• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
As much as I agree that having a Pokémon newcomer makes sense, I still really wish there was a Human Pokémon Newcomer that actually fights.
Should've gotten Jesse with a James echo. They use Meowth, Weezing, and Wobbuffet

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
>"DURR MORTH STINKEE! NO LIKE SWORDS!"
>"HEE HEE, ME LIKE FUNNI ANIMAL AND BUFF PUNCHY-BOY"

The Smash fanbase in a nutshell. Thankfully, the Pokemon and Mario defense force don't brown nose their franchises as often. Remember that in Sm4sh? it's always something like, "Yeah but Pokemon and Mario are relevant and sell more! So they deserve more reps!" Stupid logic like that.
There is some truth to that though, since Pokemon and Mario are better known they have broader appeal. Theoretically they should make more people satisfied.

However FE characters have always been popular picks even with people who aren't familiar with the source material. There's a ton of Marth, Roy and Ike players out their who have probably never played their source games.

Not that I condone the over use of the term "deserves" when it comes to character picks.
mario deserves more reps actually. more than pokemon does

anyone bothered by there being ten pokemon in the roster? no, just me?
Pokemon is a character driven game, there's a lot more reps to pull from compared to Mario. Not to mention other franchises in the roster (Yoshi, DK) have heavy ties with the Mario series.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Poisons? Unless I really like poison for some reason, these both sound like gold to me!

You mean I get to have 2B in Smash, AND finally have someone laugh at my horrible unfunny jokes any and every time I tell one? I could become the first successful comedian without an audience!

Having Sans in Family Guy isn't so bad either. I mean, I don't like them together, but at least now this means Family guy is indirectly on a Nintendo console.
If you get both, prepare to hear the laugh track while you watch an episode of Family Guy where Sans "befriends" Lois and gives Stewie a bad time. Also, Brian finds out he's related to the Annoying Dog somehow.

mario deserves more reps actually. more than pokemon does

anyone bothered by there being ten pokemon in the roster? no, just me?
To be perfectly honest, I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other, but I feel like the problem with Pokemon itself is that every pick is always something safe. An Ultra-Beast rep or even Silvally would have been awesome choices for Gen 7, but I can deal with Macho Man Randy Savage.

The **** did Little Mac do to you?
lmfao, nothing! I was just throwing non-specific non-sword fighters that people support no matter how similar a lot of them start to feel

KMDP

Smash Legend
Same note: I personally hate that Cloud evolved into a brooding ultra-badass when in FFVII he was this dorky wannabe who only thought he was an ultra-badass.
Sometimes it feels like the people who write for the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII haven't actually played FFVII. :laugh:

Or at least they only played Disc 1.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Alright, I've got a hypothetical for all of you. Suppose you guys get your Most-Wanted, but you must choose one of the following:

1. Every day from now on until the Fighter's Pack bundle is released, you must accept a laugh track. You can choose any laugh track, and everyone within earshot of you will hear it. Example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E32I4Biu2bE&t=0m40s

2. Sans is now a Family Guy character, and there is a new episode every single week. You are forced to watch those episodes until the Fighter's Pack bundle is released. Miss one episode and the deal is off.View attachment 176776

Pick your poison.
Option two in a heart beat. Sans in family guy would actually be hilarious and I'd tune in even if I wouldn't get my most wanted

KMDP

Smash Legend
*Palutena probably being low tier again*
Maybe one day she’ll be good...
She's like Beerus in FighterZ, she's holding back to make it fair for the other characters.

Unfortunately, also like Beerus, she's holding back way too much.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Pokemon is a character driven game, there's a lot more reps to pull from compared to Mario. Not to mention other franchises in the roster (Yoshi, DK) have heavy ties with the Mario series.
yeah but i like mario more so i want more mario characters lol. gimme fawful already

To be perfectly honest, I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other, but I feel like the problem with Pokemon itself is that every pick is always something safe. An Ultra-Beast rep or even Silvally would have been awesome choices for Gen 7, but I can deal with Macho Man Randy Savage.
Big Same mimikyu and necrozma were my top picks, they really should have been playable instead of incineroar

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
She's like Beerus in FighterZ, she's holding back to make it fair for the other characters.

Half the cast would wreck her **** though

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman

I just want her to be at least Mid Tier. Hopefully they buff her in the first few patches(if she needs it)

Noipoi

Howdy!
Despite my better judgement I just preordered Let's Go Pikachu. I feel so disgusted with myself.
If the Pokemon series devolves into total mobile garbage in the next year, you know who to blame!
I have failed you....png

KMDP

Smash Legend
Despite my better judgement I just preordered Let's Go Pikachu. I feel so disgusted with myself.
If the Pokemon series devolves into total mobile garbage in the next year, you know who to blame!
View attachment 176783
Ah, I see Green finally making her game debut was reason enough for you to buy the game.

(Joking, obviously)

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
View attachment 176783
Honestly it's really tempting to get it. I grew up with Gen 1 so the nostalgia is hitting me hard. I'd probably be with you if I wasn't broke and could only afford 1 game in the next 2 months (that being Smash lol)

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
View attachment 176783
I had the Let's Go games preordered a few months ago, but then I cancelled them because I have no interest in the mechanics and gameplay of those games

Flyboy

Smash Hero
As much as I agree that having a Pokémon newcomer makes sense, I still really wish there was a Human Pokémon Newcomer that actually fights.
Right so hear me out. Follow me on this one: Guzma and Golisopod but they're a Corrin echo and it's never explained how that's possible

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Honestly it's really tempting to get it. I grew up with Gen 1 so the nostalgia is hitting me hard. I'd probably be with you if I wasn't broke and could only afford 1 game in the next 2 months (that being Smash lol)
The Let's Go games are a lot different from RBY and don't really even feel all that nostalgic, at least not to me. I'd definitely say get Smash over Pokémon

NineS

Smash Lord
View attachment 176783
If it makes you feel any better, I was one of the people that actually kinda liked awakening.

Is this a confession?
Forgive me, Emil, for I have sinned.

well that and i think let's go won't actually be bad, just mediocre. it does stink compared to practically every other pokemon, i guess. i don't know. i haven't looked into it too much.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
View attachment 176783
It's okay. I went back on what I said and changed my order to be the Pokeball+ bundle instead. I don't even know why I'm getting that 30$ when I barely even play Pokemon Go itself, it just somehow felt wrong for me not to. Maybe it's pokewalker nostalgia. I'm still more of a mindless pokezombie then you are.

Oh sweet Arceus I just realized its been nearly a decade since HG/SS I feel old.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
The Let's Go games are a lot different from RBY and don't really even feel all that nostalgic, at least not to me. I'd definitely say get Smash over Pokémon
Oh yeah, it was never a debate. I'm not a huge fan of Pokemon Go so it's a turn off, but seeing the OG 151 and Kanton in HD. The feeeeeeels

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Man, I just finished Torna: The Golden Country. Everything in it made me want Rex even more. Why do I do this to myself?

I mean I don’t rate him at a 0%. He’s definitely not disconfirmed, but I don’t how confident I am in him being picked at this point if the direction is marketing and newer characters.

I don’t know. I loved Xenoblade 2 the first time I played, and then watching the ending of this one brought me back to playing it last year. I really do love it.

Hopefully I luck out and he somehow makes it in, with it without Pyra. At this rate if that happened I would literally shut up about characters. Like, I would be 120% satisfied.

Well all I can do is hope and wait.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It's okay. I went back on what I said and changed my order to be the Pokeball+ bundle instead. I don't even know why I'm getting that 30$ when I barely even play Pokemon Go itself, it just somehow felt wrong for me not to. Maybe it's pokewalker nostalgia. I'm still more of a mindless pokezombie then you are.

Oh sweet Arceus I just realized its been nearly a decade since HG/SS I feel old.
The one thing I will never do is get the Pokeball plus. I say it's because i'm taking a stand against locking Mew behind a paywall (which is stupid), but really I don't have the time or money for it :p

I was like 8 when HG/SS came out what the hell?

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Man, I just finished Torna: The Golden Country. Everything in it made me want Rex even more. Why do I do this to myself?

I mean I don’t rate him at a 0%. He’s definitely not disconfirmed, but I don’t how confident I am in him being picked at this point if the direction is marketing and newer characters.

I don’t know. I loved Xenoblade 2 the first time I played, and then watching the ending of this one brought me back to playing it last year. I really do love it.

Hopefully I luck out and he somehow makes it in, with it without Pyra. At this rate if that happened I would literally shut up about characters. Like, I would be 120% satisfied.

I dunno. With the Rex costume I think Sakurai may have just been talking about Rex not making it into base. Xenoblade is an up and coming franchise. I could see Nintendo adding Rex or Elma for promotion/popularity's sake

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Look on the bright side.
With the language Sakurai used, he clearly would've put him in if time allowed.
A similar situation was there with the Inklings, so I think it's safe to say that Rex has a pretty good chance for Smash 6.

Unless, they make XC3 in the internim.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I dunno. With the Rex costume I think Sakurai may have just been talking about Rex not making it into base. Xenoblade is an up and coming franchise. I could see Nintendo adding Rex or Elma for promotion/popularity's sake
you know that means that you'd get a rex costume for miis as a bonus for buying a pack that contains rex, right. that's the incentive bonus besides it being less than five dollars cheaper, it would make it incredibly redundant

LetterO

Smash Lord
I've talked about Rhythm Heaven quite enough already, so how many of you all can I get on the Crash, Doomguy, and Sylux train?

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
you know that means that you'd get a rex costume for miis as a bonus for buying a pack that contains rex, right. that's the incentive bonus besides it being less than five dollars cheaper, it would make it incredibly redundant
I mean, maybe? But maybe not. Could just be a thing to tide Xenoblade 2 fans over til DLC. I know Sakurai loves that game.

Not arguing for Rex, I hate him and his design (as well as XC2), just saying it could happen

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I've talked about Rhythm Heaven quite enough already, so how many of you all can I get on the Crash, Doomguy, and Sylux train?
I'm already on the Crash train. I'm not all in (I've never played Crash lol) but I think he's cool and i'd like to see him in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom