• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Smash@UWaterloo : A New Era ~

Sanu

Smash Champion
SMASH@UWATERLOO
A New Era - Details TBD

[COLLAPSE="Info Backup"]
SMASH@UWATERLOO
64/Melee/Brawl Smashfest

General Info

When: See Thread Title, starting around 4:30- 5 PM and ends whenever
Where: Second Floor of RCH (J.R. Coutts Engineering Lecture Hall) in any open room

Directions

Anecdotes

*Every player must supply their own controller.
*You don't have to be a Waterloo student to attend any of these events, everyone is welcome!
**I will be bringing ONE full MELEE setups (TV + Gamecube/Wii) by minimum; other than that, all setups MUST be supplied by you, the attendees. WE NEED SETUPS TO MAKE THIS EVENT SUCCESSFUL!!

Related Links

Monthlies@Uwaterloo: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=286450

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unofficial KWCG Power Rankings

1. - Sanuzi
2. - Byron
3. - Keasta
4. - EWC
5. - Flan
6. - How2
7. - Daven
8. - Quenk

[/COLLAPSE]

X- Sylar -X

Smash Journeyman
Everyone in the tri city smash community.... this is what our scrubby little scene needz to burst out into something greater.

You think im wrong.. I challenge you to come out and bring your friends so they can imrpove but what i cant stress enough is set-ups the more t.vs and power bars we get the better it is for everyone. We need to make this work no one else is gonna bring t.vs for everyone. Josh bringing 2 is an amazing start.

There is NO reason why you can't come out!

Its a great ommunity with some great competition.

P.S Woo first post!!!

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
I have a tutorial during the first hour but I can skip the second tutorial and make it to the last 30 minutes. I can bring a Wii/GC + SSBM if needed. Also, my house now has 3 copies of Melee.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Don't worry about coming late, you can make it at any time.

ALART: We need power bars and extension cords! I'll be bringing one power bar and one extension cord for next week. Also, please note that the Comfy is just the testing grounds for this event. If we take up too much room, or if it turns out there's not enough room, or someone complains (which I really doubt) and we have to leave; we may have to find another location for future events. I know an alternative location though so don't fret!

SolDarkness

Smash Cadet
i have a lab on Tuesdays from 1:30 - 4:30 once every two weeks. Grrr, this coming tuesday I have a lab, I'll come out the Tuesday after that though.

Sanu

Smash Champion
So what? Your lab ends at 4:30 so it shouldn't be a problem. You can come at any time you know, you don't HAVE to show up when this event starts <___<

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Um you know I'd love to come to this but I have a psych seminar from 330-420, then I take the 445 bus home, then get home at 510, and driving ~20 min, lol 530 oops time to go home haha.

There ISSSS however, a random smash club (well any games ppl bring in general) at the University of Guelph AT THE MOMENT Wednesdays 6-10, and I won't bother listing the locations cuz they're going to be changing.

But I think that'd be:
Better:
-it's a longer period of time
-it's like 3 large classrooms, or changing to 2 depending on who comes
-there's a lot of ppl who bring their campus tvs lol, or w/e they're from

Worse:
-i'm the only compet melee player in all of guelph really lol, giver take a highschool student and another guy who's at UoW, and he's just being informed of this thread as we speak
-you guys will all have to travel HERE, haha,.... >_>
-no more reasons :D

*edit: oops this ends at 5 lol, my bad

*edit (2): LMAO wow i can't read, my bad, this doesn't end til later... well depending on what time, I'll come haha. sorry for misreading.

Nha77ers

Smash Rookie
UW is good, since i go there, i'll attend every week. Ignore jack's post, he sucks and no one likes him =)

Sanu

Smash Champion
I miss my big wolf friend.

JOSH!!!!!! :(
FIXED! I miss you too brah :laugh:... I HATE THIS CITY!!

I have a tutorial during the first hour but I can skip the second tutorial and make it to the last 30 minutes. I can bring a Wii/GC + SSBM if needed. Also, my house now has 3 copies of Melee.
i have a lab on Tuesdays from 1:30 - 4:30 once every two weeks. Grrr, this coming tuesday I have a lab, I'll come out the Tuesday after that though.
Blah blah blah I'm dumb <3

JUST TO CLARIFY, THE EVENT DOESN'T END AT 5:00 PM HOLY **** CAN'T YOU GUYS READ XFD IT WILL PROBABLY END AT LIKE 12-1 AM OR LATER.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
As for myself (and probably for Brian as well), I can make it on days where someone is home and I don't work. I'll probably end up there for like 2-3 hours later on, but its definately worth it!

infomon

Smash Scientist
Wait a minute... Sanuzi, you're supposed to book the Comfy through MathSoc. Otherwise they'll get mad and kick you out lol. And/or other clubs/students will get mad and kick yaz out.

If stuff goes past 5 then I can sometimes show up, except I don't like to show up on campus, especially not on the 3rd floor of MC :urg: lol

Sanu

Smash Champion
There's only gonna be like 2-3 setups, the Comfy is generally a free for all for do whatever the **** you want. It's not like this is a club or anything, haha, it's just a bunch of people playing smash.

This is the first try at the event and the Comfy may not even be the finalized location. I'm not expecting a big turnout so yeah, there *shouldn't* be any problems. I also have an alternative location in mind in case something does happen. Maybe I'll just move next week's event there if it seems like there really is going to be a problem.

Hype

Smash Lord
I'll be there, assuming I don't have another late night algabra session.

Edit: I'll probably bring some friends that only play casually.

Mysteek

Smash Cadet
I'll be there, I will be late because of tutorials though. Just a heads up.

EDIT: I can also supply a power bar?

Sanu

Smash Champion
Alright, it seems like there's going to be a bigger crowd than expected... so I'll be updating the OP with the new location and time (same date) soonish.

P.S., it's any free room in the RCH second floor (or first basement) starting at 4:30 instead of 3:30 ;O

Sanu

Smash Champion
Okay people, the first post has been updated with the new location and time... SO TAKE NOTE PLZKTHX =D

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
lol oo bigger turnout eh

yo btw if you set up a tourney could they please be posted ahead?
also i think i can make it next tuesdayy the 6th? i know how to get to uow campus but after that i'll probalby be a lost kitty duck

josh i wanna mm you =D Bo5 $2-$5 =)
brian mm you too lol

how2smashbrothers

Smash Apprentice
Nooooo I wish it was still in MC.

Oh well, I'll bring a setup to RCH. I think my memory card is still missing a stage though...

Anyone want to be there at like 4? =D

Sanu

Smash Champion
lol oo bigger turnout eh

yo btw if you set up a tourney could they please be posted ahead?
also i think i can make it next tuesdayy the 6th? i know how to get to uow campus but after that i'll probalby be a lost kitty duck

josh i wanna mm you =D Bo5 $2-$5 =)
brian mm you too lol
Well, that's why I posted the map haha; just hit me up on msn for further details. And I'll think about the mm.

Nooooo I wish it was still in MC.
The word of the day is "caution." I don't even know if this is going to work out at RCH, this is all a test drive.

Oh well, I'll bring a setup to RCH. I think my memory card is still missing a stage though...

Anyone want to be there at like 4? =D
In general, I don't think it's a good idea to get there before 4:30 because the floor we're using on RCH is mainly used for tutorials... and the TAs go home at 4:30 since that's the end of their work day so blah. I'll be there at 3:30ish to setup things though, so if you want to come by and help... by all means :laugh:. I can copy my memory card data to yours if you need it.

*NOTE: I can't actually supply a powerbar or extension cord today since I FORGOT THEM IN TORONTO. So if anyone wants to help out, it would be more than appreciated. I'm pretty sure we'll be fine for two setups, but anymore is pushing it without either aforementioned items.

Mysteek

Smash Cadet
Crap, may not be able to be there. I'll try to get my math assignment done asap, but I can't make any promises this week.

Top Bottom