• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
AAAAAA a lot to respond to. here we go.

First off, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I'm still doing my research, but I've got mostly good news for us. Even if Final Fantasy only has two songs, it won't make Geno out of the running. I got more information and I'll DM you if interested (we need to chat more; do you have a Discord or?)

Anyways...

ATM there's (and correct me if I'm wrong on any of this DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon - I'm counting the big whales over here) the following:

the ones that don't contradict each other:

-Vergeben - Minecraft content. Isabelle. Incineroar possibly/no Decidueye or Lycanroc for 7th gen Pokemon. Does not know if Isabelle is echo or not.
-loz18 - More echos. Skull Kid + One more newcomer at least.
-Gardevoir Leak - gardevoir + gothilette as echo.

the outlier:
-Neogaf Link - ask someone for it. tons of characters. contradicts everyone else so it'd need to be true on it's own and probably just it's own.

okay there we go.

please be nintencat i never wanted anything more than this

Also... hate to correct you on this, but we're at 40, so, 10 to 19 more.

Actually, that's a fair point. I do think the Kiddy Kong idea is interesting but we'll probably just see Dixie on her own as an echo of Diddy.

schrodinger's leak

but that really wasn't the point of my post - it was more stating that, even if it becomes real, there's nothing else that it proves. If, say, we get Minecraft content, we can assume Incineroar and Isabelle are probably coming. With this, if the Gardevoir thing becomes real, it's like, great for them we have nothing else to really work with lol.

(also hot take but a mario echo wouldn't be too surprising even if Mario2 means an echo)

okay finally got to posting this w/o my keyboard messing up.
Stop responding to my jokes so matter of factly, you know I agree with you lol

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Stop responding to my jokes so matter of factly, you know I agree with you lol
i was more pointing it out for other people, lol. u gucci budd
They're not alone, considering she tied for most wanted Pokémon with Primarina.
well aware :p
HEY. HOW ABOUT INSTEAD OF TALKING ABOUT THE SAME TWO "LEAKS" WE TALK ABOUT THESE ONES INSTEAD?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
On Sept. 9th a brand new character will be revealed, but it won't however be in a direct, basically similar to how they revealed Robin & Lucina. Since i don't loose my job, i'll post 2 hints about who the character is...

>The character is a third party character
>The character comes from a company that hasn't been represented in smash yet

Those are your hints, i'm out, peace!

Standard ****. Companies that come to mind are Atlus, Microsoft, Koei Tecmo, Id Software, Ubisoft, Activision, or Rare
Sup. You know what time it is. It’s leak time.

No, my uncle doesn’t work at Nintendo. A good friend works at Bandai Namco, though. We’ve known each other since university years ago so I trust he’s not a liar, and I wanted to wait until the most recent direct since he wasn’t sure WHEN certain characters and features would be revealed, just that they would be. Fortunately, we’re an ocean apart so he feels this is a tight enough alibi for him not being “connected” to it. No, I am not Japanese, he was just an international student.

Side note – this is not ALL the information about the game. Just a big chunk of things I know about through him. But I figure that since so many people are posting such tame “leaks” I figured I might as well blow the load of the info I’m sitting on and maybe get some of them to stop.

Let's begin.

-No, “Spirits” is not Adventure Mode or Subspace Emissary. It’s actually a daily challenge mode, similar to that of Event Matches. Specifically, it’s a daily challenge mode where you can unlock characters. It’s tied to your Switch’s internal clock, and every day there’s a new character to unlock. But the thing is – it’s randomized. One person might get Pichu on day 1, another might get Simon Belmont. This was made to keep the “unexpectedness” of unlocking characters when they’ve already decided to show off every release roster character prior to launch. Once you’ve unlocked every character, the daily challenges still appear, but you win in game coins and trophies through it. In game coins are just used to buy more trophies or as Continues when you fail in Classic or All Star modes.

-You can still unlock characters in the “secret” ways, such as playing a certain number of Smash battles and through various hidden Stadium and Classic Mode challenges. Spirits was made for the people who don’t have the time to grind out multiplayer matches.

-All Star is structured like it was in Smash for WiiU – starting with the most recent characters and then working your way back towards the oldest characters.

-Online is a big feature of the next Nintendo Direct alongside the Fall and Winter release schedule, slated for late September alongside the paid online service’s launch. They’ll go over the modes in a Smash focused section. For Fun and For Glory both return, but For Glory now has 2 modes – with and without Final Smash meters. Stage selection in For Glory is still random, but now randomly changes between Omega and Battlefield forms per match. The stage hazard toggle is NOT applicable to For Glory, it is solely for local play and the online Tourney mode.

-Unique Break the Targets, Board the Platforms, and Smash Tour are all cut. Break the Targets has returned to its Brawl format of the same layout for every character, only now there are 8 difficulty levels. Smash Tour has returned, but it can only be played multiplayer via online or local wireless. The map is bigger and you can interact with the other players, but otherwise the game is the same. Normal enemies are there like in 3DS, however now Assist Trophies also show up as “bosses” – not to be confused with stage bosses. This is part of the reason why it was made possible to attack Assist Trophies; they act as stronger and tougher foes in Smash Run and drop better rewards – Smash Run powerups, rarer trophies, and CDs – and yes, CDs return.

Alright, now what you’re really all here for, characters.

-Yes, Shadow is playable now. He functions similar to Chrom – all of his special moves and normal moves echo Sonic, though instead of a Spring his Up Special is a teleport. From what I’ve seen it’s closest to Mewtwo – this is made fun of in his reveal “trailer” (not a unique one, just a reveal and some gameplay like with Chrom and Dark Samus) where he and Mewtwo trade blows as cloned ultimate lifeforms. His Final Smash is a clone of Sonic as well. He has the second fastest ground speed of all characters, just slightly behind Sonic.

-No, Isabelle is not an Echo Fighter. She has returned as an Assist Trophy.

-In regards to other Echo Fighters –
-Ken was never considered for Ryu. Akuma was, but was scrapped early since he felt “too weak” – Sakurai wanted to evoke the same feeling of Akuma in the Street Fighter 2 series but realized it would just be a “better” Ryu and devalue him.
-There were no plans for an Echo Fighter Funky Kong or Dixie Kong.
-There were no plans for a Black Shadow from F-Zero Echo Fighter.

-Yes, Geno is playable now. Rights were never a problem prior to this, simply relevancy, which is no longer an issue. He has a gameplay gimmick of Flower Points being tied to his special moves, and only being able to replenish them through his Geno Boost Down Special move – it is just called that, it does not work like it does in Super Mario RPG. His Final Smash is the Geno Flash canon.

-Yes, Decidueye is the playable Pokemon representative, not Incineroar, Lycanroc, or Tapu Koko. His appearance in Pokken Tournament served as some of the moveset inspiration, and will be mentioned at his reveal.

-Shovel Knight and his appearance as an assist trophy will be mentioned in the “Nindies” segment at the end of the September Nintendo Direct when talking about how Nintendo supports and thanks the indie developers who use their platforms. This will lead into the reveal of Shantae as a playable fighter. Shovel Knight had the explosive Western popularity, which lead to him being an Assist Trophy at all, but Shantae likewise had Western and Japanese popularity, plus more moveset potential and a longer legacy for her choice. This will be stated in the December Smash Direct, as the October Nintendo Direct will only feature a character trailer.

-Tingle is slated to be the final character reveal prior to launch. I do not know about his moveset, just that his reveal trailer is a similar fakeout like in King K Rool’s – a heroic silhouette is revealed to just be a balloon that Tingle shaped and shone a flashlight behind. He appears as he does in the Wind Waker and Tingle spinoff style. As such, he still appears on Great Bay in his Majora’s Mask visual style even when Tingle is being played, similar to Link or Young Link on the Spirit Train not triggering Alfonzo to arrive. “DON’T leave it to me!”

-Despite his creator’s request, Travis Touchdown was apparently passed up as a character due to his personality being too hard to adjust – violence and sex could be reduced for Bayonetta, but Travis’ problem was his foul language being too iconic to him to remove and too distracting to tone down. He DOES appear as a standard trophy.

-From what I can tell, Banjo and Kazooie were NEVER considered for the roster. I asked my contact friend about them, and he said he’d never heard their name mentioned.

-Skull Kid returns as an Assist Trophy – yes, the Moon also appears as an assist trophy, but the two are unconnected.

-Steve was likewise never considered to be a playable fighter outside of very early drafts – allegedly it boiled down to his animations being too stiff to work with, and bending his joints akin to the Telltale series of games looking too awkward. However, a Minecraft stage was planned, but ultimately cut as well. It was to be a mountain range that characters could “dig” through the terrain by attacking to reach the other players, but it was cut due to the mechanics leaving gameplay feeling less like Smash since characters spent too much time trying to get to each other.

-There is 1 Assist Trophy planned for every 3rd Party series. Ryu has Chun Li (attackable, uses her Hyakuretsu Kyaku and Spinning Bird Kick). Cloud has Aerith (Forms a healing field similar to that of the new item). Shantae has Risky Boots (appears in the background on a pirate ship, firing cannonballs on the stage).

-Other new assist trophies include the Wii Balance Board, which tilts the camera left and right (just the camera, not the actual stage); Camilla from Fire Emblem Fates, who rides on her Wyvern to breathe fire and swoop to attack with her axe (this is an attackable Assist Trophy); Giygas, who functions like Nightmare did in Smash for WiiU and 3DS, only with the Giygas pattern instead of just a black screen; and Mipha (heals the player that summoned her and gives them a brief invincibility buff).

-Finally – there WILL be another fighter ballot announced prior to launch. However, it will not be announced until the Smash Direct which takes place in the first week of December, and will not launch itself until the release of the game on the 7th. Sakurai will thank everyone for their feedback from the first ballot, and say how it helped to shape Ultimate into the game it is, and wants them to help shape it going forward (DLC) as well.

Have fun with the info guys. I'll stick around to answer any questions if I left something out,

Lets go to anon for the "leak" coverage!

Thank you anon for sharing my exact thoughts!

Also, their proposed "Spirits" mode is horrible. Unlocking one character a day is a horrible idea, and there's no way Sakurai and his team would consider that "streamlined."
>Smash Quest is a new mode included in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. With similarities to Adventure Mode and Smash Run. Players must make their way through various stages based on popular Nintendo franchies including. Kirby,Metroid,Pikmin,Zelda and Mario. Battling hordes enemies from each represented series.

Standard fare.
>Isabelle

Will be revealed (probably nonchalantly) in a mini-direct for the Switch online service. Villager echo.

>Bandana Dee, Shadow, and Skull Kid/Majora

Will all be revealed in an october direct. Skull Kid's reveal will transition into a reveal for the story mode, Smash Spirits.

>Geno
Will be revealed either during or after 2018's game awards as a special "surprise" character announcement. Most likely Nintendo will tweet an announcement an hour beforehand and then release a trailer for him on Youtube.

Say hello to the next top 5 characters to appear in supposed leaks. Get used to this group because you're going to be seeing it to the point of boredom.
I would be posting on Reddit but some of my coworkers know my username so I have to post here. I'm taking a big risk by telling you all what exactly I do for Nintendo, but I'm basically a translator.
I cannot say for what language because it's likely I will get caught or get my whole team in trouble. Anyway, here's what I can share so far.

>Skull Kid is most definitely a playable character. His FS is called "Majora's Wrath" but that's all I know.
>The next Direct is happening in September, but I do not know the exact date. It's not a Smash Direct, but two new characters will be shown.
>Said characters are Shadow the Hedgehog and Skull Kid.
>Many references to "Tatl" and "Tael" while translating, possible they are in his moveset.
>Clock Town is a playable stage, but I have not seen it.

I do not see many images or gameplay videos as I only have to translate text, and most of the work I've been doing for the past couple weeks is mostly about Skull Kid and the next Direct.
And while we're on the topic of the Direct, it's probably not going to be very long because I haven't got much to translate.
I'll post again once I get new content to translate.

Man I love "leaks" about Nintendo Directs planned months in advance.

That's sarcasm I do not.
Hey guys, I am a graphic designer for Bandai on the Tekken 7 team and my partner who was on my team switched over to NoA for the same job. He now is helping plan the October direct that is happening later on with editing and what they want to show in the video. I am posting this because we are tired of seeing "i work at NoA". I have been working with bandai for 5 years so far and my partner was just transferred about 2 year ago. I have been told what will happen in the Smash Brother segment. I only knew about one character from my department.

The character that will be revealed in the beginning is Geno & Heihachi. I had to work with Sora ltd team last July in Kyoto to plan out Heihachi and he will have the same lock like Ryu. Neither of us know when Geno was developed because that is not our job, he works with video edit/plan.

In the middle Shadow the Hedgehog and Blackshadow will be revealed in gameplay. Also Isabelle from Animal Crossing will be joining.

The video is going to finish off with Doomguy.
They are working on the trailer. I am sorry for my bad english i am korean.

NoA does not have much to do with Smash only marketing and planning events/directs.
Mainly Sora ltd and Bandai are the only ones who actually have development on the game. I will contact again next month to give trailer details.

I personally did not know who doomguy was until i went on google ?_?.

This one had an interesting image attached to it, trying to provide some verification like an AMA on Reddit. Of course, there's no way to tell if it's true, so it means nothing. Personally, this group of characters being revealed together would practically break the internet, and I'd love to see it.
So I did a ton of digging into what we can expect coming out of Smash Ultimate ever since the Direct. Exploring how many fighters there will be, and whether or not we will be getting any more stages. And finally the mysterious adventure mode dubbed Spirits. And I have uncovered a few things that may prove enlightening.

First up, the newcomers. Specifically, we will be having Shadow, Isabelle, Skull Kid, and Geno as our remaining fighters. Skull Kid specifically will be our next character to be revealed with Geno being the last.

Dixie Kong is a part of Diddy's new Final Smash as they do a team attack of sorts.

Kirby, Pokémon, Excitebike, Tetris, and Minecraft all have new stages dedicated to them.

Stage Builder makes a return.

In Classic Mode, each character's rounds have set encounters to combat against each time. Even if said character isn't unlocked.

All-Star Battle requires unlocking every single fighter before you can play it once again. The order you fight each character is based on the order said character joined, with Echo Fighters being paired with their original counterparts. It will consist of eight battles against eight opponents each.

Event Matches make a full fledged return. There are 72 Event Matches in total.

Target Mode now consist of Break the Targets and Target Blast.

Both Home-Run Contests and Multi-Man Smash make a return.

This mode called "Spirits" is a new mode that is ranked somewhere between Adventure Mode and Subspace Emissary. There are many different ways you can play it, and it is possible to unlock every single fighter in the game playing it.

Speaking of which, outside of the Mii Fighters, there are 74 fighters in total, outside of "Spirits" and the usual "fighting over and over again,", they all have their unique methods of unlocking.

Meh. Regular stuff. Same old boring group of characters.
>Skull Kid and Geno will be announced in September's Nintendo direct alongside Isabelle as an echo fighter
>November will have another Smash direct. Tapu Koko, Black Shadow and Banjo and Kazooie will all be announced as well as Shadow, Dixie, and Ken as echo fighters.
>November direct will also show off the new adventure mode, titled "spirits" and the announcement of DLC starting in 2019
>Some DLC characters that are being proposed at the moment are Rex, Springman, A new pokemon that will appear in gen 8, Crash Bandicoot, Pip Boy and Sora.
>Smash Ultimate is expected to have a longer DLC run than Wii U/3DS, so expect a lot of new content

The weirdest thing here is Pip Boy as potential DLC. Fallout representation would be pretty cool though.
I know this is probably the 1000th leak you're gonna read on 4chan, but if you perhaps enjoy reading these leaks once in a while, I would urge you to take a look at this. I have a source, who I have no reason to mistrust, who told me the entire roster. He told me all of this before the Smash Bros Direct on 8/8, which is a good reason to trust him and I’d like to share what I have heard with you guys. I’ll try to type out everything he has told me with as much precision as possible.
My “source” claims to have seen various images of the (beta?) final game, mostly menu screens, but also some gameplay screens. Most screenshots didn’t how much interesting stuff, but there are three which showed some interesting information that we haven’t seen yet. One is the final roster, one is the final stage select screen and the last one is a menu screen, which “might” be part of the “spirits” menu.
Let’s start with the roster. My source mentioned these were ALL the characters he has seen, meaning there won’t be any characters added (apart from potential DLC) beside these.
The final characters are as follows:
Bandana Dee
The Wonderful 101
Captain N
Kasumi
Banjo & Kazooie
Funky Kong (echo)
Lana (echo) from Hyrule Warriors
Ken (echo)
Ms. Pacman (echo)

Note that my source saw the character select screen, but unfortunately none of the new characters were selected, which means he is not sure how the characters are actually named. For example, he mentions “the Wonderful 101”, since he clearly stated to me that multiple characters of the game were present in the icon “He remembers Wonder Red, Blue, Pink, Green, but wasn’t sure if Wonder Yellow, Black or White were also visible in the icon. Playable characters might just as well be called “Wonder Red” or “The Wonderful Ones”

About the echo characters, my source believes these are echo fighters since they were placed next to the characters they are an echo off, instead of the end of the roster, which is happening with all non-echo newcomers. This way he was able to dedact that Funky Kong is a Diddy Kong echo, Lana is a Zelda echo, Ken is a Ryu echo and Ms. Pacman is a Pacman echo. Note that he might be wrong with this assumption and perhaps they are original characters or echoes from a completely different character. To be honest I find Funky being a Diddy echo a bit surprising.

As for the stages, again, no names of the actual stages we're seen, meaning that actual name mentioned here might differ in the final version and the names placed here are just guesses.

The final stages are:

Nintendoland ( or Nintendoland plaza)
Port Mackarell
Blossom City (or perhaps Operation 001 or something)
Danger Zone
Click Clock Wood
Minecraft (or creative world)
Jungle Factory (Honestly this last name is just a guess, he claims it is possibly a Donkey Kong stage, but he wasn't sure. Conveyor belts were clearly vissible and there was a jungle background).

Finally the last screen he mentioned shows the possibility to select between three chapters, much like selecting an event in the previous games. We might think it's the first screen you get to when going into the "spirits" menu, but perhaps it's located in some complete different location.

Three options are shown woth below them a set of character icons. We don't if that means you eaither play as the characters or perhaps you fight against them.

The first event was called "A spirit arises*
The icons showed Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Kirby, Link, Samus, Fox and Pikachu
The second event was called "A villainous showdown" and showed Bowser, Bowser Jr., Ganondorf, King Dedede, Ridley, King K. Rool, Wolf and Mewtwo.
The final event was named "The smash master", icons showed Captain N, Lana, Simon Belmont, Megaman, Pit,.

All three events show the possibility to select between easy, medium and hard.

That's all of it. I hope I was able to write it down the best I could.

Captain N would be the best WTF inclusion ever. Period. No questions. Kasumi as a third party pick is somewhat left-field, but believable. I also can't wait to be swarmed by the stage hazards in Port Mackarell. Bonus points if the CPUs you're fighting are useless against them like all of my teammates in Salmon Run who go off on their own and get murdered.

I mean what?
Hello /v. I have been working on SSBU (as my first ever job in th video game industry) and I want to give you some information to you.
This isn't a leak, because in all honesty I do not know every character or piece of information in the game.
2 days before the direct I did say Belmont and K Rool would be announced soon, but it didn't get noticed.
Secondly, I want to say I am not giving any information about my job because that would put me at risk of gaining a permanent contract.
So what do I know that has not been announced yet?
>Geno
>Skull Kid
>Isaac
These 3 I have seen images and other forms of media as playable characters. These 3 were early choices in this game with the other newcomers announced so far
>An indie character wanted to be represented, the final decision was Shantae! (I have not heard anything about Minecraft since and NOTHING on Undertale.)
>The "Weird" pick this year is Neku Sakubara from "The World Ends With You" - I am not too sure what this game is but I have looked it up and it looks pretty fun!
>A few months ago there was a mini project for a new kirby representative, I am unknown whether this is going through still.
>Echo fighters I know of and have seen certain images of is Ken, Rex, Shadow, Black Shadow, Impa, Isabelle & Ninten.
Take all this with a grain of salt, because some may have been changed because not of all this information is up to date.
>the "Spirits" was correct! & Smash Run returning.
>There will be unlockable costumes aswell, e.g. MetaRidley, Boxer DK etc. They have been hinted at subetly.
>There is planned to be DLC in this game, and there will be a second fighter ballot. Also, I have heard that Assist Trophies can be upgraded if popular.
The Directs are not revealed to me until a few days before, so I don't know when the next is.
Finally, I am going to end on this bit of code that means something, and also post launch, I can prove something to give more information on for the DLC leak.
-.l41-slkr5.--.100j8a

If anybody wants to take a crack at that code be my guest. Rex as an echo fighter is absolutely ridiculous.
Repostan my info

>Assist Trophies and Pokeball Pokemon
Eveyrone from Brawl and Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS is here except Little Mac, Shadow and Isabelle
Tempo(Harmoknight)
Jockey(Pocket Card Jockey)
Lana(HW)
Chorus Kids(Rhythm Heaven)
Cross(XCX)
Duster(Mother 3)
Mallo(Pushmo)
Qbby(Boxboy)
Snip and Clip(Snipperclips)
Vivan(Thousand Year door)
Arle Nadja and Carbuncle(Puyo Puyo)
Slime(DQ)
T Block(Yes a ****ing T Block that T-Spins in place)(Tetris)
Shantae
Wonder Red

All the ones from Smash for 3DS and WiiU Plus Manaphy, Munchlax, Bonsly, Groudon, Unown, Entei, Beedrill, Venusaur, Blastoise and Clefairy
Aggron
Spinda
Basculin(Same as Goldeen but has the chance of Attack)
Meloetta Pirouette Forme
Ageislash
Heliolisk
Volcanion
Rowlet
Primarina
Oricorio(Forme actually depends on the Stage you're playing)
Lycanrock(All 3)
Steenee
Turtonator
Drampa
Dhelmise
Tapu Koko
ALL Ultra Beasts

>Stages
Battle Royal from Pokemon Sun and Moon(One Base Platform and one Big Upper one. a Pokemon form their respective Gates comes out after a while)
Tetris Field(Flat Stage with no Pits where SURPRISE, Tetrominos fall of the sky)
Some battle arena from Tekken(Final Destination but with Corners and 0 Edges to grab on)
The Rhythm Heaven(1 Base and 4 Little Platforms in front of a Stage, Fan Club and other songs trigger a Performance)
Diamond City Tour(a Touring Stage going around Diamond City)
Edge of the Universe(Randomly generating Stage that changes Layout ever 1 Minute just like the Stage Transition feature. same Feeling of ''End of the World'' like Smash for 3DS and Wii U)

>Echo Fighters
Shadow(Down B is something called Chaos Blast, Final smash is Chaos Control)
Isabelle(Final Smash is basically the same except Different House and TN, Lyle and Lottie are there)
Ninten
Ken
Octolings(and yes they're Octo Expansion Octolings)
Blood Falcon
Hilda

>Newcomers
Jokes on you, I don't actually know them but I Know their titles of their respective Reveal trailers and where are going to be released
>''The Battle Royal Champion Rises up''
>''Dancing Crew''
>''BIG Battle in the fields''
>''Welcome to Rhythm Heaven''
>''Once a Wise man said''

>Pokemon World Champoinships Finals on August 26
>Nintendo Direct in the Next 2 months
>2nd Smash Direct somewhere on November
>Game Awards 2018

If anyone wants to take a guess at the characters based on the reveal trailers be my guest. A reveal trailer at the Pokemon World Championships is a new idea for sure, but a welcome one.
Leak about the final content of Smash Bros Ultimate. (Sorry for my bad english).
-There are going to be three new characters, which is strange because one of theme was going to be anounced at the direct after Rathalos, the character is Hunter from MH. The other two characters are Geno from Mario RPG and Skull Kid from Zelda Majora's Mask.
-I saw Waddle Dee but not sure if it is a character or a Assist.
-There are not going to be more echo fighters at the moment.
-Sorry Waluigi fans, he still in the game as a assist.
The secret mode is like the adventure mode from melee, but with a story and some scenes.
-There are more than 1000 trophies, its like a recopilation of WiiU and 3Ds, and a few new ones.
-Will return Break the target.
-The online is like WiiU but with a few changes in some modes.

I think Monster Hunter/another Capcom character is pretty likely tbh. That's all I've got to say on this one.
New:
>Geno
>Skull Kid
>Lloyd Irving
>Bandana Dee
>Heihachi Mishima

Echos:
>Ken
>Isabelle
>Shadow
>Dixie Kong

DLC:
>Isaac
>Banjo
>Octoling
>Mii Costumes will eventually all be fighters

New Mode:
>Spirits Mode
>Relive the spirit of each game
>Play through one story for each IP
>Black Knight boss
>Yggdrasil boss
>Bulbax boss

Marketing:
>Nothing TGS
>Mid-Late September Direct
>Special Halloween Blog Post
>Early November Direct
>Famitsu Interview Mid November
>Retirement Letter on Release Day

Leaks:
>Mart under observation (Bye Vergeben)
>I will post again after the September Direct

Somewhat interesting. DLC in planning is suspect AF though, as is all Mii Costumes being fighters. What do you think is meant by "Mart under observation?
Okay lads, got one more leak for ya.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, the trail went cold, but I just got some new info on some Smash content that hasn't been announced yet.

The hidden gamemode is Spirits, which is a bossrush mode, with bosses being from different properties that Nintendo or 3rd party companies own. This includes Dracula, Rathalos, Eggman and Rayquaza. It'll function similarly to classic but with little dynamic cutscenes featuring your party and the boss.
Unfortunately they cut all-star mode because of the end roster being 80~ characters, Smashdown being it's replacement.

Sakurai has decided to use echoes as a way of putting in lots of characters without as much work, their uniqueness varies. Shadow, Roll, Isabel and Gary being in as echoes.

Banjo-Kazooie and Crash Bandicoot were considered, but were passed on due to being associated with rival companies. Rayman made it in cause of Nintendo's good relationship with Ubisoft.

Nintendo are still sitting on some stages and modes, which might not be announced until very close to release.

I also heard Bayo is being harshly nerfed, and that balancing is still an issue.

I'll keep everyone updated if I hear more, stay frosty.

And now to anon for more "leak" coverage!

Jokes aside, Spirits being a simple boss rush would be kinda lame. Also, Banjo-Kazooie and Crash being passed on due to "being associated with rival companies" completely goes against Sakurai's design philosophy of "**** the console wars."
Hey guys, the next smash direct is early-mid october and will showcase the final roster for the game. Sakurai is planning to leave some characters unshown to be a suprise in the games launch (Mainly 2 Echos i am unaware of). I am unaware of who will be shown at the direct because it is in planning stage but i do have some names which include:

Heihachi: Namco is getting another rep and the newcomers are basically half of the mii costumes from smash 4. Heihachi also shares the same gimmick as ryu.

Geno: I personally dont think i need to explain this to you guys. There is now a much larger team behind this game allowing sakurai to put geno in.

Skullkid: i got word of him from a different source and im not so sure. With somewhat if youd say “proof”. Personally believe they scrapped his assist for Moon.

Blackshadow(Echo): Captain Falcon is finally getting another rep and will be most likely revealed with shadow.He will play like old ganon but with different smash attacks.

Shadow: Another 3rd party rep. But will be more doctor mario like. His recovery is his teleport. If you shadow fans are wondering yes he can say “damn”.

Isabelle: Her assist trophy absence shouldve gave it away. No need to explain.

Gen7Pkmn: Got word of Golisopod to follow the villain theme. Personally its a mixedbag.

This is all i know and i am unware of what the game mode is. The two characters that are available at launch are unknown. But you should be seeing some sort of Rythm Heaven representation in the game.

Standard fare.

Is it bad that I'm not excited for some characters because they show up in a bunch of fake leaks? Because the new big four/five (Geno, Shadow, Isabelle, Skull Kid, Bandana Dee) being our only newcomers would be kind of disappointing to me.
Shocked Isaac isn't becoming the more "obvious" choice.

Time to read!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
i was more pointing it out for other people, lol. u gucci budd

well aware :p

Shocked Isaac isn't becoming the more "obvious" choice.

Time to read!
Well, I mean, I mostly agree with you but I’m away from my computer so I can’t make a proper response.

I’m still of the “information of dubious quality” camp. That a leaker can get mixed information from the same source.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
So, there's a minimum of 10 assist trophies but no more than 20 left and here are a few things to consider:

-A consistent Smash rule has been that third party franchises with playable reps (minus DLC) get one assist trophy. The assist trophies for Street Fighter and Final Fantasy are MIA.

-Mario has two at the moment. It had 3 in Brawl and 4 in Smash 4.

-Kid Icarus has no ATs at the moment. It had 2 in Smash 4.

-Devil, Infantry and Tanks, Kat and Ana, Lakitu and Spinies, and Saki are currently MIA despite being in Brawl and Smash 4.
Street Fighter's best choice for an AT would be Dan performing his Legendary Taunt super.

FF has a wide array of options but most likely I see is a Summon akin to Midgar or a character like Kain using his Jump command on a Target or something.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Speaking of datamining, I sort of just remembered the characters that were datamined from Brawl that we used to call the Forbidden 7: Doc, Roy, Mewtwo, Dixie, Toon Zelda, Toon Sheik (possibly Tetra), and "Pra Mar" (some people think it might have been Plusle and Minun). Kind of surprised nobody brings this up when it comes to the possibility of Dixie getting added this time around, especially since the original plan was supposedly to have Diddy and Dixie as a sort of tagteam.
I brought it up once or twice when I mentioned my far-fetched theory of "Everyone is here!" including literally everyone, even characters that Sakurai has considered for Smash but dropped. Things like Geno, Heihachi, Chrom and the Forbidden 7

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So the assist trophy purge isn't over yet though huh?
Yeah there are still some more Assist Trophies that have yet to pop up. Although the following aren't officially confirmed, they probably have the best odds of being Assist Trophies again.
  • Kat & Ana
  • Isabelle
  • Skull Kid
Shadow could potentially get the playable promotion, but it would feel like a waste if he was nothing more than an Echo Fighter.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
HEY. HOW ABOUT INSTEAD OF TALKING ABOUT THE SAME TWO "LEAKS" WE TALK ABOUT THESE ONES INSTEAD?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
On Sept. 9th a brand new character will be revealed, but it won't however be in a direct, basically similar to how they revealed Robin & Lucina. Since i don't loose my job, i'll post 2 hints about who the character is...

Standard ****. Companies that come to mind are Atlus, Microsoft, Koei Tecmo, Id Software, Ubisoft, Activision, or Rare

No, my uncle doesn’t work at Nintendo. A good friend works at Bandai Namco, though. We’ve known each other since university years ago so I trust he’s not a liar, and I wanted to wait until the most recent direct since he wasn’t sure WHEN certain characters and features would be revealed, just that they would be. Fortunately, we’re an ocean apart so he feels this is a tight enough alibi for him not being “connected” to it. No, I am not Japanese, he was just an international student.

Side note – this is not ALL the information about the game. Just a big chunk of things I know about through him. But I figure that since so many people are posting such tame “leaks” I figured I might as well blow the load of the info I’m sitting on and maybe get some of them to stop.

Let's begin.

-No, “Spirits” is not Adventure Mode or Subspace Emissary. It’s actually a daily challenge mode, similar to that of Event Matches. Specifically, it’s a daily challenge mode where you can unlock characters. It’s tied to your Switch’s internal clock, and every day there’s a new character to unlock. But the thing is – it’s randomized. One person might get Pichu on day 1, another might get Simon Belmont. This was made to keep the “unexpectedness” of unlocking characters when they’ve already decided to show off every release roster character prior to launch. Once you’ve unlocked every character, the daily challenges still appear, but you win in game coins and trophies through it. In game coins are just used to buy more trophies or as Continues when you fail in Classic or All Star modes.

-You can still unlock characters in the “secret” ways, such as playing a certain number of Smash battles and through various hidden Stadium and Classic Mode challenges. Spirits was made for the people who don’t have the time to grind out multiplayer matches.

-All Star is structured like it was in Smash for WiiU – starting with the most recent characters and then working your way back towards the oldest characters.

-Online is a big feature of the next Nintendo Direct alongside the Fall and Winter release schedule, slated for late September alongside the paid online service’s launch. They’ll go over the modes in a Smash focused section. For Fun and For Glory both return, but For Glory now has 2 modes – with and without Final Smash meters. Stage selection in For Glory is still random, but now randomly changes between Omega and Battlefield forms per match. The stage hazard toggle is NOT applicable to For Glory, it is solely for local play and the online Tourney mode.

-Unique Break the Targets, Board the Platforms, and Smash Tour are all cut. Break the Targets has returned to its Brawl format of the same layout for every character, only now there are 8 difficulty levels. Smash Tour has returned, but it can only be played multiplayer via online or local wireless. The map is bigger and you can interact with the other players, but otherwise the game is the same. Normal enemies are there like in 3DS, however now Assist Trophies also show up as “bosses” – not to be confused with stage bosses. This is part of the reason why it was made possible to attack Assist Trophies; they act as stronger and tougher foes in Smash Run and drop better rewards – Smash Run powerups, rarer trophies, and CDs – and yes, CDs return.

-Yes, Shadow is playable now. He functions similar to Chrom – all of his special moves and normal moves echo Sonic, though instead of a Spring his Up Special is a teleport. From what I’ve seen it’s closest to Mewtwo – this is made fun of in his reveal “trailer” (not a unique one, just a reveal and some gameplay like with Chrom and Dark Samus) where he and Mewtwo trade blows as cloned ultimate lifeforms. His Final Smash is a clone of Sonic as well. He has the second fastest ground speed of all characters, just slightly behind Sonic.

-Ken was never considered for Ryu. Akuma was, but was scrapped early since he felt “too weak” – Sakurai wanted to evoke the same feeling of Akuma in the Street Fighter 2 series but realized it would just be a “better” Ryu and devalue him.

-Yes, Geno is playable now. Rights were never a problem prior to this, simply relevancy, which is no longer an issue. He has a gameplay gimmick of Flower Points being tied to his special moves, and only being able to replenish them through his Geno Boost Down Special move – it is just called that, it does not work like it does in Super Mario RPG. His Final Smash is the Geno Flash canon.

-Yes, Decidueye is the playable Pokemon representative, not Incineroar, Lycanroc, or Tapu Koko. His appearance in Pokken Tournament served as some of the moveset inspiration, and will be mentioned at his reveal.

-Shovel Knight and his appearance as an assist trophy will be mentioned in the “Nindies” segment at the end of the September Nintendo Direct when talking about how Nintendo supports and thanks the indie developers who use their platforms. This will lead into the reveal of Shantae as a playable fighter. Shovel Knight had the explosive Western popularity, which lead to him being an Assist Trophy at all, but Shantae likewise had Western and Japanese popularity, plus more moveset potential and a longer legacy for her choice. This will be stated in the December Smash Direct, as the October Nintendo Direct will only feature a character trailer.

-Tingle is slated to be the final character reveal prior to launch. I do not know about his moveset, just that his reveal trailer is a similar fakeout like in King K Rool’s – a heroic silhouette is revealed to just be a balloon that Tingle shaped and shone a flashlight behind. He appears as he does in the Wind Waker and Tingle spinoff style. As such, he still appears on Great Bay in his Majora’s Mask visual style even when Tingle is being played, similar to Link or Young Link on the Spirit Train not triggering Alfonzo to arrive. “DON’T leave it to me!”

-Despite his creator’s request, Travis Touchdown was apparently passed up as a character due to his personality being too hard to adjust – violence and sex could be reduced for Bayonetta, but Travis’ problem was his foul language being too iconic to him to remove and too distracting to tone down. He DOES appear as a standard trophy.

-From what I can tell, Banjo and Kazooie were NEVER considered for the roster. I asked my contact friend about them, and he said he’d never heard their name mentioned.

-Skull Kid returns as an Assist Trophy – yes, the Moon also appears as an assist trophy, but the two are unconnected.

-Steve was likewise never considered to be a playable fighter outside of very early drafts – allegedly it boiled down to his animations being too stiff to work with, and bending his joints akin to the Telltale series of games looking too awkward. However, a Minecraft stage was planned, but ultimately cut as well. It was to be a mountain range that characters could “dig” through the terrain by attacking to reach the other players, but it was cut due to the mechanics leaving gameplay feeling less like Smash since characters spent too much time trying to get to each other.

-There is 1 Assist Trophy planned for every 3rd Party series. Ryu has Chun Li (attackable, uses her Hyakuretsu Kyaku and Spinning Bird Kick). Cloud has Aerith (Forms a healing field similar to that of the new item). Shantae has Risky Boots (appears in the background on a pirate ship, firing cannonballs on the stage).

-Other new assist trophies include the Wii Balance Board, which tilts the camera left and right (just the camera, not the actual stage); Camilla from Fire Emblem Fates, who rides on her Wyvern to breathe fire and swoop to attack with her axe (this is an attackable Assist Trophy); Giygas, who functions like Nightmare did in Smash for WiiU and 3DS, only with the Giygas pattern instead of just a black screen; and Mipha (heals the player that summoned her and gives them a brief invincibility buff).

-Finally – there WILL be another fighter ballot announced prior to launch. However, it will not be announced until the Smash Direct which takes place in the first week of December, and will not launch itself until the release of the game on the 7th. Sakurai will thank everyone for their feedback from the first ballot, and say how it helped to shape Ultimate into the game it is, and wants them to help shape it going forward (DLC) as well.

Have fun with the info guys. I'll stick around to answer any questions if I left something out,

Also, their proposed "Spirits" mode is horrible. Unlocking one character a day is a horrible idea, and there's no way Sakurai and his team would consider that "streamlined."
>Smash Quest is a new mode included in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. With similarities to Adventure Mode and Smash Run. Players must make their way through various stages based on popular Nintendo franchies including. Kirby,Metroid,Pikmin,Zelda and Mario. Battling hordes enemies from each represented series.

Standard fare.
>Isabelle

Will be revealed (probably nonchalantly) in a mini-direct for the Switch online service. Villager echo.

Will all be revealed in an october direct. Skull Kid's reveal will transition into a reveal for the story mode, Smash Spirits.

>Geno
Will be revealed either during or after 2018's game awards as a special "surprise" character announcement. Most likely Nintendo will tweet an announcement an hour beforehand and then release a trailer for him on Youtube.

Say hello to the next top 5 characters to appear in supposed leaks. Get used to this group because you're going to be seeing it to the point of boredom.
I would be posting on Reddit but some of my coworkers know my username so I have to post here. I'm taking a big risk by telling you all what exactly I do for Nintendo, but I'm basically a translator.
I cannot say for what language because it's likely I will get caught or get my whole team in trouble. Anyway, here's what I can share so far.

>Skull Kid is most definitely a playable character. His FS is called "Majora's Wrath" but that's all I know.
>The next Direct is happening in September, but I do not know the exact date. It's not a Smash Direct, but two new characters will be shown.
>Many references to "Tatl" and "Tael" while translating, possible they are in his moveset.

I do not see many images or gameplay videos as I only have to translate text, and most of the work I've been doing for the past couple weeks is mostly about Skull Kid and the next Direct.
And while we're on the topic of the Direct, it's probably not going to be very long because I haven't got much to translate.

That's sarcasm I do not.
Hey guys, I am a graphic designer for Bandai on the Tekken 7 team and my partner who was on my team switched over to NoA for the same job. He now is helping plan the October direct that is happening later on with editing and what they want to show in the video. I am posting this because we are tired of seeing "i work at NoA". I have been working with bandai for 5 years so far and my partner was just transferred about 2 year ago. I have been told what will happen in the Smash Brother segment. I only knew about one character from my department.

The character that will be revealed in the beginning is Geno & Heihachi. I had to work with Sora ltd team last July in Kyoto to plan out Heihachi and he will have the same lock like Ryu. Neither of us know when Geno was developed because that is not our job, he works with video edit/plan.

In the middle Shadow the Hedgehog and Blackshadow will be revealed in gameplay. Also Isabelle from Animal Crossing will be joining.

NoA does not have much to do with Smash only marketing and planning events/directs.
Mainly Sora ltd and Bandai are the only ones who actually have development on the game. I will contact again next month to give trailer details.

This one had an interesting image attached to it, trying to provide some verification like an AMA on Reddit. Of course, there's no way to tell if it's true, so it means nothing. Personally, this group of characters being revealed together would practically break the internet, and I'd love to see it.
So I did a ton of digging into what we can expect coming out of Smash Ultimate ever since the Direct. Exploring how many fighters there will be, and whether or not we will be getting any more stages. And finally the mysterious adventure mode dubbed Spirits. And I have uncovered a few things that may prove enlightening.

First up, the newcomers. Specifically, we will be having Shadow, Isabelle, Skull Kid, and Geno as our remaining fighters. Skull Kid specifically will be our next character to be revealed with Geno being the last.

Dixie Kong is a part of Diddy's new Final Smash as they do a team attack of sorts.

Kirby, Pokémon, Excitebike, Tetris, and Minecraft all have new stages dedicated to them.

In Classic Mode, each character's rounds have set encounters to combat against each time. Even if said character isn't unlocked.

All-Star Battle requires unlocking every single fighter before you can play it once again. The order you fight each character is based on the order said character joined, with Echo Fighters being paired with their original counterparts. It will consist of eight battles against eight opponents each.

This mode called "Spirits" is a new mode that is ranked somewhere between Adventure Mode and Subspace Emissary. There are many different ways you can play it, and it is possible to unlock every single fighter in the game playing it.

Speaking of which, outside of the Mii Fighters, there are 74 fighters in total, outside of "Spirits" and the usual "fighting over and over again,", they all have their unique methods of unlocking.

>Skull Kid and Geno will be announced in September's Nintendo direct alongside Isabelle as an echo fighter
>November will have another Smash direct. Tapu Koko, Black Shadow and Banjo and Kazooie will all be announced as well as Shadow, Dixie, and Ken as echo fighters.
>November direct will also show off the new adventure mode, titled "spirits" and the announcement of DLC starting in 2019
>Some DLC characters that are being proposed at the moment are Rex, Springman, A new pokemon that will appear in gen 8, Crash Bandicoot, Pip Boy and Sora.
>Smash Ultimate is expected to have a longer DLC run than Wii U/3DS, so expect a lot of new content

The weirdest thing here is Pip Boy as potential DLC. Fallout representation would be pretty cool though.
I know this is probably the 1000th leak you're gonna read on 4chan, but if you perhaps enjoy reading these leaks once in a while, I would urge you to take a look at this. I have a source, who I have no reason to mistrust, who told me the entire roster. He told me all of this before the Smash Bros Direct on 8/8, which is a good reason to trust him and I’d like to share what I have heard with you guys. I’ll try to type out everything he has told me with as much precision as possible.
My “source” claims to have seen various images of the (beta?) final game, mostly menu screens, but also some gameplay screens. Most screenshots didn’t how much interesting stuff, but there are three which showed some interesting information that we haven’t seen yet. One is the final roster, one is the final stage select screen and the last one is a menu screen, which “might” be part of the “spirits” menu.
Let’s start with the roster. My source mentioned these were ALL the characters he has seen, meaning there won’t be any characters added (apart from potential DLC) beside these.
Bandana Dee
The Wonderful 101
Captain N
Kasumi
Banjo & Kazooie
Funky Kong (echo)
Ken (echo)
Ms. Pacman (echo)

Note that my source saw the character select screen, but unfortunately none of the new characters were selected, which means he is not sure how the characters are actually named. For example, he mentions “the Wonderful 101”, since he clearly stated to me that multiple characters of the game were present in the icon “He remembers Wonder Red, Blue, Pink, Green, but wasn’t sure if Wonder Yellow, Black or White were also visible in the icon. Playable characters might just as well be called “Wonder Red” or “The Wonderful Ones”

About the echo characters, my source believes these are echo fighters since they were placed next to the characters they are an echo off, instead of the end of the roster, which is happening with all non-echo newcomers. This way he was able to dedact that Funky Kong is a Diddy Kong echo, Lana is a Zelda echo, Ken is a Ryu echo and Ms. Pacman is a Pacman echo. Note that he might be wrong with this assumption and perhaps they are original characters or echoes from a completely different character. To be honest I find Funky being a Diddy echo a bit surprising.

As for the stages, again, no names of the actual stages we're seen, meaning that actual name mentioned here might differ in the final version and the names placed here are just guesses.

The final stages are:

Port Mackarell
Danger Zone
Click Clock Wood
Jungle Factory (Honestly this last name is just a guess, he claims it is possibly a Donkey Kong stage, but he wasn't sure. Conveyor belts were clearly vissible and there was a jungle background).

Finally the last screen he mentioned shows the possibility to select between three chapters, much like selecting an event in the previous games. We might think it's the first screen you get to when going into the "spirits" menu, but perhaps it's located in some complete different location.

Three options are shown woth below them a set of character icons. We don't if that means you eaither play as the characters or perhaps you fight against them.

The second event was called "A villainous showdown" and showed Bowser, Bowser Jr., Ganondorf, King Dedede, Ridley, King K. Rool, Wolf and Mewtwo.
The final event was named "The smash master", icons showed Captain N, Lana, Simon Belmont, Megaman, Pit,.

Captain N would be the best WTF inclusion ever. Period. No questions. Kasumi as a third party pick is somewhat left-field, but believable. I also can't wait to be swarmed by the stage hazards in Port Mackarell. Bonus points if the CPUs you're fighting are useless against them like all of my teammates in Salmon Run who go off on their own and get murdered.

I mean what?
Hello /v. I have been working on SSBU (as my first ever job in th video game industry) and I want to give you some information to you.
This isn't a leak, because in all honesty I do not know every character or piece of information in the game.
2 days before the direct I did say Belmont and K Rool would be announced soon, but it didn't get noticed.
Secondly, I want to say I am not giving any information about my job because that would put me at risk of gaining a permanent contract.
>Geno
>Skull Kid
>Isaac
These 3 I have seen images and other forms of media as playable characters. These 3 were early choices in this game with the other newcomers announced so far
>An indie character wanted to be represented, the final decision was Shantae! (I have not heard anything about Minecraft since and NOTHING on Undertale.)
>The "Weird" pick this year is Neku Sakubara from "The World Ends With You" - I am not too sure what this game is but I have looked it up and it looks pretty fun!
>A few months ago there was a mini project for a new kirby representative, I am unknown whether this is going through still.
>Echo fighters I know of and have seen certain images of is Ken, Rex, Shadow, Black Shadow, Impa, Isabelle & Ninten.
Take all this with a grain of salt, because some may have been changed because not of all this information is up to date.
>There will be unlockable costumes aswell, e.g. MetaRidley, Boxer DK etc. They have been hinted at subetly.
>There is planned to be DLC in this game, and there will be a second fighter ballot. Also, I have heard that Assist Trophies can be upgraded if popular.
The Directs are not revealed to me until a few days before, so I don't know when the next is.
Finally, I am going to end on this bit of code that means something, and also post launch, I can prove something to give more information on for the DLC leak.
-.l41-slkr5.--.100j8a

If anybody wants to take a crack at that code be my guest. Rex as an echo fighter is absolutely ridiculous.
Repostan my info

Eveyrone from Brawl and Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS is here except Little Mac, Shadow and Isabelle
Tempo(Harmoknight)
Lana(HW)
Cross(XCX)
Duster(Mother 3)
Mallo(Pushmo)
Qbby(Boxboy)
Slime(DQ)
Shantae
Wonder Red

All the ones from Smash for 3DS and WiiU Plus Manaphy, Munchlax, Bonsly, Groudon, Unown, Entei, Beedrill, Venusaur, Blastoise and Clefairy
Aggron
Spinda
Meloetta Pirouette Forme
Ageislash
Heliolisk
Volcanion
Rowlet
Primarina
Lycanrock(All 3)
Steenee
Turtonator
Drampa
Dhelmise
Tapu Koko
ALL Ultra Beasts

>Stages
Battle Royal from Pokemon Sun and Moon(One Base Platform and one Big Upper one. a Pokemon form their respective Gates comes out after a while)
Tetris Field(Flat Stage with no Pits where SURPRISE, Tetrominos fall of the sky)
Some battle arena from Tekken(Final Destination but with Corners and 0 Edges to grab on)
The Rhythm Heaven(1 Base and 4 Little Platforms in front of a Stage, Fan Club and other songs trigger a Performance)
Edge of the Universe(Randomly generating Stage that changes Layout ever 1 Minute just like the Stage Transition feature. same Feeling of ''End of the World'' like Smash for 3DS and Wii U)

>Echo Fighters
Isabelle(Final Smash is basically the same except Different House and TN, Lyle and Lottie are there)
Ninten
Ken
Blood Falcon
Hilda

>Newcomers
Jokes on you, I don't actually know them but I Know their titles of their respective Reveal trailers and where are going to be released
>''Dancing Crew''

>Game Awards 2018

If anyone wants to take a guess at the characters based on the reveal trailers be my guest. A reveal trailer at the Pokemon World Championships is a new idea for sure, but a welcome one.
Leak about the final content of Smash Bros Ultimate. (Sorry for my bad english).
-There are going to be three new characters, which is strange because one of theme was going to be anounced at the direct after Rathalos, the character is Hunter from MH. The other two characters are Geno from Mario RPG and Skull Kid from Zelda Majora's Mask.
The secret mode is like the adventure mode from melee, but with a story and some scenes.
-There are more than 1000 trophies, its like a recopilation of WiiU and 3Ds, and a few new ones.

I think Monster Hunter/another Capcom character is pretty likely tbh. That's all I've got to say on this one.
New:
>Geno
>Skull Kid
>Lloyd Irving
>Bandana Dee
>Heihachi Mishima

Echos:
>Ken
>Isabelle
>Shadow
>Dixie Kong

DLC:
>Isaac
>Banjo
>Octoling

New Mode:
>Spirits Mode
>Black Knight boss
>Yggdrasil boss
>Bulbax boss

Marketing:
>Nothing TGS
>Early November Direct

Leaks:

Somewhat interesting. DLC in planning is suspect AF though, as is all Mii Costumes being fighters. What do you think is meant by "Mart under observation?

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, the trail went cold, but I just got some new info on some Smash content that hasn't been announced yet.

The hidden gamemode is Spirits, which is a bossrush mode, with bosses being from different properties that Nintendo or 3rd party companies own. This includes Dracula, Rathalos, Eggman and Rayquaza. It'll function similarly to classic but with little dynamic cutscenes featuring your party and the boss.
Unfortunately they cut all-star mode because of the end roster being 80~ characters, Smashdown being it's replacement.

Sakurai has decided to use echoes as a way of putting in lots of characters without as much work, their uniqueness varies. Shadow, Roll, Isabel and Gary being in as echoes.

Banjo-Kazooie and Crash Bandicoot were considered, but were passed on due to being associated with rival companies. Rayman made it in cause of Nintendo's good relationship with Ubisoft.

Nintendo are still sitting on some stages and modes, which might not be announced until very close to release.

I also heard Bayo is being harshly nerfed, and that balancing is still an issue.

Jokes aside, Spirits being a simple boss rush would be kinda lame. Also, Banjo-Kazooie and Crash being passed on due to "being associated with rival companies" completely goes against Sakurai's design philosophy of "**** the console wars."
Hey guys, the next smash direct is early-mid october and will showcase the final roster for the game. Sakurai is planning to leave some characters unshown to be a suprise in the games launch (Mainly 2 Echos i am unaware of). I am unaware of who will be shown at the direct because it is in planning stage but i do have some names which include:

Heihachi: Namco is getting another rep and the newcomers are basically half of the mii costumes from smash 4. Heihachi also shares the same gimmick as ryu.

Geno: I personally dont think i need to explain this to you guys. There is now a much larger team behind this game allowing sakurai to put geno in.

Skullkid: i got word of him from a different source and im not so sure. With somewhat if youd say “proof”. Personally believe they scrapped his assist for Moon.

Blackshadow(Echo): Captain Falcon is finally getting another rep and will be most likely revealed with shadow.He will play like old ganon but with different smash attacks.

Shadow: Another 3rd party rep. But will be more doctor mario like. His recovery is his teleport. If you shadow fans are wondering yes he can say “damn”.

Gen7Pkmn: Got word of Golisopod to follow the villain theme. Personally its a mixedbag.

This is all i know and i am unware of what the game mode is. The two characters that are available at launch are unknown. But you should be seeing some sort of Rythm Heaven representation in the game.

Standard fare.

Is it bad that I'm not excited for some characters because they show up in a bunch of fake leaks? Because the new big four/five (Geno, Shadow, Isabelle, Skull Kid, Bandana Dee) being our only newcomers would be kind of disappointing to me.
I mean I’d like Bandana Dee and I’m ok with Shadow and Isabelle, but Skull Kid and Geno are kinda meh for me

Also Rex as an echo excuse me

Lack of Elma too... :c

I can see Ultimate having a much, much longer DLC period though, though part of me worries what they’ll do with regard to stages.

also thank God there’s no Gothitelle in these leaks :awesome:

Enchess

Smash Lord

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Let's begin.

Standard fare.
>Isabelle

>Geno

That's sarcasm I do not.

Bandana Dee
The Wonderful 101
Captain N
Kasumi
Banjo & Kazooie
Funky Kong (echo)
Ken (echo)
Ms. Pacman (echo)

The final stages are:

Port Mackarell
Danger Zone
Click Clock Wood

I mean what?
>Geno
>Skull Kid
>Isaac
-.l41-slkr5.--.100j8a

Repostan my info

Tempo(Harmoknight)
Lana(HW)
Cross(XCX)
Duster(Mother 3)
Mallo(Pushmo)
Qbby(Boxboy)
Slime(DQ)
Shantae
Wonder Red

Aggron
Spinda
Meloetta Pirouette Forme
Ageislash
Heliolisk
Volcanion
Rowlet
Primarina
Lycanrock(All 3)
Steenee
Turtonator
Drampa
Dhelmise
Tapu Koko
ALL Ultra Beasts

>Stages

>Echo Fighters
Ninten
Ken
Blood Falcon
Hilda

>Newcomers
>''Dancing Crew''

>Game Awards 2018

New:
>Geno
>Skull Kid
>Lloyd Irving
>Bandana Dee
>Heihachi Mishima

Echos:
>Ken
>Isabelle
>Shadow
>Dixie Kong

DLC:
>Isaac
>Banjo
>Octoling

New Mode:
>Spirits Mode
>Black Knight boss
>Yggdrasil boss
>Bulbax boss

Marketing:
>Nothing TGS
>Early November Direct

Leaks:

Standard fare.

Those almost exclusively seem like piggybacks, so I don't have much to say. Honestly I'm just hoping if I keep bring Fatal Frame up it'll show up in more leaks and we'll get real discussion going.

Hey, 4chan, leak Fatal Frame rep and then also playable Primarina so we know you got this from me.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Speaking of datamining, I sort of just remembered the characters that were datamined from Brawl that we used to call the Forbidden 7: Doc, Roy, Mewtwo, Dixie, Toon Zelda, Toon Sheik (possibly Tetra), and "Pra Mar" (some people think it might have been Plusle and Minun). Kind of surprised nobody brings this up when it comes to the possibility of Dixie getting added this time around, especially since the original plan was supposedly to have Diddy and Dixie as a sort of tagteam.
Just saying but Sakurai most likely has a unique dixie moveset laying around somewhere, it's time to put it to use sir

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
but that really wasn't the point of my post - it was more stating that, even if it becomes real, there's nothing else that it proves. If, say, we get Minecraft content, we can assume Incineroar and Isabelle are probably coming. With this, if the Gardevoir thing becomes real, it's like, great for them we have nothing else to really work with lol.
Vergeben is still unsure of Incineroar and hasn't gotten any corroboration on it from his other sources yet, so until that happens Isabelle and Minecraft content being real wouldn't bode much for Incineroar, rather than it just ensuring Decidueye and Lycanroc aren't happening.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
ATM there's (and correct me if I'm wrong on any of this DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon - I'm counting the big whales over here) the following:

-Vergeben - Minecraft content. Isabelle. Incineroar possibly/no Decidueye or Lycanroc for 7th gen Pokemon. Does not know if Isabelle is echo or not.

the outlier:
-Neogaf Link - ask someone for it. tons of characters. contradicts everyone else so it'd need to be true on it's own and probably just it's own.
In addition to that there's this supposed leak, dubbed by some as the ProtonMail leak, which I've put in spoilers below
Super Smash Bros. Direct will reveal Simon Belmont. Menu will be shown off.

-----BEGIN-----
Version: BCPG C# v1.6.1.0
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=7xNq
-----END-----

The code leads to a now empty inbox that had this message:
1533699707431-1.png
There are like two more that are on the "Leaks" of Interest list, but they say very little, and aren't up there with the big boys.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
In addition to that there's this supposed leak, dubbed by some as the ProtonMail leak, which I've put in spoilers below

-----BEGIN-----

DWBKyGfsPRBe4lE/
=7xNq
-----END-----

View attachment 157190
There are like two more that are on the "Leaks" of Interest list, but they say very little, and aren't up there with the big boys.
I’m ok with the ProtonMail leak, I’d be fine with all 5, and they even said “Not the complete list”

Crosses fingers for Elma and Chorus Kids

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Final Fantasy's lack of songs shouldn't hurt Geno's chances anyways because SMRPG music would no doubt play on Mario stages anyways. It's kind of like how the music from DK Jungle Beat and Star Fox Assault technically are part Namco's because they helped developed those games but they're not categorized differently because of this. Hell, Yoko Shimomura has been making music for Smash since Brawl so there's a ton of factors as to why there's literally no excuse for no SMRPG music this time around unless Square Enix decides to be total pricks about it. On a different tangent, FF only getting two tracks again would be really obnoxious because Square Enix is an absolute goldmine when it comes to video game soundtracks. Not just Final Fantasy either but both Chrono games, the Mana games, the Kingdom Hearts games, and even one offs like the World Ends with You.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Final Fantasy's lack of songs shouldn't hurt Geno's chances anyways because SMRPG music would no doubt play on Mario stages anyways. It's kind of like how the music from DK Jungle Beat and Star Fox Assault technically are part Namco's because they helped developed those games but they're not categorized differently because of this. Hell, Yoko Shimomura has been making music for Smash since Brawl so there's a ton of factors as to why there's literally no excuse for no SMRPG music this time around unless Square Enix decides to be total pricks about it. On a different tangent, FF only getting two tracks again would be really obnoxious because Square Enix is an absolute goldmine when it comes to video game soundtracks. Not just Final Fantasy either but both Chrono games, the Mana games, the Kingdom Hearts games, and even one offs like the World Ends with You.
Don’t forget the Enix side of Square Enix — NieR Automata, Dragon Quest, Star Ocean...

There’s also Bravely Default/Second and the new Octopath Traveler GOD why do Squeenix games have such amazing music???

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Honestly I'd freak if lloyd got in smash. He'd be a ton of fun and I spent so long modding him and cloud in brawl like 6 years ago that itd be so surreal if both got in

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hmm, it’d be interesting if Bandana Dee were just straight up called Waddle Dee for Smash

Explains why all Waddle Dees, even the non-bandana-wearing variety, were removed from Dedede’s moveset? Maybe “Bandana Waddle Dee” was too long and “Bandana Dee” was an unofficial nickname?

I may be on to something here :thonk:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Vergeben is still unsure of Incineroar and hasn't gotten any corroboration on it from his other sources yet, so until that happens Isabelle and Minecraft content being real wouldn't bode much for Incineroar, rather than it just ensuring Decidueye and Lycanroc aren't happening.
This is true, which is why I put possibly.

-----BEGIN-----

DWBKyGfsPRBe4lE/
=7xNq
-----END-----

View attachment 157190
Yeah, it's so vague that I don't want to consider it just yet, but that's definitely interesting. I think the biggest part is Bamco's Modesty going away.

agreed with all of this, also hang on just a sec.

StrangeMann StrangeMann ask around. Basically, they had Chrom as a Roy echo.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Honestly there's two characters that to to me fit, Yellow & Purple + 2 chairs.

Skull Kid & Lloyd.

Skull Kid
Yellow & Purple: Tatl and Tael
Two Chairs: Possibly referencing Hyrule & Termina where Skull Kid is from Hyrule and he ends up in Termina.

Lloyd

Yellow & Purple: Collete(Yellow hair) & Sheena(Purple Hair)
Two Chairs: Sylvarant & Tethealla the worlds in the game and one of the main plot points that is the struggle these two worlds have, which is vying for mana. Also Collette is from Sylvarant & Sheena is from Tethealla.

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
With Shovel Knight in as an assist trophy, I’m almost certain the Minecraft content in the game is surely an assist trophy.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Hmm, it’d be interesting if Bandana Dee were just straight up called Waddle Dee for Smash

Explains why all Waddle Dees, even the non-bandana-wearing variety, were removed from Dedede’s moveset? Maybe “Bandana Waddle Dee” was too long and “Bandana Dee” was an unofficial nickname?

I mean it's shorter than 'Rosalina & Luma' so I don't see why that would be an issue, and if they needed to shorten it then 'Bandana Dee' makes more sense

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Pimp BanDaDee or BanDanDee

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Don’t forget the Enix side of Square Enix — NieR Automata, Dragon Quest, Star Ocean...

There’s also Bravely Default/Second and the new Octopath Traveler GOD why do Squeenix games have such amazing music???
Sonic games aren't always the best but they always keep the music on fleek.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

-----BEGIN-----

DWBKyGfsPRBe4lE/
=7xNq
-----END-----

View attachment 157190
What's the story with this one?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Omg you reminded me of that time in the Sonic Boom cartoon when Eggman is trying to start up a new social networking site and says to the girl on her smartphone, “that’s on fleek” and she says “you sound like my mom every time she tried to relate to me”

Sorry, couldn’t resist the reference

I need Sonic Boom season 3 so badly, I hate how CN did it dirty by sticking it on ****ing Boomerang first :c my cable package doesn’t include Boomerang!!

P.Kat

Smash Champion

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Let's begin.

Standard fare.
>Isabelle

>Geno

That's sarcasm I do not.

Bandana Dee
The Wonderful 101
Captain N
Kasumi
Banjo & Kazooie
Funky Kong (echo)
Ken (echo)
Ms. Pacman (echo)

The final stages are:

Port Mackarell
Danger Zone
Click Clock Wood

I mean what?
>Geno
>Skull Kid
>Isaac
-.l41-slkr5.--.100j8a

Repostan my info

Tempo(Harmoknight)
Lana(HW)
Cross(XCX)
Duster(Mother 3)
Mallo(Pushmo)
Qbby(Boxboy)
Slime(DQ)
Shantae
Wonder Red

Aggron
Spinda
Meloetta Pirouette Forme
Ageislash
Heliolisk
Volcanion
Rowlet
Primarina
Lycanrock(All 3)
Steenee
Turtonator
Drampa
Dhelmise
Tapu Koko
ALL Ultra Beasts

>Stages

>Echo Fighters
Ninten
Ken
Blood Falcon
Hilda

>Newcomers
>''Dancing Crew''

>Game Awards 2018

New:
>Geno
>Skull Kid
>Lloyd Irving
>Bandana Dee
>Heihachi Mishima

Echos:
>Ken
>Isabelle
>Shadow
>Dixie Kong

DLC:
>Isaac
>Banjo
>Octoling

New Mode:
>Spirits Mode
>Black Knight boss
>Yggdrasil boss
>Bulbax boss

Marketing:
>Nothing TGS
>Early November Direct

Leaks:

Standard fare.

Bandana Dee is "eh :ultness:okay" to me, while I don't have any interest in Geno or Skull Kid (power to their fans though), I'm hoping Isabelle and Shadow make it through, but after what happened to Ashley, expectations are in check. Like you, I'm more interested in what third party characters we'll get considering a good chunk of my wanted list is just that.

AquaSol

Smash Apprentice
This is an idea I had today, and I thought it was interesting.

Assist trophies should be scrapped, and we should get Dragonball Fighters/Marvel vs. Capcom-style assists instead. Before you start the match, you can pick two non-playable characters (Waluigi, Isaac, Ashley, Magnus, etc.) to bring into battle with you. Each player has two "assist meters" corresponding to each character located below their percentage. By pressing a button on the controller (IDK which one), you can quickly send one of the characters out to do a brief attack. They then disappear, and you cannot send that one out again before the meter is recharged (maybe around 30 seconds). Obviously, this won't work with all assist trophies, like the Moon or Nintendog. However, I feel it is the best way to feel like you are controlling a character who isn't actually playable.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Assist trophies should be scrapped, and we should get Dragonball Fighters/Marvel vs. Capcom-style assists instead. Before you start the match, you can pick two non-playable characters (Waluigi, Isaac, Ashley, Magnus, etc.) to bring into battle with you. Each player has two "assist meters" corresponding to each character located below their percentage. By pressing a button on the controller (IDK which one), you can quickly send one of the characters out to do a brief attack. They then disappear, and you cannot send that one out again before the meter is recharged (maybe around 30 seconds). Obviously, this won't work with all assist trophies, like the Moon or Nintendog. However, I feel it is the best way to feel like you are controlling a character who isn't actually playable.
A system like that is much better suited to traditional fighting games, and I don't think it'd work in Smash Bros. at all.

Last edited:

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
On that note I peeped the Sonic music section in the direct and saw 20 songs. We had 14 songs in Smash 4 and if we get Emerald Hill back that would make 15. Inb4 we get Sonic Forces and Mania songs.

-Fist Bump
-Park Avenue
-Studiopolis

And if Shadow is in...

-Radical Highway
-All Hail Shadow

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

I'd be okay with this as a different mode. I imagine it would almost be like FS Meter in concept.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
If we have to get an 8th FE character, instead of Soren I rather they go with the Black Knight as Ike's echo so we can have another antagonist
Black Knight is honestly dope.

He’s the most unique and memorable Fire Emblem antagonist, and he just looks so badass with unique character. Well it’s is POR after all, and those were one of the best Fire Emblem games that has an actual non cookie cutter protagonist. I wouldn’t be mad if he got in.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

89C7751A-2157-4754-94DD-9CD8627A0942.png
B3DDFD63-7D19-49A1-969B-412D8713AB15.jpeg

Don’t dig it for Smash Bros. Other fighting games sure they can keep that generic way in getting help from an npc, but I’d rather keep the unique Assist Trophies than have assists like other games.
On that note I peeped the Sonic music section in the direct and saw 20 songs. We had 14 songs in Smash 4 and if we get Emerald Hill back that would make 15. Inb4 we get Sonic Forces and Mania songs.

-Fist Bump
-Park Avenue
-Studiopolis

And if Shadow is in...

-Radical Highway
-All Hail Shadow
How dare you leave out “All I Am”

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I...
Wait, I'd actually be okay with that. Wow.
Same

Whenever I hear about Minecraft the first thing I think about is Creeper rather than Steve/player character, partially because of how famous the Creeper is, I didn’t even know about Minecraft before seeing the Creeper in people’s forum avatars and wondering where it came from

It’s also somewhat memetic in itself, so

cothero

Smash Lord
AAAAAA a lot to respond to. here we go.

First off, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I'm still doing my research, but I've got mostly good news for us. Even if Final Fantasy only has two songs, it won't make Geno out of the running. I got more information and I'll DM you if interested (we need to chat more; do you have a Discord or?)

Anyways...

the outlier:

okay there we go.

please be nintencat i never wanted anything more than this

Also... hate to correct you on this, but we're at 40, so, 10 to 19 more.

Actually, that's a fair point. I do think the Kiddy Kong idea is interesting but we'll probably just see Dixie on her own as an echo of Diddy.

schrodinger's leak

(also hot take but a mario echo wouldn't be too surprising even if Mario2 means an echo)

okay finally got to posting this w/o my keyboard messing up.
Thanks mate.
Gardevoir? Now that makes me want Gengar even more. Anyway, the only leak that seems plausible is from Loz18, his track record is flawless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom