• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
My cat’s health suddenly took a turn for the worse early this morning, and within an hour and a half, I was walking out of the vet with a euthanised cat in tow. And now I’m just...really looking forward to the direct. For some excitement. For some more news from my favorite game series.

And you know, as tough as it is to go through putting a pet down, that could never compare to losing a friend or family member, which can be made especially bitter when they were video game fans, or outright looking forward to Ultimate (that guy’s brother who died of cancer shortly after getting the chance to play Ultimate, as well as a Redditor who made a post yesterday about the sudden loss of his sister both come to mind).
...Aw... Sorry for your loss.

The thing about pets is that it can be almost as bad as losing a friend or family member, because to some they are a member of the family (it's just that we're more prepared for their deaths because their lives are more fleeting).

People say cats are always aloof, but they can actually be extremely affectionate (especially the cats that my family usually has, out of the seven we've had, only one of them hasn't been an affectionate cat, and that was because he was a stray we adopted, he disappeared last winter, unfortunately).

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I’ll just say this: Since we’re 24 hours away from the direct, I have no doubt that Nintendo is pushing out leak bait right now to try to stop info from getting out. However, who knows what’s leak bait and what isn’t. We’ll only find that out tomorrow.
Wait... Zelda is owned by Nintendo... they're faking news... the Triforce is made of triangles... Illuminati confirmed.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Any news?

New insider info?

New Grinch info?

edit: if there's a crazy 3rd-party reveal, I bet it's Sora at the VGA's.
im not sure, but after sleeping on it (hi im back by the way) i realized that if the grinch leak is real, it'd make sense for nintendo to give false info to trickle down to the insiders just to make sure nothing gets out from these credible sources. it wouldnt be like nintendo to just let insiders leak as much big news as the grinch leak holds, at least imo. so i have revived hype

Alaskalana

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Alaskalana
3DS FC
4871-7882-0999
Switch FC
SW-2013-3915-8713
My Pre-Smash Direct Predictions:
-Spirits Mode overview reveal, along with new boss battle reveals. My bets are on: Carmilla (Rondo of Blood, but not naked), Kid Dracula, Dr. Eggman, Dr. Wily, Yellow Devil, Robot Masters Gauntlet, Rayquaza, Wart, Taboo, New Master/Crazy Hand form, etc.
-Single-Player Mode reveals: Smash Run 2.0? Event Mode. Trophy overview. Break the Targets. Board the Platform? Home-Run Contest. Training Mode. Etc etc
-Special Smash overview reveal.
-Online Mode overview reveal. Technicalities of it all, for glory overhaul, for fun, spectator, online lobby, etc.
-Final Stage Count: 108. I really think it'll get there.
-Final Character reveals. Including: Isaac, Geno, Ken, Pokemon?, Chorus Kids, Shadow, etc?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
What if this was the online experience:

Two modes: Party Smash and Ranked Smash

Party Smash
- join a lobby of 32 people, friends seamlessly join your lobby
- game modes include: Smash (with rotating rules), Home run contest, target blast and multi-man smash. 8 player battles can be opted-in to individually (to deal with lag)
- voice chat with friends

Ranked Smash
- 1v1 or 2v2 matches
- Your win rate is converted into a numerical value on a competitive ladder
- voice chat with friends

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
For ****'s sake in an hour and a single post I got 26 alerts, **** like this makes me skip to the latest page. Either something happened or I just attracted more people feeling attacked when I say "Whiny assholes who still ***** about something 3 years after despite it being better for them". Wonder why people feel addressed when I specifically call out the terrible ass apples cause this certainly ain't the first time

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
DMC5's producer said he is not in Smash
Yes cause someone under NDA will go

“Yep you got me guys Dante’s in. Guess I’m going to jail for breaking NDA now. But it was worth it right?”

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
My Pre-Smash Direct Predictions:
-Spirits Mode overview reveal, along with new boss battle reveals. My bets are on: Carmilla (Rondo of Blood, but not naked), Kid Dracula, Dr. Eggman, Dr. Wily, Yellow Devil, Robot Masters Gauntlet, Rayquaza, Wart, Taboo, New Master/Crazy Hand form, etc.
-Single-Player Mode reveals: Smash Run 2.0? Event Mode. Trophy overview. Break the Targets. Board the Platform? Home-Run Contest. Training Mode. Etc etc
-Special Smash overview reveal.
-Online Mode overview reveal. Technicalities of it all, for glory overhaul, for fun, spectator, online lobby, etc.
-Final Stage Count: 108. I really think it'll get there.
-Final Character reveals. Including: Isaac, Geno, Ken, Pokemon?, Chorus Kids, Shadow, etc?
Yes. Stages: something from Golden Sun, something from
Less then 24 hours to go. Hope you guys can keep your sanity until it airs. :p
No. We can't.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Could you imagine that in less than 24 hours this website is most likely going to crash?
Woah, I can't believe all the Staff Members died and left ownership of the Board to Crash Bandicoot in their collective will.

WOAH!

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
My cat’s health suddenly took a turn for the worse early this morning, and within an hour and a half, I was walking out of the vet with a euthanised cat in tow. And now I’m just...really looking forward to the direct. For some excitement. For some more news from my favorite game series.

And you know, as tough as it is to go through putting a pet down, that could never compare to losing a friend or family member, which can be made especially bitter when they were video game fans, or outright looking forward to Ultimate (that guy’s brother who died of cancer shortly after getting the chance to play Ultimate, as well as a Redditor who made a post yesterday about the sudden loss of his sister both come to mind).

And regardless of what ends up being revealed tomorrow, any disappointments or character dreams left unrealized could never compare to real-life losses, so with that in mind, I ask a few simple things:

If your most-wanted character is deconfirmed tomorrow, be disappointed, but don’t let that disappointment sour the rest of your hype for the game.

And if your most-wanted character is confirmed, don’t use that as a chance to say “I TOLD YOU SO” to strangers on the internet, as if that’s the reason why you wanted that character in the first place. Instead, simply celebrate your dream being realized along with others who feel the same as you do.

If a leak, or insider, or expectation people have chosen to put faith in is proven wrong, don’t use that as an opportunity to rub anything in anyone’s face, as if your own expectations were anything more than speculation and hope like everyone else’s.

But above all, let’s just be thankful that we will be there to enjoy tomorrow, remembering that - regardless of what is revealed - we will be getting 40 minutes of brand-new Smash info and character reveals, which will do nothing but add to an already-stellar lineup of characters, modes, stages, and music.

I firmly believe Sakurai will be giving it his all to make this an amazing direct, and so long as we maintain the proper perspective, we have every reason to be very excited.
Sorry to hear about your cat, I love animals and I treat all of mine as part of the family, it really is heartbreaking to lose them, but here’s hoping everything will get better from here on out.

Starbound

The thing is, they all think its fake for the assumed same reasons: Incineroar/Missing ATs/"That character isn't in the game". That part pretty much is consistent. Even Vergeben, who leaked Incineroar, is saying "Isaac AT" now. Like it looks like to me they all share the same source saying the same things.

The argument is we don't know if its true or not, regardless.
Yeah, that much is also true

Assuming the banner is fake, after the direct tomorrow, we should be better able to see how they all piece together.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Dude, **** the Grinch leak, if Dante is in I literally won’t care if none of those characters are in
I will be so ****ing hype I actually won’t know what to do with myself

D

Deleted member

Just remember; even if your most wanted doesn't get in there's still a lot to love about this game. Literally one of the biggest rosters in video games ever, how can you be disappointed in this? lol

D

Deleted member

*lists Gothitelle but not Gardevoir*

Um... you and I are going to have to have a talk. (Not really, I'm just joking)

I'd say Chorus Kids would be Normal/Fairy.

You could make a case for Dark Samus being Bug/Dark (she's a reborn Metroid after all).
Subtle ****-posting is the best kind of ****-posting, though.

As for Dark Samus; you are right; totally forgot that. She'd also be the first Dark/Bug type lol. I remember the speculation for the 666th pokemon would be dark, but nope; its a butterfly/moth thing that evolves with a different pattern depending on the region your game is associated with.

D

Deleted member

And regardless of what ends up being revealed tomorrow, any disappointments or character dreams left unrealized could never compare to real-life losses, so with that in mind, I ask a few simple things:

If your most-wanted character is deconfirmed tomorrow, be disappointed, but don’t let that disappointment sour the rest of your hype for the game.

And if your most-wanted character is confirmed, don’t use that as a chance to say “I TOLD YOU SO” to strangers on the internet, as if that’s the reason why you wanted that character in the first place. Instead, simply celebrate your dream being realized along with others who feel the same as you do.

If a leak, or insider, or expectation people have chosen to put faith in is proven wrong, don’t use that as an opportunity to rub anything in anyone’s face, as if your own expectations were anything more than speculation and hope like everyone else’s.

But above all, let’s just be thankful that we will be there to enjoy tomorrow, remembering that - regardless of what is revealed - we will be getting 40 minutes of brand-new Smash info and character reveals, which will do nothing but add to an already-stellar lineup of characters, modes, stages, and music.

I firmly believe Sakurai will be giving it his all to make this an amazing direct, and so long as we maintain the proper perspective, we have every reason to be very excited.
Sorry about your loss dude. Stay strong.

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Just remember; even if your most wanted doesn't get in there's still a lot to love about this game. Literally one of the biggest rosters in video games ever, how can you be disappointed in this? lol
My most wanted is in, it's Simon ****in Belmont ! :shades:

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yup I'll surely be bummed if Banjo, Elma or Medusa don't make the cut but won't complain because in the end this is Sakurai's game. That and I'm already happy with King K. Rool and Ridley.

Last edited:

777Laser

Smash Apprentice
The banner is probably real and all the insiders have probably been tipped to discredit to protect sources. I think if it is confirmed tomorrow they'll all come out and say they knew but had to keep it under wraps.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
If Terry Crews is not playable I will be LIVID. :p

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
If I were Sakurai I wouldn't reveal any of the characters tomorrow. I'd do a secret December 6 Direct at midnight with all of the character trailers.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Plot twist:

Not only do Sora and Geno share a trailer,

But so does Dante and Phoenix Wright. Dante is charged with murder and Phoenix Wright has to bust him out

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
I'm happy regardless of the remaining roster because K. Rool, Ridley, Dark Samus are all in alongside Wolf returning. Couldn't be happier with those characters in. Banjo, Mach Rider, Rayman, Black Shadow would all be icing on the cake.

TheBlue10

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SweetBlueMemory
3DS FC
2466-7799-9439
Switch FC
SW 2878-1317-0108
Well jeez thanks for the idea fellas

Mammal: :ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ultfox::ultganondorf::ulticeclimbers::ultike::ultisabelle::ultjigglypuff::ultlink::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmewtwo::ultmiifighters::ultness::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer::ultrobin::ultroy::ultchrom::ultryu::ultsamus::ultsheik::ultshulk::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultsonic::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf::ultyounglink::ultzelda::ultzss:

Reptile: :ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultcorrin::ultkrool::ultpokemontrainer::ultridley:

Bird: :ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultkingdedede::ultsamus::ultzss::ultyoshi:

Amphibian: :ultgreninja:

Invertebrate: :ultinkling::ultdarksamus:

Not organic: :ultmegaman::ultrob:
Unnatural organism: :ultbayonetta::ultrosalina::ultpalutena::ultpit::ultdarkpit:

What: :ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultgnw::ultpacman::ultolimar:
uuh
Bayo's a human tho
So she'd be in the mammals category.

Starbound

Here's a theory:

The Wendy's vine thing is a spirit, and they're a new collectible that replaces spirits like GameXplain has been hinting at.

Polar Bair

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jac398
Why do people keep bringing up Sora, again? Did someone say he was coming? I think Sora is basically off the table bc of Disney, but I guess there aren't many potential characters to discuss. We're just sorta waiting for the direct, and outside of the 7 there's not much to talk about...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom