• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
I mean, you're right, but for the wrong reasons.
Most of my participation in Smash 4 speculation was in the leaks thread going over all and any leaks that appeared. Text leaks were boring but image ones were always fun to discuss and dissect.
I've been very disappointed with the number of image leaks we've had this time around, a consequence I attribute to the Rayman leak. I really don't care if this is fake or not I just don't want it to die yet because it's the best topic we've had and will have for a long while.
Here are more leaks for you

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Take a leaf from the Inkling playbook with Shield+B?

Be a shame that onlyone character can use the first new input since Melee.
But that would still be like a down special right? Basically I don't want her to just have two different movesets. That should be Pokemon Trainers thing. I think she should have simialr attack with different levels of range and power based on if she's using her guns or sword. Sort of like a different move depending on how far her opponent is. I don't know how to implement that in smash though :/

Its probably most likely she will use her swords for some moves and guns for others.
Unrelated, but a Nintendo Direct """"""""""leak"""""""""" just appeared:
New Nintendo direct September 11th

>The Legend of Zelda The Dragon’s Lament will be shown. Release date is late 2019
>New Super Mario Bros 3
>Donkey Kong Country Jungle Jamboree
>Fatal Frame Tome of the Forgotten
>Metroid Prime 4 gameplay. Release date summer 2019
>Fire Emblem Three Houses gameplay release date spring 2019
>Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee gameplay will be shown
>Animal Crossing Amiibo festival will be shown release date is October 19th
>more Smash gameplay will be shown. Ken and Shadow will be revealed as echo fighters
>third party games shown include FF7 ported to switch available that day, and the remake of FF7 will be available on Switch at release
>Fallout 4 on Switch
>Marvel vs Capcom Infinite on Switch
>Resident Evil 2 and KH3 will be available on Switch though not at release

I hope this helps
Source: http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/429702489
Screams fake. I think multiple people pointed out the developers saying FF7 would not be able to come to the switch, don't quote me on that.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I mean, you're right, but for the wrong reasons.
Most of my participation in Smash 4 speculation was in the leaks thread going over all and any leaks that appeared. Text leaks were boring but image ones were always fun to discuss and dissect.
I've been very disappointed with the number of image leaks we've had this time around, a consequence I attribute to the Rayman leak. I really don't care if this is fake or not I just don't want it to die yet because it's the best topic we've had and will have for a long while.
I get that. It has been very dry around here. I hope you have fun, you whip loving harpy. :p

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion

>The Legend of Zelda The Dragon’s Lament will be shown. Release date is late 2019
>New Super Mario Bros 3
>more Smash gameplay will be shown. Ken and Shadow will be revealed as echo fighters
>third party games shown include FF7 ported to switch available that day, and the remake of FF7 will be available on Switch at release
>Fallout 4 on Switch

I hope this helps
Why do people write fanfiction like this

The directs aren't this ****ing crazy. You get like, one new major title at most.

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538

>New Super Mario Bros 3
>Fallout 4 on Switch

I hope this helps
No way there’s a direct on 9/11.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
At least fake image leaks are cool to look at, not just the same list of characters over and over again.

Also as fake as the King Bob-omb one is, he would be an excellent "left-field" character :laugh:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

He's in!!

He's been prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmoted to playable! Now we all can HATE THAT HEDGEHOG!

Also, as far as this leak stuff goes, why does Isabelle look like she's been through a traumatic experience and is smiling to hide the pain in her render?

D

Deleted member

I like a lot of what's said there, but there is one major thing Ive got to call BS on; thus considering the entire thing BS (for myself, anyway). Riku, in no realm of reality, would be an Echo of Sora. There's just no way. They have absolutely no similarities. Different heights & body builds; different sword stance/battle styles; Sora has changing Keyblades while Riku just has one; Riku utilizes 'the Darkness' and nothing else while Sora's got a ton of different spells, abilities, and fights with Dolan & Gooby. They're just radically different. Now, if he had said 'Roxas' was the Echo, I could understand it...especially since he is literally Sora's Echo (or 'Nobody', rather) and Roxas doesn't get his ability to dual wield until later, so its understandable if he just has one Keyblade as an Echo.

EDIT: fixed spelling error for 'Donald' and 'Goofy' I noticed.

Last edited by a moderator:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Regarding the direct "leak" actually september 11th seems like a red flag. nintendo could just throw it september 12th and nothing would change, and would divert them from unwanted attention.

still, is one of those typical wishlist leaks anyways... Vainilla FFVII on switch seems weird... for pc there always been a pc port...

>New Super Mario Bros 3
>Fallout 4 on Switch

I hope this helps
Already saw and ugly as heck :scared: the Lloyd render with the Wave Race guy looked miles better
i think it was a joke... as how an ungly render with a couple of filters and slightly tilted makes it look "legit"

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
Why do people write fanfiction like this

The directs aren't this ****ing crazy. You get like, one new major title at most.
Because they know someone will latch on because of wishful thinking I guess.
im digging the Tome of the Forgotten title and wish it was in a more believable leak...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think if Square Enix does get an echo it should be Zack (of Cloud).

I like a lot of what's said there, but there is one major thing Ive got to call BS on; thus considering the entire thing BS (for myself, anyway). Riku, in no realm of reality, would be an Echo of Sora. There's just no way. They have absolutely no similarities. Different heights & body builds; different sword stance/battle styles; Sora has changing Keyblades while Riku just has one; Riku utilizes 'the Darkness' and nothing else while Sora's got a ton of different spells, abilities, and fights with Donald & Goody. They're just radically different. Now, if he had said 'Roxas' was the Echo, I could understand it...especially since he is literally Sora's Echo (or 'Nobody', rather) and Roxas doesn't get his ability to dual wield until later, so its understandable if he just has one Keyblade as an Echo.
Pfff I see your Riku as a Sora echo and I raise you the following:

Sephiroth as a Cloud echo

I’m not kidding I literally saw this and I’m just

WHAT?! Sephiroth is even more different from Cloud in what world does that make a lick of sense

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
https://twitter.com/MimiqueVEVO/status/1034272214479069184
Yup, seems like Skull Kid, Isaac, Geno and Incineroar are in.

This guy leaked Ridley, K. Rool and Chrom, there's no way he could be wrong.
Isn’t he just a lucker guesser?
He might be a leaker in disguise, but he’s at the very least CLAIMED to just be predicting.

K. Rool and Chrom also weren’t very hard guesses. A lot of people predicted them. They’ve been in my sig since E3. And Ridley was leaked multiple times before E3.

D

Deleted member

I think if Square Enix does get an echo it should be Zack (of Cloud).

Pfff I see your Riku as a Sora echo and I raise you the following:

Sephiroth as a Cloud echo

I’m not kidding I literally saw this and I’m just

WHAT?! Sephiroth is even more different from Cloud in what world does that make a lick of sense
I've seen that too. Same problems with that, honestly. Different body builds, different sword stances and fighting styles; they're way just as different as Sora & Riku. Not to mention Sephiroth's sword gets longer in each incarnation I see him. I swear, it was only like a 4ft blade in 7, but since then it's almost doubled; it's longer than Sephiroth is tall; and the dude is 6'1!

Also, if Zack gets in, I think they should make him the normal character and Cloud the echo to be more story accurate lol.

Isn’t he just a lucker guesser?
He might be a leaker in disguise, but he’s at the very least CLAIMED to just be predicting.

K. Rool and Chrom also weren’t very hard guesses. A lot of people predicted them. They’ve been in my sig since E3. And Ridley was leaked multiple times before E3.
His stuff was being talked about last night. Someone had posted all his 'guesses', which turned out to be true, along with time stamps of his posts showing that each of them came before actual reveals. I mean, its kinda hard to disregard him when he goes "You know what would be cool? A chargeable Smash Bar" and then that concept is revealed in the next direct a few days later.

Last edited by a moderator:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Can someone tell whoever's creating the fake renders to make one of Felix from Golden Sun? Need a good 3D render for my 100 character roster, but a bad 3D render will do. :p Also add in Medusa.

How can a fake leak be both boring and have oddball picks? Also, while this leak is fake, the very real possibility we could get Minecraft assist but no B&K character makes me cry every night.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I was watching this for nostalgia sakes and I can't believe the Game Explain saw a pac man shaped hole in the sky in Greninja's trailer and thought it meant that Pac-Man would be in... Dang... Maybe we shouldn't be looking at chairs then...

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I was watching this for nostalgia sakes and I can't believe the Game Explain saw a pac man shaped hole in the sky in Greninja's trailer and thought it meant that Pac-Man would be in... Dang... Maybe we shouldn't be looking at chairs then...
Because clouds aren’t liars?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
He's in!!
Okay as funny as this post is (Best third SEGA rep don’t @ me) I agree with @nethermoose that a lot of your posts are very suspicious, like if you have enough skill to make these fake leaks, and draw so much attention to other leaks, then surely it’s possible you may be involved with cooking these things up, correct?

So that begs the question, who are you?

D

Deleted member

Honestly, we should never believe any leaks that don't have these characters on the roster. I mean, they're basically locks at this point:

Newcomers:

Waluigi
Yellow and Purple Folding Chairs
Oil Drum
4chan
Slowpoke

Echos:

Waaonetta (Waluigi proved so popular that he even got in as an Echo of Wii U's favorite character; Bayonetta! Also, he functions as a buffed version of Wii U Bayo. A true treat for fans of competitive!)
Couch Pillows (Echo of the folding chairs)
Potted Plant (Echo of Oil Drum)
GameFAQs (Echo of 4chan)
Every single FE protagonist ever made (including TMS's main character) as a Marth Echo. Sakurai really likes Marth. Every Marth is here!

They're locks guys, toss out any leaks that don't have 'em. :troll:

this post was a joke plz don't hurt me especially for the bayo buff joke and the FE joke

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
No way there’s a direct on 9/11.
I mean, you say that, but Nintendo released Mario Maker on 9/11.

And with the game being all about building, you can imagine that came with some... jokes. But they did it anyway.

Doesn't really matter since that leak is fake but w/e

Because clouds aren’t liars?
But Cloud spends all of FF7 lying to himself. :denzel:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Do people legit forget the Trophy Theory was a thing that didn't die until the ESRB leak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom