• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

rustediron

Smash Lord

Tamoo

Smash Master
Is it saturday night rather than fri night? If so I could probs house one person if you wanna come although should warn u its pretty far from the venue but not that much further than TC i guess.
But yeah if it's fri night, I think i'm going fuzzy's place

Brado

Smash Lord
If I'm coming, then I'll only need housing on the saturday, and the distance doesn't matter as long as I can meet back up with Willz/Calzum in the morning. Would be a great help if you could house me.
I should be confirmed/unconfirmed by tomorrow night at the latest.

J03

Smash Master
ok ive found some nice trains.

the first gets me into london euston at 7.52am on the saturday. so can someone meet me? if not how can i get to barkingside and how much will it cost me? are there any travelcards which will save me money? will i make it to the monthly on time?

i can only leave on monday evening too(9-10pm), so ill need housing on saturday and sunday, is that possible? who can house me and where do they live?

Tamoo

Smash Master
7.52 will definitely get you there on time, way too early almost but yeah, u could probs jam at fuzzy's place or something until the tournament if he's up for that. Just look at a london underground map to find how to get to barkingside.

you'd need to get the black line (northern) southbound to tottenham court road, on which you'd have to switch to the red line (central) eastbound to go to barkingside. When getting on the central line, you have to make sure that the tube you get is headed to Hainault via Newbury Park because there are quite a few different eastbound trains on the central line but only one will get you to barkingside.

If you have a young person's railcard (which u should!) a travelcard for the day will cost you a fiver

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
I'm planning on going to this monthly from southampton and I have no intention of even being away by 7.52... But for cheap train tickets I guess it's worth it. If you're planning on making more than about 3 trips on public transport, a travelcard is pretty much the cheapest way around. Sick, see you there!

Tetris DS mm is still on, btw.

j3ly

Smash Champion
dacacia can u bring my keys if u havent thrown them away please? they have a big yellow and blue circular keyringg attatched, advertising some kind of electrical warehouse i believe

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
I don't remember finding your keys j3ly, I've got kira's memory card and I think I still have someone's random pair of trousers =@.@= (If no-one claims the trousers before this monthly, I plan to throw them away, btw everyone) But I'm almost certain no-one left any keys. Prof did you ever find your ring?

Jo3: might have a problem there then lol. Anyone wanna donate a ds for the cause?

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
I don't remember finding your keys j3ly, I've got kira's memory card and I think I still have someone's random pair of trousers =@.@= (If no-one claims the trousers before this monthly, I plan to throw them away, btw everyone) But I'm almost certain no-one left any keys. Prof did you ever find your ring?

Jo3: might have a problem there then lol. Anyone wanna donate a ds for the cause?
you should turn up to the monthly wearing the trousers and see if anyone notices!

VA

Smash Hero
craig come stay in brighton before london monthly and practice with meeeee, it'll be way better.

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
im prob better off putting this in the south and southwest thread, but i was gonna suggesting having a smashfest before the london monthly, preferably id like it to be on the 25th or something. Im pretty sure duncan would be up for it lol, anyone interested? Also, we could record (UK south and southwest combo video in the near future? lol)

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
I might be going home for a few days that week - I'll definitely be here from the 27th onwards though, so I'd say some time after that.

Unrelated, I'm gonna be in london on sunday, anyone hosting anything?

Kasper!

Smash Lord
Im thinking of having a few MM's with people

BO5 against my peach? and yes im talking about brawl!

10p, 20p, 50p, £1.00??

EDIT - this counts for both the london monthlies and SmashGT

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Looking forward to see you again Kira! :D. You entering both games I hope?

Kasper!

Smash Lord
Looking forward to see you again Kira! :D. You entering both games I hope?
i dont know if i should enter melee as i havent had my memory card to practice with falco so i doubt it, but im definetly up for friendlies though :)

and yh it would kool to see you again too, WHY HAVENT YOU BROUGHT COLLETTE YET IM OBSESSED I GUESS

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Haha I will before to long, shes getting good at Melee seriously lol. Shes getting really technical with Peach lol, it makes me laugh. Not to keen to make it to a all Male tournament tho, but she will eventually lol

You must enter Kira! :D

L-J

Smash Ace
So yeah barring a massive work deluge between now and 30th I'm coming to this. It's gonna be straight to a double elim bracket right as usual right? If so is the seeding gonna be random or what? (I feel justified asking this as both monthlies I've gone to so far my bracket has been joke hard lol).

Kasper!

Smash Lord
lol thats a shame, i dont blame her though all of those eyes (especially mine cough kira is a stalker lol following her).

and no i dont think i should enter, ask for friendlies lol and ill play lol

EDIT - Technical peach LMAO

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I've had the same L-J but everyone is hoping there will be pools this time. Once my exams are over I hope to visit you sometime :D

VA

Smash Hero
pools shouldn't happen, it will take way too long, it runs late anyway because it's not that smoothly organised.

double elim is good but it needs seeding, it's dumb without it like tamoo having my bracket last monthly was stoopid. I had LJ > chrisboi > prof > some people > frostbyte > tamoo > prof.

Tamoo = not as good as frost. It makes the placings non-representative of skill. So accurate seedings please!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Thanks for that dude, I'll try and get confirmed asap, should be an awesome fest.
loool At ditching your friends Willz and Calzum to sleep round Tamoo's house.

I don't even know why you were confused so much when I was saying how you suck up to Tamoo.......I tihnk this situation helps to define the reason why I made that statement.....I think anyway, what do other people think :confused:

Top Bottom