• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
fine, if andy wants to talk about it we can do it on smashuk, but he's not banned.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
No there's no flaming. In all honesty its completly up to Charles whether he bans him or not. But i would have thought he'd want the community to decide on it, also he said "we shud just go along with it". If he says that he isnt banned there isnt anything we can do about it, otherwise we decide.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i think that we should keep mk legal untill apex goes by and review it then. for people who are going to apex will be losing out big time by having him banend beforehand

yes my reason is 100% selfish

L-J

Smash Ace
i think that we should keep mk legal untill apex goes by and review it then. for people who are going to apex will be losing out big time by having him banend beforehand

yes my reason is 100% selfish
I don't play brawl but I actually agree with this - if you're gonna follow the americans you should at least wait until after apex like they are to ban MK.

Dear lord, i just posted entirely about brawl. I must atone. LONG LIVE MELEEEEEE!!!

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
lol you think those are my reasons? I don't want to list all the reasons because its everywhere on smashboards

he's gonna be banned sooner or later

just because theres no good metaknight in the UK doesn't mean he shouldnt be banned -_-

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Yeah no1 needs to go over all the reasons why he shud be legal/banned OVER AND OVER AGAIN. All that we need now is a confirmed decision of whether hes gonna be banned or legal at the monthlies.

cong

Smash Journeyman
If your going to ban wait till after apex, give the people going to apex some more potential mk exp(even if its really a little ^^).

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I agree, let's ban Metaknight despite there being no Metaknights in our community peronsally affecting it and discourage new people who want to join the scene to come along because they can't even play who they main

What a great idea.

Ban something which isn't affecting us but do it because others are.....such a community boosting move :)

And best of all, leave it to Charles since he is coming from an incredible neutral position.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Sorry Prof but i think the melee community are kinda dumb. Back in the day when there was flame wars over Melee and Brawl, one of the main flames that Melee players gave Brawl players was saying that: "Ur game ****ing sucks because its just dominated by one character". I don't get it, why would you suddenly change your mind? I can think of a few people in particular that said this but im not mentioning anyone.

Anyway whatever goes i cba with Smash anymore, it gets boring very easily these days for me, simply because CoD has a much better online and is also more interesting to me, i dont think im gonna attend anymore of these.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Sorry Prof but i think the melee community are kinda dumb. Back in the day when there was flame wars over Melee and Brawl, one of the main flames that Melee players gave Brawl players was saying that: "Ur game ****ing sucks because its just dominated by one character". I don't get it, why would you suddenly change your mind? I can think of a few people in particular that said this but im not mentioning anyone.

Anyway whatever goes i cba with Smash anymore, it gets boring very easily these days for me, simply because CoD has a much better online and is also more interesting to me, i dont think im gonna attend anymore of these.
Soz but this does not apply to me or the majority of melee players...People never really said 'Brawl sucks because it is dominated by one character'....it usually got insulted for the actual gameplay, because even if it was dominated by one character and the game itself was amazing I would like it and so would loads of others, but it's garbage for the physics of the gameplay

And I never did say it's sh*t because of Metaknight when I rarely brought up the characters, on the rare occasion I would say the top tiers dominate HARDCORE, but never it's sh*t because of metaknight.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
I guarantee you i can think of 3 melee players that still play said that its stupid because its dominated by 1 character, and this was in a serious flaming conversation sometime back, ive never heard you say it.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Just certain individuals i can call stupid, but i wont unless needed to, btw go to sleep u noob, and i got DC earlier soz.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL Travelling to play the 2nd best in the UK.
He should be tryna play the best which is me obv obv.

Winning the last 4 tournaments in a row for the ****. (Except for the 2nd to last one which we split)

I want to go to that tournament but need someone to book for me, im guessing you're gonna be there since it would just be silly if you weren't...I will speak to Jolteon about it later.

VA

Smash Hero
LOL Travelling to play the 2nd best in the UK.
He should be tryna play the best which is me obv obv.

Winning the last 4 tournaments in a row for the ****. (Except for the 2nd to last one which we split)

I want to go to that tournament but need someone to book for me, im guessing you're gonna be there since it would just be silly if you weren't...I will speak to Jolteon about it later.
I'm going and will be entering.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
No he means my MK placing 1st back in September. But that doesnt rly matter.

If me and Calz just started playing Metaknight, and Keith as well UK would definatly be dominated by Metaknight. And also if MK was to somehow start dominating in the UK then a time could possibly come where people could argue for a ban, and all that time we wasted practicing the MK matchup we could have been learning other matchups.

Jolteon

You can't prove that. If that happens, then it's a valid argument (even though you guys dominate the UK without playing MK), but we can't ban things from speculation.

rustediron

Smash Lord
You can't prove that. If that happens, then it's a valid argument (even though you guys dominate the UK without playing MK), but we can't ban things from speculation.
Well all he's saying is, can we make a decision quickly and then stick by it, because I cba to learn Metaknight just to have him banned in the future, which is fair enough

But he's not really giving any reasons as to why we should cater to his personal convenience, so meh

Jolteon

That's assuming that he will be banned in the future, if we could be certain of that, then I would agree.

Agreed on your second point.

J03

Smash Master
No he means my MK placing 1st back in September. But that doesnt rly matter.

If me and Calz just started playing Metaknight, and Keith as well UK would definatly be dominated by Metaknight.
LOL

if Charles, Pro and VA all started playing Roy then the UK would be dominated by Roy

i know what your saying though. BUT if you switched to MK against every player would you AUTOMATICALLY do better against everyone? I think this is necessary to ban a character

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
I think u shud troll to yourself's more. Anyway im not gonna try to reason with you guys cuz you don't understand brawl at a high level, only bottom level.

Top Bottom