• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Even when one knows about the characters, I still would have a lot to be surprised, what moves do they have? how are their personalities displayed on the screen? Do they have appropiate voices for the characters? What cool costumes do they have? Does the trailer do justice to the character? What winks are there to the source material?

I suppose it mostly depends on what you consider valuable though.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. The leaks rarely show information on those kinds of things. Still, I think the surprise can be ruined. Maybe not fully, maybe not so big, but it is still there. You know what I mean, right? I mean, lots of people as I have seen are still going to be excited either way, but I do think that knowing beforehand may have some impact on their excitement when they get revealed. But like I said, the ruining of the excitement doesn't have to be big.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I'm convinced that the guy who made the leak (allegedly) has deep hatred for Incineroar and wants to make him the most hated character in Smash Bros. history.
I deciphered it! Decidueye is the one who made the leak.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
I think that's a red herring. I've been hearing "new build new build new build" since late June and it never happened. Besides it's 5 weeks till launch...
Yeah I'm hoping it's not a case of people thinking that the promotional video footage was actual event footage...

Untouch

Smash Master
Oh? Any new stages? Does the mysterious item appear? I wasn't aware of this at all
No, it looks to me that it is an updated version of the E3 demo, rather than a totally new demo. (Unless the Nintendo PGW stream is using the E3 demo for its tournament for some reason, they never got to the title screen.)
Apparently the saturation has been increased and the smoke effect has been reduced but I don't see it.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I'm going to do no I Told You Sos. Though, I never really stayed on one side. The background presents issues, but the new (possibly Golden Sun) item last night rekindled my hope, and the quest for the present-grinch should keep my hope burning. Nothing too much happened today, besides the grinch making a cameo at nintendo UKs comic con, which was ****ing hilarious. Pray for the best ending bros, this leak has been the best roller coaster of emotions Ive experienced in a long time.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Uh, guys...?

I just realized that even the Grinch stuffs are unfinished cutouts still in the paper; they're diagrams themselves:

Grinch diagram1.png

Grinch diagram2.png

Notice the lines and black dots, and stuff that's on the same paper.

In fact, the only things that seem to actually be 3D are the circular fixture decoration with the characters, wrapped in plastic and that thing on the end:

Grinch Leak3.png

Not sure what "Je Vous" means.

That black stuff on the paper, and above the Grinch with the dog? It's more marks covering up information.

y'know, just realized I may not have the original image, as I don't see Eric's name anywhere.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
In the end I want this leak to be real because

babey.PNG

Just look at him...

Geno is always human-sized in his mods and fake leaks but...this one got it right.
Geno's a little doll. Of COURSE he's Jigglypuff size.

I need this to be real for little baby Geno. Sassy Geno will always be the #1 but...just LOOK

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Not sure why I am posting this but something seemed...off with this
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought Ash liked Golden Sun. Why is he so dead panned on this video? Seems super fishy to me.
From what I can tell the whole gamexplain team seems to be kind of vitriolic towards anything regarding this leak for some reason

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Honestly, when it comes to this leak the thing that makes it similar is that the ESRB leak was never confirmed real until the gameplay leaked. I think we’re in similar territory here.

We can go back and forth saying that x, y, and z look off or we can nitpick the images themselves (what’s keeping me from going team fake are the ridiculous circumstances/the story behind it all), but frankly the only thing that will 100% rule this real or fake is either the leaker coming out and saying, “Bruh I bull****ted thousands of you fools” or actual footage in-game showing Banjo, or Isaac, or whoever, and even then it would have to somehow prove the banner art itself and not the character select screen.

This is in a league all it’s own. Frankly, I want this proven fake ASAP so that I don’t get my hopes up any further. I want this to be real sooooooo bad at this rate, and while I don’t think i’d be crushed if it is fake after all of this, I do think I would simply be disappointed at what could have been.

The flip side is a Smash game that will leave me with literally one or two character desires in DLC, and potentially never needing to speculate for another Smash game ever again.

Please, prove it wrong so that I don’t get completely bamboozled later. If it’s fake, I want these epic leakbusters to prove it’s fake ASAP.

But if it’s real..good god.

StormC

Smash Hero
Funny you say that, as MC Wii U edition was released in...December 2015.
I stand correct. I still hold my point though that I think a licensing conflict may have held Banjo back. It was the same with Sonic.

Assuming the leak is real.

Which it is. Not real, that is. Maybe.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Honestly, when it comes to this leak the thing that makes it similar is that the ESRB leak was never confirmed real until the gameplay leaked. I think we’re in similar territory here.

We can go back and forth saying that x, y, and z look off or we can nitpick the images themselves (what’s keeping me from going team fake are the ridiculous circumstances/the story behind it all), but frankly the only thing that will 100% rule this real or fake is either the leaker coming out and saying, “Bruh I bull****ted thousands of you fools” or actual footage in-game showing Banjo, or Isaac, or whoever, and even then it would have to somehow prove the banner art itself and not the character select screen.

This is in a league all it’s own. Frankly, I want this proven fake ASAP so that I don’t get my hopes up any further. I want this to be real sooooooo bad at this rate, and while I don’t think i’d be crushed if it is fake after all of this, I do think I would simply be disappointed at what could have been.

The flip side is a Smash game that will leave me with literally one or two character desires in DLC, and potentially never needing to speculate for another Smash game ever again.

Please, prove it wrong so that I don’t get completely bamboozled later. If it’s fake, I want these epic leakbusters to prove it’s fake ASAP.

But if it’s real..good god.
You understand me Jones

I'm team fake just so I can try to get my hopes down as much as possible.
But I KNOW I'll be disappointed either way if it's fake.

Call me selfish, but. Yea.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought Ash liked Golden Sun. Why is he so dead panned on this video? Seems super fishy to me.
It's just the voice he uses to present information in this type of video.

He's not exactly going to be screaming the house down, especially in a serious video.
From what I can tell the whole gamexplain team seems to be kind of vitriolic towards anything regarding this leak for some reason
Who knows what's going on behind the scenes with them.

That being said, comparing people who believe the leak to be real to be like Trump Supporters (derogatively so, some people would take that as a complement) is not cool, even if they've been treating you badly.

AugustusB

Smash Champion

View attachment 172494

Just look at him...

Geno is always human-sized in his mods and fake leaks but...this one got it right.

I need this to be real for little baby Geno. Sassy Geno will always be the #1 but...just LOOK
Little baby Geno, running around, shooting lasers would be a sight to see...

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm going to do no I Told You Sos. Though, I never really stayed on one side. The background presents issues, but the new (possibly Golden Sun) item last night rekindled my hope, and the quest for the present-grinch should keep my hope burning. Nothing too much happened today, besides the grinch making a cameo at nintendo UKs comic con, which was ****ing hilarious. Pray for the best ending bros, this leak has been the best roller coaster of emotions Ive experienced in a long time.
Understood. I plan on not doing I told you so's myself, since, I am on Team Hmmmmm after all, and probably will be until the Direct. I do have hope for this being real, but if it isn't, it won't spoil my day. Also, even if we get the best ending, we probably won't get the ideal harmonious ending, which is all of us being good sports towards each other, being peaceful and not rubbing it in others' faces. May not be as exciting as non-stop fighting, but it would be amazing if we could even get to that ending. Plus, it would be a good ending to go through, in my opinion.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I stand correct. I still hold my point though that I think a licensing conflict may have held Banjo back. It was the same with Sonic.

Assuming the leak is real.

Which it is. Not real, that is. Maybe.
But...a Wii U MC version must have been developed with a collaboration of Nintendo and Microsoft for several months, a year possibly from what I get of porting.
Just because they're publicly more friendly doesn't mean they haven't been patching up internally for years.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

View attachment 172494

Just look at him...

Sassy Tiny Geno is the true dream.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

View attachment 172494

Just look at him...

Yeah, Geno was one of the characters in the leak that made me question it at first because I couldn't make it out at all--once someone outlined it, it makes perfect sense and he (like all the others) looks amazing.

Tyrathius

Smash Cadet

View attachment 172494

Just look at him...

Keep in mind that character sizes on the mural aren't necessarily reflective of their ingame size.

Like, Mario is bigger (or at least taller) than Donkey Kong on the mural.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
But...a Wii U MC version must have been developed with a collaboration of Nintendo and Microsoft for several months, a year possibly from what I get of porting.
Just because they're publicly more friendly doesn't mean they haven't been patching up internally for years.
But there might not have been an agreeable deal struck back then for Banjo, is my point. Again, the same thing happened with Sonic. Sakurai originally wanted to add Sonic, but Sega wouldn't let him until 2007.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319

View attachment 172494

Just look at him...

>Accurately puppet sized Geno
>Conductor with Chorus Kids instead of just the 3.

Yeah, no fan could possibly think of these designs even after nearly a decade of several fan-made movesets and mods.

Sakurai is the kinda guy who goes into EXTREME detail when it comes to character concepts.

Tyrathius Tyrathius ...Maybe because he’s focused on the the front....?

Last edited:

Chrono.

Not sure why I am posting this but something seemed...off with this
DDerrick is the one that likes Golden Sun.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
You understand me Jones

It’s literally all I can do to keep my expectations in check. I’ve been convinced for the last two months that Ken and Incineroar were it based on things i’ve heard, and now I see things that kind of tell me it’s a dream roster of dream rosters...and it hasn’t been clearly shot down within 3 days after comparisons of renders, breakdowns from web design/graphic design artists in the community, and nitpicking from likely hundreds if not thousands of people?

Then there’s the story that goes with it all.

I’ve been checking my phone a lot to see if anything has changed or has been proven, so it’s hard to stay unbiased. I want this **** to be real so bad, yet I can’t allow myself to completely believe it without having the fear or sadness being behind it.

Granted, then I remember that I will literally be able to play the game within basically 5-6 weeks time. We can’t forget that.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
You understand me Jones

This is a little weird to me. I'd say I'm team real not because I want it to be real but because with all the evidence I've seen, it seems more likely to be real than fake to me. If I seen enough evidence otherwise, I'd be team fake, even if I want it to be real. There's been plenty of obviously false leaks that I wish were true because of the characters on them. Deciding whether you believe it or not based around your desires instead of the evidence seems like it defeats the purpose to me.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Keep in mind that character sizes on the mural aren't necessarily reflective of their ingame size.

Like, Mario is bigger (or at least taller) than Donkey Kong on the mural.
In SMRPG Geno is as tall as Mario...Tall Baby Sassy Geno coming soon!

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
It's just the voice he uses to present information in this type of video.

He's not exactly going to be screaming the house down, especially in a serious video.

Who knows what's going on behind the scenes with them.

That being said, comparing people who believe the leak to be real to be like Trump Supporters (derogatively so, some people would take that as a complement) is not cool, even if they've been treating you badly.
Honestly Im just so tired of politics being dragged into everything these days and I fee super awful that some guys I liked are dragging it into where it doesnt belong. While complaining about toxicity no less.
You don't get to complain about toxicity then bring up politics.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
But there might not have been an agreeable deal struck back then for Banjo, is my point. Again, the same thing happened with Sonic. Sakurai originally wanted to add Sonic, but Sega wouldn't let him until 2007.
But again, there's no reason to assume it was problematic. Spencer put out his tweet saying they've worked with Nintendo in the past and would have no problem with it (if he was being genuine). That was early 2015 during the ballot, and possibly during Minecraft for Wii U's development. There's no reason to assume they had unworkable disagreements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom