• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
DasVergeben

"Correct. Though I also know a third person who does back up the claims of Ridley, Ice Climbers, Simon, Snake, the Wii U/3DS roster returning, and Minecraft included in some way, who heard of Castelvania is making a comeback with two new titles. I believe each are multiplatform releases (one may be Switch exclusive but haven't been able to verify that). One is a new title and the other a collection of classic Castlevania games, with Symphony of the Night being the headline game.
I heard a few months back that Wii's Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth would be coming to Switch, so it's probably part of that collection of classic Castlevania games. But I'm not entirely sure if there's connection between my hearing that back then and this info pretty recently about these Castlevania games. But this info about the two Castlevania games come from someone mighty reputable (who also has heard the same Smash leaks that I have, in case you are curious) so I have no reason to not believe them first and foremost. Meaning, put that information in front of Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth re-releasing on Switch. Though there is a possible overlap between the two things and part of the compilation.

I also had someone else who specifically contacted me about seeing some materials concerning Ridley's reveal at E3."

E3 reveal baby! This is BIG news!

?????????????

Smash Master
Actually, I think I’ve got it.

Most of the WarioWare cast have rough, ugly designs to match Wario, so Ashley stands out since she doesn’t.

...Although that doesn’t account for Mona.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
pew i just woke up after a long sleep, and wake up to like 10 pages, rushing threw. nothing new i assume. though i would like to know
how likely do you see last minute additins to the roster?
i personaly would say that xenoblade chronicles 2 could have a chance based on sakurais comments about it, saying he is addicted to it

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Really the main thing Ashley has that others don't is consistent support from Nintendo even outside of Warioware. Other characters don't really get that luxury, especially to the extent Ashley does.

Roberk

Smash Champion
i personaly would say that xenoblade chronicles 2 could have a chance based on sakurais comments about it, saying he is addicted to it
Let me summarize the next few pages of this thread for you:
"2016 PROJECT PLAN"
"SAKURAI BIAS"

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
DasVergeben

"Correct. Though I also know a third person who does back up the claims of Ridley, Ice Climbers, Simon, Snake, the Wii U/3DS roster returning, and Minecraft included in some way, who heard of Castelvania is making a comeback with two new titles. I believe each are multiplatform releases (one may be Switch exclusive but haven't been able to verify that). One is a new title and the other a collection of classic Castlevania games, with Symphony of the Night being the headline game.
I heard a few months back that Wii's Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth would be coming to Switch, so it's probably part of that collection of classic Castlevania games. But I'm not entirely sure if there's connection between my hearing that back then and this info pretty recently about these Castlevania games. But this info about the two Castlevania games come from someone mighty reputable (who also has heard the same Smash leaks that I have, in case you are curious) so I have no reason to not believe them first and foremost. Meaning, put that information in front of Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth re-releasing on Switch. Though there is a possible overlap between the two things and part of the compilation.

I also had someone else who specifically contacted me about seeing some materials concerning Ridley's reveal at E3."

E3 reveal baby! This is BIG news!
So that means if the rumor is true, we're guaranteed to have at least eight third-party characters on the roster. After all is said and done, we could have over ten third-parties.

Not sure how I feel about that.

osby

Smash Obsessed
This is late but ama I the only one who prefers Wario Ware Wario over his other versions?

?????????????

Smash Master
Actually, I think I’ve got it.

Most of the WarioWare cast have rough, ugly designs to match Wario, so Ashley stands out since she doesn’t.

...Although that doesn’t account for Mona.

So, what I mean is...

If they're actually going to use any of the WarioWare characters outside of WarioWare, like to promote things or have merchandising, it'll be one of the characters that isn't actually horrendous to look at.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I personally have always liked the idea of Mona as a Wario representative, but I like the idea of Ashley as a fighter, since I'm fond of magic users.

Note how the two are the ones closest to Wario on the boxart here.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Alright, guys. Check it.

SEGA recently added this NiGHTS shirt to their store, and it's advertised front on center on the homepage of said store.
sgahoiatngt_1024x1024@2x.jpg

A shirt of a franchise that hasn't had a new game since the Wii? Clearly, SEGA is planning something. So hear me out.

NiGHTS shirt = NiGHTS game announced for the Switch at E3 = NiGHTS in Smash.

It all adds up, boys.

?????????????

Smash Master
I personally have always liked the idea of Mona as a Wario representative, but I like the idea of Ashley as a fighter, since I'm fond of magic users.
This also reminds that that, prior to Ashley, the only other Wario Assist Trophy was Kat & Ana, two other WarioWare characters that aren't terrifying.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Alright, guys. Check it.

SEGA recently added this NiGHTS shirt to their store, and it's advertised front on center on the homepage of said store.

A shirt of a franchise that hasn't had a new game since the Wii? Clearly, SEGA is planning something. So hear me out.

It all adds up, boys.
I don't think I can emphasize how excited I would be for NiGHTS. I don't think it's every happening, but I love the series conceptually and artistically.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I don't think I can emphasize how excited I would be for NiGHTS. I don't think it's every happening, but I love the series conceptually and artistically.
You and me both, dude. I've always looooooooooved the NiGHTS series, and seeing them in Smash would be a dream come true.

...Get it? Dream?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Alright, guys. Check it.

It all adds up, boys.
As nice as that would be I think three sega characters isn't happening
I think sonic and bayonetta are the only sega characters we are getting on the switch

T-Hell

Smash Lord

Oh man that cover is beautiful, can't wait for this game.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
pew i just woke up after a long sleep, and wake up to like 10 pages, rushing threw. nothing new i assume. though i would like to know
how likely do you see last minute additins to the roster?
He played it after it came out like the rest of us, I highly doubt XC2 content was part of the project plan unless it was planned ahead of time, thus him liking it wouldn't be a factor, it's definitely likely for DLC content though

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

Oooooo,amiibo support. I wonder what they'll do in game

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

I just realized this game has amiibo support. Probably something simple just for the existing Wario amiibo, but man, I'd love to see some amiibo of WarioWare characters.

(Edit: :4greninja:'d)

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I can't unsee the girl on the left as Emma from Fire Emblem but with ridiculously thick eyebrows.
image.png

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
He played it after it came out like the rest of us, I highly doubt XC2 content was part of the project plan, it's definitely likely for DLC content though
No, you gotta FLIP your thinking!

What if he played Xenoblade Chronicles 2 out of curiosity BECAUSE he had added Rex and Pyra to Smash Bros.?

...I don't know what I'm doing anymore.

So_many_mails

Smash Apprentice
Alright, for fun, lets assume the Verg leak is real, and we get a trailer with Icies, Ridley, Snake, and Belmont this E3.

How would the trailer go?

My guess - Starts off with the first smash 5 footage we've seen. Flashes a bit of new link, and maybe a couple of other slight veteran revamps. Then, ice climbers are in the clips, almost nonchalantly. They start beating on the other fighters, cool stuff is shown off, etc. They do their up-B, grab a ledge, and on a zoom in of the ledge, you see a claw... Ridley swipes them off the edge. Cue to some Ridley gameplay, with throwbacks to his other smash appearances. we see him air-grabbing samus, smacking pikachu with his tail, etc. Suddenly, an explosion blows Ridley off screen. the trailer pans to the side a bit, and we see a familiar cardboard box. a ! appears above it, Snake throws it off. "did you miss me?". A bit of snake gameplay that blends into general gameplay, showing off a couple more obvious veterans too. Trailer ends.

Later, at the end of the direct, the Simon Belmont trailer comes separate, as is the tradition for third party hype.

Although IMO even if the leak is real, this combination of characters for the E3 reveal seems unlikely. I think we'll probably get 3 newcomers (although Simon+Ridley would def be hype worthy as two of them), and a kickoff of Smashbros.com again. Don't think we've forgotten your blog, Mr. Sakurai.
My idea:

BoTW Link is climbing a slowy climbing a Snowy Mountain. Something catches his eye, and the Ice Climbers are seen zooming past him way faster than he can climb. The Ice Climbers reach the summit, and help Link up a little while after. Suddenly, a roar is heard off camera. They turn, and from the snowy mist, Ridley swoops at them. Link and ICs try to fight but are clearly losing. Just before they get attacked: A whip sound. Ridley is drawn off, and the camera pans to Simon Belmont. ICs, Ridley and Simon get their New Challenger things as soon as they appear. Snake is revealed at the end of the direct by Codec in a call-back to the Brawl reveal.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I also had someone else who specifically contacted me about seeing some materials concerning Ridley's reveal at E3.

Miyamoto will run out in a Ridley costume and kill the parents of all blonde haired women.

Just like his Twilight Princess LARPing at earlier E3.

He will then say, “Thank you for your money”, and puff into a cloud of smoke, leaving only an exclusive Burger King Ridley Amiibo on the floor.

Reggie weeps.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord

Isn’t that a new character over there on the left, between Red and Spitz? I wonder what their games will be like?

(By the way, the Japanese boxart has only Wario on it, none of the other characters, if you’re wondering.)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
My idea:

BoTW Link is climbing a slowy climbing a Snowy Mountain. Something catches his eye, and the Ice Climbers are seen zooming past him way faster than he can climb. The Ice Climbers reach the summit, and help Link up a little while after. Suddenly, a roar is heard off camera. They turn, and from the snowy mist, Ridley swoops at them. Link and ICs try to fight but are clearly losing. Just before they get attacked: A whip sound. Ridley is drawn off, and the camera pans to Simon Belmont. ICs, Ridley and Simon get their New Challenger things as soon as they appear. Snake is revealed at the end of the direct by Codec in a call-back to the Brawl reveal.
I like it, but would ICs get a newcomer reveal if they're veterans?

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
A variety of factors makes me believe Rex isn’t in, but combining Sakurai’s love of the series with X2’s success, I’d be surprised if DLC didn’t happen for them (unless it’s only vets and Third-Party like last time).

And most importantly, that means... MORE MUSIC FROM THE SERIES.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Everyone is here, wanting Ashley, thinking about Ridley, or talking about Rex/Pyra AGAIN.

And here I'am enjoying the fact that we might have both Cloud and Snake in smash together which is probably the craziest thing ever.
I swear to god we better get an Event Match with both.

Last edited:

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Imagine after Ridley is announced, Sakurai appears and says "There, he's in smash, now will you all shut up about him?"
:troll:

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
And here I'am enjoying the fact that we might have both Cloud and Snake in smash together which is probably the craziest thing ever.
I don't want to get my hopes up too high for Snake, god I want him back so much. I couldn't handle crashing down if I expected him and he didn't show.

Snake vs Cloud would be the ultimate blow to PS All Stars, it's amazing.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
imagine after Ridley is announced, Sakurai appears and says "There, he's in smash, now will you all shut up about him?"
The next trailer is going to be a continuation of the Inklings trailer. They're going to show all the silhouettes and everyone is going to be hype. But then the giant ball of fire is actually from Ridley. It then incinerates everyone, leaving them as a pile of ash. Ridley is all that's left. Ridley is the only character in Smash. Super Ridley Bros.

Sakurai then walks out and says "THIS IS WHAT YOU ANIMALS WANTED, SO YOU GOT IT!"

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Snake vs Cloud would be the ultimate blow to PS All Stars, it's amazing.
To these day, I genuinely have no Idea why we didn't get Spyro, Crash, Cloud/Lightning/Or any FF character and Snake back in PS All Stars.
Anyone know why?

SirCamp

Smash Ace
To these day, I genuinely have no Idea why we didn't get Spyro, Crash, Cloud/Lightning/Or any FF character and Snake back in PS All Stars.
Anyone know why?
I don't know any specifics, but probably marketing and licensing issues. Some companies may have preferred using a different character to market a particular game. And likely more importantly, securing big licenses like that is almost certainly much more difficult for an unproven franchise like All Stars than it is for Smash. Why risk a character heavily associated with your brand on a game that might end up failing terribly?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom