• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
Indeed I do :)

People who said they might be coming (either days):
Orange_bina
Prof
Jolteon
j3ly
VA
Beast
Dash
Deathgazer
Unreal
jjlinyard
Bishkin

So actually there may be 11.......lol ****.

j3ly and jjlinyard if you guys could come saturday that would make things a lot easier

@ Aiko LoL takin advantage of my drunkenness :p

j3ly

Smash Champion
yo man,

nah sorry dude i wont be able to make it saturday im goin out friday night then helping a mate clear his house up after a week free yard in the morning. If i come sunday that means i can wake up at like 9, get my **** sorted by 10 and come early

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
jjl here is my number - 07812813511. Feel free to come 1 / 2 onwards, not sure when other people will be coming.
Oh yeh if 1 person can bring a cube that would be sweet, then we can have 3 setups.

If anyone else would like to come today I have space for 1 or 2 more but they wouldn't be able to stay the night.
So far I believe the people coming today are:
Jolteon
Prof
jjlinyard
orange_bina
maybe Unreal

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I can't bring a cube, my back always hurts from it....lol im really sorry but it does cos th edge of the cube always ends up digging in my back no matter how I position it.

I am still coming today but I will be coming later.

FlyCondor

Smash Cadet
Hey guys I'm making a trip back to my homeland London on the 5th of March, and I was thinking about hosting a minifest for melee that weekend. It would probably only be on the Saturday (6th of March) but I can possibly house a few people the night before if they want.

Its a decent sized house so we could probably get a few set ups going, especially if some of you guys bring cubes and I borrow a few CRT's off my friends. For those who went to Bishkin's fest, its not far from there on the tube (East Putney on the district Line, or Putney on the overland...Theres loads of buses around too).

Spoke briefly to Bishkin who was upfor it and Fandemz say maybe, how about the rest of you?

Edit also won a spice orange controller on ebay, barely used £15 incl post...booo yeaaah.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Flycondor - I would come but I am actually going to Bullet Bill's house which is in Southampton on that date with OOC for 2 days so I def can't come.

People should subscribe to SmashSouthampton on youtube though cos when we go round there our matches will obv be recorded with commentary lol :)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Flycondor - I would come but I am actually going to Bullet Bill's house which is in Southampton on that date with OOC for 2 days so I def can't come.

People should subscribe to SmashSouthampton on youtube though cos when we go round there our matches will obv be recorded with commentary lol :)
but without any girly screams from last dragon :laugh:

j3ly

Smash Champion
anyone at bishkins now? what time u guys stayin to, im hungover in bed but i might come if its good

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Sorry I didn't come guys lol I spent like 1.55 getting to Earlsfield but my phone battery was dead and I didn't have any more change for a payphone. I tried getting there from memory but that didn't work either. :(

I still want to play smash though so I might see if I can host later (not this week since I have a trip to go on lol).

MM your shiek vs my falco for... £3?

TC (overdue) MM's or not, we have hourssss of playin to catch up on yo. Low tiers, high tiers the load

Yo bish turns out i cant come saturday, well i can but that means buying travel 2 ways which i dont wanna do, plus TC VA and Pro are cmmin sunday so ill think ill come then if thats no issue?
I'm kind of skint nowadays lol, can we just do sheik MMs? I'll accept sheik vs falco for 3 quid and more if you want.

Fine man whatever, although I think TC and Prof are coming saturday and staying over. If you can't come that frees up a space for sat night housing.

@ TC, Jolteon lol we might be able to record if my ezcap arrives in time, which it very well may not. Surely one of you must have recording equipment? My AV splitter arrived if that helps
how much do ezcaps cost?

Hey guys I'm making a trip back to my homeland London on the 5th of March, and I was thinking about hosting a minifest for melee that weekend. It would probably only be on the Saturday (6th of March) but I can possibly house a few people the night before if they want.

Its a decent sized house so we could probably get a few set ups going, especially if some of you guys bring cubes and I borrow a few CRT's off my friends. For those who went to Bishkin's fest, its not far from there on the tube (East Putney on the district Line, or Putney on the overland...Theres loads of buses around too).

Spoke briefly to Bishkin who was upfor it and Fandemz say maybe, how about the rest of you?

Edit also won a spice orange controller on ebay, barely used £15 incl post...booo yeaaah.
I'm interested since I missed this one and Putney is easy to get to for me.

j3ly

Smash Champion
was today any good? who turned up? i should have come, oh well ill come to the next one for sure when i dont have work

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
yeah was pretty good got some real exctiing matches recorded as well man
ermmm it was me, smashy (he hasnt decided on a name), prof, alpha dash, va, beast, deathgaxer and bishkin ofc. shame u cudnt make it man.

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
Cheers to everyone who came over, there was definitely a lot of nice smash played over the 2 days. It's smashfests like these that significantly improve my gameplay and I can feel my understanding of the game growing with each match :)
Videos are on the way, we got set 1 of VA vs Prof later tonight if we're lucky.

Jolteon unlucky for not making it down, good effort for trying to get here I guess. I can't believe I didn't think to try and call back on the payphone number as soon as we got disconnected....sorry bro!

j3ly you wasteman. You missed out big time

VA

Smash Hero
thanks for hosting bishkin, I was a bit moody cos I was hungover and tired. The first sets with prof were a bit gash, the last one was cool although the phantom reverse marth up B was not.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
yeah thanks for hosting bishkin cant wait too see these matches put up man if only our epic falco fox matches were recorded :(

oh yeah also people if you go play smash mute the game and tell me if you can still hear the sounds :S or is this only prof haha

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
yeah thanks for hosting bishkin cant wait too see these matches put up man if only our epic falco fox matches were recorded :(

oh yeah also people if you go play smash mute the game and tell me if you can still hear the sounds :S or is this only prof haha
loool Some Tv's still produce a tiny bit of sound though when you put it on mute :(.

And yeah the fest was really good. Your improvement was very impressive JJlinyard, I was really suprised on how much you have just improved in general, I expect good things in the future lol.

And of course the sets which got recorded of me and VA were really fun and each one was close lol.

First set I won 3-2
Second set I won 3-2
Third set I won 4-3 loool.

I'm looking forward to seeing the matches when they get uploaded.

Top Bottom