• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I miss Awkwardzombie and Brawl in the Family.
Well, Katie(is that Awkwardzombie's creator?) is still doing the comics, as awkwardzombie recently just put up a Fire Emblem one involving Hector. And BitF's creator also recently did a comic strip regarding the last Smash Direct.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
That's why we need an Alolan Pokemon. I don't know why but the fact that Corrin is the latest character on the roster bothers me.
We could have had Alolan Meowth as an Echo Fighter if Meowth was added to Smash 64 or Melee. :dizzy:

You must really love Team Rocket. On a scale of 1 to 100, how much do you?

Team Rocket and Meowth are the main reason I am still watching the anime.

You know, since it really looks like Smash Run isn't coming back (RIP Best Smash 4 Mode), I hope Chandelure gets upgraded to a Poké Ball Pokémon instead of being dropped entirely.
Well, let's hope the blurred green thing on the Menu Screen is Smash Run Adventure Mode.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I can't believe we're still talking about that Gardevoir leak. Aside from the fact that its already super suspicious for a number of reasons, I don't think Sakurai is the type to pick a character like Gothitelle so he can fill in some arbitrary checkbox for represented gens. Based on what we've seen so far, I don't think he's trying to shoehorn in every single echo fighter he possibly can. Every single one of them has been popular or wanted in some way (Yes, even Dark Pit, although a little bit of Sakubias may have helped there).

Yeah Melee had some shoehorned in clones like Pichu and Dr.Mario to pad out the roster, but not only was that a long time ago, but each of those characters are still more recognizable individually then the entire Gothitelle line combined. And it's not like a roster of this size desperetly needs any padding anyway, it sells itself already with "everyone is here".

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
They mean every fighter from Smash 4 though. That part of the leak would only hold any merit to me if he said everyone is back.

Don't go through my phone if you think I think Rocket is ace or straight.
Rocket doesn't really give a Krutack whether you're male or female, or some blob with no gender, he'll Krutack you up so bad you'll be crying to Stan Lee for Mercy.

(This means he'll blow you up, probably by a class omega weapon)

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
You what suprise character I’m hoping for Ultimate since every game sans 64 got one?

An extremely obscure Japan only character.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Imo what makes the datamine leak bull**** is the fact he said “it disappeared without a trace shortly after I cracked it”

Sure Jan.
Eh where does it say that? I took another look at the 4chan thread and the guy doesn't say anything like that, he just gives his story about getting ahold of a demo copy from working at CEO, presents his info, says it's a demo so it's probably not complete, and then that's it.

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
I just realized that Sakurai would totally be willing to put Comics in Smash Bros Ultimate, or physical copies for those who want to collect. That'd be so awesome! Of course it would likely be a kid friendly Brawl-in-the-Family type comic with slightly better muted color images.

Last edited:

Remmy-ro

Smash Cadet
Okay, which Gen 5 Pokemon sticks out enough to deserve a representation for a fighting archetype we don't already have? And for bonus points, which ones can have a clone made of them from another Generation?

Sakurai has spoiled us so far. Really spoiled us. It's obvious that a choice or two or three are gonna make people mad.
I always thought Keldeo would be a cool choice ever since the Charizard/greninja reveal trailer. Looking at his animations in the Pokemon games makes me think they could come up with some pretty cool animations for his moveset

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
I had assumed it was common consensus that the characters picked this time around would be based off a combination of mii costume sales and the ballot but I'm in awe by people on Twitter seeming so amazed when alpharad pointed out the correlation of mii costumes to new characters lol. Tomorrow I'm gunna try making a list of characters I think are in but I think we still have anywhere from 6 to 8 completely new characters, and 8-10 echo fighters to go.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Okay, which Gen 5 Pokemon sticks out enough to deserve a representation for a fighting archetype we don't already have? And for bonus points, which ones can have a clone made of them from another Generation?

Sakurai has spoiled us so far. Really spoiled us. It's obvious that a choice or two or three are gonna make people mad.
Easy, Zoroark echo of Lucario. Literally an easier conclusion than Gothitelle. It's not happening.

IMO, yes.

I want Skull Kid, but I don't see this 'new Zelda title' that Skull Kid is supposed to be promoting, and there was nothing at E3.
If we are talking about the same original quote, those look like two seperate thoughts. They're even seperated by paragraphs. I think the "leaker" was talking about King K Rool, Skull Kid, and then other characters that would be promotional (idk who those would be though).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It would make sense if whatever Adventure mode was made also used Dracula, Yellow Devil and Metal Face as bosses for it, since we already can fight them on their respective stages.

Though now that Ridley is playable, I wonder if Metroid will have a traditional boss or if you just fight Ridley/Dark Samus with some buffs attached, kind of like that Giant Diddy Kong in Brawl. I would say Kraid or Nightmare would work.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not even sure Loz is that credible anymore to be frank.

He had to 'go silent' after his Skull Kid claim, and he said that K.Rool and Skull Kid would be in to "Promote future Switch Titles"... and we have 0 new DK or Zelda games on the timeline right now... so.......?
I don't think a new DK game being announced in the future, with K rool is impossible

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
IMO, yes.

I want Skull Kid, but I don't see this 'new Zelda title' that Skull Kid is supposed to be promoting, and there was nothing at E3.
Well, there's bound to be a fall direct soon. Also I kinda think that you should have used Castlevania in that example since we don't even know if there really is Skull Kid in Smash Ultimate

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Alright guys, I'm Starting a Coco Bandicoot character support thread, who wants to help me design a moveset that doesn't completely rip off Crash's support thread, but also works as a double echo like the Belmont Twins. (I know they're not twins, but their moveset is near the same)

Shroob

Sup?
Well, there's bound to be a fall direct soon. Also I kinda think that you should have used Castlevania in that example since we don't even know if there really is Skull Kid in Smash Ultimate
I'm going off of what Loz18 said, who said that Skull Kid is in this game.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I'm not even sure Loz is that credible anymore to be frank.

He had to 'go silent' after his Skull Kid claim, and he said that K.Rool and Skull Kid would be in to "Promote future Switch Titles"... and we have 0 new DK or Zelda games on the timeline right now... so.......?
I think Loz was fed fake info.

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
October I bet we get the possessed puppet and the scare crow with a demonic mask in a direct.
I would much rather have Skull Kid as a Stage boss for Termina. The 31st and 3rd day of every month, but only after midnight, bwahahhah! (cause the 3rd day in Majora's Mask)

I bet for September we get Spyro announced Reignited Trilogy's release for the Nintendo Switch with a TBD Winter 2019-2020 release date.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You what suprise character I’m hoping for Ultimate since every game sans 64 got one?

Sheen Megoomi Ten-say Protagonist: Kazuya
SMT Hero Art.jpg

Well technically, there was an officially translated ios port of his game, but... no one played that.
It was ten times easier to just emulate it.

Also, check out my support threaaaaaaaad

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Goemon?

Check Sig!
Nah, not him, someone else even we don’t know about.
I know it’s 2018 so it can be easy to look them up and learn about them but it just be neat to have a new Marth/Roy, a character who absolutely no one knows who the heck they are.

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315

Deathborn

I'm gonna be real here...

It's gotta be Kazama Kiryu from Yakuza... it be the most ridiculous thing ever and I would love it. He even has a counter in his own game, so it's perfect!

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm 200% sure that if Skull Kid was in the game, and he does get a trailer, :ultwario: will be the next victim. Who knows how much Majora's Mask is worth?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Deathborn

I'm gonna be real here...

It's gotta be Kazama Kiryu from Yakuza... it be the most ridiculous thing ever and I would love it. He even has a counter in his own game, so it's perfect!
Tiger drop, aka, the first thing you should get if you want to make the rest of the game a cakewalk.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I don't think a new DK game being announced in the future, with K rool is impossible
Gee, I really hope you're wrong.
A Donkey Kong racing game where you are on animal buddies like that cancelled Gamecube one would be my dream announcement.
Plus have Banjo Kazooie as a suprise character, and that would be amazing.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I'm 200% sure that if Skull Kid was in the game, and he does get a trailer, :ultwario: will be the next victim. Who knows how much Majora's Mask is worth?
Honestly that would be 100% amazing, but then again who suspected Dedede to die in K.Rool's trailer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom