• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think I may have a good reason to think Luigi won't be the last veteran on the blog, and did a bit of research and analysis as to why.

The 3DS release of Luigi's Mansion is coming Westside this Friday, right? So they wouldn't miss a chance to promote it via Ultimate's site (especially after the Luigi's Mansion 3 stealth reveal on Simon's trailer). However, the Japanese version currently won't be out until November the 8th.

So chances are Luigi will get his article either this Friday, or (if they do like Wario on August 2nd for his latest series release) on November the 8th. This would still leave plenty of veteran blog posts after him left, depending on how the veteran post frequency rate per week holds up.

The Rhythm Heaven rep causes me to violently sneeze in a rhythmic pattern.
Mona makes me crave pizza.

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Damn, this thread has been slow ever since Isabell was revealed... I honestly do want some new Smash news rn...

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
My three guesses for an announcement this week is either around 3/4pm EDT, tonight around the time of the blog post, or Tuesday tommorow morning 10am EDT. If we dont hear anything past tommorow then i'll take this week as another info drought. (Unless we get an announcement friday for a direct next week).

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Bet there will be riots here if it doesn't happen 10 days after the playlist update but yeah 2 is not a sufficient sample size lol.

I just think we're all so desperate that we're looking for anything to confirm news is on the way...it would make sense with the "new" disappearing IN CONJUNCTION with the playlist update, and it happening twice before but...it could very well have been just an intern **** up. :\ I was hoping there'd be an update today but didn't fully expect one. I'll be a bit saltier if there isn't one tomorrow, but again, can't expect it...
Part of me wants to do a Bayesian analysis of the probabilities to give a more accurate probability we'd get a Direct given the two instances of them happening after the playlist update. But then I realized it's just a video game and we'll find out for sure in a couple days anyways. :rotfl:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Part of me wants to do a Bayesian analysis of the probabilities to give a more accurate probability we'd get a Direct given the two instances of them happening after the playlist update. But then I realized it's just a video game and we'll find out for sure in a couple days anyways. :rotfl:
And even if nothing happens then, we'll come back the next day after that, and the next day, and the next day...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHIX7O8wQNQ

We have finally gone off the deep end.
I don't think we'll reach that point until somebody comes along to constantly prop up a character as similarly silly as :ultpichu: for the last newcomer. It's definitely getting there though.

Last edited:

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
TL:DR, The Smash Fighters playlist updated, the "New" tag was removed from the fighters section of the website, meaning it's very likely we'll get a new character soon. Not guarenteed, and we still don't know when or how they'd reveal it, but yeah.
Hmmmm...
View attachment 168726
Yeah, so far there’s nothing here. We didn’t get announcment for a new reveal yet.
Yupp, literally nothing. Besides the usual wild speculation, crazy expectations and such. Just waiting for the inevitable november direct.
Thank you very much! I do recall something about the "new" tag being removed, so it looks like I was pretty much already up to date.

More of a question for Shroob Shroob since he keeps track of these kinds of things, but how long was the "new" thing up for this time? If it was a full month, then it likely means nothing, but if like last time it was removed kind of arbitrarily (a week before the September direct as I recall), an announcement is potentially imminent.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
I just want to know what's going to happen with the music that's not from a franchise with a stage. Are they randomly attached to other franchises? Can't you pick them at all? Will they be shoved into the stages with few tracks? Because I don't want my Doom Dragon music stuck on Flat Zone X.

Screw the characters, I just want to know about the beatiful music we'll have!

D

Deleted member

I am actually really happy with the Shulk down b changes, because it was annoying in Smash 4.

Zelda looks bland in Melee, Brawl and Smash 4 but nice in Ultimate.

However...
`12.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's a topic, if this amiibo unlock leak is true, you'll be able to play as 4 out of the 9 known characters so far out of the box, Inkling, Isabelle, Daisy and Chrom.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
If you don't want to get anxiety. Just do like me. Take never ever Characters that people discard and just be happy when they get announced while slapping your E-fame and E-penis on the naysayer face.

t- Roy/Cloud/Chrom fan who now have Sora as a most wanted.

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Because usually Directs are done in friday, at least if I remember well that's when they do it most of the times.

Also, because I doubt the 10 days thing is a strict pattern, it may just be a coincidence, I mean, it only happend twice.
Neither the August nor the September directs were on Fridays.

D

Deleted member

Here's a topic, if this amiibo unlock leak is true, you'll be able to play as 4 out of the 9 known characters so far out of the box, Inkling, Isabelle, Daisy and Chrom.
I do wanna unlock everyone myself, however, I may make an exception for Inkling and use the amiibo. I wanna play as them ASAP.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ridley and Wolf have amiibos coming out the same day as well
I'm going for characters I don't need to get in knife fights with amiibo scalpers for.

Last edited:

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
Not only that but we literally have less than 2 months until game is in our hands, which is about same of a wait between now and the last direct from august. If anyone is getting LGPE in November then the wait is almost right around the corner. News is bound to happen at some time in the next few weeks.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
while slapping your E-fame and E-penis on the naysayer face..
Umm... can we not?
That feeling when the only amiibo you have is one of the original 8
I'm telling you, Pikachu is probably one of the worst amiibo you could possibility get in terms of usage

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm going for character I don't need to get in knife fights with amiibo scalpers for.
As someone who regularly collects amiibo from franchises I like, this is a true statement. Heck, I had nearly missed out on getting SSB Inkling and the Octoling 3-Pack; I had to stalk preorder pages for a solid week or so until they came back up and I was able to get 'em. amiibo are way more stressful than they should be. @_@

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Yeah..and I have 80% of the Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U cast, so I'll have nearly the entire cast.

I also bet the Link (Majora's Mask) amiibo would unlock Young Link.

beans

Smash Lord
I'm going for characters I don't need to get in knife fights with amiibo scalpers for.
Good luck, the amiibo market is like a Monster Hunter game where instead or cooperation, you just go down on each others neck to get the shiny one first

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If you don't want to get anxiety. Just do like me. Take never ever Characters that people discard and just be happy when they get announced while slapping your E-fame and E-penis on the naysayer face.

t- Roy/Cloud/Chrom fan who now have Sora as a most wanted.
As much as I'd be glad to see naysayers be proven wrong about characters they never for a second thought would stand a chance, I would rather show more sportsmanlike behavior and simply be happy my picks got in. Gotta be the better person, you know.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I think Shantae actually has a good chance to make it in despite not being brought up a lot, and that's not just because she's one of my most wanted. Aside from ULTIMATE SLEEPOVER PARTY, and EVERYONE IS INVITED, and Jammies mode in general. I just find it strange that WayForward, the people who pushed so hard for Shantae to be in Smash during the ballot, as outright not replied to not even a single Smash related post on Twitter.

They don't even say something vague like "Yeah, it'd be cool if Shantae made it into Smash," "We're glad to see so many fans want to see Shantae in Smash," or even "You'll just have to wait and see." That way, they could say something without breaking their NDA. Also I feel like if she was DLC instead of base roster they wouldn't be as silent as they are now but that's just me. It's all so very mysterious.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm debating with myself wether I would use amiibo unlocks (at least for my mains and if their an option) or not spoil the whole thing and just unlock them all manually.

Though if I have to beat 700 vs matches/play an X hours long match or go through another subspace mode again just to unlock Mewtwo and Toon Link again then I'll probably just use their amiibo and call it a day...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think Shantae actually has a good chance to make it in despite not being brought up a lot, and that's not just because she's one of my most wanted. Aside from ULTIMATE SLEEPOVER PARTY, and EVERYONE IS INVITED, and Jammies mode in general. I just find it strange that WayForward, the people who pushed so hard for Shantae to be in Smash during the ballot, as outright not replied to not even a single Smash related post on Twitter.

They don't even say something vague like "Yeah, it'd be cool if Shantae made it into Smash," "We're glad to see so many fans want to see Shantae in Smash," or even "You'll just have to wait and see." That way, they could say something without breaking their NDA. Also I feel like if she was DLC instead of base roster they wouldn't be as silent as they are now but that's just me. It's all so very mysterious.
Anything's possible, but I'm kind of afraid if Shovel Knight couldn't break in, she might not be able to either.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Zelda looks bland in Melee, Brawl and Smash 4 but nice in Ultimate.
I like her Ultimate changeup, but I disagree. TP Zelda is best Zelda.

Plus, she looked distinct from the other princesses in dresses. In that she actually looked like royalty.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Shantae supporter playing devil's advocate.

To be fair, they could be tight lipped because of a different project entirely.

Random thought, Wayforward's making it's own platform fighter. Unlikely but a possibility.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Shantae is FAR from impossible like some people tend to make her out to be. I don't agree with the whole Pajama Mode theory, but even that aside, SK being an assist does nothing but help her chances.

Even still though, I'm not sure if I'd peg her as very likely.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824

BASED
Thanks
Anything's possible, but I'm kind of afraid if Shovel Knight couldn't break in, she might not be able to either.
One has nothing to do with the other

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366

She could also be an Assist Trophy (like shovel knight) in which case it would also make sense to just stay silent until its reveal.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm debating with myself wether I would use amiibo unlocks (at least for my mains and if their an option) or not spoil the whole thing and just unlock them all manually.

Though if I have to beat 700 vs matches/play X hours long match or go through another subspace mode again just to unlock Mewtwo and Toon Link again then I'll probably just use their amiibo and call it a day...
If amiibo unlocks are a thing, my friends and I plan to use one amiibo to unlock the exact character we want to start with, then unlock the rest organically.

It's convenient that our planned mains (Daisy, Inkling, Little Mac and Dr. Mario) all have amiibo that we own already.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

If Bomberman and Shovel Knight can't make it in, I don't think Shantae will.
Though, she's pretty likely as an assist trophy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom