• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Wanna play a game?

Everyone should add one element to this picture, one at a time, to create the Ultimate Smash Bros fighter.
Eventually if people do it right and build off of the previous edition, we will hopefully have something totally inconceivable and asinine.
Yay!

View attachment 173328

I feel ya.
I've been doing virtually nothing today cause I really don't feel up to anything but MS Paint and Photoshop apparently lol
I gave the lad a face.
my contribution.png

KMDP

Smash Legend
Wouldnt that end really bad with him, because he actually involved someone else in this AND probaly got this elses name blacklisted AND could be followed by a lawsuit
It would be a fitting end to an idiot who thinks that buying thousands of Rosalina Amiibos would stop Nintendo making them.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Okay okay okay I didn't think it through
Here's the base again:
1540841801384.png

Instead of adding a single element and building UP to a fighter, how about everyone just makes their own entire fighter so we can make a Smash Ultimate Discussion Thread roster.

The thread moves too fast to do it the other way and I don't wanna make another thread in Forum Games yet:laugh:

Last edited:

Chrono.

I'm assuming we're all just gonna wait for a direct? Not seeing much "productivity" here anymore.
Pretty much.

Nothing is gonna confirm or kill the leak conclusively more than a character reveal.

One reveal is all it takes.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Man. This Natedrake guy absolutely went off on people giving Insiders heck in some Spawncast. Even telling them to all go to hell.

Like,

... Jesus. Unbelievable tool. And if he ever sees this, I stand by it. You're not doing yourself any favours, even IF it's fake. Although a thought occurs to me. Would we really get big leaked info about this game of all things? And if so, how come SO many people seem to know about it? Some colossal tomfoolery if you ask me. But alas. This is absolutely terrible.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I've been thinking and came to an interesting conclusion. Resident Evil might be the biggest third party left that revolutionized gaming and has strong ties to Nintendo. Made horror games mainstream alongside Silent Hill and made the term 'Survival Horror', having seen it's fair share of Nintendo releases, including Nintendo getting the remake of the first game, Resident Evil 4 and Revelations first and even getting a DS version of the original. Considering the weaponry used it's possible to work around the no guns rule with knives and explosives. Only real issue is who to pick, Chris, Jill or Leon?
Ooo, ooo! Are we spawning a RE discussion??

*cracks knuckles*

OKAY. So.

As much as I love Chris and would take a bullet for the guy, he's not in the discussion. He's been well exposed through MvC3, UMvC3, MvCi and the rumored MvC4. He's also the only returning character they used in RE7. I think he's out.

The real debate is Jill vs. Leon.

Jill
For:
  • On the boxart for REmake, exclusive to Gamecube then Wii.
  • Main character of 3DS exclusive game, RE: Revelations.
  • Starred in games on Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS, Switch and even a failed GBC game.
  • Has a 2D fighting game moveset to draw from (MvC2 or MvC3, preferably 2, especially with Sakurai's insistence on using retro aesthetics for third parties)
  • The star of one of the most influential games in modern history.
Against:
  • Has already made multiple appearances in MvC.
  • Does not star in any currently announced game since Revelations.

Leon
For:
  • On the boxart for RE4, exclusive to Gamecube initially.
  • Main character of the only N64 RE game, RE2.
  • Starred in games on N64, Gamecube, Wii and GBC.
  • Benefits from Capcom wanting current promotion due to RE2's remake.
  • The star of one of the most praise-lauded games in modern history.
Against:
  • Has no previously established moveset to draw from.
  • Was never in a game exclusive to a Nintendo console since the PS2 version of RE4 was announced before the GCN version even released.

Personal preference? Jill.

More likely candidate? Eeehhhhhhhhh... I feel like Leon, if Capcom wanted to push him in negotiations for a RE character.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Okay okay okay I didn't think it through
Here's the base again:
View attachment 173342

Instead of adding a single element and building UP to a fighter, how about everyone just makes their own entire fighter so we can make a Smash Ultimate Discussion Thread roster.

The thread moves too fast to do it the other way and I don't wanna make another thread in Forum Games yet:laugh:
OC creation games?

MY ELEMENT

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just can't fathom how can there still be people on full fake mode and then act like they know more than anyone. I can't sincerely concieve this being fake unless the creator(s) of it have the greatest brains to ever exist in the history of mankind.
This is just ESRB all over again only this time with even more evidence backing it up. At this point it's the most likely scenario possible for me.
It wasn't until we got gameplay footage that I fully subscribed to the ESRB leak you know. The Grinch Leak has yet to get even close to surpassing the ESRB leak yet.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Did you not listen to the audio clip? All of the "industry insider personnel" (which includes that NeoNeoGAF moderator <- that is what Resetera is) is acting "holier than thou" because HIS references to the game makes him disbelieve the leak. The problem with these pompous ***** is that it is entirely possible for their source to have given them OUTDATED and/or leakbaited info, something that all of them refuse to accept.
Forgive me for being this ignorant, it's just that the audio isn't working right now.

D

Deleted member

Just because the text leak's similar to the image leak doesnt mean everything has to be true
I'm late to replying, so sorry about that, but it's not that its similar. It was a month before and it was exact. It's supposedly the leaker of the banner himself. Or so I remember reading. I'd bring it up as reference, but with how fast everything was going, it could be anywhere within the last 500 pages of a different thread entirely.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
I get it. Sometimes this place can go a bit of the deep end.
Still prefer this place to Serenes Forest
I've never been on Serenes Forest, but... seeing how the FE community is and what little posts I saw from there...

Yeah, I guess we're still good lol

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
So about ACP, no connection has been found between them and Nintendo as of yet, correct? Even so, is it outside the realm of possibility that they simply wouldn't share their client information publicly until after a contract has closed? I image if their business is to create promotional materials for major video game and film companies, broadcasting that they've landed a contract would invite all kinds of harassers and snoopers and the like. In my mind, discretion would be a selling point when working in these kinds of businesses.

Second, even if Nintendo does manage the marketing of their own game (which makes plenty of sense), isn't it common practice to outsource the production of promotional material to companies like ACP and Marina? I've seen people argue that third party companies wouldn't handle the marketing, but graphic design and printing of cardboard signs and whatever is just normal business. As I understand.
Somebody posted a website earlier where we could get more info for a certain amount of money but I can't find it. I'm willing to pay guys, help me out here.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Ooo, ooo! Are we spawning a RE discussion??

*cracks knuckles*

OKAY. So.

As much as I love Chris and would take a bullet for the guy, he's not in the discussion. He's been well exposed through MvC3, UMvC3, MvCi and the rumored MvC4. He's also the only returning character they used in RE7. I think he's out.

The real debate is Jill vs. Leon.

Jill
For:
  • On the boxart for REmake, exclusive to Gamecube then Wii.
  • Main character of 3DS exclusive game, RE: Revelations.
  • Starred in games on Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS, Switch and even a failed GBC game.
  • Has a 2D fighting game moveset to draw from (MvC2 or MvC3, preferably 2, especially with Sakurai's insistence on using retro aesthetics for third parties)
  • The star of one of the most influential games in modern history.
Against:
  • Has already made multiple appearances in MvC.
  • Does not star in any currently announced game since Revelations.

Leon
For:
  • On the boxart for RE4, exclusive to Gamecube initially.
  • Main character of the only N64 RE game, RE2.
  • Starred in games on N64, Gamecube, Wii and GBC.
  • Benefits from Capcom wanting current promotion due to RE2's remake.
  • The star of one of the most praise-lauded games in modern history.
Against:
  • Has no previously established moveset to draw from.
  • Was never in a game exclusive to a Nintendo console since the PS2 version of RE4 was announced before the GCN version even released.

Personal preference? Jill.

More likely candidate? Eeehhhhhhhhh... I feel like Leon, if Capcom wanted to push him in negotiations for a RE character.
I want Leon to have his day man. Jill and Chris have had their moments in MvC, Leon has yet to shine.

I thnk RE 4 is also very important to keep in mind. That game's become a cult classic for the Gamecube.

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
I can kinda see it as a collector's item, but even then. The N64 itself is the superior collectors' item, wouldn't you say?

People put their money where they want to put their money. The mini console business is clearly skyrocketing. But I prefer having my setup how it is now. And there's no way they'll make a decent Sega Saturn mini considering they haven't made a good Genesis one in like eight tries, so.
Holy **** you're good

For real, this mini craze has been funny as **** to me. I have a Super Famicom, and while I'm only really starting to build up a collection (I got Jerry Boy, DKC, Super Mario RPG, and SMT2 so far), each has been maybe £10 a pop. I can build my own, personal library specified to my taste for only a little more than the SNES mini, which just picks for me and totally dodges the obscurities that are the real fun of old consoles.

I'm also incredibly far gone into collecting, with over 150 PS2 games as my pride and joy, so I'm a bit biased but still

D

Deleted member

I've never been on Serenes Forest, but... seeing how the FE community is and what little posts I saw from there...

Yeah, I guess we're still good lol
Trust me, you haven't missed anything. I'd tell you all about it, but I don't think this is the place for it.

I've been asleep for a bit - and I'm wondering - what's the take on MarioTehPlumber being behind this? From what I gather, he covered the "Chadondorf" leak, and he had a video thumbnail with the leaked characters that dropped pretty near the date of the Grinch leak happening. I know it sounds silly, but this is the guy who bought 100-200 Rosalinas amiibos just because he didn't want people to have her.

The stuff there is a coincidence but admittedly he's a either insane or a troll so idk. I'm sure it's been talked about here but I don't know the consensus.
I could see the leak being real or fake, but the idea of MTP making the leak is ****ing hilarious. He's just a pathetic attention seeking *****. Just watching his video, he sounded uneducated as hell. He's mentally on the level of a 13 year old. Do people seriously think he's anywhere near intelligent enough to make a basic, obvioulsy fake leak, let alone something as huge as the Grinch leak? You ****** make me ****ing laugh.

(Also, I doubt Chadondorf is the same person as the Grinch leaker)

EDIT: And people seriously belive Nintendo would give him insider info? With the history he has?

Last edited:

G Rank Zinogre

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sgt. ZinogreVolt
Stands to reason that they wouldn't give away their client, especially if this whole thing turns out to be real. Given that today's a business day and they still haven't put out any sort of statement regarding this whole fiasco when Marina was pretty timely about it, I think their behavoir now is rather suspect.

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
Somebody posted a website earlier where we could get more info for a certain amount of money but I can't find it. I'm willing to pay guys, help me out here.
The site gave me virus threats so I backed out of there real fast, I wouldn't trust that at all it's too shady. Don't risk your credit card info for some potential news of a game that is gonna come out in about a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom