• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remmy-ro

Smash Cadet
Yo, Sceptile with a Leavanny echo would be hype.

Certainly a better idea than Gothitelle.

Gets another type shown off as well.
At least Gardevior and Gothitelle have similar body types and themes throughout their design. Leavanny is a totally out of left field echo for Sceptile

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
rong. Ashley's deconfirmation was a real hit to the heart. Yikes. After that, I realized that I needed to also contribute here. I apologize for my delay but it's always better late than never.

I just wanted to provide my reassuranc
Well, someone has to remember every legendary (and mythical Pokémon)!

Remember Heatran? And the Regi trio? And Regigigas?
I remember all of those and Palkia, and I haven't played Pokemon in two years. :)

D

Deleted member

Is there any resource that has changes of specific moves that we know of? Because there's a couple of moves that I want to see if they have changed

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Except playable franchises not getting a stage isn't unheard of.
  • Neither Ness nor Falcon had a stage in 64. This was obviously fixed in Melee, but that's beside the point.
  • Marth and Roy never got a stage in Melee. One was planned, yes, but it didn't quite make it.
  • R.O.B., you already explained.
  • And then there's the fact that Duck Hunt didn't get a stage in Smash 3DS until a patch gave out the Wii U stage for free.
We can easily get something like a Golden Sun character without a stage and it'd feel right at home anyway.
As said before, Crash Bandicoot doesn't need a stage, all we need is Stage music and stage builder backgrounds themed around snow, Island, and dragon realms

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Imo what makes the datamine leak bull**** is the fact he said “it disappeared without a trace shortly after I cracked it”

Sure Jan.
Wait, did he really?!

Someone needs to take him to skule on how to be realistic if he wants to be believed.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, Medusa may be difficult to put in as playable since she's not entirely relevant to Videogames, even so she still has a better chance of making it into Smash Bros than Goku.
I seriously doubt being inspired by a mythological figure would matter.

>literal who isn't hype
>literal who #2 is hype
View attachment 157603
Agree to disagree.
Ash had a Leavanny in the anime, so that's a hundred times more than Gothiwhatever.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Is Gothitelle even popular in Japan?...like what would be the purpose? Why are people entertaining this? If I did stupid "I'll eat a shoe" bets I would 100% do one against Gothitelle getting in Smash.

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
It's not that it's spoiler-free.

It's that Pearl and Marina are the Squid Sisters of Splatoon 2, and I don't see any playable Callie or Marie. Only Assist Trophies.
Agent 8 is however the only character with her own single player story that isn't a custom inkling/octoling

MainJPW

M.T.A
On the bright side for those that want Shadow, that might mean Shadow's being saved as a DLC candidate (Sonic fans would just have to deal with Sonic being alone again for a while despite Castlevania getting two until DLC starts). Maybe as a Sonic series character package with him and Tails together. Or Tails could even be Sonic's echo fighter in the base game and Shadow will be DLC (Which may annoy me a bit because that would mean Shadow is made more unique then Tails would be. But I'd be happy with any way Tails gets in now)
I've been thinking about this as a possibility. Wouldn't mind this in the slightest if it means Tails in and a possible unique Shadow.

Tails was pretty similar to Sonic in Fighters all things considered so it's not completely OOC. Outside of some combos and Tail moves, he shared these moves with Sonic:

He had Spin Attack, a Windup Punch (it's similar but works as an uppercut), Spin Drive, Scissor Punch, Rocket Missle and some moves that are also shared with some other fighters.

They would probably look to Fighters too since most of Sonic's moveset derives from that game.

His forward tilt is his Horse kick:

Forward Smash is the Windup Punch:

His Fair is from Emerald Drive:

Up Air scissor kick is just Scissor Punch but with his feet:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Is there any resource that has changes of specific moves that we know of? Because there's a couple of moves that I want to see if they have changed
There are a few on the Smash Wiki character pages - at least detailing from the demo.

Including the most important: Zelda's Din's Fire no longer puts her in free fall!

Iridium

Smash Hero
I remember every single Pokemon in exisistance, including typing and the region they were introduced in.
It is my curse.
Me too! I play every Pokémon game I get to the fullest!

I have all 28 forms of Unown (if you consider that an accomplishment) in OR, and I did so in less than an hour. I have no regrets.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
As said before, Crash Bandicoot doesn't need a stage, all we need is Stage music and stage builder backgrounds themed around snow, Island, and dragon realms
Except I believe third-parties can't just come without a stage, especially since all the current exceptions are purely first-party.

If 103 is the final stage count for the base game, then the third-party newcomers we can get are from already playable third-party franchises.

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
I remember every single Pokemon in exisistance, including typing and the region they were introduced in.
It is my curse.
But can you remember every Pokémon from Gens 1, 3, 6 and 7 in pokedex order off the top of your head? I actually can because I have nothing better to do lol. I still need to memorize the other gens, but those four I have on lock.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Are we still discussing the Pokemon leaks? Garvedoir would make a GREAT Gen 3 rep, but I'm unsure about the Goth Pokemon

Iridium

Smash Hero
Are we still discussing the Pokemon leaks? Garvedoir would make a GREAT Gen 3 rep, but I'm unsure about the Goth Pokemon
To be honest, I believe Gallade has a better chance of getting in, which is fine by me, because Gallade is among my favorite Psychic and Fighting type Pokémon.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Except I believe third-parties can't just come without a stage, especially since all the current exceptions are purely first-party.

If 103 is the final stage count for the base game, then the third-party newcomers we can get are from already playable third-party franchises.
I rewatched the direct, did some math looking at the stage select screen, and 103 was the count for every stage currently revealed. There's space on there for at least 6 more stages. Most franchises already represented in Smash are getting no new stages, in that case.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Was the NeoGaf leak ever debunked? I think that's the one I was talking about when I said the guy guessed some stuff

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just realized that thanks to Chrom?

Bowser will no longer be the only Nintendo parent who can beat up their child in Smash.

Fun times.

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice

Point taken, but Crash is from a Western Company, so if Crash does get a Stage it'll be a DLC stage. I'm thinking a stage from Wrath of Cortex where Crunch Bandicoot throws Crates flamethrowers, freeze rays, rocks, and blows the house down with super wind breath, and also sends and missiles at opponents, and activates elemental traps by channeling his elemental energy. Cortex, N. Gin, and N-Tranced can also be stage obsticles.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Imo what makes the datamine leak bull**** is the fact he said “it disappeared without a trace shortly after I cracked it”

Sure Jan.
The part that outright kills it is that the file effectively destroyed itself after opening it, yet he was able to get this specific info without taking any screenshots, not even a print screen.
Was that actually posted? The only followup comment on that post made by OP is that he was on booth setup and phones weren't allowed for fear of leaks. Sounds more like a situation of taking a quick gander at the code during closing time, but I sound like I'm going for a Melee Marth's grab level reach here. Still, I want them in Smash.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I just realized that thanks to Chrom?

Bowser will no longer be the only Nintendo parent who can beat up their child in Smash.

Fun times.
Female Robin says hi.

Point taken, but Crash is from a Western Company, so if Crash does get a Stage it'll be a DLC stage. I'm thinking a stage from Wrath of Cortex where Crunch Bandicoot throws Crates flamethrowers, freeze rays, rocks, and blows the house down with super wind breath, and also sends and missiles at opponents, and activates elemental traps by channeling his elemental energy. Cortex, N. Gin, and N-Tranced can also be stage obsticles.
Given that Crash himself never really got much relevance until E3 2016, over half a year after Ultimate's project plan was made, makes me think it's more likely to see anything Crash-related as DLC, including Crash himself.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
We're speculating using furniture, right? Now let's speculate using Sakurai's clothing.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
I literally dont see how someone could RIP data from a switch

Sure Jan.
I also dont see how anyone could slip in and steal data from a demo station. Like 100% of the time there will be reps around watching the demo station.

I just think its lucky guesses. Theres no way Richter would be in the data but Simon wouldnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom