• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
Duh, it was obvious that the first DLC character would be from Square Enix, and Kingdom Hearts 3 launches at the same time DLC starts, Sora is definitely coming

osby

Smash Obsessed
World of light thought

What if :ultkrool: Shot :ultdk: out of the way of a beam before he was taken?
I can see :ultness: or :ultchrom: doing something like that, but K.Rool? Why? Granted, I'm not a DKC expert.

I feel like he more properly represents the "Wtf is this?" character that Sakurai is so fond of. And I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he was a low-priority character discussed early on, and in prior Smash's, would've been cut. All hail glorious DLC, though.
Sakurai likes weird characters but "wtf" is not a character type. The characters fans label as such are always from new franchises.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Yeah I don't remember thay being said by Sakurai. Can I get uhhhhh source on that statement
DLC characters were decided before the main roster cutoff though.

"We decided on which fighters to include when we started planning."

The five characters are already decided on. It's why characters like Rex and Spring Man didn't make it, because DLC was already decided.

Fan demand could come into play with a potential Season 2, but for now the only thing we can do is wait and see who makes the cut.

This is pretty intense lol.
This is like the seventh time I've used this source lol.

Regardless, DLC is already planned, and we will get an SE character and Minecraft content. Mark my words.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
You're right, the Direct never said the plant would get a stage. It's probably just misinformation. The 108 stages will probably be the five DLC stages that come with the five DLC characters
No it was in the official release.

Also i spot Rayquaza in the trailer where Kirby was overlooking the world

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The biggest announcement they've done there I can think of is Bayonetta 3 and even that is one of their more cult/niche titles getting a sequel.
Let's forget Botw grand premiere there with ****ing Miyamoto himself right?:4pacman:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think people are expecting a big announcement more because it's their first chance to sell their fighter pass.
You mean the fighter pass that will sell regardless no matter what anyone says?

You can accomplish that with pretty much any character revealed their as long as they're not some literal ''Who?".

I also don't think the general audience will come into much play with a VG award reveal anyways. Those things are diehard catered whether people like to admit it or not.

D

Deleted member

I really really hope that the Grinch faker tells us how they did it. The amount of mental gymnastics and 99D chess they must've been playing was crazy, like 4000 IQ goddamn

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Duh, it was obvious that the first DLC character would be from Square Enix, and Kingdom Hearts 3 launches at the same time DLC starts, Sora is definitely coming
I wouldn't say for sure that Sora is definitely coming. Sakurai shattered our expectations with Piranha Plant and the de-confirmation of the Grinch leak, so... I think the SE character could be anyone really (except Geno. I don't think he's getting in)

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Apparently Robin still calls in Chrom for his Final Smash.

I don't know how to feel about this.
When Chrom joins the battle, Chrom is in charge of Robin's Final Smash!

Chrom: Leave it t- wait, what?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Let's forget Botw grand premiere there with ****ing Miyamoto himself right?:4pacman:
I don't recall this, but yes, you're right. If that happened it would be.

One time does not make a pattern though.

I just think people are putting too much stock into Sora and are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I really really hope that the Grinch faker tells us how they did it. The amount of mental gymnastics and 99D they must've been playing was crazy, like 4000 IQ goddamn
I'm like 99% sure that it was MTP paying someone to make it...
Hoping for the 'sugoi desu ne' reporter :p
You and me both huh?
She was already spotted as a Spirit, so I don't know if that hurts her chances or not

D

Deleted member

Can we all just agree that we are getting a DLC announcement before the end of 2018, and be happy whoever it is?

LuigiBros7

Smash Rookie
Going from Mewtwo, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy, and Bayonetta as DLC to Piranha Plant, Minecraft, and Granblue as DLC would certainly invoke colorful reactions from the playerbase.

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't say for sure that Sora is definitely coming. Sakurai shattered our expectations with Piranha Plant and the de-confirmation of the Grinch leak, so... I think the SE character could be anyone really (except Geno. I don't think he's getting in)
My gut is telling me that It will be either him or someone from Dragon Quest

Ezegengar15

Smash Rookie
I know is old news.....but someone already discuss that Ken pose in the banner is simillar to the one in the banner leak?:confused:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
You and me both huh?
She was already spotted as a Spirit, so I don't know if that hurts her chances or not
I don't mean to be a downer, but I don't think any RH rep will be playable, especially since she's a spirit. I think the characters that are only spirits will stay as spirits.

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
If DLC was decided in 2015, that reshapes the entire speculation.

In 2015:

No Xenoblade Chronicles 2
No Crash Bandicoot Remaster
No Spyro Remaster

But there was:

Rayman Legends
Tomb Raider
Dragon Quest Heroes

And probably many more for both groups.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Honestly, I'm thinking that a Granblue character is not happening. I'm thinking that the discussion was decided around the time Cygames decided to partner up with Nintendo for Dragalia Lost, which I believe could have happened after DLC characters were decided around 2015-2016.

If they were recently in-discussion for it in 2017-2018, it implies to me that a second Fighter pass was decided upon. I personally think Katalina is not on the first fighter pass. I do not think she will be in future passes either. It is just based on Sakurai's statements about adding 3rd party gaming icon from globally popular franchises. GB is a big deal in Japan, but not so much in the West I believe, just like Dragon Quest and Yo-kai Watch.

Plus, if a Granblue character was being decided upon as DLC in 2015, that would have been around the time the mobile game was a year old. I cannot imagine Sakurai giving a character to a third-party franchise that young. I think he will aim for bigger third-party gaming icons instead for DLC.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Does anyone have the final (at least until if they add dlc characters to it) Everyone is Here image i could save?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I don't recall this, but yes, you're right. If that happened it would be.

One time does not make a pattern though.

I just think people are putting too much stock into Sora and are setting themselves up for disappointment.
Honestly I wouldn't put much stock into that rumor if it didn't come from a guy with a 0 fail streak who claim about a VGA Announcement in all of his video about rumor and yesterday with the Direct, hinting at Sora three time now, implying someone big is coming and Vergeben who claim that the Square-Enix Characters is first

Like, if it was anyone else I wouldn't bat an eye, but with Spawn-Wave spotless record streak and now Vergeben's turnabout as people realized he was right all along.

It got my attention and allow me to hope. I'm ready to die on that hill even since I argued with you back in March about KH's impact :p

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I don't mean to be a downer, but I don't think any RH rep will be playable, especially since she's a spirit. I think the characters that are only spirits will stay as spirits.
Yeah, that's a bummer...
who is MTP?
Mario teh Plumber...
He's a jerk who got famous for hoarding a bunch of Rosalina Amiibo, just so her fans couldn't get them...

Many people, Including myself, believe he helped with the Grinch leak because of certain tweets and videos, as well as both him and the Ganondorf leaker saying "broken Clocks

Last edited:

Skyline1992

Smash Apprentice
DLC predictions:
1. Bandana Dee
2. Elma ( I didn’t see any XCX content and I didn’t see her as a spirit)
3. Sora
4. Banjo
5. Steve

Pakky

Smash Hero
Lowkey I hope he has design liberties

Steve is charming in his simplicity but like... ew.

This style maybe but the same time it gives me that shakes, so could you not?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
My gut is telling me that It will be either him or someone from Dragon Quest
I think so. Sora or DQ seem the most likely, though I think DQ might be more likely (but that's probably because I'm biased against Sora)

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai likes weird characters but "wtf" is not a character type. The characters fans label as such are always from new franchises.
That's not true. I distinctly remember Wii Fit Trainer, and ROB being described as such. Weird and "WTF" aren't mutually exclusive terms, honestly.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, that's a bummer...

Mario teh Plumber...
He's a jerk who got famous for hoarding a bunch of Rosalina Amiibo, just so her fans could get them...

Many people, Including myself, believe he helped with the Grinch leak because of certain tweets and videos, as well as both him and the Ganondorf leaker saying "broken Clocks
hmm... interesting

T H E P L O T

T H I C C E N S

Untouch

Smash Master
I feel a DQ character is just about large enough to carry itself as DLC in the west, but a GB character is absolutely not.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
No it was in the official release.

Also i spot Rayquaza in the trailer where Kirby was overlooking the world
What? What do you mean official release? I'm pretty sure if PP had a home stage it would be the mushroom kingdom unlockable stage from the N64, which has pipes and piranha plants. He's not getting a stage as DLC unfortunately (even though I'd love Bowser's castle)

Also where is Rayquaza??

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If the Square rep is a Dragon Quest character I'm absolutely certain that it'll be Slime now, since Piranha Plant opened the door for regular enemies and the like, it's by far the most iconic thing from the franchise.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Wonder how that worked our given they are rereleaeing then again
and in much higher quantities, the amiibo were never gonna be a limited time deal, especially now.. Unless they do Smash Series 2 Amiibo with everyone in their new poses.. Which means two sets for me to buy with no money X_X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom