• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

The Filth

Smash Lord
oh, yeh i played a damo of that. Thats the one where u have 2 guys in reserve right? lol i was pretty good, spammed spidermans web-attack solidly, last in reserve. The demo never stood a chance of being bought :(
Can't really blame you, ****s intense. =]

Plus Cable annoyed me by shouting HYPER VIPER BEAM all the ****ing time, argh.

I heard some guys had a 5,000 dollar money match though... so much hype

j3ly

Smash Champion
i actually saw the vid u favorited, i wish i understood the game because it looks very deep

ps u commin to any of this weeks smashfests?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I would be able to come on thurs and MAYBE fri.

Matters what time it last to on a friday really cos I can get the tram from my college ALLL THE WAY to NICEEE wimbeldon lol.
mmm friday was meant to be my fest but i guess thurs will be more hype with 3 people lol.

on friday it'll last to 9-10 or something.

Yeah Ill come, Got some work to hand in that day so Ill do that and then come =) If its alright with TC of course. Btw do you have fb j3ly?
sure

i might come to this if tc will have me. i might bring last dragon if thats all right.
sure

btw guys I can only have 3 people sleeping over =/

Interested for Friday:

Fuzz
BBill
j3ly
Prof
Kman
Gantz
LD

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
This is contestable, I didn't change because of the monthly. I always played peach but preferred fox because I found him more fun. The monthly let me find peach fun again and gave me things to practice with her. I'll probably still use fox if I need him but the idea of a main is kind of stupid being as I can play both characters to a high level and I'm probably going to try out my sheik for southampton.
Yeah I know you did play peach before.

But if you're performance was better with fox overall in the tournament you have to admit that it would extremely unlikely you would be doing all this peach talk and changing sigs and avatars right now and prioritizing peach lol.

i might come to this if tc will have me. i might bring last dragon if thats all right.
You should come, it will be good practice :)

Interested for Friday:

Fuzz
BBill
j3ly
Prof
Kman
Gantz
LD
Yeah I am interested for Friday......not thursday anymore lol.

How many TV's you have for setups anyway, cos I don't wanna take my cube to college and carry it around all day lol.
The tram to Wimbeldon is right next to my college so I just wanna take an easy trip there.....I hope other people can bring setups.

j3ly

Smash Champion
i no can bring setup.. unless Fuzzy would have the awesome grace (im sorry man i know you don't like people doing this) to maybe bring it along with him..? Lord knows i need my cube, the 360 just doesn't cut it and i want to learn some tech skill with fox.

Jolteon

uhm i got 1 tv in my room 1 in my living room, there's my mum's etc but I think she'll want that left alone.

I got 1 set-up so if someone else could bring one that'd be good.

/e oh yeah I should mention this friday I got some stupid day on school that finishes at normal time (3:20) so get to the station around then and phone me or go to my house for 4.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
**** aint been on boards in a lil while.......... J3ly if im allowed i may be able to pop into your fest on saturday as you sed i can take a bus from wood green to get there. What time you starting bro??

j3ly

Smash Champion
Awesome, if its simply logistically impossible/pointless i was going to come and pick it up this week anyway, so no sweat. Go to the arcade, **** some naps xD

TC u have car? If you have a car i wouldn't mind lugging my TV around, so long as you could give me a lift back to the station afterwards. Its pretty small, but he its 60hz

j3ly

Smash Champion
Saturday ill h ave to be up at 10 to feed my dogs. Lol though, I've been late for Ranbat, has people smashing for 3 hours in my room, and had people knocking on my door and i still don't wake-up so its debatable.

I have a mobile now so waking up shouldn't be a problem - yeah, any time after 10, but if you do decide to come that early don't unless u have credit - because u might be ringing the doorbell for a while due to my waking up problems.

184 to sainsburys in east barnet, then call me on 07962223480
wear a stab-proof jacket.

j3ly

Smash Champion
dangnabbit.. wheels or not prepare to have a new found respect for mario! cos i dont think weve ever played/seen each other play. Well atleast i hope you wont be disappointed
:devil:

How much damage does Ice Beam do on pokemon ruby?

Jolteon

ah yeah i've heard good things about your mario, i've not really played for ages so dont expect anything too special from me atm lool.

ice beam/tbolt/fthrower=base 95 power

j3ly

Smash Champion
marth gets rusty quick i hear,

oh well, ima bring my A game and as it happens i have people commin over to play me now :)

might record a few of the games too

Kman25

Smash Ace
j3ly You play Pokemon? 0_o Do you play on Shoddy Battle or the actual games?

And I dont know if I can make it to Friday anymore, Friend has some birthday thing going on. Ill see what happens after that tho

j3ly

Smash Champion
lol im not too sure what shoddy battle is, but no i only ever played ruby and saphire. I have the new one on my DS, but it lost my interests before the 7th badge

Kman25

Smash Ace
Oh okay, Shoddy battle is some simulator of the game where they give you all the pokemon and you choose and battle online. And yeah same here really, I always just go back to Emerald from time to time just revamp my team lol

VA

Smash Hero
Yeah I know you did play peach before.

But if you're performance was better with fox overall in the tournament you have to admit that it would extremely unlikely you would be doing all this peach talk and changing sigs and avatars right now and prioritizing peach lol.

You should come, it will be good practice :)
I guess you're right. London forced me to "come to terms" with myself lol. I always kind of knew I was better off with peach just liked fox too much, now I kind of hate him becaue all I do is bair, it's dullll.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Va - lol Well atleast you have peach now to become more consistent with now and stuff. Will be interesting returning to that.

ANYWAY TC.....SERIOUSLY, we need more then one setup for this when we might have 6 people or more :urg:.
Is there any chance in getting one or getting one of your friends down the street like last time to get one, I can help bring it.
Cos this would mean it would be a contious doubles thing and that's gay lol.

j3ly

Smash Champion
dammit, the time flew by so quickly :(

but my fox came along leaps and bounds. Took some advise of someone random - try thinking more and pressing less buttons. I can do the backwards waveshine now, and that was my biiiiggest block to starting fox seriously. When ive perfected that and shine bair and thunders, i will be an unstoppable machine muhahahaaaaa

prof watch out
(im actually serious)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
dammit, the time flew by so quickly :(

but my fox came along leaps and bounds. Took some advise of someone random - try thinking more and pressing less buttons. I can do the backwards waveshine now, and that was my biiiiggest block to starting fox seriously. When ive perfected that and shine bair and thunders, i will be an unstoppable machine muhahahaaaaa

prof watch out
(im actually serious)
There is a HELL OF ALOT more to fox then learning Thunders and Waveshines and Shine bair is pretty useless tbh lol
Unless you're doing Reverse Shine Bair.

Alot of people in the UK can do all of the above and still aren't amazing with fox.
It will prob feel like you are really good when you step up on your tech skill with fox, but in a real game it's a different story.

I don't think your fox will be ANY threat anytime soon anyway.

j3ly

Smash Champion
bleeeeugh i disagree, i improved from being beasted by falco to 0->deathing him several times. in about an hour, which is the longest ive put into fox in one go

weeeeeeelll seeeeeee init.

VA

Smash Hero
I think I probably know more tech skill **** with fox than prof or charles but literally it doesn't help you win that much. I can shine > shffl aerial with perfect L-cancels and fast falls 100% on a shield but it doesn't help because I still get shield grabbed because I can't space like mango :(

I literally have spent hours perfecting stupid thing like reverse thunders combos and all this ******** and I can it all consistently. It's good but it's not that great mmkay?

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
reverse shine bair = shine, turnaround, SH and Bair in the same direction you are running?
Id say running shine => usmash out of it is quite useful at times.
Ive been playin Jiggs recently and i think i might use her as a secondary =/ but still falco FTW lol

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
There is a HELL OF ALOT more to fox then learning Thunders and Waveshines and Shine bair is pretty useless tbh lol
Unless you're doing Reverse Shine Bair.

Alot of people in the UK can do all of the above and still aren't amazing with fox.
It will prob feel like you are really good when you step up on your tech skill with fox, but in a real game it's a different story.

I don't think your fox will be ANY threat anytime soon anyway.
agreed. If you focus on what technical stuff your doing all the time then you will be read like a book as your not paying enough attention to your opponent.

Btw- I am coming to TCs and I can bring a setup if needed

j3ly

Smash Champion
finally i can play you

if anyone read before, i said i was pressing less buttons and thinking more x_x , more like wait wait predict HUGE BUTTON FILTHY COMBO BURST wait wait, but if i could do the said techniques i mentioned earlier, the combos would have been better/lead to a nicer setup. Also if i could thunders, the falco would have been fuuukked until i told him how to SDI outta it.

Don't think i'm some technical fiend, i am more than aware of the importance of mindgames over tech skill. But the point i tried to put across that every1 has missed so far, is that mindgames can only go so far (especially with the kinda fox i am aiming to play), without the technical skill to follow it up after certain moves. Ofc you all already know that, but are talking to me as if i didn't know it

yeh bullet your setups is more than required i think

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
reverse shine bair = shine, turnaround, SH and Bair in the same direction you are running?
Ive been playin Jiggs recently and i think i might use her as a secondary =/ but still falco FTW lol
Shine upsmash is very useful for someone lying on the floor.

The reason for this is because you can never usually run up to someone and up smash them while they are lying on the floor in time, but if you shine it stuns them and then you can get in the upsmash just in time.

I use it all the time against people who aren't waveshineable.

And yes Deathgazer I was talking about when you are running the same direction. Which is why I said shine turnaround bair is more useful then just shine bair.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Shine upsmash is very useful for someone lying on the floor.

The reason for this is because you can never usually run up to someone and up smash them while they are lying on the floor in time, but if you shine it stuns them and then you can get in the upsmash just in time.

I use it all the time against people who aren't waveshineable.

And yes Deathgazer I was talking about when you are running the same direction. Which is why I said shine turnaround bair is more useful then just shine bair.
yeah simply because shine bair most of the time can be replaced with a bair but you can't bair someone after running up to them unless you shine

Jolteon

falco/jiggs seems like a pretty popular choice, i'm kind of contemplating that path myself.

agreed. If you focus on what technical stuff your doing all the time then you will be read like a book as your not paying enough attention to your opponent.

Btw- I am coming to TCs and I can bring a setup if needed
please do, it'd help a lot. ;)

Top Bottom