• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
uhm actually *pushes up glasses* he's a wyvern because he's got two legs and two wings
sorry
Wyverns, under many definitions, are a type of dragon. Of course dragons being fictional creatures are generally poorly defined so there's still some room for debate, but I think it's generally fair to count wyverns among them.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
" *Insert Random Virtual Assistant Name here* , this is so sad can you please play *Insert Overly Meme'd pop song title here*"

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
PICK ONE for Square Enix DLC:

Crono
Sora
Geno
Dragon Quest Rep.
Final Fantasy Rep.
Lenneth

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
This...now this is beauty.
View attachment 174748

Lol JK this roster sucks and Ultimate is just a port. I can't believe they picked Mr.Game&Watch over Bubsy the Bobcat. I give it a 7.8/10 too much anime.
:4pacman:
I like how the DLC vets in 4 are grouped together unintentionally.

So my DLC prediction List:

Lloyd Irving
DQ Hero/Sora/Lara
Banjo
Ryu Hayabusa
Crash

Iridium

Smash Hero
Funnily enough, I don't think I even saw Saki Amamiya anywhere at all! He might have a chance...

Pour one out for the Isaac and Shadow fans, though.

Chrono.

It's kinda funny, my two most wanted characters are still technically in the running (Tails and Lloyd), I just don't have much faith in them actually getting into the game.

Well Tails anyway, Lloyd is more probable.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Wait a minute. What the heck is that sprout item supposed to be now that we know it isn't related to Golden Sun?

Was Piranha Plant leaked this whole time and we didn't know it? :estatic:

KamikazePotato

Smash Journeyman
Right, Skull Kid, the character that virtually no one seemed to care about until August and still wouldn't really be talked about if not for loz.

How about Ashley, Bomberman, Shovel Knight, Takamaru, Mimikyu, Captain Toad, etc? Or have we already forgotten who people were big on prior to the last few weeks?
Frankly speaking, none of those characters were on the level of the ones deconfirmed today. They had their supporters just not as many.

The context of the timing is also being completely ignored. Those characters were deconfirmed early in the game's hype cycle. People knew they weren't going to be in for a very long time, and they weren't strung along. The popular characters deconfirmed today had months to worry before being told No, because **** us I guess.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Wait a minute. What the heck is that sprout item supposed to be now that we know it isn't related to Golden Sun?

It's just... a sprout.

You apparently throw it at teammates and it slowly heals them.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
The reason I don’t like Piranha Plant is because it’s the epitome of a generic, random enemy. Even among Mario’s rouge gallery, Piranha Plants are obstacles, not characters. They exist to be run past and avoided. And here, one’s being toted among a huge, end-all-be-all roster in place of
SO
MANY
others that deserve the spotlight more, at least in my eyes.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master

It was actually related the the Healing Field after all this time.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'm still going back and forth on PP - it's hysterical and ridiculous, but it is totally unnecessary (Hammer Bro would have been cooler, just saying). Still, I also am really looking forward to playing it.

I'm really hoping that 5 sets of character/stage/music aren't all of the DLC. I really would like to see DLC costumes for the standard characters, and some extra echo DLCs would also be great. It does make me wonder if, since Bayo/Cloud/Ryu came with trophies in Sm4sh, will the DLC packs also bring in more spirits? Or free spirit updates?

Of course, the dream is Dovahkiin. I'm still interested in seeing what it means that Bethesda talked to Nintendo about Smash, but if the DLC characters have already been decided, the timelines aren't lining up (Skyrim Switch was announced at the Switch's release trailer in October 16, so unless Sakurai had the knowledge about it, it's a bit late).

I'd assume that Sora, Banjo, and Bandana Dee are probably the likeliest at this point, but considering that I also assumed that a Piranha Plant would never even be considered, my guesses are way off. This'll definitely be an interesting ride, that's for sure...

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings

It's a Smash-original Healing Sprout. On the main site.

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
There are only 10

And it's Pokemon. The most successful media franchise and has hundreds of candidates.
All deserve their spots IMO. except for Pichu and Lucario... I can't see Inceneroar and greninja sticking around for the next game tho.

cothero

Smash Lord
After Piranha Plant, is really hard to imagine what will come next as DLC, so there's no point trying to predict it. Altought, Vergeben said there's some Minecraft content and a Square Enix rep coming, so Geno chance's not dead yet... Or it is?

gino.jpg

Sorry, i couldn't help it. :troll:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Funnily enough, I don't think I even saw Saki Amamiya anywhere at all! He might have a chance...

Pour one out for the Isaac and Shadow fans, though.
Oh no, I forgot about him. I just assumed he would be safe since he made it back last time.

It always sucks when they completely axe a series. One of the best parts of the ATs is that it can give some attention to smaller series that otherwise would get no spotlight. It also looks like the Infantry & Tanks from AW might be gone. :(

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Nobody is complaining about Pihrahna Plant? Wow.
Honestly. I’m happy he’s in. Heck, I’m happy as long as we get new fighters.
As annoyed as I am with the circumstances that it got in (and yeah I'm REALLY ANNOYED on that front), I'm seriously considering picking up Piranha Plant.
His moveset actually looks pretty fun.

So how is everyone feeling? Any predictions on are 5 DLC fighters?
I think I might have a good idea on who makes it in.

1. Elma- We got close to NO content from Xenoblade X. The only thing we got was a single spirit. While this obviously means that X wasn't forgotten, it's even more strange... considering Xenoblade 2, a game that was announced a year after the project plan, got a considerable amount of content.

2. Bandana Waddle Dee- One of the most popular 1st party picks that have still not been deconfirmed. It's clear that Sakurai still favors Kirby in some regard (he was the only one to survive the beginning of World of Light). And considering that Piranha Plant is in, you can't use the excuse of "generic enemy" anymore.

3. Sora/Geno- Considering NOTHING that Vergeben has said has been outright deconfirmed, a Square rep is almost certain. I personally think Sora has the better shot, but Geno is still very likely.

4.Banjo-Kazooie/Steve- Like with Square rep, Vergeben said that some from of Minecraft content will be in the game. This would point more to Steve, since all DLC characters are tied to a stage. Banjo, however, is arguably the most requested character that has nothing going against him, so either could be possible

5. I'm not sure about 5. Could be anyone honestly. Unlike with Sora/Geno, I can see both Banjo & Steve getting in, so the other could take this slot.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Surprised that we lost trophies (I already miss them), but I'll have to do with what we got in Spirits. I'm also loving the new replay features too.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You guys really think that Geno is coming huh? Not even Rex made as DLC
That's a terrible argument. Rex was made into a costume because it was too late for him to have a shot. Geno was released 22 years ago. Big difference.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Y'all need to stop being crybabies So what if your Chracther didnt get announced or there an assist trophy dont be mad at sakurai that your Chracther didnt get in and stop believing leaks and getting your hopes I'm glad the Grinch leak was fake to teach Y'all a lesson

Potato_

Smash Lord
My bets for DLC:

Dee
Sora/Geno
Banjo
Rex (Mii costume doesn't mean anything, calm down guys.)
????

Shroob

Sup?
I honestly find it funny how we're taking the Box Theory being right of all things better than Piranha Plant.

I don't....think we're ever allowed to try to tap into Sakurai's thought process ever again. That thing is an eldritch abyss of unworldly thoughts and ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom