• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 Smash vs Tekken vs Halo. Who brought in the most players at Orlando?

Status
Not open for further replies.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Define attendance. Yes, Halo is a team sport, but you cannot say that just because of that, only 25% (more like 20% if you include coaches) of the people that attended really count.

affinityy

Smash Rookie
Affinity hit the nail on the head.

As for Smash being 183 or 184: There were under a handful of people who signed up at the door. I did not take their registration (JV did). At one point I thought the bracket was done with 183, but I remember (vaguely) JV putting one more person in as a late registrat (so it would be 184). However many names are in the results thread is how many there were officially (since it was the list of every entrant).

I'm actually very impressed with Affinity because most people are clueless when it comes to numbers, so getting the numbers more or less right for all three games is nice work.

In terms of % of cap:
Smash 183/256 = 71.4%
Halo 104/256 = 40.6%
Tekken 64/128 = 50%

Halo though at a minimun had 416 players, probably closer to 500 since almost every single team will have a coach. Throw in the 16 pro teams and you can add another 80 players to that total (every pro team has a coach I believe, so 64 + 16).

The best any Halo team has done coming from Open bracket is 3rd place.
I've been very involved in MLG since 2008 (been to 7 events, 6 for Gears of War and 1 for Brawl), and for some reason I always like to know the numbers for every game so I ask around.

Conti

Smash Ace
Wow that % cap is interesting.... halo used to sell out more often 2 yrs ago... and we also have to consider this was the 1st event of the season... so with hype from this event and ect. more players overall are going to go to columbus... Let's see if brawl hits that cap... I bet by the 3rd event we might...

smashmachine

Smash Lord
clearly in terms of cash, halo>>brawl>>>>>tekken
and there's no way brawl can pass halo in attendence if you just count people

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I say smashers needs couches.

I put massive dibs on having 2 of them.
Pierce and my mother.

Every pro will do the same. So each smash pass will be a team of three, minimum. I am sure Ally would get his mother, girlfriend AND SamuraiPanda :p

Allied

Smash Master
I coach for vVv sunshine (dmbrandon + shadow)

Pierce coaches ADHD

its very helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom