• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I've clearly been here since before even you. Lol.

So why are you treating me like I haven't seen anything?

Look. Why am I a bad guy for simply saying everyone needs to be nicer to one another?

Jesus christ. This board sometimes.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
MoH doesn’t seem like the kind of guy who would intentionally lead people on with a fake leak, and he doesn’t seem to have a record of reporting every other “leak” for clicks on his videos, so I’m fairly inclined to believe his information. I’m assuming he/the informant pointed out DH, Bayo, and Shulk because they’re the most “unexpected” characters that are present in the E3 demo.

(also it’s super obvious that those characters weren’t going anywhere, so this isn’t big news anyways)

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
MoH doesn’t seem like the kind of guy who would intentionally lead people on with a fake leak, and he doesn’t seem to have a record of reporting every other “leak” for clicks on his videos, so I’m fairly inclined to believe his information. I’m assuming he/the informant pointed out DH, Bayo, and Shulk because they’re the most “unexpected” characters that are present in the E3 demo.
Oh, that's true. If those three characters are in the E3 demo, that'd be pretty unexpected, considering none of them (besides arguably Duck Hunt) are big name characters by any means.

Anyway, I'm with you. MoH doesn't seem like the type to fool people like this. There's the possibility that his information is fake, but he just believes it's real, but I dunno. I think it's pretty safe to believe him right now.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I've clearly been here since before even you. Lol.

So why are you treating me like I haven't seen anything?

Look. Why am I a bad guy for simply saying everyone needs to be nicer to one another?

Jesus christ. This board sometimes.
I appreciate the sentiment, but you know... maybe don’t call people “rude and disgusting” for not sharing your viewpoint, regardless of what it is. That’s like the opposite of what you’re trying to force on other people, and it’s really not helping your case, pal.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I don't know if they are in the demo, but if you listen to the video he mentions those characters because props/statues of those characters will be on the floor plan for E3 (A light gun for Duck Hunt, the Monado for Shulk). Also E3 being half Pokemon and Smash is just referring to the Floor Plan, similar to how last E3 was modeled after New Donk City despite other games being shown.

Just restating because it doesn't sound like he knows much more than that. Idk what's up with the battlefield stage image...
Maybe those characters are in the demo, but they definitely have props related to them on the floor.

D

Deleted member

That's....like nothing.

This is honestly the safest leak in the history of ever.

It's like a girl saying ''I'm gonna send you a suggestive picture." and it's just her showing you her shoulder blade.
Woah now....

...no need to get racy in here.... -sweating-

Keep it PG-13.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I appreciate the sentiment, but you know... maybe don’t call people “rude and disgusting” for not sharing your viewpoint, regardless of what it is. That’s like the opposite of what you’re trying to force on other people, and it’s really not helping your case, pal.
I mean I'm blunt. I'm sorry I try I do guys.

But usually word vomit is out like lightning, because I do personally find it rude to voice your negative opinion in a way that's gonna potentially cause some feelings of some type to be caught.

You know very well what you're about to say is gonna cause a storm but you say it anyways.

You'll probably say ''But that is the very thing blunt is." But no. No it's really not. Bluntness can sometimes come from a place of well meaning. Nothing about what a detractor usually does is well meaning.

I also find it weird to defend someone who intentionally says something negative in a really overly and intentionally venom filled way, so I will state that. And I'm sorry if someone gets pissed off because of that.

I probably shouldn't have called him rude and disgusting for defending detractors however. That was overstepping, but I still find it weird anyone could personally find it okay to word your negative opinion so harshly that it might hurt someone else's feelings.

It's not even that it's Bayonetta anymore. I actually really don't give a flying **** what anyone thinks about her.

But like just be nicer to one another. That's. All. I'm. Saying.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Wooh, this is got pretty heated fast.

The leak, real or not, is still very safe. Bayonetta is practically a given to be coming back after all, same goes for Shulk and to an extent, Duck Hunt.

So its probably just accurate but nothing more. I really wish we do get more news on new characters or stages soon, leak or official.

D

Deleted member

I just hope that when I am in bed, Nintendo jumps to my bed and tells me that Smash Bros. Switch Direct is coming.
And then I jump out of bed in joy.

That Battlefield picture does look a little.... fake though. Too not HD.
Considering the Switch is more powerful than the Wii U.

So that image is supposed to be pointing down. . .so wtf are we looking at then? The circle on the right side looks like it should be the center of the stage, but if that were true battlefield would have to look extremely small this time around. Is this supposed to just be a promotional piece or something? Because the stage can't be that small. . .The distance between the edge and the center circle is about 2 characters long. Even as a prop it would look weird as **** :dizzy:

:061:

Last edited:

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
Can we address how silly it is that anyone thinks that a character having an amiibo boosts their chances?
Shovel knight and Solaire are not going to be in this game. Having a game on a Nintendo console doesn’t make you that much more likely either like Skyrim or Doom.
It’s not like amiibos are a smash exclusive thing either, I just never understood this mindset.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I also find it weird to defend someone who intentionally says some negative in a really overly and intentional venom filled way, so I will state that. And I'm sorry if someone gets pissed off because of that.

I probably shouldn't have called him rude and disgusting for defending detractors however. That was overstepping, but I still find it weird anyone could personally find it okay to word your negative opinion so harshly that it might hurt someone else's feelings
No harm done dude.
Also, I don't defend his opinion, because I don't agree, but i defended him because everyone is entilded to it's opinion, In my end, I like Bayonetta and just wish as many characters to come back-
Beside, I don't know how someone saying "I don't want her in the base roster but as DLC" could hurt anyone's feeling, and how it's filled with Venom.
But really, just chill, we're just a bunch of people nerding out on what is basically a Fanfiction Deviantart Fighting game crossover at this point.

Nah, the real problem with this leak is that the photo isn't tilted and blurry enough.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think we are just desperate for more information about Smash Bros Switch and we look for every single person under the sun to give us some news.

But that's just me.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I mean I'm blunt. I'm sorry I try I do guys.

But usually word vomit is out like lightning, because I do personally find it rude to voice your negative opinion in a way that's gonna potentially cause some feelings of some type to be caught.

You know very well what you're about to say is gonna cause a storm but you say it anyways.

You'll probably say ''But that is the very thing blunt is." But no. No it's really not. Bluntness can sometimes come from a place of well meaning. Nothing about what a detractor usually does is well meaning.

I also find it weird to defend someone who intentionally says something negative in a really overly and intentionally venom filled way, so I will state that. And I'm sorry if someone gets pissed off because of that.

I probably shouldn't have called him rude and disgusting for defending detractors however. That was overstepping, but I still find it weird anyone could personally find it okay to word your negative opinion so harshly that it might hurt someone else's feelings.

It's not even that it's Bayonetta anymore. I actually really don't give a flying **** what anyone thinks about her.

But like just be nicer to one another. That's. All. I'm. Saying.
Genuine question: Was what I said really that offensive? Or are you more just expressing overall frustration?

If this is all based off of my DLC comment, then I sincerely apologize.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I just hope that when I am in bed, Nintendo jumps to my bed and tells me that Smash Bros. Switch Direct is coming.
And then I jump out of bed in joy.

When do directs normally get announced? Like is it in the morning in America? I check mornings usually but I'm not actually sure when they've been normally announced, like can we expect an announcement in the afternoon?

(So starved for information I'm speculating Nintendo Direct Announcements )

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Genuine question: Was what I said really that offensive? Or are you more just expressing overall frustration?

If this is all based off of my DLC comment, then I sincerely apologize.
I mean your comment isn't the worst thing I've ever seen, but it's still weird to wish that a whole group of fans have to wait for DLC just to play their character because you don't want to have to play her to 100 percent the game as if playing her really is going to cause you physical harm.

It's just silly.

But it's mostly overall frustration about the situation with her and other characters in this fandom.

D

Deleted member

Can we address how silly it is that anyone thinks that a character having an amiibo boosts their chances?
Agreed. An amiibo neither boosts nor hinders a character's chances. All it does is provide an alternative amiibo to use for when the character is in Smash such as the Inklings and potentially Shovel Kn-

Shovel knight and Solaire are not going to be in this game.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
Agreed. An amiibo neither boosts nor hinders a character's chances. All it does is provide an alternative amiibo to use for when the character is in Smash such as the Inklings and potentially Shovel Kn-

I wouldn’t be against it I just don’t personally see it happening, didn’t mean to offend!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
People use amiibo as a sign of a characters success because it's publicity and marketing that Nintendo and if third party? Their parent company is putting out into the world.

Almost the entire cast of Shovel Knight have amiibos now. That's really Yacht Club games saying ''We know you like our game here have this 12 dollar statues."

Good marketing means the character is in the public eye and thus more likely to be someone who is someone who is gonna go ''Oh yeah that guy!" when they're revealed for Smash Brothers.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
We're like hungry dogs in here, snapping at each other.

But then again, I saw a Spy Kids gif so ya'll are ok.

But the leak is silly, anyone with half a brain can make that.

And I really do mean half a brain, there was a guy who raised a family and held a job with less than half a brain. It's true!
:233:

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Whoops, new discussion topic:

This whole thing with MoH got me thinking, what do you think the E3 build’s roster is going to look like this year ? Forget the launch roster; let’s switch it up and predict the characters that are going to be playable on the show floor.

For reference, 2014’s E3 roster (used for the Invitational, Smashfest, and the E3 showfloor) was:
-Mario
-Donkey Kong
-Bowser
-Link
-Samus
-Kirby
-Pikachu
-Marth
-Fox
-Pit
-Zelda
-Sonic
-Olimar
-Zero Suit Samus
-Mega Maaaaaaaaaaaan
-Little Mac
-Villager
-WFT
-Greninja
-Rosalina

edit: minor text fixes

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So that image is supposed to be pointing down. . .so wtf are we looking at then? The circle on the right side looks like it should be the center of the stage, but if that were true battlefield would have to look extremely small this time around. Is this supposed to just be a promotional piece or something? Because the stage can't be that small. . .The distance between the edge and the center circle is about 2 characters long. Even as a prop it would look weird as **** :dizzy:

:061:
Your comment got me thinking about it too so I patched together what the full stage *might* roughly look like based off the tiny bit of a circle in the pic. Pardon my absolutely terrible image editing skills though.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

This whole thing with MoH got me thinking, what do you think the E3 build’s roster is going to look like this year ? Forget the launch roster; let’s switch it up and predict the characters that are going to be playable on the show floor.

For reference, 2014’s E3 roster was:
-Mario
-Donkey Kong
-Bowser
-Link
-Samus
-Kirby
-Pikachu
-Marth
-Fox
-Pit
-Zelda
-Sonic
-Olimar
-Zero Suit Samus
-Mega Maaaaaaaaaaaan
-Little Mac
-Villager
-WFT
-Greninja
-Rosalina

edit: minor text fixes
-Mario
-Pikachu
-Link
-Samus
-DK
-Bowser
-Ike
-Fox
-Kirby
-Pit
-Inklings
-Ice Climbers
-???
-???
-???
:233:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Your comment got me thinking about it too so I patched together what the full stage *might* roughly look like based off the tiny bit of a circle in the pic. Pardon my absolutely terrible image editing skills though.
This is what Sakurai has reduced us to.

Putting together images like we're assembling a boxed puzzle.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Hey, everyone. I took all the lists from that Zelda question I asked earlier and awarded points based on the order you guys placed them in. I gave 10 points to the character ranked highest and deducted a single point for each rank that followed. Here's what we ended up with.

Impa - 78
Toon Zelda - 66
Midna - 60
Champions - 59
Tingle - 57
Skull Kid - 52
Pig Ganon - 38
Young Link - 35
Ghirahim - 28
Lana - 23

I was actually really surprised by this outcome.

So despite failing to get in Smash 4 after her SS appearance and having her older incarnation appear in BotW, you guys still seem to have the most faith in Impa. Most of the reasons given to me involved her frequent appearances among the Zelda games and her moveset potential. Not all that surprising, but still interesting.

Following Impa, we have Toon Zelda. Many of you explained that she would make sense because we already have Toon Link in Smash and because Sakurai has already considered her once before in Brawl. Not gonna lie, this one shocked me.

Coming in third was Midna, who according to you guys, would be a great addition because she's one of the more iconic one-off characters in the Zelda universe. Not surprised at all by her placement.

The Champions ended up ranking fourth. Many of you noted that BotW taking the focus of this Smash game and the Champions' high relevancy gives them a boost in likeliness. However, more than a few of you think it's unlikely that we'll see a Champion because all four are equal in importance, and also because they seem better-suited for BotW Zelda's moveset.

Tingle takes fifth place, placing him on the lower end of the more likely characters. His frequent appearances and iconicness were noted, on top of some doubt that he'd actually get in over more relevant and more popular Zelda characters.

Skull Kid comes in at sixth, surprisingly getting beaten by Tingle. Lots of people noted his iconicness in the Zelda universe. However, many seem to think his time to get in Smash has long since passed. Honestly, I didn't think he'd do this poorly.

Pig Ganon snagged seventh and took a notable 14 point dip following Skull Kid's sixth place win. Many of you think Pig Ganon is very unlikely because of his awkward size and lack of recent appearances.

Everyone's favorite clone from Melee, Young Link, limps to eighth place. To keep it simple, ya'll don't think he's ever coming back.

Ghirahim bombed. He ranked ninth, which is a total 180 degree turn from his time during the Smash 4 speculation. Many of you think that he's one of the lesser one-off characters, and that his time to get in Smash is over. I suppose this really shouldn't surprise me, but a small part of me thought he'd at least make it to sixth.

And the sassy fighter from Hyrule Warriors, Lana, got absolutely trampled, coming in dead last. It was an almost unanimous opinion that a spin-off character probably wouldn't get on the roster before a main series character.

And there you have it! I'm sure the results would differ if more people had participated, but this should at least give everyone an idea of just how likely everyone views their favorite Zelda characters compared to others.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
Hey, everyone. I took all the lists from that Zelda question I asked earlier and awarded points based on the order you guys placed them in. I gave 10 points to the character ranked highest and deducted a single point for each rank that followed. Here's what we ended up with.

Impa - 78
Toon Zelda - 66
Midna - 60
Champions - 59
Tingle - 57
Skull Kid - 52
Pig Ganon - 38
Young Link - 35
Ghirahim - 28
Lana - 23

I was actually really surprised by this outcome.

So despite failing to get in Smash 4 after her SS appearance and having her older incarnation appear in BotW, you guys still seem to have the most faith in Impa. Most of the reasons given to me involved her frequent appearances among the Zelda games and her moveset potential. Not all that surprising, but still interesting.

Following Impa, we have Toon Zelda. Many of you explained that she would make sense because we already have Toon Link in Smash and because Sakurai has already considered her once before in Brawl. Not gonna lie, this one shocked me.

Coming in third was Midna, who according to you guys, would be a great addition because she's one of the more iconic one-off characters in the Zelda universe. Not surprised at all by her placement.

The Champions ended up ranking fourth. Many of you noted that BotW taking the focus of this Smash game and the Champions' high relevancy gives them a boost in likeliness. However, more than a few of you think it's unlikely that we'll see a Champion because all four are equal in importance, and also because they seem better-suited for BotW Zelda's moveset.

Tingle takes fifth place, placing him on the lower end of the more likely characters. His frequent appearances and iconicness were noted, on top of some doubt that he'd actually get in over more relevant and more popular Zelda characters.

Skull Kid comes in at sixth, surprisingly getting beaten by Tingle. Lots of people noted his iconicness in the Zelda universe. However, many seem to think his time to get in Smash has long since passed. Honestly, I didn't think he'd do this poorly.

Pig Ganon snagged seventh and took a notable 14 point dip following Skull Kid's sixth place win. Many of you think Pig Ganon is very unlikely because of his awkward size and lack of recent appearances.

Everyone's favorite clone from Melee, Young Link, limps to eighth place. To keep it simple, ya'll don't think he's ever coming back.

Ghirahim bombed. He ranked ninth, which is a total 180 degree turn from his time during the Smash 4 speculation. Many of you think that he's one of the lesser one-off characters, and that his time to get in Smash is over. I suppose this really shouldn't surprise me, but a small part of me thought he'd at least make it to sixth.

And the sassy fighter from Hyrule Warriors, Lana, got absolutely trampled, coming in dead last. It was an almost unanimous opinion that a spin-off character probably wouldn't get on the roster before a main series character.

And there you have it! I'm sure the results would differ if more people had participated, but this should at least give everyone an idea of just how likely everyone views their favorite Zelda characters compared to others.
Sounds about right, glad to see Impa topping the list, as well as Midna being high up. Hopefully Sakurai sees the potential in classic Ganon.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
At the very least he posted a picture so that when we see Battlefield we'll at least know if he actually got an insight scoop, the other information was so obvious that we couldn't use it for anything. If he's right we'll at least know that he's got a legit source, could be useful if he leaks more interesting stuff in the future.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Here's an interesting topic: unlockable characters. Will Sakurai go through with his original plan for Smash 4 to have no secret characters and everyone available from the get-go for Smash 5? Will it be a Smash 4 situation with only a few unlockables? Or will there be plenty of unlockables just like in Brawl, with a lot of the roster being completely under wraps?

Personally, I've always actually enjoyed unlocking plenty of characters rather than only a few. It's fun to be surprised by who's in the game that's not a starter whether they're a veteran or newcomer. I also don't wanna end up saying "that's it?" again after unlocking everyone like in Smash 4 since I expected a few more unlockables. (Plus why in the world was Wario made a secret character in Smash 4 and not someone who was a surprising return like Lucario?)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Shovel knight and Solaire are not going to be in this game. Having a game on a Nintendo console doesn’t make you that much more likely either like Skyrim or Doom.
It’s not like amiibos are a smash exclusive thing either, I just never understood this mindset.
Same here. The Breath of the Wild amiibo sets don't guarantee that the four Champions will receive playable representation; at best, they could hope to be assist trophies, if not mere trophy cameos.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

For reference, 2014’s E3 roster (used for the Invitational, Smashfest, and the E3 showfloor) was:
-Mario
-Donkey Kong
-Bowser
-Link
-Samus
-Kirby
-Pikachu
-Marth
-Fox
-Pit
-Zelda
-Sonic