• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
cool maybe a few more from HSAM will be coming then. we got 4 for sure. :) hope the seeding for the bracket is done well though. And i hope everyone can deal with nerves first tme, lack of chances in straight brackets lol.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
true true if they are seeded nicely tio will do it all :p
soo maybe we wont have to play each other for a while or for once tamoo, lucky for you :p hahaha

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
thanks for the kind words tamoo, can you point out any obvious mistakes that im still making, or got any advice in general that will help me for tomorrow?

Tamoo

Smash Master
One thing i remember thinking when i was using falcon is that u should be dthwrow techchasing a lot more. Falcons tech is **** slow so there's its really easy to react to where he's teching and regrab etc. What i find works is dthrow, then walk towards him, and then read the tech.
Also, you're edgeguarding could do with a bit more work. I think i remember you trying to dsmash a fox as he was recovering from below and ive found that that always fails and i get hit by fox fire. Same for falco. Instead, always fastfall down to them, go below them and jump and fair or bair, then recover.
Also, you were missing the sweetspot in the recovery quite a bit, which means punishment, all i can suggest is going into training and learning all the angles possible with her recovery. And learn to stall on the edge too, ive found its quite useful for a safe passage back on stage.
tbh, im pretty sure as a shiek main, u know these things but its just implementing it in matches successfully that counts.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
if fox/falco are below the stage using firefox/bird, I'm pretty sure nair to fair works really well.

Tamoo

Smash Master
There's quite a lot of crazy **** shiek can do to fox/falco when they're below the stage, i just do whatever m2k does lol, you can learn so much from that shiek, just does whatever's necessary in every situation

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
Fuzzyness

if anyone has a setup please bring it if anyone is bring brawl setups could you make sure it has a replay hack

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
yeah drop down nair is a pretty safe option, and im confident doing it, the only time i down smash is if i dont have enough time to get down there. If you get the spacing/timing right it does work.

xatm092

Smash Apprentice
Fuzzyness

if anyone has a setup please bring it if anyone is bring brawl setups could you make sure it has a replay hack
Okay well I'm going to bring my hacked NTSC brawl as usual (no replay time limit, tags in replays), with my HD component cable, so I'm gonna snag fuzzy's widescreen again if possible.

cong

Smash Journeyman
I can bring my set up but i might not be able to bring a brawl disc as the one im using is my friends and i might need to give it back to him tonight, so would someone be able to bring there brawl disc?

let me know here

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
I hate my job namely cos its **** : / So on that note I will most likely fake sickness and not go to work and go to this instead.

Seems more important than some ****ty stock count anyway :)

Tamoo

Smash Master
good **** pete, u need to get back into melee man

and yeah, amsah was insane to watch, i just find m2k more methodical and better to learn from, and overtriforce was the most entertaining by far imo

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Good luck to Blaze, Trio3, Yeniths and Killerjawz tomorrow at the tourney in BRAWLZ. Prof go win Melee you mutha****a.

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
looks like i'm gonna have to bring my beat up laptop cuz no one else is bringing one for tio, normally i'd just leave it but a beat up computer is better than no computer

Tamoo

Smash Master
Ugh, proper bull**** news, works being gay to dave, so there's a possibility he might not make it

does anyone know the order the events are happening? doubles b4 singles or the other way round?

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
Well now, looks like I'll be able to make it after all... just about, Fuzz i can't pay you back today though so my apologies about that. No auroreon this time either. I'll be bringing Warning with me this time again though so melee players need to watch out ;) and of course i won't be going down so easily in Brawl either.

EDIT: Also, no Bowser T-shirt for me today either, it's in the wash so nobody look for the bowser shirt.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I just heards that Fuzzyness isn't gonna stick to his word and stay all falcon in the tournament...didn't I predict it a long tim before the tournament loool, he can never play one character.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Brawl top 4 according to Trio3:

1st Calzorz
2nd Shadow Tactics
3rd Trio3
4th Blaze

gj guys

this result proves i would of easily placed top 3 and possibly won. good ****!

and prof won melee
GET ***** UK

Gantz ak-47

Smash Journeyman
shout out to my crew No Contest. you lot did very well. and congrats to Prof for being the best in the u.k at last.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
lol im gonna stick to falcon for a while and see if I can pull off an all falcon win

falcons still in learning stage, i know his combos but his setups are very complicated in comparison to my whorish gay top tiers lol

Once I get them down (hopefully) falconnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn is tooo good

GG's prof for outplaying me anyway, shouldn't have gone kongo jungle because I don't feel at all confident on stages like that, I even had less problems playing against the canadian on Corneria >_> just wanted to try out something new anyway to see what falcon can do on some stages

Top Bottom