• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So, anything new today or still the same circles but with more hype knowing there's a direct in 26 hours?

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
What is the deal with the insiders like Mystic, Rogers and Damiani ? I don't know/follow them. Also lazy to check gameXplain video what are their thought ?
Emily Rogers has ALWAYS had a shaky leak history (most of her "leaks" have been false).

Jon from GameXplain (aka Jonneh on Resetera) does indeed get insider info, because his "predictions" always seem to end up being correct (such as Kirby Epic Yarn 3DS).

Mystic almost got fired over his tweets for trying to clear up all of this insiders nonsense.

The gist of it:

All of their info is leakbait/outdated, especially Vergeben's, and they all fell for it-

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I don't agree with Gamexplain when they said DLC is going to be mentioned but not shown off, it will but it won't mention direct characters.
They'll probably mention some partners they're working with, and maybe some series. That'd really get speculation going.

I think they mean that we may find out some DLC characters (like just their art renders) , but we won't see any gameplay from them specfically.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, no hating on Chocolate of any kind. Unless it's Chocolate Peanut Butter, that, and Reese's can die in a fire. Butterfingers are okay though (for some reason) :p
Oi! Reese's is good! What chocolate have you been eating, good sir?!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Emily Rogers has ALWAYS had a shaky leak history (most of her "leaks" have been false).

Jon from GameXplain (aka Jonneh on Resetera) does indeed get insider info, because his "predictions" always seem to end up being correct (such as Kirby Epic Yarn 3DS).

Mystic almost got fired over his tweets for trying to clear up all of this insiders nonsense.

The gist of it:

All of their info is leakbait/outdated, especially Vergeben's, and they all fell for it-

But what if it's legit information and the Grinch leak is leak bait?
Don't just assume things so fast...

Last edited:

Cycrum

Smash Apprentice
I have to wonder if Pokefloats was cut because it uses Pokemon Stadium models and can't be updated since they don't have the models anymore? Squirtle is one of the floats there.
They probably just don't have updated versions of all the models yet. I can see them release an updated version when Generation VIII is released with all of the new models with it.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

I'm pretty sure "leak-bait" is used to catch people from INSIDE the industry, not **** with public consumers who buy their game.

Why would the Grinch leak ever be leak bait to the general public by Nintendo, it only will shock and disappoint people if its fake.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm pretty sure "leak-bait" is used to catch people from INSIDE the industry, not **** with public consumers who buy their game.

Why would the Grinch leak ever be leak bait to the general public by Nintendo, it only will shock and disappoint people if its fake.
Extreme sadism is part of the development budget.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
As I said before the grinch leak being bait is suicidal. It has the top three most wanted characters in, being a fake out would only get people mad and they probably couldn't legally print banjo and Geno. Also I doubt Nintendo would waste money hiring people just for that and the fact that one of those companies spoke out about it tells you it was not bait.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Dude, it is much more likely that someone unrelated to Nintendo faked the Grinch leak and framed a guy named Eric than it is for Nintendo to sponsor (i.e. pay) someone to make featuring characters they don't own which Microsoft can sue them for using their IP (Capcom and Sega as well if they didn't agree to it)

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
YouTube comment section, discussing the Grinch leak.
Are there any upcoming events in France that would actually utilize wristbands from the leak?

I wish they'd just make Amiibo cards for the Smash characters or something. I don't really have any desire to have figurines lying around, especially when they cost an arm and a leg.
As far as I know the amiibo cards failed pretty hard, like 90% of the appeal of amiibos is collecting the figures, especially when for many characters that is the only sort of official figure you can get of them.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
For Banjo guys.. don't you think it's weird that Nintendo was the reason for Banjo's downofall and now (maybe) the reason for his comeback?
For that reason, don't you guys think the safer (and the more lucrative) way is to go for Steve, Didn't Vergeben and another leaker say that Minecraft will have some degree of representation in the game.

Just noting: I really don't want Steve or anything Minecraft in Smash, the only reason that'll make me accept Banjo XD

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I am glad I put Sora in my DLC predictions very early before any of this VGA business came.

At least, it will not feel like a cheap prediction.

As the one that started the argument that Sora has a real chance around May 2018, I am glad and super relieved.

(By the way, when did Spawn Wave tease this? I think I put Sora in my DLC prediction early around September 22, based on when I posted my first DLC prediction image on imgur for my Smashboards signature. Just want to make sure.)

Last edited:

Vrbtm

Banned via Administration
As far as I know the amiibo cards failed pretty hard, like 90% of the appeal of amiibos is collecting the figures, especially when for many characters that is the only sort of official figure you can get of them.
The only reason I care about them at all is because they have in-game functionality that is inaccessible without them. I should probably just be opposed to them entirely.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
That's not necessarily true.

Samus and Link in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Star Fox in Starlink,
Apples and oranges. MUA were creating something in the mind to later ask Nintendo once they had proof of concept to show.

Nintendo intentionally using Banjo or Geno as a false flag with the intent that they would simply weed out leakers. It's basically creating an intentionally false advertisement using characters you have no legal right to use. Not only could they be sued, they would damage relationships with trusted partners.

Not to mention that creating the art for fan favorites and including literal duds over them is an extremely poor business practise.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
For Banjo guys.. don't you think it's weird that Nintendo was the reason for Banjo's downofall and now (maybe) the reason for his comeback?
For that reason, don't you guys think the safer (and the more lucrative) way is to go for Steve, Didn't Vergeben and another leaker say that Minecraft will have some degree of representation in the game.

Just noting: I really don't want Steve or anything Minecraft in Smash, the only reason that'll make me accept Banjo XD
Good point. TBH, I'm really happy that Shovel Knight got an AT... it's the first Indie representation in Smash... To me, Steve doesn't need to be in to be the Indie Rep. If he was though... his moveset could be incredible.

D

Deleted member

Everybody, quick! To make sure the Grinch leak is legit, cross your eyes and count backwards from W!

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Whether Base or DLC, I just want my top 5 to make it in Ammy, Elma, Shantae, Sora, Rayman. I still find it strange that Gardevoir as popular as she is has not been shown yet as a Pokéball Pokémon, so I wouldn't be surprised if she our Pokémon newcomer along with Incineroar Primarina (or Lycanroc can't call them out just yet).
Oi! Reese's is good! What chocolate have you been eating, good sir?!
The kind that's far, far away from Peanut Butter, except for Butterfingers for some strange reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom