• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Kasper!

Smash Lord
it was on my street but the other end, guy was round the corner and got me from behind..someone else came from nowhere and started hitting me threatening me they had a knife and taking my stuff. Hitting me in the head asking me for my pin code but I said no till they eventually just left, if they took out a knife it wouldve been a diff story

Man..im just pissed off
Did you cry? Im jokin (SERIOUSLY ITS NOT FUNNY WHEN SOMEONE GETS JACKED)

Anywayz what do you mean end of your street? the side near the station or near the high street?

Where there any witnesses?

How many manz was wid you?

How many manz was it that caught you slippin? if you remember?

Where they all black?

Seen any of them before?

gm jack

Smash Lord
It's been a while since we played, but I was going around even with him about 3/4 months ago, when I had still never got out of pools.

And I think tristan is better than me, despite that he can't beat me in tournament, so he could probably beat him as well.

All assuming he hasn't improved as fast and we have though. Jam's still pretty good, if rusty.

VA

Smash Hero
It's been a while since we played, but I was going around even with him about 3/4 months ago, when I had still never got out of pools.

And I think tristan is better than me, despite that he can't beat me in tournament, so he could probably beat him as well.

All assuming he hasn't improved as fast and we have though. Jam's still pretty good, if rusty.
X1-12 is better than me, which means that you are too.

P.S the best thing about losing to him was getting to play him again and hearing the defeat in his voice before.

X1-12

Smash Champion
VA I want to MM your Falcon, I really shouldn't have lost that match. I also owe you £5 for Brighton which I'll give you when I see you

Also Jam is mad rusty, I was beating him consistently with my fox and falco when we played a bit at Brighton, when we played back in Reading even if he'd been playing a whole day we go even.

VA

Smash Hero
I really shouldn't have lost that match.
While we're making excuses, I was using a pretty ****ing faulty pad and should not have lost to you period. So, yes, if we meet again in tournament I'll be using falcon don't worry, if not you can have a MM for any amount you feel comfortable with.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
You guys should be holding one around Christmas when I'm in London, not November then January! ;_;
well if youre at expo this time, i can inform you of my own event, which will most likely go down when your in london back from uni, you could travel up with the rest of the londoners!

Yeniths

East Midlands!
LOL at first game did it count? Didn't have time to watch the whole set so I'll do that later

rustediron

Smash Lord
If I was TO'ing I would have given the win to peef @_@

:king:
I really don't understand why people feel the need to be uptight about this; it's not like you're going to define some legal precedent which needs to be able to hold to a lot of cases. Simple things like this can clearly be done case-by-case, and only in really contentious cases might you resort to stuff like who shows up on the score screen.

In that case, Unknown clearly beat PEEF; but then killed himself after doing so. Whilst I agree with the TO's decision of letting the players sort it out between themselves, I disagree that, had they both wanted the win, PEEF deserves it.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I really don't understand why people feel the need to be uptight about this; it's not like you're going to define some legal precedent which needs to be able to hold to a lot of cases. Simple things like this can clearly be done case-by-case, and only in really contentious cases might you resort to stuff like who shows up on the score screen.

In that case, Unknown clearly beat PEEF; but then killed himself after doing so. Whilst I agree with the TO's decision of letting the players sort it out between themselves, I disagree that, had they both wanted the win, PEEF deserves it.
Ultimately I would allow them to decide by themselves (technically, Peef telling Unknown that he deserves the win would be a forfeit), but otherwise I would give Peef the win (I'm saying this from the perspective that I agree with Peef's decision and would do the same in his position). It's not like unknown just simply walked off the edge, it could have been a dumb SD whilst doing tech, no way to prove it.

Moral of the story: Don't be a ****ing idiot and kill yourself when you've won.

:king:

Tamoo

Smash Master
A tournament match between two players tests their skill in all areas, including their ability (or inability) to control themselves when a match looks won. Peef deserved victory imo :)

L-J

Smash Ace
While I understand the position of those who think Peef 'deserved' the win for that game, I would never ever ever take the win in that situation. But that's just me. I mean seriously, whatever the situation was technically I don't see how when you're dead off the top on your last stock and someone is doing tech skill showoffyness rather than just putting down their controller/keeping all fingers completely still off the buttons (what anyone trying 100% for the win should do) you can claim a win, from a moral perspective. Yes, technically you won the game, but this isn't even like 'my opponent SD'ed twice during the match and so I don't feel like I've earned it - I mean you're literally gone with no stocks left in Peef's situation, so in my eyes the game is lost. The only way I claim the win is if I don't give my opponent credit for having the ability to press no buttons after the point when the star KO has begun, which is...never. It would be plain disrespect.

Having said all that, if Unknown insisted that Peef take the victory then whatever, that's his decision and Peef has every right to take it.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
The win had to go to Peef because Unknown did that very very stupid SD. There was absolutely no reason to jump off the edge in that situation. I do that sort of stuff sometimes in a friendly but def not in a tournament match. Whilst obviously Unknown deserved the win, Unknown basically lost it instead of Peef winning it.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Peef said he is coming on 18th of Jan which is gay because it's 4 days after our event.

Would be sick if he was coming and would just add in more hype...speaking of international I wonder if crystalnite will be still here

:phone:

AmcD

Smash Ace
Peef said he is coming on 18th of Jan which is gay because it's 4 days after our event.

Would be sick if he was coming and would just add in more hype...speaking of international I wonder if crystalnite will be still here

:phone:
I think Crystalnite is going back before xmas.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
alas, i wont be :(

leaving on the 17th of december for virginia

ill try to make it back to london for a smashfest or something, but my rail pass expires soon, so i likely wont be able to afford the 60+ quid that a trip to euston entails

Top Bottom