, not just charles andy and gp. Most of the people moaning about mk lose to scrubby mks like mine. Stop whining, stfu, and get better. losers.

:phone:

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
although there will be some downsides, such as maybe ddd being more popular. and tbh i think any 100% guaranteed combos at any % which require no skill is just lame may aswell just turn "press a" into lose 1 stock button. i tend to agree that if 1 charachter is ridiculously broken then sure just make them illegal. its just a shame for people who played meta cos they think hes cool, and not just cos hes god tier
I think metaknight takes a LOT more skill than just 'press a'. Metaknight has been used a lot in tournaments but has also been beaten a lot in tournaments, in fact brawl players that are as good as M2K have been beaten with this apparently ban worthy character. If he was that broken (and he'd need to be to be banned) then this wouldn't happen at all.

I'm gonna enter brawl with metaknight at the next monthly and have 'Legal' as my tag

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i love how my comment was ignored when i said i was going to do something in feb QQ
dont think i saw it lol, sorry man. what did you have in mind anyhow?

I think the top10 brawlers atm should make a decision on the mk ban as a group, not just charles andy and gp. Most of the people moaning about mk lose to scrubby mks like mine. Stop whining, stfu, and get better. losers.

:phone:

uk doesnt have a commitee if you didnt notice. we just have tournament hosts. and the host decides what they feel is right, andy and charles essentialyl co-run the brawl side of the london monthlies, ill be doing a blastzone 2 next easter (think ill make it a yearly thing) and you host the leichester events. if you want him legal at yours then go for it. but i know me andy and charles think he should be banned

I think metaknight takes a LOT more skill than just 'press a'. Metaknight has been used a lot in tournaments but has also been beaten a lot in tournaments, in fact brawl players that are as good as M2K have been beaten with this apparently ban worthy character. If he was that broken (and he'd need to be to be banned) then this wouldn't happen at all.

I'm gonna enter brawl with metaknight at the next monthly and have 'Legal' as my tag
you make valid points. but he's banned because he has no bad matchups. and the metagame was essentially being styled around 'who only gets ***** minorly by MK?'
think sf2 sagat. its a simialr scenario, and he got banned in that.

Jolteon

I don't think Charles should have any say over it, he doesn't even play the game and puts no effort into hosting it. That's the same reason why I'm not giving my input on whether the uk should ban him or not @_@

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I don't think Charles should have any say over it, he doesn't even play the game and puts no effort into hosting it. That's the same reason why I'm not giving my input on whether the uk should ban him or not @_@
well regardless, who does the brawl side of the monthlies?
andy, who also feels it should be banned, so charles thoughts on the matter dont affect anything
but anyway, my brother was raging because he uses MK. now hes lernin pit XD

Jolteon

MK is in Melee, he was just banned. Then this URC decided to copy our ruleset and ban MK.

Top Bottom