• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I think thats enough argueing perhapps. We all know that Anaky's in favor of the ban and a bunch of melee players aren't. Lets just leave it for the next monthly

rustediron

Smash Lord
I feel the only really relevant question that needs to be asked is: which is more fun, Brawl without Metaknight, or Brawl with Metaknight?

Sure, there are issues like balance, single char dominance, etc. but those are issues that sway the decision for you, personally, on which set of rules is more fun.

I mean, that's why we play 4 stock 8 minutes on the stages we do, right? We, as a communtiy, have decided that these rules were the most enjoyable (and practical) to go with for tournaments.

The only difference between the examples is that even if only a minority wanted to keep games at 4 stocks rather than 3, so we changed the rules to accommodate that, the 4stock people would probably not be all that fussed. It's like having a labour government or having a tory government; you'd rather one, but you're not going to leave the country just because you didn't get your way.

With the meta issue, however, it's more like the choice between having a BNP government or a LibDem government; not only might you seriously consider leaving the country, it might even be the case that the country is no longer willing to even make it at all practical for you to stay (metaknight mains gtfo).

tl;dr: at the next monthly, ask your players what they want, and then go from there

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Results in Fuzzy LaLa Land where results magically form themselves to support whatever arguement he wants it to
i laughed hard, regardless of if this is true or not

Because that's highly relevant with the argument presented for MK's ban.
i gave my reasons to you yesterday. not sure if you actually listened though because shortly after you put me wanting him banned all down to the characters i use </3

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Anyone around for a smashfest this week/weekend?? West london, all day free, maybe be allowed to stay round..... although prob limited number of people cos my room is big but filled up lol

KI7

Smash Rookie
Kl kl, well anyone else who is interested let me know and we'll work out preferred dates and times etc... :)
Where exactly do you live?
Interested, if there will be some cool guys... I just need some Melee. =/

@Professor Pro: Every week I read a few pages in this thread and I always love your posts.

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
north west london, harrow, closest tube stop is rayners lane bro
I could get there in like half an hour but I'm a Brawl player... I'm interested in Melee but I rarely play it anymore and I'm not exactly pro, I could go if the players aren't too difficult, but I might have plans.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
When's the next big tourney? I want to go to 1 tourney while im here (till the end of december) but I really want the top 3 in the uk to be there. Keep MK legal btw, beating pockets MK is always fun.

The 3rd best smasher in spain doesn't main Peach. Im actually pretty sure that K-12 doesnt even play Peach. Care to share his name? That guy's prolly not telling the truth.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Not sure i think its december?

I booked specifically because you said you was going and i wanted to deliver the business, otherwise i wouldnt have booked, then you ended up FLAKING ANYWAY.

Im not going to the next one bcuz i need to hand too many of these out, and i simply can't afford it.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Not sure i think its december?

I booked specifically because you said you was going and i wanted to deliver the business, otherwise i wouldnt have booked, then you ended up FLAKING ANYWAY.

Im not going to the next one bcuz i need to hand too many of these out, and i simply can't afford it.
I already said that something came up lol.

December 3rd I should be able to go btw.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
everyone knows this already lol, if you want monthlies do it yourself beacuse its effort and people arent gonna attend lol

it's gonna be like this till we get a venue deal, then we'll be running this regularly beside other games

I have a life, I have work and things to attend so I cant do this all the time at the moment. This is why GP needs to host a blastzone again or such

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Okay I will attend this 100% only if MK is NOT BANNED

My MK in particular is pretty ****, but if you scrubs can't beat him and moan about banning him then just man up and get better.

No flakes this time LC will come out in full force dun kno

and I want my revenge on Marcbri, you owned me 2 years ago, now it's time to get destroyed son

- Willz

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Yeah Cloud chill, I thought it was every 2 month anyway.

I almost definatly won't be coming cuz i cant be arsed lol.

Yo JJ im awaiting MW3 as well, cant wait for it, add AnakyUK.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
everyone knows this already lol, if you want monthlies do it yourself beacuse its effort and people arent gonna attend lol

it's gonna be like this till we get a venue deal, then we'll be running this regularly beside other games

I have a life, I have work and things to attend so I cant do this all the time at the moment. This is why GP needs to host a blastzone again or such
yeah, i simply cant afford that right now

i would host another blastzone, but there are a few problems:

im currently overworknig my **** to get money for apex. seriously my big toe is dead after dropping a wardrobe on it

i lost a very large sum of money on it last time.

also people were unwilling to let me drum up exra business (think bak to me asknig people what they wanted sold in the venue. the only answer i got was pot noodles which i bought in. people then disregarded the food i spent more money on to go to the chippy outside)

things got stolen. i dont know who by but no-one is willing to own up to it. i had to pay to replace it and now the owner is reluctant to let me hire it again

i had a fair amount of houing last blastzone due to my grandparents being in australia. now that they are at home i have very little housing
/rant

despite all this, i will hopefully be hosting another tournament next april. so be on the lookout for it

SirKyoshi

Smash Journeyman
IDK if i will go to this, all im going to do is do a late shish kebab in a roll at the end and roll over people.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
THERE'S A TOURNAMENT EVERY MONTH TILL 2012

October - Arcade (Not) Disco - Melee
November - Out of Con'Trolls' (in Croydon) - Melee & Brawl
December - London Monthlies - Melee & Brawl

So no-one can complain, there are frequent events.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Dayum godly combo video.

I love editing in combo vids, most people don't though.
I like editing, just not when it makes it hard to see what they're actually doing lol. :(

It's confirmed? When?

rustediron

Smash Lord
yeah, i simply cant afford that right now

i would host another blastzone, but there are a few problems:

im currently overworknig my **** to get money for apex. seriously my big toe is dead after dropping a wardrobe on it

i lost a very large sum of money on it last time.

also people were unwilling to let me drum up exra business (think bak to me asknig people what they wanted sold in the venue. the only answer i got was pot noodles which i bought in. people then disregarded the food i spent more money on to go to the chippy outside)
You need to chase people down, contact them personally, and make sure they'd feel bad for not coming. This is why people who host tournaments tend to be well-known members of the community with a lot of friends in it; they are the people who can actually achieve this.

Making money off the tuck shop was unrealistic: you had very little idea of what the demand would be like, so had very little idea of the supply you needed to purchase. Not a good recipe for success.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master

People shouldn't complain anyway. Hosting is a very hard job, one that you often don't get appreciated for (Fuzz).

Fuzzyness

The Reality!

thanks aaron, people are whining for no reason lol

some other people are doing stuff now, all over the UK again even if its not so frequent so dont just rely on me :D

Top Bottom