• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Arguing and whining about FE again? How nostalgic. Makes it feel like 2016 again.

Also, female Robin is the best FE character on the roster next to Marth.
People hate Fire Emblem but can't do without talking about it.

No, really, we were having a proper conversation

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I mean, I would buy the download version, but it happens to be €15 more expensive than the physical version, soooooo
yeah, I was able to get the physical copy for about $10 less here

i can wait a few hours for delivery

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The true villain for FE is :ultcorrin: cause playing him and not the female version is like a crime.
You are so right
If Female Corrin is Canon, what about Robin?
Both Robins can be canon, but moreso Male Robin (it’s not as big of a difference canon wise as it is with the Corrins)
I don't think anyone got the joke
Robin is the final boss, Grima. Don't ask me how the **** that works, I only know this because my older brother loved that game to bits/
I was more so talking about the fact that
Robin ****s :ultchrom:, his sisters, and his daughters

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Here is a news about Sakurai discussing something in terms of Smash Ultimate Content:

Sakurai:
"This time, I worked with the same company and same team that worked on Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS titles. And in those titles, we were able to include quite a few fighters. So I thought, if we work a bit harder, we can make the dream of including all fighters come true, so we went for it.

There will be people who might feel disappointed if fighters that appeared in a previous title are not included. I didn’t want any players to feel that way, so we worked really hard to make this happen.

But what I learned is that regardless of doing our utmost, no matter how hard we try, and no matter how many fighters we include, there will always be people who feel that way."

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean, I would buy the download version, but it happens to be €15 more expensive than the physical version, soooooo
Why the hell some code is more expensive than all the packaging and cartage and stuff?

Bee Card

Smash Ace
First thing I do when Ultimate releases? Pick up the game from the shop, remove the game card from the box, insert it into my Switch, and then turn the Switch on and boot up the game. Kind of hard to do any of the stuff you lot are talking about if you don't do any of these things first. :p
You forget to lick the cartidge and you want to give us a tutorial ? ;)

D

Deleted member

I just wanted to talk about FE help me.
Didn't you know? Liking 3DS era FE is a sin.

You must worship the Ike games least you be considered a heathen.

Even though the 3DS games are fine and for me personally, I loved them. I spent like, 300 hours on Fates, lol. Unit optimization was fun in that game.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
You are so right

Both Robins can be canon, but moreso Male Robin (it’s not as big of a difference canon wise as it is with the Corrins)

I was more so talking about the fact that
Robin ****s :ultchrom:, his sisters, and his daughters
Wait how can both be canon? (I know nothing about FE)

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
i know you're young and all but protip: if you're going to antagonize/annoy people, you go all in and never apologize
the internet is a battlefield wasteland.

people get oof'd all the time around these parts.

and this is also true
But I never apologized and as a result I got banned three times
I can’t annoy or antagonize anyone if I get banned

osby

Smash Obsessed
Anyway, I know people like shaming others for selecting different genders but all of them are valid, there's a reason they put them in Smash.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Based on the last few pages I feel like blocking someone might be a valid option in this case.

Also did a little reading in the Isaac thread. It's not horrific by any means, but only re-enforces my belief that people become way too attached to fictional characters. Some people just take this stuff way too seriously. And I'd love to say these attitudes are because of the younger age group participating in discussions, but then I get reminders that some of the most unreasonable/obsessive people here are 30+

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
buying physical copies of games is the correct way, only those without class purchase them digitally.
then I must of not had class for all of my 3DS life because I was 100% digital there and switch and its great. more space, less boxes, easy switching

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Didn't you know? Liking 3DS era FE is a sin.

You must worship the Ike games least you be considered a heathen.

Even though the 3DS games are fine and for me personally, I loved them. I spent like, 300 hours on Fates, lol. Unit optimization was fun in that game.
Only one I've played is FE: Heros and a bit of Fates tbh.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
then I must of not had class for all of my 3DS life because I was 100% digital there and switch and its great
i keep forgetting about the games i have downloaded on my 3ds but it's pretty convenient

until i switched my DS that was annoying but then after that it was ok again

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
"There will be people who might feel disappointed if fighters that appeared in a previous title are not included. I didn’t want any players to feel that way, so we worked really hard to make this happen.

But what I learned is that regardless of doing our utmost, no matter how hard we try, and no matter how many fighters we include, there will always be people who feel that way."

Sakurai is fully aware he can't make everyone happy. It must really sting when he has to deal with more character requests even after trying so hard. Let that sink in.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Curses, a good argument!
Also, sidenote Moy, is it their or they're that I should use? Not too sure so I felt maybe I should ask
buying physical copies of games is the correct way, only those without class purchase them digitally.
I may not have class but I DO have ass

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
Since you seem to be european, you should look into changing your nintendo account's region in order to buy from other countries for cheaper. I switched my account to south africa, fully restarted my switch (not sleep mode, but fully power down). When it booted back up, the eshop was the south african one. Went and bought Smash for 849rand, which is around 53€ (against the 69,99€ of my country's price, so I got almost a 17€ discount). Then turned my console off, changed my region again back to Spain, turned the console on, went to eshop Smash page, and started preloading. The game is exactly the same through all of the PAL regions, so there's no issues. Although some credit cards may not allow the purchase on some foreign countries.

D

Deleted member

People are actually just discussing the series and its villains. I'm not seeing any whining here.
People hate Fire Emblem but can't do without talking about it.

No, really, we were having a proper conversation
Oh, that's cool. I just assumed it was the usual stuff, seeing as I just got here. My bad, lol. :p

As far as FE characters go, I'd be down with more as long as they're interesting. Getting a villain would be cool, but who would you go with, I wonder? Black Knight was one of the bigger ones and he's an AT, unfortunately.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Based on the last few pages I feel like blocking someone might be a valid option in this case.

Also did a little reading in the Isaac thread. It's not horrific by any means, but only re-enforces my belief that people become way too attached to fictional characters. Some people just take this stuff way too seriously. And I'd love to say these attitudes are because of the younger age group participating in discussions, but then I get reminders that some of the most unreasonable/obsessive people here are 30+
Most of the bad behavior I've seen are either from literal kids or fans that been rooting for the same character for so long and have very little patience.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Wait how can both be canon? (I know nothing about FE)
It doesn't happen in the game this way, but there are technically two "Robin"s, so theoretically they could be different genders and it wouldn't affect anything.

In-game, though, the second Robin always matches the Robin you picked.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh, that's cool. I just assumed it was the usual stuff, seeing as I just got here. My bad, lol. :p

As far as FE characters go, I'd be down with more as long as they're interesting. Getting a villain would be cool, but who would you go with, I wonder? Black Knight was one of the bigger ones and he's an AT, unfortunately.
I think Celica would be a good candidate but not sure if Sakurai see her any more interesting than Robin.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I missed the discussion earlier on Isaac fans apparently throwing a temper tantrum. In my opinion, I think it was very damn justified. Not their actions, but it's justified that they were pissed.

The fact that Isaac. along with many fan favorites, wasn't spotted yet which gave people hope of the character, only for them to be shown off in the final direct. Then, to add insult to injury, we got a ****ing Piranha Plant as our first DLC character. I think the reason most fans (including me) were pissed isn't because the characters were deconfirmed, but that they waited until the final direct to deconfirm all these fan favorites, then show of their new DLC which was literally a generic enemy from Mario

Yeah, I feel their pain, I felt it myself, and alot of you probably also did.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Curses, a good argument!
Also, sidenote Moy, is it their or they're that I should use? Not too sure so I felt maybe I should ask
In this sentence:
Haha look at this nerd, buying their games physically
it's "their", since "they're" = "they are" which wouldn't make sense here

(unless I'm dumb and you meant something else, which is probably the case here)

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
"There will be people who might feel disappointed if fighters that appeared in a previous title are not included. I didn’t want any players to feel that way, so we worked really hard to make this happen.

Sakurai is fully aware he can't make everyone happy. It must really sting when he has to deal with more character requests even after trying so hard. Let that sink in.
I mean, Sakurai basically tells us in this little snippet that he tried to make Ultimate a game that appeals to the fans by bringing back every character. On top of that, he gives us Ridley, K. Rool, and a new Adventure Mode. What's his feedback on November 1st?

"NO ISAC GINO OR BANDJO AND KAZZOE OMG SAKERI DOSNT CARE A BOUT THE FANS!! WURST DERECT EVER!!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom