• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
G&W's FSmash has a feather on his head, making him look like a Native American. It is a reference to a G&W game where you had to stop Native Americans from burning down your fortress. Some folks are clearly not very happy about this, so Nintendo announce they are gonna change it.
Wow.

We live in a timeline where a Japanese toy & game company is less tone deaf about Native American rights than Washington D.C.

google chrom

Smash Apprentice
Dude, I stopped preordering games from Amazon. On six tries two were a day late, two were indefinitely late so I canceled, and one was for the wrong console. The only game they actually got correct was God Wars for the Vita.

Which is weird, because I don't have problems with other things I order. It was specifically videogames.

Oh and yeah, sure whatever. I can take 'em.

Okay. Not gonna lie. That would be a pretty fantastic announcement.
Yeah the only things i've ordered for games was Skyrim for the switch (because everyone needs skyrim on every console ) And the gamecube controller with adapter. Maybe we should order gaming stuff from Mexico so we can get it early.

ok bet, i sure hope that LEGENDARY SPIRIT TAMER DOESN'T SEE THAT
haha i'll record the fight dw

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah the only things i've ordered for games was Skyrim for the switch (because everyone needs skyrim on every console ) And the gamecube controller with adapter. Maybe we should order gaming stuff from Mexico so we can get it early.

ok bet, i sure hope that LEGENDARY SPIRIT TAMER DOESN'T SEE THAT
haha i'll record the fight dw
For the record? The mods are easily and often busy. We all have lives and all. So trust me, we don't need extra stuff to do~

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Man Deltarune is taking over this forum. Got a couple Ralsei's, a Susie iirc, Kris, seen Sans in a sig, I got Susie in my sig. lol
1542651475871.gif

Speaking of Deltarune, Japan seems to want Sans in Smash despite his workability as an Assist Trophy instead. I'd rather Frisk be the rep for both games, or hell, Susie even!

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'll repost this because I'm desperately fishing for likes

Wait, Yoshi's on the blog now? Well I wonder what it will say...

"Today's Fighter
#05: Yoshi
Yoshi is all about egg-related moves, like throwing eggs, swallowing opponents and turning them into eggs, or turning into an egg and charging toward an opponent. With a high jump, recovery is a piece of cake for Yoshi! And for his Final Smash, a Yoshi army stampedes through the stage."

Well not all about egg-related moves, it's mostly aerial game and shield pressure. I'm surprised they mention that much about his moveset with just a few words, so I'm pretty happy with the way it was--

Wait, hold on

"With a high jump, RECOVERY IS A PIECE OF CAKE FOR YOSHI!"

I can't believe they wrote that with a straight face!!!

D

Deleted member

View attachment 180697
Speaking of Deltarune, Japan seems to want Sans in Smash despite his workability as an Assist Trophy instead. I'd rather Frisk be the rep for both games, or hell, Susie even!
I really do need to play Deltarune don't I

I mean I did all three routes in Undertale and thought it was fun, so Deltarune would probably be fun as well

khfan93

Smash Cadet
View attachment 180697
IMHO, the only Undertale character who would make sense in Smash is Undyne.

She's the only character who actually seems to enjoy fighting in Undertale. And the fact that she uses spears means that her fighting style can be translated into Smash.

I don't think you can do Sans or Papyrus; Sans for character integrity reasons and either because I can't imagine what their moveset would translate to. Everything distinctive about Frisk is dodging stuff, tho I guess they could do something villager style with them, but I don't think there's enough things in Undertale to draw from. Alphys no, Toriel and Asgore could have a moveset but wouldn't work for character integrity reasons, etc.

Undyne has no barriers to inclusion that every other Undertale character has.

Susie is probably the equivalent character for Deltarune. But I suspect since her story isn't done yet Toby would not have offered up said character for Smash (although given that Deltarune has been in the works since 2012, it's not impossible)

Edit: Sorry this was so long I've just been thinking about this for weeks and finally had an opportunity to share

Last edited:

google chrom

Smash Apprentice

She's the only character who actually seems to enjoy fighting in Undertale. And the fact that she uses spears means that her fighting style can be translated into Smash.

I don't think you can do Sans or Papyrus; Sans for character integrity reasons and either because I can't imagine what their moveset would translate to. Everything distinctive about Frisk is dodging stuff, tho I guess they could do something villager style with them, but I don't think there's enough things in Undertale to draw from. Alphys no, Toriel and Asgore could have a moveset but wouldn't work for character integrity reasons, etc.

Susie is probably the equivalent character for Deltarune. But I suspect since her story isn't done yet Toby would not have offered up said character for Smash (although given that Deltarune has been in the works since 2012, it's not impossible)

Edit: Sorry this was so long I've just been thinking about this for weeks and finally had an opportunity to share
I really like the idea of undyne being in as an undertale rep. She would be a genuine pick, but as for other characters, they can also be added, I mean peaceful characters aren't an exception to smash and I'm sure daddy sakurai could figure something out. And as for deltarune, I think Toby confirmed that he has the story done but he said just to accept that the game isn't going to be done for a while. He mentioned it on his twitter :)

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627

*cough cough*
asrielgoh.jpg

Don't forget the God of Hyperdeath :p

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman

I feel like the only problem with the character integrity thing, is that there are already characters who wouldn't normally fight in Smash (Isabelle, Villager, WFT). But I still think Undyne would be awesome, and would probably pick her for an Undertale rep as well.

khfan93

Smash Cadet
*cough cough*
Don't forget the God of Hyperdeath :p
I know everyone has played Undertale but that would be a major spoiler (another reason why I don't think Sans is a choice).

There's mad moveset potential for that form of Asriel, sure, but it's also like...I associate that version of Asriel with, gameplay wise, choosing NOT to fight, and it would be a tad ironic for him to be in a fighting game.

Also I always cry during that boss fight and I don't wanna cry during smash
I really like the idea of undyne being in as an undertale rep. She would be a genuine pick, but as for other characters, they can also be added, I mean peaceful characters aren't an exception to smash and I'm sure daddy sakurai could figure something out. And as for deltarune, I think Toby confirmed that he has the story done but he said just to accept that the game isn't going to be done for a while. He mentioned it on his twitter :)
I guess the complicating factor for Undertale is that like, the whole point of the game is about the virtues of making friends with your enemies instead of fighting them. Undyne is the only character who likes fighting with her friends.
It's different than Villager and Isabelle, bc Animal Crossing isn't about why fighting is bad.

Yes, Toby knows all of Susie's story, but we haven't seen it, and would he really want to spoil a character's arc in Smash?

EDIT: needed to fix a few spelling mistakes

Last edited:

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Man Deltarune is taking over this forum. Got a couple Ralsei's, a Susie iirc, Kris, seen Sans in a sig, I got Susie in my sig. lol
I never thought I would be this excited for a Undertale follow-up. It takes Undertale then add incredible music, interesting battle system, exciting story and active partners (ESPECIALLY RALSEI).

KiwiK

Smash Rookie
I personally feel anything Undertale and related works miles better as an AT.

Undyne? Have her with her full armor spawning spears from the ground like she does on the chase scene before the Dummy fight, while she stays in the background for the duration of the AT.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Pretty cool reveal trailer, but it didn't really show any in-game footage of him in Smash, so........................ I bet it's not real
Yeah, cause I made it earlier in the day. And a few more if you check my account. I will be adding more as I make them. As a huge fan of Utada Hikaru and the original commercial for KH, I really wanted to see a Sora character video using that song.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I know everyone has played Undertale but that would be a major spoiler (another reason why I don't think Sans is a choice).

There's mad moveset potential for that form of Asriel, sure, but it's also like...I associate that version of Asriel with, gameplay wise, choosing NOT to fight, and it would be a tad ironic for him to be in a fighting game.

Also I always cry during that boss fight and I don't wanna cry during smash

I guess the complicating factor for Undertale is that like, the whole point of the game is about the virtues of making friends with your enemies instead of fighting them. Undyne is the only character who likes fighting with her friends.
It's different than Villager and Isabelle, bc Animal Crossing isn't about why fighting is bad.

Yes, Toby knows all of Susie's story, but we haven't seen it, and would he really want to spoil a character's arc in Smash?

EDIT: needed to fix a few spelling mistakes
Lucina and Sheik are in Smash, I don't think Sakurai cares about spoilers THAT much.

khfan93

Smash Cadet
Lucina and Sheik are in Smash, I don't think Sakurai cares about spoilers THAT much.
No, but I suspect Toby (whose approval would be needed for any Undertale rep since he owns the copyright personally) does.

mbit99

Smash Rookie
User was warned for this post; censor dodging(please write out the words as normal)
This is my current speculation for Super Smash Bros. for Switch.

Backup Link: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=28bcvat&s=9#.WwM8we4vydE

I'm currently working on a video explaining my choices.

If you're wondering, the disconnected part of the roster is my DLC thoughts.
Not Rex... His English voice is just too...

Plz, no Rex....

(Edit: Oh luckily, I seen only as "Mii Fighter Outfit list, if this were a real character, I can't imagine how....)

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
What about this?

*a scene starts with Marth, Robin, and a pink Yoshi walking towards a door that they enter, going into a stage that looks like a circus tent like area. After looking around a bit they all dodge a scythe that falls from the sky. "I can do anything!" can be heard as Jevil appears with his tagline "Jevil wants to play a game!" which then shifts to his gameplay section. At the end the team is seemingly defeated and Jevil taunts at the camera hopping around showing how much energy he still has to play while Marth turns back and forth rapidly to emulate spinning just on screen*
jevildance.gif

....Im tired and I've never done something like that before so enjoy. lol

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
And now, Day 7!
Dat simon kirby tho and rip bomberman, he got AT'd
I knew about ridley and inkling

Simon makes kirby look like a romance star

Those idiots you only needed his crown the scalp was not needed but nice touch with kirby using the blunderbust gangster style

A mini snow man for Isabelle’s hat very cute

And incineroar he looks like a lion with that on

Fail on not showing the new echo fighters even though we saw Dark Samus in the 2nd smash presentation.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Not sure if this was posted here but I got a kick out of it. Ray Chase, who voices Roy in Smash and Alfonse in Fire Emblem Heroes, was asked about having Alfonse in Smash:

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I had a dream I was at some kind of huge wrestling practice for Smash and met the whole roster and a bunch of the hopefuls. The whole thing took place in a gym and I gave a motivational speech but messed up and told the hopefuls we would all be in Smash and they got excited until I explained I meant "in the future".

One of the DLC characters was Lloyd Irving who was there to record footage for Ultimate. I told him how excited I was to see him and he rolled his eyes and told me it was corporate's decision. He was treating the whole thing like just another job.

Lloyd Irving is a jerk.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I had a dream I was at some kind of huge wrestling practice for Smash and met the whole roster and a bunch of the hopefuls. The whole thing took place in a gym and I gave a motivational speech but messed up and told the hopefuls we would all be in Smash and they got excited until I explained I meant "in the future".

One of the DLC characters was Lloyd Irving who was there to record footage for Ultimate. I told him how excited I was to see him and he rolled his eyes and told me it was corporate's decision. He was treating the whole thing like just another job.

Lloyd Irving is a jerk.
Who else was there

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord

Lloyd Irving is a jerk.
Looks like Kaede's LOL HOPE speech end up giving everyone despair.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Who else was there
Two big amateur wrestlers who both had injuries. They made us wince every time they did moves to each other. Other than that it was a bunch of faceless trainees dressed in grey shirts and athletic shorts.

I really think Lloyd was the only actual videogame character in attendance. We made a bunch of food for everyone there and Lloyd's name was circled on the whiteboard as someone who got first dibs.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Meta Knight Combo in Ultimate!
He is much more buffed in here especially that the tornado's knockback has been significantly increased!
He combos multiple uairs to tornado and kills rather early.

Seems like hes a combination of Brawl and Smash 4 MK

D

Deleted member

Some crazy videos coming out. We're so tantalizingly close to the release!

Also, is looks like Kirby's wearing a pelt skinned from Incineroar when it takes his power lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom