• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm watching the Tree House footage from yesterday, and dang, the Isabelle showcase makes her look awesome! The fishing rod being a tether is actually pretty sweet. I like the possibilities she has when mixing the Lloid rocket with the fishing rod, that looks like it could be really nasty in the hands of good players.

Also, yeeeeeesssss she has the slingshot. I can't remember if that was shown off in her reveal or not, but I'm glad she has it, it's my favorite move from Villager.

SamuXCI

Smash Cadet
NNID
SamuXCI
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
I don't think it's available yet. My guess is we probably won't be able to purchase it until after the game is out
Odd they would make me wait to give them money right after the direct.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 Do you mind asking to Vergeben if Sora is eligible as a SE rep or is he out for his link with Disney? That would be great to destroy my dreams all and for once
I am not sure if getting Vergeben's opinion on the matter will really matter, because it may or may not match Sakurai's viewpoint.

I personally suspect Sakurai views Sora as a Square Enix character, but who knows.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Hey guys I'm trying to purchase the Fighters Pass but I'm only seeing the option to buy the digital game with the pass. Is it not available or am I just bad at navigating the store?
Don't you want to know what are those first?.. one of those might be Steve XD
Is that going to encourage people to assume everyone under the sun as the potential SE rep? There's boatloads of characters to go on from.

Even Bub the dragon could be it.
Boy I read that Battletoads. Wouldn't that be the awesomest? hmm, HEY! Maybe that's the Microsoft rep :D They have a game upcoming. You heard it first from yours truely :)

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I am not sure if getting Vergeben's opinion on the matter will really matter, because it may or may not match Sakurai's viewpoint.

I personally suspect Sakurai views Sora as a Square Enix character, but who knows.
I mean, if Sora isn't seen as a SE rep for him, it can means that there a very high chance that he's not in the list that Vergeben got

Graizen

Smash Champion
So , what people said to me about DLC:

Rayman, Steve, Dragon Quest Rep., Katalina and Sans

I actualy don't think it will be Sans, but the others are very possible.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
No one knows, he didn't specify.
Notably, nothing Bethesda was shown at all in the direct though.
Yeah, I'm not so sure I can believe a Western IP will get a playable character. I just don't see it happening

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
So the char

Hmm, doesn't land it, but it looks like the same opening as before.

So are these the only characters that don't have a confirmed Final Smash?
  • Luigi
  • MetaKnight
  • Pokemon Trainer
  • Greninja
  • Captain Falcon
  • ROB
  • Miis
Already saw Pokemon Trainer's-- since they were in the E3 demo. Still Triple Finish. And we know Greninja's involves turning into Ash Greninja.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So the char

Hmm, doesn't land it, but it looks like the same opening as before.

So are these the only characters that don't have a confirmed Final Smash?
  • Luigi
  • MetaKnight
  • Pokemon Trainer
  • Greninja
  • Captain Falcon
  • ROB
  • Miis
Not 100% on Greninja but we saw Pokemon Trainer's FS, it's pretty much the same as before.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I dunno, Spawn Wave and Sakurai's Background Theory has me convinced that Sora is the first DLC character.

With PapaGenos' source's source originally only being sure about Banjo-Kazooie being DLC (the source was confused when hearing about the Grinch Leak and its characters), maybe we'll get them along with a Minecraft stage (if B-K and Minecraft aren't separate).

-

Have we seen Peach's final smash?

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Boy I read that Battletoads. Wouldn't that be the awesomest? hmm, HEY! Maybe that's the Microsoft rep :D They have a game upcoming. You heard it first from yours truely :)
Fun as that would be, I doubt that would happen.

I mean these guys had a longer history with Nintendo than B-K, after all. If they're not in, I imagine that Steve being in would make future Smash negotiations with Microsoft easier from this point on.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
So , what people said to me about DLC:

Rayman, Steve, Dragon Quest Rep., Katalina and Sans

I actualy don't think it will be Sans, but the others are very possible.
lol Sans will never be in Smash. I'm sorry to anyone who thinks he has a chance, but that's not happening

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think someone already posted this, but it seems Chrom still appears in Robin's Final Smash
So if Sakurai now seemingly doesn't care about doubles of characters appearing. What does this mean in terms of speculation?

Maybe he's just embracing the whole ''Toys concept" and saying ''Oh hell. The kid has two Chrom action figures. Why the hell not?"

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
When you look up at Kingdom Hearts trademark it's listed as Disney Enterprises.

So therefore it might be safe to assume that you wouldn't even legally consider Sora a Square rep. He'd be adding ''Disney" to the bottom trademarks.

https://trademarks.justia.com/763/47/kingdom-76347393.html
That is a very good point, and I don't think Disney would be in Smash. I have no idea who to think could be the SE rep, except for another FF character

D

Deleted member

I have a feeling they won't even be semiclones. All of Smash 4's actual DLC newcomers were extremely unique. I expect the same here.
You mean with the exception of Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy.

But yeah, I'd like to think it would all be completely unique, but who knows. Semi-clones are dinstinguished enough now from who they're based on to still make people happy.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yes, disney owns the rights, but it is still fully published and developed by square enix.
But that doesn't change the fact that he wouldn't be a Square Rep potentially. You give the claim to who owns the trademark on him. So does it not stand that if there's a Square rep coming, it's very unlikely to be Sora or someone misunderstands his copyright and doesn't realize it'd be a Disney rep technically?

D

Deleted member

god

frickin

DAMN

IDEC what characters are DLC or whatever man, you could add 3 goombas stacked on top of each other and cancel the rest of dlc. As long as we can keep everything already showed off, I'm hype as HELL for this game

osby

Smash Obsessed
So if Sakurai now seemingly doesn't care about doubles of characters appearing. What does this mean in terms of speculation?

Maybe he's just embracing the whole ''Toys concept" and saying ''Oh hell. The kid has two Chrom action figures. Why the hell not?"
Doubles matches are a thing since the first game ;)

No, seriously, Fox and Falco already show up in each other's Final Smashes, it's nothing new.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

So does this mean Robin and Chrom can beat up Chrom using Robin's final smash? I guess it doesn't really matter since you can play as up to eight Chroms if you wanted

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don’t know about any of you guys, but i’m just watching all these gameplay videos and getting even more hyped for this game.

Luckily, I have two 4 day weeks in a row, then a 3 day week, then 2 full weeks of school before we get this game. We’re so close, yet it feels so far away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom