• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Welp

My brain is fried

4 unique fighters and 3 clones/echos in the series

Yeah...Fire Emblem needs to lay of the clone wars a bit
FE is currently the only series to have multiple echoes. FE also has the same amount of characters as Pokemon (if the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon are counted as one fighter).

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Oh, someone tried to argue that Bandana Dee can't get in because he's not popular in the right way or something like that. Typical arbitrary argument stuff.
Ridley and K. Rool had some of the most toxic fanbases, iirc, and they still got their character,

If those two are anything to go by, there's no "wrong way" to be popular.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
These Black Knight supporters are going out of control. Have they ever played Castle Siege? Black Knight was never on the stage.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Welp

My brain is fried

4 unique fighters and 3 clones/echos in the series

Yeah...Fire Emblem needs to lay of the clone wars a bit
You're missing my point, though.

If Ike has an echo that means he won't have a fully unique move set anymore. And Marth come on there's 3 other characters with his base moveset with tweaks.

Fire Emblem has more to offer than that. So why have so many clones/echoes compared to other series? Even if you consider Marth, Ike, and Roy unique there's still three echo fighters in that scenario compared to every series having 1 or 0....

(Yes I know they all play different but that's not the point. If you look at it conceptually you'd have 4 Marths, 2 Ikes, and then Robin & Corrin)

Last edited:

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Something that really just makes it hard for me to believe that any text leaks are real is that they require almost no effort. Even image leaks these days can be done extremely easily. I just made a fake character roster in a week with completely new renders for each of the characters and I have near to no photoshop experience. (Admittedly, I could have made some of them looked better if I spent more time with them, but eh whatever).

Unless we get an ESRB style leak (where there is video and photo evidence) I'd advise not to fall to closely with any leaks (unless there are trends pointing to one coming true, but that's different from a completely baseless one).

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Ridley and K. Rool had some of the most toxic fanbases, iirc, and they still got their character,

If those two are anything to go by, there's no "wrong way" to be popular.
Just like there's no wrong way to eat a Reese's.

Sorry, had to do it.

But seriously, I can see Bandana Dee getting in. Not on the same level of thinking he'll get in as some people are, but it is not out of the question. I would personally like to see the quadrio (Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede and Bandana Dee) be completed. As for those fanbases of K. Rool and Ridley being toxic, not all fans were like that. Myself included, where K. Rool's fanbase was concerned.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Skimmed through some of the pages I missed, Vergeben has added Ken to his list of characters eh? Well, I'll take it with a grain of salt like always. Anything else, I missed?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This is the final fixing

Top 4 Smash Bros Villains Needs To Be In Smash Ultimate

Skull Kid
Hades Medusa Viridi Eggplant Wizard
Porky
Black Knight

(I don't know how to quote within a quote)

Last edited:

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Which isn't gonna happen anyway since Sakurai plans to reveal every single character before launch.
Very true, those words still surprise me. However it is a new day and age and I guess some other fighters have followed this trend? I don't know that's weird to think about to be honest.

Shroob

Sup?
Which isn't gonna happen anyway since Sakurai plans to reveal every single character before launch.
As sad as it is, this is pretty much the only way to prevent something like last time happening.

I'd love there to be hidden characters in the game, but the internet isn't like how it was back during Melee, where it was hella primitive.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
He was never in castle siege. It was a generic red enemy general since the beginning.
These Black Knight supporters are going out of control. Have they ever played Castle Siege? Black Knight was never on the stage.
I've never felt more destroyed in my life lmao
Tbh Its pretty hard to tell in brawl. That's my bad lol the basic shape of the armor is pretty similar.

(Still think he has a shot though)

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
We all know she'd just be another
Marth clone
Now there's a game that really could have benefited from echo branding. But that game was a PR catastrophe for a number of other reasons regardless.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As sad as it is, this is pretty much the only way to prevent something like last time happening.

I'd love there to be hidden characters in the game, but the internet isn't like how it was back during Melee, where it was hella primitive.
I don't mind it, it's usually impossible for me to avoid spoilers for things anyway, so this is a nice change of pace.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Now there's a game that really could of benefited from echo branding. But that game was a PR catastrophe for a number of other reasons regardless.
"So yeah let's ignore 80% of the franchise and uhh, just get the first game, and the 2 recent games."

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I don't really think that matters. Why would they show Isabelle?
They showed a few assist trophies in character videos, and I don't know whether or not this one is the same as the previous Villager video released at E3, so I was looking to see if Isabelle was going to pop up in the one shared today.

D

Deleted member

More conspiracy theory time.

Port Town Aero Dive is being listed as from F-Zero GX/F-Zero AX now.

AX is being recognized.

That means....
Character 11e: Phoenix

joshoctober16

Smash Apprentice
(First time on a account so sorry if i have issues posting stuff)
so about alternate costumes...
all characters are shown to have 8 no more or less... on the demo's but

ridley has no meta ridley in the demo , even tough its shown in the trailer

i think this might mean we might have 16 alts in the end for all the characters , but we have to unlock them
a other big reason i think it is this is well little mac...

they removed the other alts... this seems strange to me to be honest
ya i know they kinda did this to wario... but they are reusing assets so no need to remove little mac's?

so ya note that when dark samus is shown meta ridley is as well in the clips
or..... meta ridley is a echo fighter of ridley?

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Legit passed on the game because of that.
Honestly, it's still a great game..Hyrule Warriors did something similar with only having OoT, TP, and SS along with OCs and MM as DLC..at least FE Warriors had 5..even if it was just Lyn & Celica for two of them..should have expanded that with Ike and Roy as DLC instead of saving them for the next game..

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
"So yeah let's ignore 80% of the franchise and uhh, just get the first game, and the 2 recent games."
In all fairness, it would have been really difficult for them to fully represent more than just a couple games. They could barely even represent three even when they took shortcuts. Not really points in its favor for longtime FE fans but at least there's an actual reason its roster was so much of a mess. I'm personally still salty that Camilla was the only playable wyvern rider at release. I was so certain they'd at least put Minerva in the base game.
so ya note that when dark samus is shown meta ridley is as well in the clips
or..... meta ridley is a echo fighter of ridley?
My personal favorite theory is that his Meta Ridley skin just wasn't polished enough yet to put in the demo build, so instead they put in the black alt as a placeholder. If he was an echo fighter, I feel like they would have said so during the initial reveal.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wonder why they haven't shown Dillon yet?

Taking him out completely? Upgraded to character?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Honestly, it's still a great game..Hyrule Warriors did something similar with only having OoT, TP, and SS along with OCs and MM as DLC..ay least FE Warriors had 5..even if it was just Lyn & Celica for two of them.
Yeah. But there was DLC for the rest of the series.

Is FEW doing the same thing or no?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Honestly, it's still a great game..Hyrule Warriors did something similar with only having OoT, TP, and SS along with OCs and MM as DLC..at least FE Warriors had 5..even if it was just Lyn & Celica for two of them..should have expanded that with Ike and Roy as DLC instead of saving them for the next game..
The difference is that in Hyrule's case, no one was a clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom