• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Let's play a game: Pick your main, as soon as someone has claimed them you can no longer choose them
I choose Conker​
SORA
I call Sora

I'LL TAKE MEGA RAYQUAZA. HAVE FUN BEATING ME NOW SUCKERS! IT'S ANYTHING GOES HERE.

Being serious though I'll take Quote.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I wish I could use my GCN controller before I wondered what would happen if I dropped it on the floor- oops there goes being able to use the control stick
I'll never forgive 10-year old me.

Roberk

Smash Champion

Hey there wonderful friends! I'm pretty curious. Which controller will you all be using this time around? I'll be going with the Switch Pro Controller of course! Since it's pretty similar to the Wii U Pro Controller I used for Smash 4, I should have no trouble making the shift. So I'm pretty set here! I always did prefer the digital triggers these controllers have over the gamecube controllers analog triggers~
Got myself a fake XC2 styled Pro Controller since I didn’t want to pay over $100 for a real one, might pick up a new GameCube controller. (I hear they have some issues though unfortunately.)

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Let's play a game: Pick your main, as soon as someone has claimed them you can no longer choose them
I choose Conker​
All these characters and you still remove characters....

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308
Probably with the system itself in handheld mode. I really like my portability so that tends to be my way to play
Well I know how much you love a hands-on approach, haha. Very fitting for you~
Old Indigo and I have been together since Brawl, and I have no intent on abandoning him just yet. We've seen some hard fought battles together, and I'm looking forward to many more.

Indigo is the name of my Gamecube controller btw.
Whoa, does Indigo still work well after all those years? You really know how to keep your controller in prime condition!
I'm going to buy one of these
You sir have very good taste! I was actually thinking of maybe picking up the Smash Pro controller myself~
Got myself a fake XC2 styled Pro Controller since I didn’t want to pay over $100 for a real one, might pick up a new GameCube controller.
The last time I got myself a 3rd party Gamecube controller, the analog sticks ended up being very sensitive to any slight movement and the D-Pad was a real mess. It was a horror show! But yeah, I definitely learned my lesson. You get what you pay for I suppose, heh.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
-I gave a source that says how Pokémon is the biggest franchise. Could you give me your source that says otherwise? I think it is only fair.
-You mentioned people wanting more Pokémon but since the base roster is already been picked, the only way for a Pokémon to get in is by DLC.
-But the sad face isnt meant to say that I am upset. :confused:
You'll have to excuse me, but I'm done explaining. Here's the link:
https://www.thegamer.com/top-15-highest-grossing-video-game-franchises-of-all-time/

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I kinda doubt it, but how would you guys feel about Ryu Hayabusa? I figure they'd pull mostly from the NES Ninja Gaiden games.
I think he would round out the NES/Arcade icons and add another fighting game rep. Give him his weapons from the NES Trilogy as specials, base his standards off of Dead or Alive, and maybe a Shadow Clone FS and he'd be pretty set. Koei Tecmo already has content in the game and has been trusted with four Nintendo IPs in the past so I do think they'd be easier than most 3rd Parties to get with.

As a side note, I'm amazed Koei Tecmo hasn't made another 2D platformer in the vein of the original trilogy, or at the very least a remake of them with less jank and the expanded lore from later games.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Pokemon Let's Go is SO much fun! I'm LOVING it, it's so charming and full of live. The catching system is pretty nifty and it's not much different as before half the time you'd just run from the wild Pokemon anyway. I only have a few complaints but they're nothing critical.

Team so far is Pikachu, Mew, Ivysaur, Growlithe, and Squirtle, planning on keeping them all unevolved and just adding Jigglypuff, playing this hardcore

EDIT: THis isn't the social thread WHAAAAAT

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think he would round out the NES/Arcade icons
Until we get the TMNT, this will never be rounded out. :troll:

11th highest grossing NES title and was even bundled with the console in the UK. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
SORA

I'LL TAKE MEGA RAYQUAZA. HAVE FUN BEATING ME NOW SUCKERS! IT'S ANYTHING GOES HERE.

Being serious though I'll take Quote.
Its cool bud I know you're a bigger Sora fan than me and when I saw you pick him I changed it to Spyro. Not sure thats allowed though, so hopefully im not breaking the rules.

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
I saw somewhere that Smash preorders are doing record numbers for the Switch. Probably expected, giving the nature of the game, but I wonder if the number of preorders is somewhat related to the two reasons I decided to

1) I want to play it at midnight on the 7th without waiting in line
2) I want it digitally on my Switch so I can play it whenever I have my system with me

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Whoa, does Indigo still work well after all those years? You really know how to keep your controller in prime condition!
Indigo works as well as ever, or at least as well as I need him to be. I don't really do anything with Indigo but play Smash, so he doesn't see much use I guess. Maybe that's why he's in such good condition.
Its cool bud I know you're a bigger Sora fan than me and when I saw you pick him I changed it to Spyro. Not sure thats allowed though, so hopefully im not breaking the rules.
Nah, I respect a good :ultgreninja:. You got him first, so he's yours. I'll happily take MEGA RAYQUAZA HAHAHAHAHA Quote.
I saw somewhere that Smash preorders are doing record numbers for the Switch. Probably expected, giving the nature of the game, but I wonder if the number of preorders is somewhat related to the two reasons I decided to

1) I want to play it at midnight on the 7th without waiting in line
2) I want it digitally on my Switch so I can play it whenever I have my system with me
Those are the exact reasons I decided on digital lol.

Also those double points allowed me to get Hollow Knight, which was nice.

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Indigo works as well as ever, or at least as well as I need him to be. I don't really do anything with Indigo but play Smash, so he doesn't see much use I guess. Maybe that's why he's in such good condition.

Nah, I respect a good :ultgreninja:. You got him first, so he's yours. I'll happily take MEGA RAYQUAZA HAHAHAHAHA Quote.

Those are the exact reasons I decided on digital lol.

Also those double points allowed me to get Hollow Knight, which was nice.
Did you see the major news today regarding Kingdom Hearts today? It was revealed who Larxene's original self was, and that she's the sister of Streletzia who was mysteriously killed. I think KH3 just got even more interesting and complicated.

Larxene's original self

Last edited:

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308
Well I'm glad you and your old friend Indigo will be able to go through another heart felt round of Smash Bros once more!~
You have played Yoshi's Island and thus the Prince Froggy boss, right? :yoshi:
Yeah, that ought to do it...among other things~
View attachment 179102
you're all being very suspicious.
Haha, that Chocobo expression is much more fitting given the rather suspicious situation! Will our secrets ever be revealed? Tune in next time for the next exciting episode of Dragon Ball Z!~

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Until we get the TMNT, this will never be rounded out. :troll:

11th highest grossing NES title and was even bundled with the console in the UK. :p

Pft. Everyone knows the NES Turtles game was ****.

SNES is where they shined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom