• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
https://mynintendonews.com/2018/06/...in-the-upcoming-nintendo-direct-presentation/
The fact that Sakurai himself is appearing in the direct tells me that there will be more than just character trailers. Perhaps an overview of some new gameplay mechanics? I wish.
Either gameplay explanation.
Or he'll do the outro of the Direct telling us if we enjoyed the direct etc... before saying "But we have one more announcement. Please take a look." Kinda like he did with Ryu back then

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Do you think we'll get a separate smash bros developer direct like we did with Wii U where he went in depth on the characters? and then the direct just has a normal trailer or 2

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So yeah my Switch came in. Had it ordered because of a huge discount, shamefully my only game ; DKC Tropical Freeze, is yet to be delivered...

Speaking, am planning on buying Breath of the Wild and Hyrule Warriors.. Just not too sure which games I should get after that? Am considering buying Bayonetta + Bayonetta 2 (apperantly this is a bundle), but am not sure what else I should be getting.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Anyways, I just replayed Donkey Kong Country in a very long time... and I just noticed for the first time that King K. Rool have a tail... I always thought he didn't and I don't even know why... I mean he is a kremling, all of them have tails, but for some reason i always thought he never had, and now when I fought against him I saw it there, his tail almost covered in his cape.
All the images of him don't show his tail so I guess there is where it comes my confussion:
Kingkrool.jpg
King_k_rool.png

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
So yeah my Switch came in. Had it ordered because of a huge discount, shamefully my only game ; DKC Tropical Freeze, is yet to be delivered...

Speaking, am planning on buying Breath of the Wild and Hyrule Warriors.. Just not too sure which games I should get after that? Am considering buying Bayonetta + Bayonetta 2 (apperantly this is a bundle), but am not sure what else I should be getting.
Mario Odyssey of course is a given

D

Deleted member

So we're now 1 week away before Nintendo's E3 Direct.

And do you know what I like to do every year for each day preceding it ?

Posting "building-up" VGMs, like this one:

Last edited by a moderator:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm kinda hoping for some new mechanics this go 'round. I'm curious to see whether or not Sakurai and Co. are gonna iterate on Smash 4's foundation or go some other way.

Smooth Criminal

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
I hope if Elma is a character, she doesn't have that face. From looking at some footage of cut scenes, she and all the other characters look really weird. It unnerves me.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I hope if Elma is a character, she doesn't have that face. From looking at some footage of cut scenes, she and all the other characters look really weird. It unnerves me.
I don't really understand why people always say this tbh, I've never had a problem with the X characters faces apart from being expressionless lmao. But in terms of the actual face they look fine to me.

D

Deleted member

Anyways, I just replayed Donkey Kong Country in a very long time... and I just noticed for the first time that King K. Rool have a tail... I always thought he didn't and I don't even know why... I mean he is a kremling, all of them have tails, but for some reason i always thought he never had, and now when I fought against him I saw it there, his tail almost covered in his cape.
All the images of him don't show his tail so I guess there is where it comes my confussion:
Actually, the modern K. Rool legitimately doesn't have a tail. Just a butt.
Look at his trophies from Brawl and Smash 4.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Actually I find interesting that people feel her face sigthly unnerving

considering she is not human at all

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Smash usually accommodates playable characters to fit the look and design of the rest of the game, so I think her face will be fine. You did see how Shulk looked in XC1 and how he looks in Smash, right?

Unless you’re just talking about her overall design (which I think is pretty cool tbh).

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Smash usually accommodates playable characters to fit the look and design of the rest of the game, so I think her face will be fine. You did see how Shulk looked in XC1 and how he looks in Smash, right?

Unless you’re just talking about her overall design (which I think is pretty cool tbh).
Am I missing something? Shulk in Xenoblade (at the least the artwork, those models are ROUGH) and shulk in smash look the same to me

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Okay, but with the Pyra voice actress thing, they also have Son Goku listed on IMDB. So all of it is clearly fake.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Am I missing something? Shulk in Xenoblade (at the least the artwork, those models are ROUGH) and shulk in smash look the same to me
I think it's in terms of Smash Shulk not having just a texture for a face.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Okay, but with the Pyra voice actress thing, they also have Son Goku listed on IMDB. So all of it is clearly fake.
Yeah but the Voice actress saying herself that she know jack****/hasn't been called in smash isn't fake

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I was going to post photo evidence until I saw you mentioned the models looking rough. That's what everyone is talking about. Xenoblade X's models we're better (the hair still gets to me) but obviously Smash would make unique models that are 100% better lol. It's not like they're gunna rip her model from the game.

Staarih

Smash Master
I guess I was talking model-wise, yeah. While not as rough as in XC1, I feel XCX still has character models which make them look a bit weird (especially in the face, put me off for a while as well), so I just expect Smash to bring a refined, ”cleaner” version which fits the overall design - like with every character. Otherwise her look would be the same of course.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It honestly doesn't look all too appealing to me. Will get it if there's a discount.
MarIo don’t do discounts for new main titles
Do you think we'll get a separate smash bros developer direct like we did with Wii U where he went in depth on the characters? and then the direct just has a normal trailer or 2
I don’t think it...but I want it (or atleast 4 pics of the day followed by a clip)

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Question to Gameboi834 Gameboi834 and SuperMii3D SuperMii3D , assuming you guys registered before June, have you guys gotten your emails regarding Smash Registration yet? You all set to go there?

Also did it say anything about coming in in pairs and if not can you guys smuggle me into Smash by hiding me in a trenchcoat?

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I guess I was talking model-wise, yeah. While not as rough as in XC1, I feel XCX still has character models which make them look a bit weird (especially in the face, put me off for a while as well), so I just expect Smash to bring a refined, ”cleaner” version which fits the overall design - like with every character. Otherwise her look would be the same of course.
Ah I see what you mean, but in my opinion the models look fine, they just don't have expressions most of the time which makes them look dead but in the animated cutscenes they're less weird looking. Compare this:
hqdefault.jpg

to these
Elma_in_Doll_close_up.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

not perfect but definitely better imo

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
Smash AND Pokemon LG are playable at E3.

Next Tuesday is going to be insane.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Question to Gameboi834 Gameboi834 and SuperMii3D SuperMii3D , assuming you guys registered before June, have you guys gotten your emails regarding Smash Registration yet? You all set to go there?

Also can you guys smuggle me into Smash by hiding me in a trenchcoat?
Not yet, still waiting on it. The invitations all the big Smash community members got was probably a few weeks ago; ours is coming some time in the next few hours.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Smash AND Pokemon LG are playable at E3.

Next Tuesday is going to be insane.
That's on top of whatever surprises are still in store for us via the direct.

It's gonna be nutty indeed.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Remember, if you see a new assist trophy, get photographic evidence.

"Rosalina in Brawl" my foot.

And on the topic of Elma

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Not yet, still waiting on it. The invitations all the big Smash community members got was probably a few weeks ago; ours is coming some time in the next few hours.
Okay but the trenchcoat tho

I digress, maybe we can all three meet up somewhere in the convention center. Might be fun!

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

Also did it say anything about coming in in pairs and if not can you guys smuggle me into Smash by hiding me in a trenchcoat?
Nope, I'm still anxiously waiting for my email to show up.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
It's hard to understand for people because you are wording a lot of what you are trying to say poorly. From what I understand, you are saying that characters with similar models will share some animations and moves especially if they have similar abilities as it is easier on the devs. What people misunderstand from you is that they think you are saying she can ONLY be a clone because of her similarities to Diddy.
Maybe people should learn to listen better instead of interpreting what they want to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom