• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LetterO

Smash Lord
A Bethesda character for DLC is a pretty safe bet after the Pete Hines comment
Oh yeah, forgot about that. I'd expect Doomguy seeing how buddy buddy Bethesda seems to be with Nintendo now, and with Doom especially seeing how Eternal will be coming on the Switch the same day as other consoles.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Oh yeah, forgot about that. I'd expect Doomguy seeing how buddy buddy Bethesda seems to be with Nintendo now, and with Doom especially seeing how Eternal will be coming on the Switch the same day as other consoles.
I could also see it being Vault Boy. He'd fit in pretty well.

And imagine a Smash trailer in the vein of a S.P.E.C.I.A.L. video!

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
A Bethesda character for DLC is a pretty safe bet after the Pete Hines comment
Man, I wish... I bet that it might just be side characters like assists or bosses. Love to have a playable Dovahkiin though.

Then again, as memetic as Skyrim is, that’s unlikely. Not the least of which is that Doomguy seems to have more supporters and Skyrim’s going on 7 years old now.

Would be undeniably awesome though...

Oh no... We got Bar Theory now!! :crazy:
It's kinda dead imo. See below...

I'm hearing that the bar in MTL said tomorrow they will announce the game that will be shown and that they can't stream the event.

Anyone know if they actually said that? I don't speak French...
I can confirm, they posted this earlier today (about 6 hours ago)

Arcade.png

The 'no streaming allowed' pretty much confirms (imo) that it is not a direct viewing event/party. Why bother with people streaming a live stream?

Edit: Could be a smash demo tho...

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Honestly, there's only 3 characters I can say with a straight face I expect for DLC thus far. Those being Spring Man, Rex & Pyra, and Crash Bandicoot.
I hope so. Such an iconic character and such a great fit. Plus, I want to see Tim Getty's head explode.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
what if todd himself is the bethesda rep

someone make a todd moveset

can i make a todd support thread?

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
It's kinda dead imo. See below...

I can confirm, they posted this earlier today (about 6 hours ago)

View attachment 170300

The 'no streaming allowed' pretty much confirms (imo) that it is not a direct viewing event/party. Why bother with people streaming a live stream?
I've heard that as well, but it doesn't really kill the theory. I'm guessing there may be a demo available in the bar, after the direct or smash announcement viewing party. And the demo portion is what they would not be able to stream. I think they've also said something along the lines of "it's a game you'll be able to play for the first time". Now on first glance that seems to rule out smash since it's already been playable, but remember this post was restricted to people from Quebec so the message is clearly for them. And I don't think there has been any smash demos there yet or even in Canada for that matter, so it would be the first time it's playable for Canadians. Just my two cents.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Sakurai is a little bias but not nearly as biased as people make him out to be. Medusa really doesn't seem that likely, especially when she had the spotlight stolen from her by a surprise villain so early on in Uprising's story. As much as I'd like to see her get in, I really wouldn't call her one of Sakurai's "babies".

Last edited:
I've heard that as well, but it doesn't really kill the theory. I'm guessing there may be a demo available in the bar, after the direct or smash announcement viewing party. And the demo portion is what they would not be able to stream. I think they've also said something along the lines of "it's a game you'll be able to play for the first time". Now on first glance that seems to rule out smash since it's already been playable, but remember this post was restricted to people from Quebec so the message is clearly for them. And I don't think there has been any smash demos there yet or even in Canada for that matter, so it would be the first time it's playable for Canadians. Just my two cents.
The demo was playable at Dreamhack in Montreal just a few weeks ago... Idk... All this secrecy for a smash demo, i'm not sure about this. I guess we'll know soon enough ;)

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Music theory was pretty weak already heading into last week.

Then it got brutally murdered last week.

And then Sakurai dug up the grave and spat on the body today.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Honestly review copies are gonna start coming out soon and after the game is out in the wild, stuff is gonna leak.

If I were Sakurai, I'd wanna get a direct out and reveal the full roster asap.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
The demo was playable at Dreamhack in Montreal just a few weeks ago... Idk... All this secrecy for a smash demo, i'm not sure about this as much as i want new info. I guess we'll know soon enough ;)
Well if that's true then I guess it wouldn't be the first time it's playable in Canada, hopefully they didn't actually say that as I just heard it from twitter or something.

The secrecy wouldn't be for the demo, it would be for the direct, which Nintendo needs to announce first. No chance they let that slip early because the bar manager leaked it aha. Makes perfect sense not to tell him till after the direct is announced.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
This is what happens when there hasn't been any real Smash info in a month.
True, it seems everybody is anxious for more Smash news.. Got to a point where I went from speculation to a shoot, but its all good now.. Here's to hoping for the best and that we will see some Smash news soon.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Viridi? Yeah she has a Mii costume and could be in, but how would that work as a echo? She's like alot smaller than Palutena and uses elemental like moves that are nothing like Palu's moves she would have to be like a new character altogether.. Or she could end up a assist with Phosphora.. Or Sakurai bias just adds both Viridi and Medusa which would defnitely be the best case scenario.
Well she can easily be redisigned to be older/younger looking, and in Uprising they both use the exact same powers as one another (only Viridi does them better...obviously)

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
It says "14 videos" on my screenshot. Last I checked, and currently, that playlist has 13 videos. Either YT is still screwy (which is clearly a possibility, given tonight's antics) or there's a private video that wasn't there before.
Btw, it's translated through Chrome, which is why it says "Ten"
A private video will still appear in a playlist, just labelled as a private video and with a blank thumbnail. You can't hide a video in a playlist, even a deleted video will still appear in a playlist, that screenshot is faked or you encountered a youtube error. Additionally that playlist says it was last updated September 13th, if that playlist was modified in any way the last update date would reflect it.

@papagenos I would like to take a moment share with you some old info from LoZ's first leak of characters.. I memorized it because I thought the characters he mentioned made alot of sense, especially the one because I felt that Sakurai would include this character because he really seems to like the Kid Icarus series

I believe Medusa is in and yes I have been following LOZ's first post that had characters on it that he did get right, LoZ's E3 leak was the one that said Medusa, Simon, King K Rool, Geno, Dixie, Bandana Dee, Mallow, Sora, Shadow, Ridley, Elma, Skull Kid, Takamaru, Goroh, and Porky were all in and that Ice Climers, Wolf and Snake would be returning and though some ended up assist trophies there was no doubt he had some sort of insider info and has gotten some of them right and he totes called the hero vs villain theme.. And this was back around E3 btw, before alot of leaks started piggybacking it.

Something I found interesting is that LoZ's leak did mention Geno and Mallow.. Maybe Mallow will be a assist and Geno will be playable, and it also said Sora was in too.

The remaining characters from LoZ's first leak are Medusa, Geno, Bandana Dee, Mallow, Sora, Elma, Shadow, Porky and Skull Kid.. Oh and course the new Pokemon.

And just recently I saw one that claimed Decidueye, Geno, Shadow, Dixie and Medusa.. This leak claimed that Ken and Incineroar were used as a trap to catch the leakers whom have been associating with Verge, which may explain why LoZ did what he could to get out while he still could.. This is also why I want to get off Verge's bandwagon because I have a feeling he might not have anymore info to share if Nintendo is on to him after leaking Isabelle.

I felt Medusa was a character that fake leakers would forget to mention and I feel that she will be in, I mean c'mon with the whole heros vs villains theme and her being the villain of Kid Icarus, the game Sakurai himself worked on, it just makes sense for Medusa to be in. So what do you think?
That character list is from the long debunked imgur leak, which had nothing to do with Loz.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well she can easily be redisigned to be older/younger looking, and in Uprising they both use the exact same powers as one another (only Viridi does them better...obviously)
Yeah, suggesting they could easily "age Viridi up" is a huge stretch. Even characters who get Smash redesigns like Roy don't get changes that drastic.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Medusa has those same powers too.. Except its with darkness and of course shes not going to use any of them to help Pit.

Agreed, as Viridi said anything Palutena can do she can do better. lol

Im all for Medusa and Viridi both, more Kid Icarus please! I would totes be all in for a new Kid Icarus game for the Switch, hey here's a idea.. Add Medusa as a echo and then add Viridi as a new character to promote it.

Yeah, suggesting they could easily "age Viridi up" is a huge stretch. Even characters who get Smash redesigns like Roy don't get changes that drastic.
If they did that, then it wouldnt be Viridi as we know her though

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Even characters who get Smash redesigns like Roy don't get changes that drastic.
I think Roy could still pass as a 15-year old as much as Ike (i mean he's 17 and so was marth in shadow dragon i think) does.

Last edited:
The secrecy wouldn't be for the demo, it would be for the direct, which Nintendo needs to announce first. No chance they let that slip early because the bar manager leaked it aha. Makes perfect sense not to tell him till after the direct is announced.
The possibility of a Direct doesn't fit with 'no streaming allowed' and the possibility of a demo doesn't fit with all this secrecy (again imo).

To put it simply, the fact that they keep people from streaming means that it'll be some exclusive stuff... and i really don't see Nintendo showing exclusive Ultimate stuff at Arcade MTL. My bet is on some new 'made in Quebec' indie game or maybe a new Ubisoft title... i'm not convinced it'll be smash related. But i could be wrong tho.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I think Roy could still pass as a 15-year old as much as Ike (i mean he's 17 and so was marth in shadow dragon i think) does.
Yeah but they didn't shrink Roy to be a ten year old to make him echo Young because obviously that'd be stupid

D

Deleted member 269706

Dunno if it's been talked about, but today I received some nice news. I finally got around to preordering Smash from Gamestop, and the employee working the counter told me they'll be doing an early release. He followed this by stating they would be releasing Smash at 10:00PM December 6th, because, "that's the earliest Nintendo will let them do it".

For reference I'm in the Mountain Time Zone so that would align with a midnight release on the East Coast. Has anyone heard anything similar? it's the first instance I've heard of any kind of early drop

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah but they didn't shrink Roy to be a ten year old to make him echo Young because obviously that'd be stupid
We gotta get Young Marth and Young Roy to counteract thing. Bring in the toga Marth.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Me, whenever people says Isabelle wasn't that hype: :roll:
Isabelle took time to grow on me. I imagine for many others it'll be the same way. She's not a character everyone looks at and goes "OH YEAH!" like all the others, so she was relatively underwhelming. But in time I'm pretty sure people will come to appreciate her and what she brings to the table. We don't have such a cute and innocent character like her anywhere else in the cast.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
The possibility of a Direct doesn't fit with 'no streaming allowed' and the possibility of a demo doesn't fit with all this secrecy (again imo).

To put it simply, the fact that they keep people from streaming means that it'll be some exclusive stuff... and i really don't see Nintendo showing exclusive Ultimate stuff at Arcade MTL. My bet is on some new 'made in Quebec' indie game or maybe a new Ubisoft title... i'm not convince it'll be smash related. But i could be wrong tho.
That's because it would be both a viewing party and demo, one after the other. The event starts at 5PM and the direct would start at 6PM to match up with Japan time, so that would give people an hour to get settled. The direct is what Nintendo would need to keep secret, there's no way they tell the bar that there will be a direct on Thursday, until they actually announce the direct. And then right after the viewing party, so at 6:30 PM or so, the demo would be playable, and Nintendo has not allowed any of the demos to be streamed thus far to my knowledge.

I'm not convinced either, I'm just saying it's ever so slightly possible.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
And still the hype champion, King K Rool!!
Nothing is going beat that. It was so satisfying after the mii costume treatment in Smash 4 and hours before the direct we were all panicking because of the no DK newcomers fake leak from Vergeben and then BAM KING K. ROOL COMES ABOARD!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom