• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Give your reactions to each of these characters being announced for a Smash:
Skull Kid
Sylux
Bandana Waddle Dee
Zerazora
Paper Mario
Lyn
Mach Rider
Ryu Hayabusa
Soma Cruz
Erdrick
Dante
Sora
Kazuma Kiryu
Dovakinn
Doomguy
Monster Hunter
Cole Macgrath
Commander Shepard
im watching the stream (wont be linking, sorry, dont want it taken down), it's real
What stream? Where?

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
No, tweaking his moveset to make him more of a shotoclone and giving him a super meter does.
A cancel and Super system is hardly what I would consider SF unique and SF-eque isn't how I'd describe how Lucario plays.

...Unless you're talking about Ryu in any VS. Capcom game. In which case yeah, they are pretty similar. Still, way more interesting than Smash's version of aura.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
You know, as much as I would have loved to have this not spoiled for me, I don't think I actually feel bad knowing about it.

I don't think I'm going to be any less hype.

The only difference now is that I probably won't cry
I'm a huge sentimental crybaby when I'm shocked with something so hype out of the blue, especially considering how long I've been playing the series haha
This is a mood.

Then again, I haven't watched or heard any other spoilers so depending on how it's handled I might cry anyway.

God I can't wait.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You guys really don't need to put it under a spoiler tag. There's already one on the thread itself lol.
:GCUL:^:GCUR:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Probably old news, but on the big spoiler guy...

It's gotta be fake. Master Hand would've been number 70, and that's Piranha Plant. Plus, if he's 0, he'd have to come directly before Mario on the CSS.
I mean, It would make sense for him to be before Mario in the CSS as character number 00, Master Hand's literally the first character you get to see in the Smash 64 intro. (Unless you count the breeding dog from HAL's logo....)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait, what stream is happening right now?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
mfw vergeben posts his list and not a mrgrgr in sight

crono and slime would be neat tho so they're cool

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Skull Kid
Sylux
Bandana Waddle Dee
Zerazora
Paper Mario
Lyn
Mach Rider
Ryu Hayabusa
Soma Cruz
Erdrick
Dante
Sora
Kazuma Kiryu
Dovakinn
Doomguy
Monster Hunter
Cole Macgrath
Commander Shepard
What stream? Where?
Lyn: YES.
Ryu Hayabusa: FINALLY
Soma: Should've been Alucard but I'll take it.
Dante: eaaaaat **** Bayonetta. The king is back to take his crown.
Doomguy: It's about damn time.
Erdrick: Great. That's a fully deserved character.
Everyone else: neat

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I've also seen this being passed around, though I'm not sure if it's real or not.

...Yup. Still a vast improvement.
Oh, so this is what E Eru13 was talking about. Yep. The black leggings and the long black sleeves really compliment her design really well...

I want this in Smash now.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
This isn’t true as far as I can tell. I can’t find a source on a nintendo/square representative saying the game underperformed, and a quick bit of research tells me the game did pretty well for itself. Hell, globally it’s the 19th best selling SNES game, even surpassing chrono trigger.
Well that's why I put it in quotations.
It sold decently globally, but Japan made the bulk of the sales while it only moved .66 million in North America.
Those are decent sales, but it technically undepreformed outside of Japan.

And what I mean by that, is like how Capcom claims MvC:I undepreformed despite hitting well over a million units.
Most fighting games, outside of Smash and MK, are lucky if they even hit close to a million.
SMRPG sold pretty well, but not as well compared to the other Mario or first party titles on the system.

What Ganon's Up To

Smash Cadet
Is the 350 games being played still how you unlock characters? I saw something that showed you had to play Classic Mode or WoL.
All of those work, the frequency of multiplayer unlocks is determined by how many players are in the match i.e. playing 4-player matches is faster than playing 2-player matches.

Last edited:

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
Skull Kid
Sylux
Bandana Waddle Dee
Zerazora
Paper Mario
Lyn
Mach Rider
Ryu Hayabusa
Soma Cruz
Erdrick
Dante
Sora
Kazuma Kiryu
Dovakinn
Doomguy
Monster Hunter
Cole Macgrath
Commander Shepard
What stream? Where?
Skull Kid
Good for his supporters.

Sylux
Nice Metroid prime Hunters rep.

Bandana Waddle Dee
Spear fighters are cool.

Zerazora
At least Graizen is happy cause a Digimon is in the game.

Paper Mario
Down.

Lyn
I like Lyn but the FE jokes would not be worth it.

Mach Rider
Retro reps as DLC! Hell yeah!

Ryu Hayabusa

This means Tecmo which means door is open to Monster Hunter so I'm thrilled.

Soma Cruz
Don't know who this is.

Erdrick
EEh.

Dante
EEEEEHHHH.

Sora
NICE

Kazuma Kiryu
I'm kinda down?

Dovakinn
SO IN. JUST FOR SOULE MUSIC.

Doomguy
Would probs be too toned down in Smash TBH.

Monster Hunter
Very nice. Weapons would be really cool.

Cole Macgrath
I don't like this pick for rational reasons.

Commander Shepard
I absolutely love this pick for irrational reasons

D

Deleted member

Well that's why I put it in quotations.
It sold decently globally, but Japan made the bulk of the sales while it only moved .66 million in North America.
Those are decent sales, but it technically undepreformed outside of Japan.

And what I mean by that, is like how Capcom claims MvC:I undepreformed despite hitting well over a million units.
Most fighting games, outside of Smash and MK, are lucky if they even hit close to a million.
SMRPG sold pretty well, but not as well compared to the other Mario or first party titles on the system.
You have to consider that this was stilll the 1990s. A Link to The Past sold 4 million copies, Super Mario RPG managed to get half of that. That’s pretty good. .66 million in NA is pretty good considering the time. I ain’t saying the game was a smash hit, but you can’t say it technically underperformed either.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
If Sephiroth is in, what would his stage be? Just the Northern Cave? Like a descent through the cave, and it transitions from a rocky Battlefield-esque area to a more flat and spooky-looking area?

Battlebg-ffvii-northerncave-finaldescent.png

Battlebg-ffvii-insidetheplanet.png

Battlebg-ffvii-core-bizarro.png

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Wait, there's verge's leaked list? Link?

I need to see it for myself
Its
- Sephiroth
- Chrono
- Erdrick
- Luminary
- Slime
- Geno
- Sora

Vergeben specifically states Sora is not one of them by his source. We dont have the direct DM but apparently Vergeben believes another character on this list is impossible due to sheer complicated design (its not Geno). Many people are speculating that to be Sephiroth.

That leaves the 3 DQ reps, Geno and Chrono. There's apparently also hints of Nintendo picking 2 fan requested reps from the guy who leaked it and his source.

In my personal opinion, like Sephiroth, i find all the DQ reps impossible due to their music alone, which is even more of a nightmare compared to Final Fantasy. My personal opinion though, maybe Nintendo managed to get something.

But if I HAD to guess, its either Geno or Chrono

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All this arguing over the Square character is hilarious. I hope it ends up being a Deus Ex character or Cooking Mama just for the salt. Though not going to lie I'd be down with a Deus Ex character.

D

Deleted member

Excuse me are people digging back to a post that was literally nearly 10 hours ago to talk about who makes them horny?
What else did you expect at this point? We've got nothing else to talk about aside from the never ending ******** debating on who the Square rep is going to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom