• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Theres that 300 IQ, im sorry but mach rider hasn't been a "predictable" or "obvious" pick for years now, whatever talk of MR during smash 4 days were small enough to go unnoticed and i can't even tell you if there was talk of MR before this leak happened. For your other point, geeeeeeeeeeeeee sakurai sure has never gone back on his word or said something that can be interpreted in different ways. Sorry but your personal belief that 7 characters is impossible plus "BUT SAKURAI SAID"
isn't enough for something to actually be impossible.

Also this argument is finished.
Well, there was one leak that talked about Mach Rider, and I remember talking about her here on Smashboards

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I have a deep down fear we may be victims of a viral marketing stunt.
People say this everytime something gets leaked. I seriously doubt it. Why would Sakurai, someone who hates leaks, allow a surprise as large as Banjo get intentionally leaked?

Besides this doesn't seem like the type of stunt the always behind-the-times Nintendo would pull.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
Anyone else realize this is super similar to how Monsters Inc. was leaked for KH3 (as if the games weren't similar enough)?

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
It sounds like you desperately don't want this leak to be real if you ask me.
I'd love for all these characters to be in the game, and I expect many of them to show up in one form or another. Please don't play armchair psychologist.

I just see another blurry image of something that can easily be Photoshopped, and everyone's losing their **** like it was 100% legit, and I'm wondering why this leak is any different from any other blurry image that turned out to be fake. It's certainly interesting, and worthy of discussion, but it also demands scrutiny.
OK. The supposed leak was the Snapchat video. No one has seen this, as Snapchat videos delete themselves. What we have seen are screenshots of said video: https://imgur.com/a/2TY4Okf. The main image of concern is of course the banner. We have one image of the banner on something akin to a wrist strap. As this is a relatively small item and the screenshot shows the entire banner including the opposite side, it is essentially illegible (do note however that the opposite side isn't totally redundant as it contains another not-yet-seen instance of the empty Battlefield picture.

The other image of the banner we have appears to be stitched together from multiple different frames showing the fighters (see the stitching by Luigi/Bowser/Yoshi). To me it looks like the recorder panned across the banner in some capacity, leaving the leaker to join screenshots up. These particular screenshots are as "clear" as anything else from screenshots; no, not clear as crystal - that's just another hyperbole on your part - but they are about as clear as the Grinch pictures, the empty Battlefield stage, the diagram thing, etc.
My issue is that the Battlefield image is fairly in focus, the text in the periphery is fairly in focus, but the actual character banner itself is consistently out of focus. That's extremely suspicious, especially considering that's the most important thing to show. The only relatively clear character in that image is Shadow, and he looks like someone took a render and Photoshopped it in there. The lighting on him doesn't look right.

People have made physical replicas of fake Nintendo NX controllers in the past. Someone created a new version of Pokefloats for a fake leak a month or two ago. Something like what we're seeing here is not beyond the realms of falsification, and if this guy is indeed a professional as this all seems to imply, he's more qualified than most to pull something like this off. People will do anything to stir the pot and get attention.

If I'm wrong and this leak is correct, awesome. That's a lot of desired and interesting characters we're getting. I'm just very skeptical of any "leak" that's blurry. In this day and age, there's very little reason for a picture to be blurry unless you're hiding Photoshop evidence.

If this leak turns out to be true, then it's GG for this guys
Oh yeah, if this is true, that guy's career is over.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Not to mention he would've had to draw the characters, move the already existing ones around, redraw the background, and print out something related to the grinch.
Keep in mind that ArtsyOmni went as far as to completely rearrange Smash Wii U's CSS and record footage of flame background just so he could insert it into the new character slots and make the video look more convincing.

Not saying this wasn't hard, but rearranging the characters and redrawing the background is definitely doable. It would take a lot of time and effort, but it seems like the fanbase has proven to me time and time again that it's borderline insane.

Honestly, we probably won't get an answer until someone steps forward or the Direct happens.

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
I have a deep down fear we may be victims of a viral marketing stunt.
Same. Im starting to think that the leaks (of any game or movie) are now a marketing strategy.

Yes. People would like to see this from an official source, but... people loves theories, rumors and to discuss if something leaked is real or not... so... yeah.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Please, find me an explanation for why this can't be a proof that the leak is fake.
View attachment 171645
People already have. I'm not about to dig back through dozens of pages just because you're not listening or acknowledging the vast array of other counterpoints and other facts.

Even if we didn't, an inconsistency does not make something fake by default. If it did, ERSB leak would NOT have survived.

How about you focus on how your "evidence" disputes literally everything else that has been said so far before calling it 100% fake?

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Even if this is the end, we still have Spawn Wave's remark that there is either a missing character or missing characters, so there's still some surprises left in terms of characters.

I sincerely hope it's Sora.

Also, in terms of DLC Hopes, here's my Top 10-ish.
  • Sora - first and foremost
  • Joker/Yu Narukami
  • Lloyd Irving/Yuri Lowell
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong (as a duo)
  • Chibi-Robo
  • Capcom Rep (Dante, Monster Hunter, Phoenix Wright, all of them are good)
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Rex and Pyra
  • Spring Man

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I really hope this leak is real, even though I doubt it is, just so that we could be spared from Incineroar. I'd be perfectly fine with waiting for a Gen 8 Pokemon for DLC.
Christ man Incineroar's have been slapped down and berated this entire cycle and you gotta come for them when Incineroar may be deconfirmed huh?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Anyone else realize this is super similar to how Monsters Inc. was leaked for KH3 (as if the games weren't similar enough)?
Do you mean the dev tool screenshot leaks? Because I mean, that lines up with Ken pretty well, but I think I'm missing what it has to do with this.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
What’s convincing me are all the facts.

1. Eric is an actual employee who posted the photos, meaning his ass is fired no matter what

2. Said employer works with Namco Bandai

3. The empty mural background matches up exactly to the official one.

4. This guy printed the art on a ****ing paper armband

5. The Grinch render is unsourced

If the mural artwork is wrong that means

1. This guy has artistic talent that is being utterly unutilized as none of his LinkedIn credentials mention any courses or colleges he went to that special in art asset creation nor any of his jobs.

2. This guy would make a fake leak with those real art assets and still get fired for it anyways

And let me be ironic for a second, but the fact we can barely make out the art murals leads me to believe if this is fake, he isn’t trying to promote his art

Tl;Dr if this is fake, it means the guy sacrificed his livelihood and job solely for some Internet fame for a Smash Leak

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
>He does not work for this company ANYMORE when there's clearly evidence that he did.

This dude can't make **** up. and it's worst claim about leak being fake I have seen.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I really hope this leak is real, even though I doubt it is, just so that we could be spared from Incineroar. I'd be perfectly fine with waiting for a Gen 8 Pokemon for DLC.
I'm explicitly betting against Incineroar and this makes me want to lose the bet.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
How about you focus on how your "evidence" disputes literally everything else that has been said so far before calling it 100% fake?
Nothing between all the posters is redrawn which means it’s digitally moved from a master image. To have one that is that different from the source is valid proof that this is fake. It’s also very similar to the latest poster as well...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I wish I didn't wake up to this image being in my face on Youtube's front page.
Now the surprise is ruined...
Someone at work who knows I'm excited about smash told be out of his own excitement

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
We don't have to do this.
One of my initial strikes against this was the lack of Incineroar. And now we have insiders saying even if it is real, it's lacking Incineroar (independent of Verge). I still stand by my initial assumption that Incineroar is likely in, which led me to believe it was fake. Now--I'm thinking both might be true. Either way, real or fake, I think Incineroar is likely.

My guess--Sun and Moon could have came in too late in the dev cycle, and with two returning fighters, made sense as DLC (they need first party characters since every veteran is returning). I know you don't think DLC is likely, though, but that's where I'm at.

D

Deleted member

I wish I didn't wake up to this image being in my face on Youtube's front page.
Now the surprise is ruined...
I thought you didn't believe it though? Assuming it's fake, nothing's been ruined yet.

That said, even if this is fake, Nintendo kinda needs to do something soon. We're getting pretty dang close to the hardcore advertising and printing materials phase, if we're not already there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
i just dont want to wait to find out if this is real or not. the confusion is killing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom