• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

AmcD

Smash Ace
Just going to re-post what I said in the London Gaming con thread.

Only way I can come to this if someone was to offer housing?

Also, assuming Jo3 isn't going I would need a doubles partner.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
This is Prof - Ask J3ly if he can house you AmcD and Alpha Dash isn't going so I would really like to team with you since you play peach and so does he and J03 plays Fox so it's a win win :bee:

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
got some bad news, this has to be cancelled =/, the venue is being used for something apparently

so everyone get hyped for the London Gaming Con tournament instead

if you booked try alter your ticket for the week after :s

Heartstring

Smash Legend
got some bad news, this has to be cancelled =/, the venue is being used for something apparently

so everyone get hyped for the London Gaming Con tournament instead

if you booked try alter your ticket for the week after :s
guess who just got their carpool for this all sorted out?
ah well, lonodn gaming con is cool too, i jsut need housing

VA

Smash Hero
Remember a while ago we had a conversation about buffer grabs and shines?

These are possible, I did one. I didn't realise...I was wrong.

By this I mean buffering your grab out of shield by holding up on the c-stick and pressing Z. I can't remember whether I did this or a shine that stayed on the ground perfectly. I need to explore the possibilities...

gm jack

Smash Lord
Holding up on the c stick and z together, or up cstick then z?

From a mechanics point of view, I don't see how that can work, but I'll give it a try when I next get to play.

VA

Smash Hero
Can you not jump cancel a grab out of shield? I don't know, maybe it was a shine now that I think about it.

I was the one arguing it was impossible last time...I just remembered I did something odd by accident the other day.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Well, the only things that can be buffered oos as far as I know are jumps, rolls and spot dodge. Shield can also be buffered (allowing the previous oos shield options to also be buffered via shield and cstick).

However, as z behaves like a + l/r, in order to grab, you need to time the a/z input, as the a input cannot be buffered. In the same way, shine oos should not be able to be buffered as you cannot buffer the b input.

As shield hit stun isn't huge in this game, it could be that you simply timed them very well, and have been attributing the better timing to your attempts to perform it in a new way.

However, if I'm wrong/this is new, this is pretty damn useful.

VA

Smash Hero
The buffer is not on the input of A B Z or whatever, it's just the jump, the other input is timed.

What happened is I was holding up on C stick and pressed B and somehow managed to get a shine out on the ground. It was definitely buffered I can tell when something is (it's fairly obvious).

gm jack

Smash Lord
Then all you have done is buffer a jump oos, and then either done a JC grab (which is slower than just grabbing, so not necessary).

The shine oos should not have been any quicker than if timed it normally, unless you can react to the start up frames of the buffered jump with the shine, which I think is 1/30th or 1/10th of asecond, depending on if it is fox or falco. If your reactions are that good that you can react in that time frame to use as a trigger for a shine/grab, go right ahead, but you aren't buffering anything more than a jump.

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
guess who just got their carpool for this all sorted out?
ah well, lonodn gaming con is cool too, i jsut need housing
I could house you, though I would recommend Luigimitsu/Sinth as I'll likely be staying there that saturday and there'd be more people to practice with.

Either way housing won't be a problem :)

VA

Smash Hero
Then all you have done is buffer a jump oos, and then either done a JC grab (which is slower than just grabbing, so not necessary).

The shine oos should not have been any quicker than if timed it normally, unless you can react to the start up frames of the buffered jump with the shine, which I think is 1/30th or 1/10th of asecond, depending on if it is fox or falco. If your reactions are that good that you can react in that time frame to use as a trigger for a shine/grab, go right ahead, but you aren't buffering anything more than a jump.
I think this has got a bit muddled from a typo in my OP. I meant buffer your jump then press Z.

I know everything you've kindly explained to me so far, and yes it's ridiculously hard to get a shine out after a buffer jump but I did it the other day, that was my point.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Remember a while ago we had a conversation about buffer grabs and shines?

These are possible, I did one. I didn't realise...I was wrong.

By this I mean buffering your grab out of shield by holding up on the c-stick and pressing Z. I can't remember whether I did this or a shine that stayed on the ground perfectly. I need to explore the possibilities...
by pressing, do u mean spamming?

if so,

thank you

:sheik:

VA

Smash Hero
by pressing, do u mean spamming?

if so,

thank you

:sheik:
Get out of here you. I did it with one press of B thank you very much.

P.S. I'm considering having a smashfest before the end of November considering that I now have the largest bedroom known to man. If you have time you should come down for one last outing of smash before you leave. Also the size of my room would actually allow me to host a mini-tournament, as I've done in the past at my smashfests.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Well, if you have the reactions to do it, it would be a great mechanism for timing grabs/shines better. However, I'm not sure you could consider it buffering the grab/shine, as you still have to time some of the inputs.

j3ly

Smash Champion
I've been super unreliable with these but i've got savings now so attending shouldn't be a problem depending on the days of the week =D what days are you having this fest and can I come deal some ****

VA

Smash Hero
I've been super unreliable with these but i've got savings now so attending shouldn't be a problem depending on the days of the week =D what days are you having this fest and can I come deal some ****
It will be a weekend as I'm a working man now.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I could house you, though I would recommend Luigimitsu/Sinth as I'll likely be staying there that saturday and there'd be more people to practice with.

Either way housing won't be a problem :)
well, i hope i can squeeze in with calz and anaky, i need dat high level exp for apex XD
i need to vie mitsu a MM though, when im not off-form XD

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
well, i hope i can squeeze in with calz and anaky, i need dat high level exp for apex XD
i need to vie mitsu a MM though, when im not off-form XD
Meh, You won't find a better Pit to practice against :troll:

I take it you're gonna go Ike :bee: I would like to see that match, since I missed your set at the last monthly :(

not marcbri lol, the melee peach player
(Even though I don't play melee) I'm pretty sure that guy was called Trif.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Meh, You won't find a better Pit to practice against :troll:

I take it you're gonna go Ike :bee: I would like to see that match, since I missed your set at the last monthly :(
id rather practise with calz anaky and cong if i possibly can. high level and high tier players, will be most helpful
i need to ask though first XD

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
id rather practise with calz anaky and cong if i possibly can. high level and high tier players, will be most helpful
i need to ask though first XD
Fair enough. Though if Ike beats any of: Marth, Snake, Diddy or MK he deserves a medal.

If you lose to a Pit player at Apex it's your own fault :awesome:

Useless knowledge: Ike-Pit: Ike is -2, R.O.B-Pit, R.O.B is -1 ;)

Top Bottom