• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Almas

Smash Lord
I'm up for getting ***** continually if you don't mind starting after I finish my studies at ~4. Today, that is.

If you're up for it I'd also like to try and persuade you to sample Project M. It's only missing 1-2 engine changes which are being actively worked on before it can be as close to a replica as we desire.

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Yo Almas - I read that you were working on a way of doing proper analogue inputs for stuff like l-cancelling and light shielding for P:M - how's that going?

Almas

Smash Lord
It's going okay, Dacacia, although someone else is doing a bulk of the work now - University is more or less taking up all of my time.

There are only two issues to overcome for Light Shielding/Soft L Cancelling; the first is the consideration that players may not have L/R set to shield. For example, if you have L set to Jump, then you shouldn't be able to Light Shield with it. The fix is tedious. The second is actually getting them to work, but that is significantly easier than it sounds; we already have an L-cancelling code in place, it just requires that it also detects the light press. Light Shield is clearly more tricky but probably not extremely so due to how shield strength is stored.

The only other major engine change that is required for P:M is something to do with Landing Detection. Apparently in Brawl your character 'lands' notably earlier than in Melee. Something to do with knees and feet. Either way, the most prestigious Brawl coder has agreed to work on it after he finishes a current project of his (to render my work obsolete; which is probably a good thing considering the low quality of it), so I doubt it being an issue.

Doubles at the tournament?

Almas

Smash Lord
Oh no, I meant 'do you want to double with me, Dacacia?'. After the **** we inflicted last time.

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
bishkin, you wretch. why haven't you uploaded the bo7 of me and prof?
Lol, I've been long with those. Editing videos is lame and time consuming, but I finally got around to it. They're on the upload now, should be done by tomorrow.

Btw what are you up to this weekend, cos I was thinking about maybe coming down Brighton to visit Joe

VA

Smash Hero
Lol, I've been long with those. Editing videos is lame and time consuming, but I finally got around to it. They're on the upload now, should be done by tomorrow.

Btw what are you up to this weekend, cos I was thinking about maybe coming down Brighton to visit Joe
awesome thank you bishkin, I take back the wretch comment. swizzy will be arriving on saturday so you should DEFINITELY come down for some games. I'll be rough all of saturday because term ends on friday. so yes come visit and play lots of smash saturday night at my place :)

j3ly

Smash Champion
bishkin just for the lulz:

could you state to the forum your age by any chance?

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
sorry bishy, im back in manchester now =/
Not you fool, smashysmashy! Will let you know next time I'm in Leeds though

awesome thank you bishkin, I take back the wretch comment. swizzy will be arriving on saturday so you should DEFINITELY come down for some games. I'll be rough all of saturday because term ends on friday. so yes come visit and play lots of smash saturday night at my place :)
Sweet will definitely try and make this

bishkin just for the lulz:

could you state to the forum your age by any chance?
Lol at the lulz.... There's nothing funny about my age, I am as old as I feel :p

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice

VA

Smash Hero
Yes, I worry all the time that I look like 30. Looking young is sick, only young noobs think it's bad.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
18 4 1 year?

gg's pro and VA thoroughly enjoyed watching them :)

also ty for giving meh lots of things to steal >=D
loool I didn't think we did much in there.

What are you gonna steal anyway whuich you saw from there lol?

That **** makes you wanna main peach
You see why I used to main peach now lol....reminds me of my peach :).

VA

Smash Hero
yeah those matches were kind of bleh

i think the fox set from southampton where you won 4-0 (somehow) was better. had some decent stuff in.

Top Bottom