• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
There is this deep sinking feeling that Sakurai might have added Isabelle and K.K. Slider in Ultimate's roster the more I think about his DLC Mii Costume in Smash 4. Sakurai might have thought the utilization of his guitar might make for a more interesting moveset at the time of project planning for Ultimate.

The thought internally upsets me as someone who wanted Tom Nook for a long time, but I cannot stop thinking about it. How do you feel about K.K. Slider's chances?
I doubt every Mii costume will be a playable character. K.K.'s got his concerts on Smashville and Town/City (which is a unique mechanic involving the internal clock, unless they do the same with Pauline on the New Donk stage), and I don't know if he's popular enough to be promoted past those. Isabelle, however, I can clearly see getting the promoton.

The thing with Nook was that he's been shunted into the back since Isabelle staged her coup of the franchise, so I'm not surprised that he's only got Villager's final smash.

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
Fire Emblem Assist Trophies, two for each character!
Marth
Caeda - Combat Assist, Flies around the stage and periodically attacks random players; she flies fast, making her hard to hit.​
Merrick - Casts Excalibur, works very similarly to Brawl's Isaac AT, but also deals damage.​
Roy
Lyn - ...You know.​
Zephiel - Combat Assist, walks around the stage, occasionally attacking with Eckesachs. The attacks stun those hit.​
Ike
Titania - Combat Assist, works a lot like Caeda, only she rides a horse instead of a Pegasus, to compensate for the fact that she is slower and grounded, she hits a lot harder.​
Black Knight - Combat Assist, a lot like Zephiel, but uses Eclipse to attack. If Eclipse hits you while you are guarding, your shield is immediately broken.​
Robin/Lucina
Tharja - Combat Assist, attacks players with Nosferatu, then returns to you and heals you with whatever she stole from the others before leaving.​
Frederick - Yells "Pick a God and Pray!" and attacks a random opponent, this opponent is attacked with a force equivalent to Warlock Punch.​
Corrin
Azura - Dances where she is summoned, if you are standing by her when she finishes her dance, your attack power is doubled. She cannot be KO'd.​
Elise and Sakura - Instantly heal all of your damage, if you already had 0% they give a free stock/extra point instead.​
I still can't believe we haven't got any Assist trophies from the Fire Emblem games seems like a wasted chance. Correct me if I'm wrong but there aren't any items either as well?

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Can we please stop thinking that there's an elaborate scheme to make Assist Trophies in Smash Ultimate playable in Smash Ultimate?

Why in the world would this team, after working hard to add all the characters they've added so far, WASTE THEIR TIME adding an Assist Trophy only to remove it later? That literally makes no sense. At all.

Waluigi is not going to be playable in Smash Ultimate. He has been confirmed as an Assist Trophy. Yes, Knuckles can appear on Green Hill Zone (which I still think is bizarre) but that's not the same thing. Knuckles does not appear twice at the same time with one being a playable appearance. In both cases, he is an NPC.

The fact that there are legitimate mental gymnastics being performed here has left a palm print on my forehead from the cringe. Pretending that Waluigi still has a shot is the equivalent of saying Bomberman has a shot or that Lyn has a shot. Yeah, there's outcry about Waluigi. However, there's literally nothing different among these characters aside from the outcry.

Here's the thing with this site being an echo chamber...certain ideas gain prevalence because everybody here has an interest in the game but might want different stuff. Some people might say Waluigi still has a chance...PROBABLY because they WANT him to still have a chance. That doesn't mean everybody that says to not count him out are diehards, but that's the problem with Smash speculation. The desire for a character often is preferred to the actuality of a situation, and if repeated enough is accepted as fact.

This typically is why there's ALWAYS salt when the games release. "My character didn't get added, I'm salty". You were never guaranteed the character, you just tried to convince yourself it was going to happen. This is exactly what happened with Ridley in Smash 4.

The idea that Waluigi has a chance is the same thing.

It's far easier to just accept what is given to you now so that you avoid disappointment later. I cannot believe we're actually having a conversation about something actually confirmed just because some people are using situations that are not only preposterous to consider, but not like others they supplement their argument with.

SIDE NOTE: With Waluigi, I've seen maybe ONE good moveset idea for him. Other ideas consist of, "give him sports attacks and party attacks".
We play as characters in Smash. We don't play as the games themselves. Those are Mario Tennis and Mario party movesets. Waluigi would deserve a Waluigi moveset.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
The thing with Nook was that he's been shunted into the back since Isabelle staged her coup of the franchise, so I'm not surprised that he's only got Villager's final smash.
I imagine the coup was very... cute... yeah, let's go with that...

Tom Nook certainly wasn't in the hospital for three months after Isabelle's coup.

D

Deleted member

Fire Emblem Assist Trophies, two for each character!
Marth
Caeda - Combat Assist, Flies around the stage and periodically attacks random players; she flies fast, making her hard to hit.​
Merrick - Casts Excalibur, works very similarly to Brawl's Isaac AT, but also deals damage.​
Roy
Lyn - ...You know.​
Zephiel - Combat Assist, walks around the stage, occasionally attacking with Eckesachs. The attacks stun those hit.​
Ike
Titania - Combat Assist, works a lot like Caeda, only she rides a horse instead of a Pegasus, to compensate for the fact that she is slower and grounded, she hits a lot harder.​
Black Knight - Combat Assist, a lot like Zephiel, but uses Eclipse to attack. If Eclipse hits you while you are guarding, your shield is immediately broken.​
Robin/Lucina
Tharja - Combat Assist, attacks players with Nosferatu, then returns to you and heals you with whatever she stole from the others before leaving.​
Frederick - Yells "Pick a God and Pray!" and attacks a random opponent, this opponent is attacked with a force equivalent to Warlock Punch.​
Corrin
Azura - Dances where she is summoned, if you are standing by her when she finishes her dance, your attack power is doubled. She cannot be KO'd.​
Elise and Sakura - Instantly heal all of your damage, if you already had 0% they give a free stock/extra point instead.​
This is a good list. But something seems off about that Frederick one...
Frederick - picks up the pebbles from the stage so that no one will step on them and trip
There you go, fixed

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
I'm not saying it's likely, but the thought that removing an Assist Trophy when you release a character as DLC is "impossible" is pretty close-minded when nothing has been said officially on the subject.

Hypothetically if Waluigi was a DLC character he'd come with a patch that would remove the Waluigi Assist. Or he can just keep it, since Knuckles can be summoned while on Green Hill.
We’ll see I suppose. However, I think there’s quite a difference Assist Trophy/Stage Element at the same time, and Assist Trophy/Playable at the same time.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Can we please stop thinking that there's an elaborate scheme to make Assist Trophies in Smash Ultimate playable in Smash Ultimate?

Why in the world would this team, after working hard to add all the characters they've added so far, WASTE THEIR TIME adding an Assist Trophy only to remove it later? That literally makes no sense. At all.

Waluigi is not going to be playable in Smash Ultimate. He has been confirmed as an Assist Trophy. Yes, Knuckles can appear on Green Hill Zone (which I still think is bizarre) but that's not the same thing. Knuckles does not appear twice at the same time with one being a playable appearance. In both cases, he is an NPC.

The fact that there are legitimate mental gymnastics being performed here has left a palm print on my forehead from the cringe. Pretending that Waluigi still has a shot is the equivalent of saying Bomberman has a shot or that Lyn has a shot. Yeah, there's outcry about Waluigi. However, there's literally nothing different among these characters aside from the outcry.

Here's the thing with this site being an echo chamber...certain ideas gain prevalence because everybody here has an interest in the game but might want different stuff. Some people might say Waluigi still has a chance...PROBABLY because they WANT him to still have a chance. That doesn't mean everybody that says to not count him out are diehards, but that's the problem with Smash speculation. The desire for a character often is preferred to the actuality of a situation, and if repeated enough is accepted as fact.

This typically is why there's ALWAYS salt when the games release. "My character didn't get added, I'm salty". You were never guaranteed the character, you just tried to convince yourself it was going to happen. This is exactly what happened with Ridley in Smash 4.

It's far easier to just accept what is given to you now so that you avoid disappointment later. I cannot believe we're actually having a conversation about something actually confirmed just because some people are using situations that are not only preposterous to consider, but not like others they supplement their argument with.

SIDE NOTE: With Waluigi, I've seen maybe ONE good moveset idea for him. Other ideas consist of, "give him sports attacks and party attacks".
We play as characters in Smash. We don't play as the games themselves. Those are Mario Tennis and Mario party movesets. Waluigi would deserve a Waluigi moveset.
Only different moveset idea I've seen for him is "make him Deadpool in MvC, being a reality changer is so suited to Waluigi! " so yeah, I have no interest as well.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
Because, you know, you can't just change the Assist Trophy Appearance Likelihood to 0 or anything. No, that would be silly.

Disclaimer: I don't really want Waluigi either (I want Lyn), but the "He's an Assist Trophy" is kind of a bad argument.
How is that a bad argument? They showed him in the trailer as an Assist Trophy...the fan demand for him, from what I recall, has been present for years. Why not just make him playable from the start?

The “Maybe fan demand will get him in as DLC” is a bad argument, because the fan demand has been there for him, but he’s still an Assist Trophy.

This whole “patch him out/ make the likelihood 0 that he appears” is a bad argument because that’s wasted development time.

I don’t care if Waluigi is in or not. I just tired of Waluigi extremist vice gripping hope that he’ll somehow become playable in Ultimate. Those people will denounce a character in the same breathe for being an Assist Trophy already.

I’ll be the first to admit I was wrong if he becomes playable somehow. I just don’t see it. I know I’m in the minority on this, but I’ll voice my opinions on it freely.

blackghost

Smash Champion
According to whom? You?

You can't really say for certain that "X character isn't as popular as people think!" because we don't know the full results of the ballot.
using the ballot is a funny thing becuase people don't believe any of what is said now. but a character that hasn't been in games for years will fall off over time. even in fan-made smash games some of these characters people "beg" for now werent even included. so dont call me crazy to question some of these characters popularity outside this echo chamber.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Here's my logic: if Bomberman, a classic character that Sakurai had to actually get the rights to, a small legend in his own right, with a successful franchise under his belt, couldn't be more than an assist trophy, what makes you think a nothing like Waluigi has a chance?

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I actually want Chorus Men though...

I think "Ultimate" (or "Special" if you're in Japan) also entails revisiting old ideas from the Smash franchise and turning them into reality (mind you, Geno is a former idea for a character Sakurai had that didn't work out, so he falls under this category).

Also, "character priority" has long been disconfirmed, alongside the idea of series having "representatives" like Smash Bros. is the U.S. House of Representatives or something.

Also I'll sneak this in here because it doesn't necessarily have to do with Smash Ultimate, but enjoy a Fire Emblem "leak." It's a nice change of pace from the Smash "leaks" I see every day.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422851098/#422851098
Besides from Three Houses which will be released in 2019, a couple more Fire Emblem games are in development.

Fire Emblem Warriors Legends is being made. It just a physical release of the game with the DLC. Though, it does feature Roy, Hector, Ike, Black Knight, Sigurd, Lief, Alm, Lukas, Felicia, Darios and the villains as playable characters and features more History Mode Maps and will feature more DLC down the path. If you already have the game, you can update to Legends for free.

A fighting game is being made by Arc System Works. It will be a 2 on 2. At least one character from each main series game will be included. The only characters I know that are playable are the Smash Bros bunch of Fire Emblem characters and Chrom. Though, I have heard about Hector and Lyn as well.

The Next Legendary Hero will be Chrom. He will be a old version of him self and will be called Old King: Chrom. He will have a beard and will be a Red Sword Unit.

Not really Fire Emblem, but Project X Zone 3 is being developed. Chrom and Marth are a Pair Unit. Most people from Project X Zone 1 and 2 will return and will feature more characters from Nintendo and will feature characters from Square Enix as well.

A free update to Legends would be painful because I traded in Fire Emblem Warriors for Splatoon 2 because I thought I'd S-Ranked all the missions in both the main game and DLC and thought that the game would get no new content. I also forgot to claim the My Nintendo Gold Points for the game, which also hurt. (¢60 is important to me okay).
This feels a lot like a pretty wish fulfilment list... but strangely enough, doesn't sound as unrealistic as I was expecting xD.

I would like a lot to have a Fire Emblem Fighting Game since that I know the franchise (I love Fire Emblem and I love Fighting Games).

If I remember correctly, the August Legendary will be a Red Sword Unit ; if that character is indeed King Chrom I'll take more seriously.

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
To all people believing Waluigi could be DLC STOP he's an assist trophy and that's all he will be

Edit: I worded that wrong he does have a tiny chance to be DLC my bad

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
This feels a lot like a pretty wish fulfilment list... but strangely enough, doesn't sound as unrealistic as I was expecting xD.

I would like a lot to have a Fire Emblem Fighting Game since that I know the franchise (I love Fire Emblem and I love Fighting Games).

If I remember correctly, the August Legendary will be a Red Sword Unit ; if that character is indeed King Chrom I'll take more seriously.
Give Fire Emblem so we can get Soul Calibur x Fire Emblem. Soul Emblem? Fire Calibur? Something like Pokken.

D

Deleted member

>People are going over the Waluigi debate again (I know I kinda helped start it but still)
(might as well be the thread theme in general at this point)
Guys... can we stop beating a dead horse?

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace

LOUDER. MUCH LOUDER.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Also I'll sneak this in here because it doesn't necessarily have to do with Smash Ultimate, but enjoy a Fire Emblem "leak." It's a nice change of pace from the Smash
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422851098/#422851098
Besides from Three Houses which will be released in 2019, a couple more Fire Emblem games are in development.

Fire Emblem Warriors Legends is being made. It just a physical release of the game with the DLC. Though, it does feature Roy, Hector, Ike, Black Knight, Sigurd, Lief, Alm, Lukas, Felicia, Darios and the villains as playable characters and features more History Mode Maps and will feature more DLC down the path. If you already have the game, you can update to Legends for free.

A fighting game is being made by Arc System Works. It will be a 2 on 2. At least one character from each main series game will be included. The only characters I know that are playable are the Smash Bros bunch of Fire Emblem characters and Chrom. Though, I have heard about Hector and Lyn as well.

The Next Legendary Hero will be Chrom. He will be a old version of him self and will be called Old King: Chrom. He will have a beard and will be a Red Sword Unit.

Not really Fire Emblem, but Project X Zone 3 is being developed. Chrom and Marth are a Pair Unit. Most people from Project X Zone 1 and 2 will return and will feature more characters from Nintendo and will feature characters from Square Enix as well.

A free update to Legends would be painful because I traded in Fire Emblem Warriors for Splatoon 2 because I thought I'd S-Ranked all the missions in both the main game and DLC and thought that the game would get no new content. I also forgot to claim the My Nintendo Gold Points for the game, which also hurt. (¢60 is important to me okay).
I know this is probably fake, but man the first and second ones would make me fully invested in the FE franchise.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
There is this deep sinking feeling that Sakurai might have added Isabelle and K.K. Slider in Ultimate's roster the more I think about his DLC Mii Costume in Smash 4. Sakurai might have thought the utilization of his guitar might make for a more interesting moveset at the time of project planning for Ultimate.

The thought internally upsets me as someone who wanted Tom Nook for a long time, but I cannot stop thinking about it. How do you feel about K.K. Slider's chances?
K.K. slider is confirmed to be on the animal crossing stage again (it's actually programmed into the demo which is neat. It's in a video on YouTube but I don't remember the fight). So he's deconfirmed, unless you think he can be a fighter at the same time which, for a number of reasons I don't think is possible.

I point to the Toon Link argument in that he was a veteran so it wasn't a big deal. It's not like Sakurai to show a character in a non-playable role and then reveal them as a newcomer. He's never done it before so Pauline, Tingle, K.K. etc. should all really be considered deconfirmed regardless of the Graveyard's rules.
How is that a bad argument? They showed him in the trailer as an Assist Trophy...the fan demand for him, from what I recall, has been present for years. Why not just make him playable from the start?

The “Maybe fan demand will get him in as DLC” is a bad argument, because the fan demand has been there for him, but he’s still an Assist Trophy.

This whole “patch him out/ make the likelihood 0 that he appears” is a bad argument because that’s wasted development time.

I don’t care if Waluigi is in or not. I just tired of Waluigi extremist vice gripping hope that he’ll somehow become playable in Ultimate. Those people will denounce a character in the same breathe for being an Assist Trophy already.

I’ll be the first to admit I was wrong if he becomes playable somehow. I just don’t see it. I know I’m in the minority on this, but I’ll voice my opinions on it freely.
All this and it will just leave you dissapointed going into dlc expecting him. Seriously as a Ridley fan I enjoyed the dlc a lot more because I wasn't going "Is this one gunna be Ridley!" each time. Reggie already said Sakurai has heard the Waluigi backlash (I mean right on his ****ing Twitter for Christ's sake). Sakurai will make his decision and it's way better to assume it's impossible and be surprised then ruin either the base game or dlc with high near impossible expectations.

blackghost

Smash Champion
if chun-li gets in as dlc or in base roster this fanbase is gonna have bad time in competitive play. chunli has air combos in STREET FIGHTER shes gonna have a field day in smash. not to mention chunli is better than ryu in every single crossover game they both are in. shes always better because her kit transfers well to games with more movement. spinning bird kick, light legs, stomps, and more. if shes in smash im playing her for sure.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I imagine the coup was very... cute... yeah, let's go with that...

Tom Nook certainly wasn't in the hospital for three months after Isabelle's coup.
From what I heard Tom Nook was invited to her tea party where they 'negotiated' Tom Nook's retirement as the AC mascot just before he fell asleep. When he woke up in the hospital, convenient part-time assistant Nurse Isabelle convinced him that he had too much sweets and tea, and that it had drugge-er dragged him into a sugar coma. It was nice of Isabelle though to look after him and the franchise while he sleeps off the dru-er delicious sweets.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace

Really? Mii costumes? Look at what happened to poor Takamaru, Knuckles and Dunban. First 2 are Assist Trophies and the other is still in Shulk's Final Smash. Slider is likely only appearing on Smashville on Saturday nights again.

D

Deleted member

Can we please stop saying that Waluigi will become DLC or whatever?
It is too late for Waluigi. He will never be DLC or a fighter in Ultimate. He is an Assist Trophy.
Lampy is right, stop beating the dead horse.
waluigi.jpg

Mrplutoguy112

Smash Apprentice
Why didn't Waluigi make it into Ultimate come on Nintendo! what a huge missed opportunity for fans of his character. At least he'll be an Assist Trophy once more but since Brawl I've always wanted Waluigi in smash he could be great to have there and would be a pretty good fighter. I mean god u put Daisy in Ultimate why not Waluigi!
Guess well keep dreaming and hoping one day it will happen.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
but a character that hasn't been in games for years will fall off over time.
Yup, which is why a character like Geno could never be a generally popular character among the Smash fanbase because he hasn't had a new major game appearance since 1996. Oh wait.

Sakurai: That’s right. He’s very popular.
When talking about older characters, Geno always gets a lot of requests. He didn’t appear as a fighter, but I was able to achieve something kind of close to that as a Mii Costume.
If anything the whole "echo chamber" argument itself comes from an echo chamber of what supposedly "makes sense."

KMDP

Smash Legend

I think this is one of those situations where either situation could happen (one is way more likely, though).

The Smash 4 Assist Trophies were probably straight ports from the previous game, with maybe a few texture touch-ups, and hey, if one of those characters gets made playable, the models and textures would just get moved to the Playable Fighter. There, no wasted resources.

Granted, I don't think Waluigi or Lyn will be made playable in the base game. There's a slim chance that they'll be made DLC, because of the outcry for Waluigi and the fact that Lyn is like the second most popular FE lord after Ike (but that poll was held long after development of Ultimate began).

Choices for DLC might be rather thin, they might (might) hold a restricted poll to determine which Assist Trophy gets promoted to playable or something.

However, this is speculation with no basis except general optimism.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Why didn't Waluigi make it into Ultimate come on Nintendo! what a huge missed opportunity for fans of his character. At least he'll be an Assist Trophy once more but since Brawl I've always wanted Waluigi in smash he could be great to have there and would be a pretty good fighter. I mean god u put Daisy in Ultimate why not Waluigi!
He didn't become a fighter because he can't be an echo. Daisy can. End of the story.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Daisy is a clone, Waluigi cannot be. I would not be surprisedif Daisy is overall more popular either, but it is irrelevant as it was never a question of x or y.

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
The leak is probably fake but man Arc System's Fire Emblem game would be so ****ing dope I would kill for it.

Speaking of Fire emblem and Smash what other music would you want from the series in Ultimate? For me, it's got to be Twilight of the gods

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm thinking you need to stop with the whole "Animal Crossing is for sure going to have 2 new characters" thing.

This honestly feels like you're looking for some "void" to fill now that Tom Nook is shown to be part of Villager's Final Smash again.
K.K. is likely just going to be part of the Smashville/Town & City stages on Saturday nights like before.
Not every Mii Costume relates to a possible fighter for Ultimate. :/

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I still can't believe we haven't got any Assist trophies from the Fire Emblem games seems like a wasted chance. Correct me if I'm wrong but there aren't any items either as well?
No - Fire Emblem's only given us characters and a handful of stages. And Lyn's an assist, but she's the only non-character or stage in the universe. Considering representation outside of characters, Fire Emblem's actually lacking.

It's kind of funny that each franchise has as many or more stages than characters (despite the Pokémon sharing background art on the official site) save for ROB (who fits best with any of the old arcade ones) and Fire Emblem, which I think is up to three...all three they've ever had.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm thinking you need to stop with the whole "Animal Crossing is for sure going to have 2 new characters" thing.

This honestly feels like you're looking for some "void" to fill now that Tom Nook is shown to be part of Villager's Final Smash again.
K.K. is likely just going to be part of the Smashville/Town & City stages on Saturday nights like before.
Not every Mii Costume relates to a possible fighter for Ultimate. :/
I agree.
I think we are getting only one Animal Crossing newcomer, and that is Isabelle.
I do not see Sakurai getting in his way to add more than Isabelle and Villager for Animal Crossing.

This post is perfect.
Can I have your autograph please? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
My favorites are Ribbon Girl, Lola Pop and Dr. Coyle.

Idol singer I could actually get into, Clown that's actually fun and Mad Scientists who dedicated her life and craft to the art of Punching things. What's not to love?
Nice! I love arms!

Got to admit my favorites are probably Min Min (most useful for me in the game), Lola Pop, and Byte and Barq.

Because Barq is freaking adorable. To the max.

Actually I feel pretty good. Barbara the Bat’s franchise seems to have gone inactive to a point she’s no longer an assist trophy and a character with a bard moveset could be great.

Slider could cause poison, ice, electric, fire, and dark effects based on the tune being played.

And no one has competently fought with a guitar since that legend of the West, El Kabong.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
And before I get lynched for denouncing Waluigi as playable or becoming so as DLC in Ultimate. I understand what it’s like want one certain character SO BADLY that you dread seeing them as an Assist Trophy. I’m in that boat right now, and that boat is the S. S. Isabelle.

I will be crushed if or when the day comes that she’s revealed to be an Assist Trophy again, but you know what I’m not going to do? Set myself up for disappointment that she’ll become DLC, or harass a man many miles and miles away who has devoted so much time and energy into a series he feels somewhat trapped in to bring a a game where literally everyone who has ever been playable has been brought back because it’s something fans wanted.

Smash fans are never satisfied, and it’s kind of disrespectful to the man. He gives us every veteran and Ridley, and people are angry Waluigi isn’t in instead of being thankful the man made it a priority to bring everyone back.

That’s how you create anti-“insert character here” fans. Right now, it’s the Waluigi fans.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I think we are getting only one Animal Crossing newcomer, and that is Isabelle.
I do not see Sakurai getting in his way to add more than Isabelle and Villager for Animal Crossing.
I personally don't see Isabelle showing up as playable either.

Villager already represents so much of the franchise on his own. All Isabelle has left are the Public Works Projects, and I'm not sure how fun that would be.

And she can't be an Echo since her model is vastly different than Villager's.

Last edited:

Godbrother11225

Smash Apprentice

Daisy is a model swap. Waluigi is too different from Wario to get the same treatment so he would have to be unique, and that means about months of development.

Waluigi's highest point since his debut was having his outfit inside mario's wardrobe for SMO. Even Baby Peach from Mario kart played bigger roles in Yoshi DS and partners in time. It's not just about popularity.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
The leak is probably fake but man Arc System works Fire Emblem game would be so ****ing dope i would kill for it.

Speaking of Fire emblem and Smash what other music would you want from the series in Ultimate? For me, it's got to be Twilight of the gods
March to Deliverance
What Lies at the End
The Sacrifice and the Saint
A Shadow Approaches (FE6)
Shaman in the Dark
Battle for Whose Sake
Fire Emblem Opera (FE6's advert song)
Loyalty ('cause Hector)
Everything into the Darkness
Campaign of Fire
Blessing of the Eight Generals
Road Taken (Roar)
Egdelwonk [because I'll never get over that name]
Alight (Storm)
A Dark Fall (Fire)
End of All (all of them)

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
>Bayonetta cheated and was being worked on before the ballot had a chance to be finished
>CHEATED
Come on guys, Waluigi is happening, this is all obviously foreshadowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom