• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Daisy could be a Peach clone, but it really wouldn't suit her personality at all. Peach's movepool gives me more of an elegant fighter vibe, Daisy on the other hand gives me more of an in your face vibe.

Plus, as pizza stated in his video too, Daisy does have plant manipulation, so she could definitely do something with that.

Stratos

Smash Ace
Waluigi maybe has moves based from sports game, because his first appearance is Mario Tennis for Nintendo 64.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Waluigi maybe has moves based from sports game, because his first appearance is Mario Tennis for Nintendo 64.
It's literally what he does as an Assist Trophy. A sports moveset combined with his own unique jank-like(as in movements, etc., like Wario has) abilities(and air swimming) fits well.

Though yeah, I forgot Daisy has plant manipulation as an actual thing. That could work well. I could still see her using Peach as a base for some moves, basically a Wolf situation.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Talking about Daisy give me PTSD from Gamefaq, and the ballot discussion on twitter.
You know why.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
The problem is the "sports idea" works just as well for Waluigi. Daisy doesn't really have any particular signature abilities to show off that are applicable to Smash. She still doesn't act like Peach, so wouldn't make a great alternate costume. On the other hand, she doesn't have enough to really make her indefinitely unique. I wish she got some more unique abilities, something Waluigi currently has over her(like air swimming).
Yeah the sports idea works for Waluigi too, that's why I think that alongside that she'd have her flowers and her brute strength to help her out. That's why I see her as a good semiclone tbh, there's a handful of moves that Peach has that Daisy wouldn't fit but they'd be small alterations and they could just change some moves to include sports equipment and flowers.

I think that's what Daisy has over Waluigi. Waluigi doesn't share a frame with anyone else. Daisy though? Make small alterations to Peach's moves (high kick to face kick, things like that; more aggressive), add in flowers (Peach's up tilt with hearts for example would only have to changed to be flowers), maybe a baseball here, and she would work pretty well.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah the sports idea works for Waluigi too, that's why I think that alongside that she'd have her flowers and her brute strength to help her out. That's why I see her as a good semiclone tbh, there's a handful of moves that Peach has that Daisy wouldn't fit but they'd be small alterations and they could just change some moves to include sports equipment and flowers.

I think that's what Daisy has over Waluigi. Waluigi doesn't share a frame with anyone else. Daisy though? Make small alterations to Peach's moves (high kick to face kick, things like that; more aggressive), add in flowers (Peach's up tilt with hearts for example would only have to changed to be flowers), maybe a baseball here, and she would work pretty well.
That's fair. Though it seems Waluigi has been considered by Sakurai as is. They'd both make really interesting characters. I'm more of a Waluigi fan myself, but I appreciate both for who they are.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
It's literally what he does as an Assist Trophy. A sports moveset combined with his own unique jank-like(as in movements, etc., like Wario has) abilities(and air swimming) fits well.

Though yeah, I forgot Daisy has plant manipulation as an actual thing. That could work well. I could still see her using Peach as a base for some moves, basically a Wolf situation.
Conversely, Waluigi can also generate vines from his runs, straight outta Mario Strikers Charged.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Now if Daisy got in, the real question is if she'd be in her dress or her sports outfit. :p

Personally, I think the sports outfit would fit her way more than the dress would.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Conversely, Waluigi can also generate vines from his runs, straight outta Mario Strikers Charged.
He also has piranha plants. I think the thing is, Daisy feels more like she'd fit flower power. I mean, consider her name for one thing. Waluigi also originated as a sports characters anyway, so...

Now if Daisy got in, the real question is if she'd be in her dress or her sports outfit. :p

Personally, I think the sports outfit would fit her way more than the dress would.
More importantly, it would also give a good reason for a more varied moveset and animations, instead of cribbing heavily off of Peach.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Regarding Sakurai's tweet: I know in the past some of his tweets have been misunderstood due to translation issues. Everyone on the Switch Reddit seems to be pretty sure he is announcing a new game, as opposed to talking about Smash related stuff. Anyone know different? It'd be a little weird that he's working on Smash Bros, but that he'll be revealing a new game instead of discussing Smash.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Regarding Sakurai's tweet: I know in the past some of his tweets have been misunderstood due to translation issues. Everyone on the Switch Reddit seems to be pretty sure he is announcing a new game, as opposed to talking about Smash related stuff. Anyone know different? It'd be a little weird that he's working on Smash Bros, but that he'll be revealing a new game instead of discussing Smash.
I think he's honestly just talking about Smash Switch itself. Though hey, another revival could be fun regardless.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
So yeah my Switch came in. Had it ordered because of a huge discount, shamefully my only game ; DKC Tropical Freeze, is yet to be delivered...

Speaking, am planning on buying Breath of the Wild and Hyrule Warriors.. Just not too sure which games I should get after that? Am considering buying Bayonetta + Bayonetta 2 (apperantly this is a bundle), but am not sure what else I should be getting.
Bayonetta + Bayonetta 2 are fantastic, I definitely recommend them.

I would also highly recommend the following:
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - It's among my top 10 games now. I don't think it was the strongest entry in the franchise when it came to story or artstyle, but the gameplay is absolutely fantasic.
  • Super Mario Odyssey - I would argue that this is the best Super Mario title. It's an incredibly well-crafted game.
  • Sonic Mania - My favorite 2D Sonic game since Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Definitely worth picking up for 20 bucks.
  • Splatoon 2 - I enjoy this game and I'm not even a fan of shooters, typically. If you're a competitive person at all, then you'll enjoy this game. You need reliable access to internet, though.
  • Pac-Man Championship Edition Plus - This game is one of the few that Toru Iwatani personally created, and it's easily the best maze-style Pac-Man game of all time. It's almost theft to get this game for 20 bucks.
  • Minecraft - I haven't recommended this game to people in literal years, but the Switch and Minecraft go together ridiculously well. The portable aspect of the game gives it new life and drew me back in when I thought I wouldn't play it again.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
According to someone here that translated it earlier, he pretty much says that "of course the game will be introduced", or something like that, as in, we will definitely see the game and new content. But maybe what he actually says is that HE WILL be introducing the game.

EDIT: He says "Of course, I will introduce something. It's been a while..". The "something" part it's weird, but I'm guessing he just means he is introducing Smash and it's new content.

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717

Here it is, my final roster prediction before E3. I don't know if I will change it or just tick off until the game is out and see what I got right in the end. Criticism is welcome. Also I wanted to stay away from stuff like 'new pokemon' and 'new fe lord' because I feel that would be too easy so I just put in what I would say are my ideal picks. Some of my choices may be controversial but Sakurai likes to surprise us so I just decided to have a bit of fun.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I dunno, part of me wants more fresh IP for the sake of new characters & gameplay concepts we haven't seen before.

Also, who else considered the Wii U their Miiverse machine? ;w;

P.Kat

Smash Champion
So, say five newcomers get announced at e3 not including inklings. Which ones are they?
Who I want:
Lyn, Krystal, Shantae, Amaterasu, and Sora.

Who I want, but is also more likely to enter Smash,

Dixie, Impa, Elma, Lycanroc, and Rayman.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
View attachment 146985
Saw this earlier today. Has anyone here started to make their own bingo cards yet? I have a mock up for newcomers and one for veterans that I'll post closer to E3.
I got a bingo card thread running. Fee free to post it there too. Your actual one that is, not this one.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Something I realized.
Most people who put Bandana Dee in their Roster, also put Captain Toad- Is there a peculiar reason like the "cute sidekick" kind of characters or is it something else?

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Something I realized.
Most people who put Bandana Dee in their Roster, also put Captain Toad- Is there a peculiar reason like the "cute sidekick" kind of characters or is it something else?
My hypothesis is that both characters have a similar origin that ends up conflating with one another. You'll see people detract both of them for somehow not being differentiated enough from a regular Waddle Dee or Toad respectively.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Something I realized.
I just like both characters and think they are extremely deserving of their spot. Pretty much, its a coincidence.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

Here it is, my final roster prediction before E3. I don't know if I will change it or just tick off until the game is out and see what I got right in the end. Criticism is welcome. Also I wanted to stay away from stuff like 'new pokemon' and 'new fe lord' because I feel that would be too easy so I just put in what I would say are my ideal picks. Some of my choices may be controversial but Sakurai likes to surprise us so I just decided to have a bit of fun.
Very close to mine with a few picks that are up in the air (Pokemon, Zelda etc)

Always interesting to see Lip...im not familiar enough with her games what would she do? I guess I could check her support thread lol

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Something I realized.
Both of those characters are the most significant characters from their respective series not already playable in Smash, imo.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Very close to mine with a few picks that are up in the air (Pokemon, Zelda etc)

Always interesting to see Lip...im not familiar enough with her games what would she do? I guess I could check her support thread lol
I know nothing about her series to be honest, I just think she would work well as a surprise character.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Sakurais new game is probably "Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch on 3DS", implementing this ended up heavily limiting the roster, stages, and gameplay mechanics for the game on both systems... basically all the content in general is limited from what was originaly intended as the development team had to be split between both games but it'll be worth it for that sweet 3D experience.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
If people are posting their final prediction rosters I might as well do the same.
Prediction Roster.png

I took a gamble and threw on snake and k rool too, K Rool generally makes sense given the mii costume and his immense popularity and snake because of leaks and Simon's inclusion, it makes sense to me to bring in both.

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Can I just say, I'm touched that there's serious consideration for Ridley this time. I think now's a good time as any to finally include the space dragon into the roster.
Same with K.Rool.
I have but one question: Was the Ridley vibes this good during the last Smash games? I know I sound like a broken record when I'm constantly asking "how was the Ridley anticipation like before?" but I really want to know if there's a difference, on the off chance thay the universe obliges by these good vibes and gives us what we finally want.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
If people are posting their final prediction rosters I might as well do the same.
View attachment 146989

I took a gamble and threw on snake and k rool too, K Rool generally makes sense given the mii costume and his immense popularity and snake because of leaks and Simon's inclusion, it makes sense to me to bring in both.
It's kind of interesting to see the same general consensus on what series will get newcomers. We different on which Pokemon , and whether it's Elma or Rex, but we all more or less agree on which series should get a rep.

Biggest varriance I see is with retros (and barely, almost everyone has a Takamaru) and with whether or not Spring Man will get in.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Still shocked at how many people don't put Ashley on their rosters tbh.
I wouldn't be surprised if ashley was added but the warioware series hasn't really done anything since game and wario until the new one which isn't even out so her missing out wouldn't shock me either.

It's kind of interesting to see the same general consensus on what series will get newcomers. We different on which Pokemon , and whether it's Elma or Rex, but we all more or less agree on which series should get a rep.

Biggest varriance I see is with retros (and barely, almost everyone has a Takamaru) and with whether or not Spring Man will get in.
With retro's it really doesn't matter to me, takamaru could be replaced with anyone, he's just there cause I don't want a blank retro rep space but it could really be anyone really.

For Arms reps I'm of the belief that the series is just too new to be included in the base roster tbh

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Can I just say, I'm touched that there's serious consideration for Ridley this time. I think now's a good time as any to finally include the space dragon into the roster.
Same with K.Rool.
I have but one question: Was the Ridley vibes this good during the last Smash games? I know I sound like a broken record when I'm constantly asking "how was the Ridley anticipation like before?" but I really want to know if there's a difference, on the off chance thay the universe obliges by these good vibes and gives us what we finally want.
*sweats* ****storms everywhere regardless. Not gonna pretend I'm not guilty of being part of it either

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I wouldn't be surprised if ashley was added but the warioware series hasn't really done anything since game and wario until the new one which isn't even out so her missing out wouldn't shock me either.
Well even beyond the Warioware games, she's pushed in lots of other places. We've had the discussion here a million times about how she was all over badge arcade, shows up in a lot of japanese advertising, etc. She's really popular in Japan, and people outside of Japan at least know her from Warioware. And she was both an AT and a Mii costume in Smash 4. Imo she's one of the likelier candidates for Smash 5.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Same with K.Rool.
Maybe smash 4 Pre-Shadow or Brawl early development, otherwise not really.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Here's my E3 prediction
The feeling of crushing disappointment as you watch your favorite characters all get deconfirmed one by one and slowly realize they'll never get in.
Something I realized.
If you think Bandana Dee or Captain Toad is a good choice despite their species (which seems to be the main point of detraction for both) you're likely to not have a problem with another similarly important character who's part of a generic species, and you'll probably end up seeing both of them as worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom