• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackghost

Smash Champion
Why the heck is Charizard that fast!? But nice to see Ridley on 9-10th place with him...
Roy and Chrom being faster than Marth and Lucina is pretty interesting too, can't wait to play with them.
A little sad about Pikachu being faster than Pichu, after being the lightest character they could have given it at least this advantage...
Also, Falco being 50th place... :sadeyes:
charizard is where he should be. in pokemon he's at base 100 speed which is decent but nothing special. and honestly, pichu should be worse than i\pikachu in every measurable way. sakurai loves to honor the source game's lore.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, props to them for pirating the game and playing it early and leaking it.
I mean, I was going to say props to them having the balls to leak it knowing full well the Nintendo Ninjas are out in full force, but okay.

So, I thought about writing a Thank You letter to Sakurai, giving him my thanks for the amazing job he's done with Ultimate. I doubt he'd be able to read it though lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
"'might' know"

Well, if these recent leaks have taught me anything, no one truly knows for sure, so I guess the "might" is literal.
That is what I love about these types of leaks, isnt it exciting? We are left with only a possibility rather than an absolute truth. Who knows what might happen? Of course, that could just be me. Hopefully, it isnt.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anything good get leaked besides Marx and Ganon? I don't get what the big deal is since we already know the roster.
According to what Ikanger posted on the Medusa support thread.

KI Medusa might actually be a boss.

Guys, I have something to tell.. if you dont want to be spoiled, don't read.

A DATAMINER FOUND MEDUSA IN CLASSIC MODE FILES MEANING SHE COULD BE A BOSS AND.IM LITERALLY SHAKING AND CRYING OF HAPPINESS RN. THE GUY WHO TWEETED THIS DID DELETE HIS TWEET THO BUT ITS REAL, NOW SOMEONE JUST NEEDS TO PLAY CLASSIC MODE WITH A KI CHARACTER AAAAAAA

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Attention all Smashboards users.

No, this is not Sans (this time). Smash Ultimate is in trouble! Tons and tons of people are pirating the game and leaking it online before it even releases, and Reggie has to stop them! But in order to do this, he's gonna need his trusty Nintendo Ninjas, and cartridges for Waluigi's Taco Stand and Mother 3!

However, he needs your help! To help him, all you have to do is turn yourself in, you scumbag leaker, how dare you leak our game. *takes you to Mr. Sakurai for a beating*

D

Deleted member

So, I don't know if anyone here knew this but,
Appareiantly, Cap'n Cuttlefish from Splatoon has a Dojo than you can use to power up you spirits, complete with Splatoon music too.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Attention all Smashboards users.

No, this is not Sans (this time). Smash Ultimate is in trouble! Tons and tons of people are pirating the game and leaking it online before it even releases, and Reggie has to stop them! But in order to do this, he's gonna need his trusty Nintendo Ninjas, and cartridges for Waluigi's Taco Stand and Mother 3!

However, he needs your help! To help him, all you have to do is turn yourself in, you scumbag leaker, how dare you leak our game. *takes you to Mr. Sakurai for a beating*
Hey now. If Nintendo of Canada ain't willing to play ball and let so many fans try out a demo of the final roster, I'll take what I can get.

On that note, I didn't hack my Switch. Someone I know bought an old broken one as a spare. I got my fill in after trying it three times.

Dan

Smash Lord
What was the deal with the playable Master Hand image I saw? Legit?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Interesting...

So reflecting across that is coming back the way it came from apparently doesn't change its direction. Interesting.

Shroob

Sup?
Update on one of the SpawnCast VGA predictions, seems that Mortal Kombat 11 seems more and more likely of a reveal, so the Spawn Circle might've known about this, too. Maximillian Dood apparently is backing this up, as of literally an hour ago.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/4c...t-tga-2018-new-infos-on-modes-and-more.84415/

What gets me is this.
"johnny cage,goro,sonya,kano,baraka,mileena,ferratorr %100 not playable"

View attachment 181013
I mean, not that weird. MK constantly shifts its roster around.

blackghost

Smash Champion
i had to lockdown study for law school exams and i come back and Sephiroth is actually receiving consideration now..... interesting. i've been saying it since the announcement.

don't mind me i'm gonna go study some more. ya'll stay good and please dont be part of the problem of people complaining about new interesting tech on twitter. i saw an icie combo zero to death and people are complaining rather than getting excited. if you dont liek the combos go play a different game but this toxicity needs to be cut out BEFORE the game comes out.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
According to what Ikanger posted on the Medusa support thread.

KI Medusa might actually be a boss.
Is this true? Are we sure that we saw Pit's Classic mode boss before?
Was the RARE spirit data found in Smash ever confirmed?
We don't really know, checking the pastebin with all spirits in it and I used ctrl + f to find name of those rare spirit.

No result were found. It's possible that they were put in as mistake or likely purpose but it got cut.

D

Deleted member

I wonder where Cloud will be unlocked in World of Light...

Last edited by a moderator:

google chrom

Smash Apprentice
i had to lockdown study for law school exams and i come back and Sephiroth is actually receiving consideration now..... interesting. i've been saying it since the announcement.

don't mind me i'm gonna go study some more. ya'll stay good and please dont be part of the problem of people complaining about new interesting tech on twitter. i saw an icie combo zero to death and people are complaining rather than getting excited. if you dont liek the combos go play a different game but this toxicity needs to be cut out BEFORE the game comes out.
don't worry, we're just talking about even more leaks, and nsfw topics every other page.
keep up the productivity i'm proud

Dan

Smash Lord
yes, in one WoL level.
Anything else neat like that, or is that the only playable boss so far?

How great would it beat if he was unlockable and this was just another instance of us getting bamboozled?

Everyone's acting like the sky is falling cause the game leaked, but the only things worth mentioning have been Marx, Ganon, playable Master Hand and for me personally, Geno and Mallow being Spirits. tbh, WoL cutscenes look dull, soulless and boring.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Anything else neat like that, or is that the only playable boss so far?

How great would it beat if he was unlockable and this was just another instance of us getting bamboozled?

Everyone's acting like the sky is falling cause the game leaked, but the only things worth mentioning have been Marx, Ganon, playable Master Hand and for me personally, Geno and Mallow being Spirits. tbh, WoL cutscenes look dull, soulless and boring.
There was a 4chan post that claimed Master Hand was unlockable after you collected all Spirits, however the picture seemed like it may have been from WoL based on footage that was shared here, so I think the post was false.

Another post in the thread, claiming to be the OP (both were anonymous though), claimed Master Hand to only be on the CSS in Stamina Mode, and that he had his own mode (and based on what was said, it sounds like Multi-Man Smash / the new All-Star except you're Master Hand). Once again, however, I think this is false.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Oh hold on. The Lets Go Spirits basically just dropped a bombshell. Those missing spirits might just be saved for game releases. A Poochy Spirit might come once Crafted World comes out, a Sylux Spirit might come out once MP4 comes out, etc.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean, not that weird. MK constantly shifts its roster around.
Yeah, but getting rid of staples like Johnny Cage, Sonya, and Kano?
Kind of a strange move but I'm not here to judge Netherrealm.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I hope this happens with Ultimate, because it's cool
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Minus the downfall bit
Fortnite is evil memes...Smash is laifu
What Avengers are you talking about here, those silly superhero ones, or...
#NotTheRealAvengers
Baby thighs are carrying all of Yoshi’s tax fraud
View attachment 181015
We keep straying away from Sakurai.
let’s continue to do so

Jgt044

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wii U: Jgt044
3DS FC
1005-9641-7502
I just thought of something. If this has already been discussed, then I'm sorry. Mostly relying on what I remember happened back then lol

Back in September/October, from my memory, some source (forgot the name, someone help me, pls) said there was a leak that was circulating on the internet that SE didnt like. We talked about it for a bit on here. At the time, we all thought it was a picture of Geno. After the game came out, most people came to the conclusion that the pic was fake (And let's face it, it probably is).

If the SE character actually is a Dragon Quest character, I'm curious what the leak was that Square didn't like, because I don't remember hearing about any big leak (image or text) with a DQ character in it on here...

Am I the only one that remembers that leak floating around? Or maybe I'm just going crazy. Considering how long I've been here, probably the latter haha.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
"johnny cage, sonya, mileena - - not playable"
Yeah, this better not be real. I be ****ing mad if they take out Johnny. Probably to replace 'im with Cassie, whom I'm not a big fan of... ****.

Mileena is a must have too. She's super unique.

Sonya is a classic. These are all bad decisions. I mean no Scorpion in MK3 bad decisions.

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
If they're getting rid of staple characters, MK11 prob isn't gonna do too good. lol
Despite how popular Mortal Kombat is, the devs value the continuity of story moreso over which characters get to stay. It's why for in Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, Liu Kang was actually removed as a playable character. Albeit it was only for one game, but still. Continuity and all.

You're probably right though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom