• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Still. Come on. Its Castlevania. The halloween franchise that has Frankenstein and the Wolfman running around. There's no better time to reveal Simon than in a Halloweeny Direct. So if they do do a Halloweeny direct, it would be a major missed opportunity imo.
Not if it continues the story from the first direct... Which it may considering the "Spirits" mode. Skull Kid and Geno in Dracula's castle would be interesting.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
As of right now, how is everyone's Want Lists looking?
...pretty good, all things considered. I'm so happy to see Rids and the Kroc in, and Squirtle coming back is phenomenal.

As for my current want list...
  1. Dovahkiin.

2. Urbosa
  3. Tails
  4. ...Skull Kid? Spring Man? Decidueye or Buzzwole?
...yeah, there's only one character I want more than anything else.
...this is all I need.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Simon
K. Rool
Ridley

Geno
Rayman

Crash Bandicoot
Crono
Phoenix Wright
Any other SF character

Heihachi
Chibi-Robo

Zero
Shovel Knight
Bomberman

Most seem impossible, but if any do happen it'll just make me that much more hype.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Man, I shoulda wrote down my thoughts on the characters a while ago. Ignoring the fact that Simon and K Rool were in my wishlist for a while, and I only recently removed them from my signature (it's still on my picture wishlist), and the fact I also said Mimikyu was a Pokeball, maaaan I musta been a prophet

Or I just said things that I thought made sense like literally anyone can do at any point in time:wario:

Black Shadow or Funky Kong though, not something I would just up and say just cause. If I had to guess about them, I would have no idea one way or another. Funky Kong has his recent appearance to grant him credit, but Black Shadow would just be put in to give Captain Falcon a rival of sorts, yeah? I can see those two as validation.

Unlike
[character that has been asked for for more than a decade]
[character that has been asked for for more than a decade]
[character heavily implied in the last game to be close to becoming a character anyway]
[character that was formerly an assist trophy and remained an assist trophy]
[tiny Pokemon potentially being in a Pokeball instead of a fighter]

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
New game, list which newcomers and echoes you wanna see by number (again assuming base roster)!

68 - Bandana Waddle Dee
69 - Elma
69e - Fiora (possible DLC if they remove her from the Final Smash by patch, or base game if they’re like “**** it let’s make her the first newcomer echo to also be in someone else’s final smash, we’ve bent the rules before with Samus and that one MonHun boss/AT”)
70 - Rhythm Heaven rep
71 - Isabelle (assuming she’s unique)
72 - new Gen 7 Pokémon that isn’t Decidueye, Lycanroc or Mimikyu (either Incineroar or Buzzwole)
73 - Isaac
74 - 2nd Bamco Rep (Heihachi? Other TEKKEN character? KOS-MOS? Lloyd or Yuri would probably be DLC)

Speaking of, should I revise my roster one last time and, moving Lloyd to the 3rd Bamco rep, make either Heihachi or KOS-MOS the 2nd Bamco Rep? The logical side of me is saying Heihachi cause he was in PSASBR and was considered for Smash 4

But the wish fulfillment side of me is saying KOS-MOS so it could be a Project X Zone 2 reunion of Chrom, Lucina, Fiora and KOS-MOS...
Hmm... I'll think about this, and get back to you.
How likely do you think Isaac is now?
Realistically? 60%

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I had him at around a 40% post-E3 but now, I'm gonna be risky and move him to a 60%. We still have quite a few Assist Trophies yet to be revealed, at least 11 minimum (40 have been revealed so far, we know there's 50+) so there's still quite the chance he's been brought back as an Assist.

That being said, I'm confident Isaac will have something this game. Be it playability, an assist trophy or even a regular trophy, he'd be a weird omission as I think it's common knowledge that he had supporters during the ballot period.

D

Deleted member

maaaan I musta been a prophet

Or I just said things that I thought made sense like literally anyone can do at any point in time:wario:
You missed your chance to say that you had insider info, and then people would believe you. It's not too late for you to edit your posts though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Do you guys think that the Smash Bros Roster is going to hit 80 Fighters? (Counting Echos and not DLC)
Honestly it could
I don't recognize this stage... Gaur Plain? Great Plateau Omega?
Something from Monster Hunter, but might not be a stage (maybe it’s apart of the hidden mode)

Wolf
Snake
Ice Climbers
King K. Rool
Dark Samus

Decidueye (or any decent 7th Genner)
Rex & Pyra
An ARMS character

It should be noted, I did want Chrom during SSB4...
Shadow, Viridi, somewhat Captain Toad, Dixie, Medusa, somewhat Tails/Amy, Pyra/Mythra (and Rex I suppose), and anyone retro are still kicking

Paper_Marzio

Smash Cadet
I don't recognize this stage... Gaur Plain? Great Plateau Omega?
Most likely just some empty map from Monster Hunter so I don't think it's anything too special.

Although I think it may be a place from Story Mode with the monster as one of the story bosses.
Edit: oops, meant story boss

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You missed your chance to say that you had insider info, and then people would believe you. It's not too late for you to edit your posts though.
Haha, the thing is, I don't care whether or not people believe me because I only talk about potentials in the future and not what will actually happen. Whether or not people win an argument doesn't make a character more likely to be playable.
So I just say what I want. As discussion. In the discussion thread. Haha.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
If I ever got insider info I would pull the "reverse fake leaker" and pretend to be just a regular theorist/predictor, convincing the masses I figured Sakurai's thought process out with my superior intellect.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I remember making people mad when I said Mimikyu felt better as a Pokeball so I had to back off that angle a little bit.
Ashley being an assist still isn't super out of left field or anything. Is it unheard of for an assist trophy to stay an assist trophy?

Not that either outcome is good for the fans of those character (not that I wasn't both a fan, and also okay with how they're represented now anyway), but is that really such an unlikely thought to have?

EDIT: Literally any of the other reveals would lend it more credibility. Lol.
I also thought Mimikyu felt better as a Pokéball (sorry, Mimikyu fans). I didn't say it for the exact same reason you backed off on it.

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
If Skull Kid actually gets playable then i could see him being revealed alongside Impa as an echo fighter for Shiek

I could see

September Trailer: Incineroar and Ken

October Trailer: Skull Kid and Impa

But the Skull Kid leader sorta implied there are no Gen 7 Pokemon which contradicts Van's thoughts

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Pretty much. And given that Chrom got in because of fan demand, I don't really care about another sowrd-user. If anything, this shows shows how poorly the weapon balance always has been in the FE franchise if almost all the main characters are sword-users. Blame Intelligent System, not Smash.
It's not exactly a Fire Emblem thing, it's more of a general fiction and mythology thing. There's many myths/legends/etc. that are centered or feature swords prominently. Excalibur, Durandal, Colada/Tizona, Muramasa's katanas, flaming sword in Christianity, etc.
Swords are basically fantasy's "PROTAGONIST HERE" signal. Even something like Star Wars, a space opera, is full of swords, and Harry Potter had the sword of Gryffindor.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I also thought Mimikyu felt better as a Pokéball (sorry, Mimikyu fans). I didn't say it for the exact same reason you backed off on it.
I understand people feeling apprehensive though. It's a bit hard to have a real discussion about anything, because if you consider the non-popular alternatives then someone's going to get upset about it and you either have to back down, or just totally ignore the backlash altogether.

Nobody knows more than anyone else what is going to happen, but there are notably way "easier guesses" than others. Chances are, if the only thing people have against a character is that "it looks fat and stupid who is k rool even he's not even relevant wryyyyyy" it's probably a good guess imo lol. But, bad arguments or good arguments alike don't affect chances of anyone. It's almost like it's just discourse in deciding which character is the better guess.

Edit:
And of course, that's all that is.
You can infer guesses based on what makes characters seem likely, sure, but that doesn't mean they're a shoo in.
Chrom seemed likely due to his treatment in the last game imo, but that was never a guarantee nor is it suddenly a rule that "nearly complete characters that were teased by other characters in a previous installment are definitely making it in" lol.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Wolf
Snake
Ice Climbers
King K. Rool
Dark Samus

Rex & Pyra
An ARMS character

Wolf
Ice Climbers
Snake
Simon
Chrom

Fiora (or is it really the end for her...? Something’s fishy)
Ashley
Elma
Bandana Dee
RH character
Isabelle (practically guaranteed at this point I’d think)
Isaac
Rex and Pyra (likely to be DLC)
ARMS character (see above)

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
  • Simon Belmont - confirmed.
  • A Seventh Gen Pokemon - I would preferably like to have between one of the Ultra Beasts (between Buzzwole, Pheromosa or Poipole) or one of the Alola Guardians (mainly Tapu Koko.)
  • A new Legend of Zelda rep - I did initially have one of the BoTW champions on my wanted list, although I would like
  • A new Xenoblade rep - Preferably either Elma or Rex & Pyra.
  • Any character from ARMS.
  • Retro rep - Excitebiker or Ayumi Tachibana.
  • Someone from Rhythm Heaven.
  • Warioware rep - I did have Ashley on my most wanted list but sadly deconfirmed. If there were others, maybe Young Cricket?
  • Another Street Fighter character - Although Ken is the obvious echo choice, if there were any other unique SF character I would like to see playable, it would go to Chun-Li.
  • Heihachi Mishima from Tekken.
  • Tales character - Between Lloyd or Yuri.
  • An ATLUS rep - Jack Frost or a Persona rep.
  • Tecmo Koei rep - Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden or Kasumi from Dead or Alive.
  • SNK rep - Between Terry Bogard, Athena Asamiya or Kyo Kusanagi.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Wolf
Snake
Ice Climbers
King K. Rool
Dark Samus

Rex & Pyra
An ARMS character

My initial wishlist was:

Ridley
Ivysaur

Skull Kid
Porky
K. Rool
Dark Matter
Bandana Dee
Shovel Knight
Crash

With the announcement of Echo Fighters Dark Samus also became one of my most wanted.

I'm already incredibly satisfied with what I've gotten, I never expected to get anyone except Bandana Dee and maybe K. Rool, yet I've already gotten so much within the first two months of the game's reveal. Ridley alone would have made me satisfied, he was the one, so I'm very grateful for every other character that I can get on top of him, and I'm even feeling optimistic that I could get two more. If Skull Kid makes it then I think it'll be my favorite newcomer roster out of any of the games, and I really did not think it possible that Brawl could be knocked off its perch in that regard.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I've got a bad feeling for Isaac. He wasn't among the ones that got a Mii costume, and though his AT hasn't been seen yet, if Waluigi wasn't promoted I would be shocked if Isaac was. Dark Samus, Shadow, Isabelle, I relatively get those over Waluigi, especially considering they're echos and Waluigi can't be an echo. But Isaac can't be an echo either

osby

Smash Obsessed
I've got a bad feeling for Isaac. He wasn't among the ones that got a Mii costume, and though his AT hasn't been seen yet, if Waluigi wasn't promoted I would be shocked if Isaac was. Dark Samus, Shadow, Isabelle, I relatively get those over Waluigi, especially considering they're echos and Waluigi can't be an echo. But Isaac can't be an echo either
Isaac is the protagonist of Golden Sun. Why are we comparing him with Waluigi, again?

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Isaac is the protagonist of Golden Sun. Why are we comparing him with Waluigi, again?
Because before Smash I had no idea who Isaac was and I think that's not uncommon.

And I'm one of the people that are actually invested enough in smash to really care about who that weird guy throwing a big ass golden hand is.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I have to ask to all you people who want Heihachi...why Heihachi? Over any other Tekken rep? Jin, Kazuya, King, Nina...why Heihachi?

D

Deleted member

My Want List is pretty much changing on a daily basis, lol. I'm pretty inconsistent with what I want in Smash outside of wanting Bandana Dee and Octolings, but this is probably my current top 10:

10. Midna
9. Bomber Man
8. Waluigi

7. King K. Rool
6. A Metroid rep of any kind (I got two out of this one!)

5. Isabelle
4. Ashley
3. Bandana Waddle Dee
2. Octolings/Skull Kid (These two tie for me. I can't pick one over the other.)
1. Inklings

So far, Ultimate's been pretty good for me. I've gotten four characters out of my top ten, plus every veteran I used to love playing is back, so this game's roster is already doing a lot more for me than Wii U's did. I decided to swap out Kumatora with Isabelle on my list mainly because I'm satisfied with the role she was given in Lucas' FS. She was my most unrealistic want, so I'll take what I can get, lol.

I'm full-on hopping on the Isabelle bandwagon. She is definitely a "I didn't know I wanted this until it was suggested" character for me. Now that she has a legit chance, I'm really hoping for her. She would definitely help me feel less sad about Ashley. :(

So, I got four characters from my wishlist left. Honestly, though, I'm not gonna be too bummed if I don't get 'em. This game's roster is already mega impressive and more than enough for me, ha ha.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I have to ask to all you people who want Heihachi...why Heihachi? Over any other Tekken rep? Jin, Kazuya, King, Nina...why Heihachi?
I'd imagine both because he's iconic, afaik, and he was a Mii costume.
Before I ever played Tekken, whenever people mentioned it, I thought of Heihachi.

Could have just been me though, who knows lol

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Unofficial mascot, very recognizable, his super villain antics are hilarious, and since he was already rumored apparently I think he's the most likely.

EDIT: Oh yeah that's right he did get a Mii costume lol

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
...pretty good, all things considered. I'm so happy to see Rids and the Kroc in, and Squirtle coming back is phenomenal.

As for my current want list...
  1. Dovahkiin.

2. Urbosa
  3. Tails
  4. ...Skull Kid? Spring Man? Decidueye or Buzzwole?
...yeah, there's only one character I want more than anything else.
...this is all I need.
Honestly... I think I have everyone I've ever wanted. The only other one would be Banjo, but that's not happening. This game is definitely a fan pleaser.

Off topic slightly:
Shroob Shroob OdnetninAges OdnetninAges - We were discussing reactions last night, I made a fun little compilation of my favorite smashers and gamer reactions. (I'm not a "youtuber" and I don't make money off of this, I'm just doing it for fun)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYsCW7BSRI0

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Unofficial mascot, very recognizable, his super villain antics are hilarious, and since he was already rumored apparently I think he's the most likely.

EDIT: Oh yeah that's right he did get a Mii costume lol
Personally, I'd want King. A minority of fans say this series needs a "grapple" fighter, and there's that guy with the Jaguar mask.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So, if you could choose some fighters for a Squad Strike, well, who would you choose?

For me, :ultlink::ultgreninja::ultlucario: for 3v3s, and :ultlink::ultgreninja::ultlucario::ultroy::ultpit: or :ultlink::ultgreninja::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultmarth: for 5v5s.
:ultyoshi::ultinkling::ultvillager: + :ultmarth::ultpokemontrainer:
Of all echoes so far who are you going to pick up?

I like the looks of Richter more than Simon personally.

And I actually did throw a vote Dark Samus's way last time. Hopefully she has some Smash attacks that mimic her assist trophy moveset because that was the number one reason I did. I don't think we've seen all of her moveset yet either.
Probably Chrom. I really like playing as Roy, and Chrom is Roy but comes from a Game I've played and will probably be better.

Do we think Isabelle (who is in as far as I am concerned) is going to be an Echo or unique character?

So far, it seems the correct leaks have been on unique characters and not Echoes.
Could go either way. Isabelle is the face of AC now so it'd be weird for her to be a mere clone, but it'd also be hard to live up to Ridley and K. Rool.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
New game, list which newcomers and echoes you wanna see by number (again assuming base roster)!

68 - Bandana Waddle Dee
69 - Elma
69e - Fiora (possible DLC if they remove her from the Final Smash by patch, or base game if they’re like “**** it let’s make her the first newcomer echo to also be in someone else’s final smash, we’ve bent the rules before with Samus and that one MonHun boss/AT”)
70 - Rhythm Heaven rep
71 - Isabelle (assuming she’s unique)
72 - new Gen 7 Pokémon that isn’t Decidueye, Lycanroc or Mimikyu (either Incineroar or Buzzwole)
73 - Isaac
74 - 2nd Bamco Rep (Heihachi? Other TEKKEN character? KOS-MOS? Lloyd or Yuri would probably be DLC)

Speaking of, should I revise my roster one last time and, moving Lloyd to the 3rd Bamco rep, make either Heihachi or KOS-MOS the 2nd Bamco Rep? The logical side of me is saying Heihachi cause he was in PSASBR and was considered for Smash 4

But the wish fulfillment side of me is saying KOS-MOS so it could be a Project X Zone 2 reunion of Chrom, Lucina, Fiora and KOS-MOS...
Echoes:
16E- Impa
36E- Dixie Kong
38E- Shadow
45E- Isabelle
60E- Ken
69E- Fiora

Unique:
68- Bandana Dee
69- Elma
70- Incineroar
71- Geno
72- Banjo

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I've decided to update my prediction roster/wishlist. I even added some DLC for funsies.
For reference, characters with purple borders are DLC fighters.
View attachment 156488
Probably a bit too hopeful for the base roster, but what are your thoughts?

I'll provide reasonings for the base roster if need be.
I'm curious on why you think Isaac is more likely DLC than Base Roster. I'm also curious why you put your stock into two bamco reps as opposed to somthing like Rayman or Banjo? Also how much of an echo would your dixie be? One as close to source material as Daisy or somthing like the mishmash that Chrom is? I mean really; this is a pretty good roster (I also think/hope for twelve newcomers) But I guess I was interested in some of your reasoning.

PS: Thanks for keeping so onto of those leaks!

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Personally, I'd want King. A minority of fans say this series needs a "grapple" fighter, and there's that guy with the Jaguar mask.
King would be fun, but if I were to pick a character to represent Tekken in a game like this, it'd have to be Heihachi. He's not my personal fave but I think he's the most iconic.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Man I'm still freaking out about Richter being in as an echo fighter, not just cause he's my favorite Belmont, but because it also opens the door wide open for other 3rd party echo fighters. I fully expect Shadow and Ken or Akuma at the least, but i got thinking about Sephiroth for Cloud and Raiden for Snake and now I gotta take a step back a curb my hopes. honestly at this point I just really want Elma and I'm set for characters.

I'm just so damn hyped for this game

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Going to go full wish list:
  • 03e - Classic Link
  • 05e - Boshi
  • 16e - Impa
  • 17e - Hilda
  • 19e - Plusle/Minun (less damage for no self damage)
  • 32e - Black Knight
  • 38e - Shadow
  • 56e - Morgan
  • 57e -
    Malos or Alvis
  • 60e- Sakura (yes, Ken works better and stuff but Sakura's my favorite SF character along with Cody)
  • 61e - Zack
  • 62e - Kanna (yes, all FE characters get an Echo. Kanna gets Yato in the DLC so it isn't that far-fetched)
  • 64e - Octoling
  • 68 - Isaac
  • 68e - Matthew
  • 69 - Elma
  • 69e - Cross (Fiora sounds cool too)
  • 70 - Geno (so Boshi has an excuse)
  • 71 - Travis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom